There are people that actually want female SM

>There are people that actually want female SM.
What the shit.
Good thing it's "mini-driven"

> user finds out there are people who disagree with him on the Internet
> user barely survives this traumatic experience

>Implying not wanting SJWs to murder the lore is simple disagreement
>implying SJWs know anything about 40k and just saw space marines and no women in them

what are the Sisters of Battle

>implying these are SJWs and not NEET who want more wank fuel

Exactly. It's not exactly hard to respect a few MAJOR guidelines in the lore. What's the next thing? Emperor venerating Necrons? Chaotic Nids? Tau Custodes?

There are Female Space Marine equivalent already, it's the SoB. They're cool as shit, they just need new models. Putting female heads on Space Marine because of very few neckbeards fetish doesn't cut it and is plain lore rape.

I don't really see how it's more lore raping than saying the Emperor got his psychic powers from the Chaos Gods.

Good God, look upon that doughy, scraggly-goatee'd face.

It's like he's straight out of central casting for a spineless, neutered beta-pet kept in a kennel in Anita Sakreesian's basement.

For what it counts, I hate that lore piece, HOWEVER it can make sense, and it was written because there was an idea behind it (even if it's a completely wrong one), the idea that Empy and by extension the HH could be made different and still be good.
Here, it's not even SJW, it's pathetic neckbeard that just want wank material. Give neglected factions more love, no point in doing something like that. Really, there is no point.

His twitter is that of 30% of what I imagine tg to be like

>OH MY GLOB! More Adventure Time!

>I *LOVE* board games and craft beer

>I just enjoy consuming products forever.

>There are Female Space Marine equivalent already, it's the SoB.

That's like saying we don't need Dark Eldar because there's already regular Eldar. The presence of one faction doesn't preclude the creation of another down the road. But one thing I think needs to be separated is the cheesecake Lady Astartes from any serious take on female super soldiers.

They don't have to be Astartes. They don't even have to be Imperials. They can be any kind of human offshoot colony & not derail the lore. There've already been representations of female super soldiers which didn't "ruin" that property. Look at Kelly-087 in HALO.

What I DON'T want is them to make a new faction & have it completely eclipse the SoB. SoB completely rock as part of the militant wing of the Ecclesiastiarchy.

>female super soldiers
>serious

I'm not arguing against female super soldiers per se. And Halo is hardly comparable to 40k in that situation. A female supersoldier equivalent was established very early in the lore, whereas here, can you imagine if they suddenly said FSM existed, out of nowhere, after 35 years? That wouldn't make any sense. Again, there is some lore you can't brush off. To take your example, it'd be like having benevolent DE.

If people want more females, they can have SoB (god knows that faction deserves more attention), DE, Eldars, hell, even I'd like some good female IG sculpts, even if it's just some additional heads wheb new kits finally arrive.

>Here, it's not even SJW, it's pathetic neckbeard that just want wank material. Give neglected factions more love, no point in doing something like that. Really, there is no point.

This is a false bifurcation. GW is a multinational corporation with more money than a LOT of corps. They can do both, but maybe not with people like Ward or Crudd at the writing desk. Then it really will be shit.

People are capable of having shitty ideas. Its an unfortunate fact of the modern era that they get to communicate these directly to members of the company itself.

Check