/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Giants edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Fargoth and Arrille

Previous Kalpa:

So, Giants.

Tell me about'em.

Why do they have tusks?
Why do they have elf ears?

I'm wondering too, now that you bring those up

That guy's tusks are animal tusks he's twined into his beard.

And horns!

Giants (karstaag?) are a subgradial dawntime Atmoran entity somewhere between men, mer, trolls, the Ilyadi, the karstaag (?) and dragons. Possibly transkalpic, if that even means anything anymore.

When is the right time to read c0da for a beginner

You should ideally not be a beginner by the time you read it. If you're asking as a beginner, then you should read it last.

Play through Morrowind's main quest, read some of its books while doing so and just get acquainted with the story and lore.
Read all the 36 Lessons.
Read some of Kirkbride's out-of-game texts primarily 'Vehk's Teaching' and the Loveletter.

You should be ready then.

Stop asking about giants.

They're big. Herd Mammoths. Like painting and tattoos. Live in small nomadic communities. Like hitting people they don't like with a club. Tend to keep to themselves.

Last thread there was discussion about Almalexia potentially mantling Boethia?

Would that have any effect on Boethia's sphere at all?

First for /Bretonmasterrace/

Objectively best race. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: You might

I wouldn't say objectively,
but they are my favorite

No, because they would have be similar enough in the first place for the mantling to qualify. Boethia is the Anticipation of Almalexia (or the other way around post-Red Year), and it's sort of a soft mantling in the case of Almsivi.

>Almalexia potentially mantling Boethia
Who comes up with dumb shit like this?

They're monsters!

They are Atmorans who fell for Herma Mora's ruse and became Aldmer.

I'll get on that then

>Dunmer
>Short Blade
>Destruction
>Velothian Helmet
Hey, not ba-
>DB armor on low level
>Hlaalu robe

literally my first time

You better enjoy this experience, one only plays Morrowind blind once.

The concept of the anticipations is just temple propaganda to win daedra worshipers over to tribunal worship. It has nothing to do with mantling.

This. Literally the same thing as Saturnalia -> Christmas.

Does toilet paper exist in TES?

Or do they use something else?

Do they use paper, or parchment?

Does tobacco exist?

>Does tobacco exist?
It's an ingredient in Oblivion.

Oblivion isnt canon.

Fair enough.
Tobacco is also mentioned in The Wolf Queen, v.4.

The Trial of Vivec has a giant spiel about hoe the Tribunal had stolen their path to godhood from the Good Daedra and even goes so far as to state the following
>our people throwing our mantles to us across stars
The inference seems pretty clear.

>implying the Trial is not itself a piece of ALMSIVI propaganda

>Oblivion isn't canon.
What did he mean by this?

>implying you're not yourself a piece of propaganda

That has got to be one the most beautiful things one can say to another

>Christmas is exactly 9 months after Easter because tradition dictates jewish sages are created and die on the same day
>Saturnalia is on the 17th to 23rd
>le saturnalia is Christmas XDDDD
Terrible meme

UESRPG BESTIARY WHEN REEEE HURRY UP I WANT TO PLAY

serious though, thanks for all the hard work

Are you retarded?

Any reason for this to be so dead?

We are all dead

inside

>5 years since last game
>almost no tg related fan creation
>Veeky Forums culture rejects newcomers, people are turned off by the prospect of getting aggressive criticism that isn't constructive
>there are so many alternatives to choose for tes discussions for any level of interest
>regardless of the plausibility or creativity of the idea/product, atmosphere of discourse is so repelling that it forces people to be defensive and argumentative
>not much original creation coming out of tgesg other than shitpost

Those who are not bothered by these, stay. Incidentally, not many put up with it and go somewhere else. Many people on Reddit or forums occasionally visit here but why would they ever get involved. Why not just Download le memes, post on imgur or Reddit, get upboats and never come back.

user, we got official the stone translation less than 5 years ago. The only ones that are defensive are the ones baselessly attacking a certain involved loremaker. Stop spewing shit, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Michael "Cuck" Kirkbride deserves to be attacked given a) his anti-semitism and b) his recent claim that Morrowind should no longer be considered canon

>a) his anti-semitism
Eh, who car-
>and b) his recent claim that Morrowind should no longer be considered canon
Wait, what the fuck did this faggot say?

Morrowind is allowed, right? It's got d&d combat :^)
asking here because vg is vg
Does anyone know of any mods that add offensive mysticism spells? I want to throw an Elmekia lance

>add offensive mysticism spells
You get fucking Absorb, what else do you want?

I want shamanistic magic to attack from the astral plane and shit

Wait for post-1.0 OpenMW then. No way to add new spell effects currently.

*tips mutilated dick*

What happened?

Given the lack of response, apparently literally nothing happened.

Some Oy Vey is sperging

So when someone achieves amaranth do they zero sum? What happens to them afterwards?

No, they don't. They become the Godhead of a new Dream, as Anu is to the current.

But what happens to their presence in the world they are in? Both Anu and Vivec+Jubal buggered of somewhere, but why?

We don't really know. All we have to go off of is how Anu "hid himself in the sun and slept" which is connected to the state of sensory deprivation mentioned in the Loveletter.

>God outside of all else but his own free consciousness, hallucinating for eternity...
>...a subject in sensory deprivation begins to hallucinate after only twenty minutes.

Elven supremacy is Only truth

I see "hid himself in the Sun" as running away from responsabilities, hiding from the world in fear/regret, just like Magnus(the Sun) did it.

Why did Winterhold collabse

It done got fucked up.

Maybe it was blowback from the euroption of red mountain

Fuck Giants, explain Centaurs to me. What the hell are they?

Half horse people.

furry ehlnofey

Elaborate.

>What the hell are they?
They're the mystical creatures known as "Retconned".

>Retconned
Skyrim version of A Dance In Fire still has a mention of centaurs.

>implying they dont just copy paste the books to be able to say shut like "so much story, such great depth" at game shows
How many original, good books were written for Skyrim? Not many. ESO is the worst in this, we all know it. They dont care about books, nor developing the game world outside of quests. They write a single paragraph of utter shit, call it a book and say oh what stories we tell. God I fucking hate that """""lore master"""""" too. Books in TES is the only thing in life that makes me go REEEEE

Judging by the way it goes, they will turn TES back into a DnD setting.

Please don't remind me, user. I almost fucking puked when I saw LadyNigger posting pic related.

A retcon is when something is when something is literally overwritten in the lore (i.e jungles of Cyrodiil).
Just because Centaurs haven't been acknowledged in a while does not mean they have been retconned.

So, I gotta say I like ESO's version of Vvardenfel ruins as a half-way point between Skyrim and Morrowind, but the new Daedric ruins don't really look all that good. (And hell I thought they were supposed to be intact during the Interregnum, but that was just a personal idea of when they were built.)

Absorb is pretty fucking based, not sure how you need more than that/

Aaaand I forgot the image.

I guess because the texturing was simpler in Oblivion they could twist the upper polygons into crazy curls to look unearthly without looking glitchy, but still...

Fuck you, Matt

The colors are also all wrong and the reddish glyphed blocks are replaced with boring grey stone.

Ald'ruhn's crab is either not completely excavated or they really changed the shape.

The rest of the city is unbuilt which actually makes sense, as opposed to Seyda Neen which is practically identical in a blatant act of nostalgia-pandering.

I hate ESO but I gotta give it to them, Ald'Ruhn being an ashlander camp prior to Redoran coming is a neat idea. Redoran-Ashlander connection is an interesting one in generral.

>Actually, this all sucks

The greyer tones and stone floors make the anscestral tombs feel a bit more tomb like and a lot less cozy. (Really they felt super comfy in Morrowind, this is a change I don't like personally bur recognize is probably better thematically.)

The crab shell also sorta fits the the "Big over-tent covering up smaller Yurts." feeling

Clearly Matt was put in charge of the ESO Daedric ruins.

The fucker.

Sweet fucking christ the Velothi towers look like *SHIT* Even though they DO look more tower-like overall, they still look pretty shitty.

Why would skar be buried and of needing excavation

>The crab shell also sorta fits the the "Big over-tent covering up smaller Yurts." feeling
Yes, exactly. I've noticed it before, Redoran architecture and city planning had noticeable similarities to Ashlander ones. Huts and yurts are both round dwellings with the heath in center, and they are similarly placed.
Some Redoran designs are straight up copied from Ashlander ones.

What the fuck have these corprus maggots done to my Arvs-Drelen?

I asked this in a thread awhile back but I didn't get to see the answer.

Can anyone rip 3D models from Skyrim and then we can 3D print models for Scrollhammer? I would literally buy a 3D printer for this and mail people in the thread if they paid the postage/thread cost.

Uh... Yeah about those Redoran Barracks with the Horseshoe-crab tail...

I don't know shit about 3dprinting, but given all the empty space I think you would have to print it in multiple parts. So while I think it would be possible, I'd imagine it would take more planning than one would think.
But again, I don't know anything about this.

This ruin looks okay from a distance, though not like the source ruin at all. (It lacks the center tower with the big cluster of twisted bits at the top.)

Nah, you can rip a model and make it a tiny single-shot or two-part model unless you've got a LOT of detail. The pic I posted is too detailed and crazy for a minis game.

The original

I like how the failed incarnate is sorta tucked away, but I am not a fan of the new Azura statue, it's too nice and pretty with that dumb flower crown.

The image was obviously drawn by Kirkbride. The note is also Kirkbride, him telling Matt (lead artist) that he hates what he dislikes his own drawing and wants Matt to do one instead.

Is this shit for fucking real? They let you go into the cave of the incarnate?

user let's be real; that's not a failed incarnate.
That's just a mummy from like in Urshilaku Burial Caverns. Probably was there before the statue was.

Nothing is sacred for these people.

OOOOOh.

I hope there's a gag that lets you put on the ring and instantly die.

I count 2 mummies in that image.

This makes the hidden heretic monastery look substantially less well hidden.

They replaced the Fields Shrine with a fucking boring-ass lectern!

The statue of Vivec penetrating the Bug King is really pathetic.

Also the whole city is scaled even worse than the original, the floors are only at most two stories high at most.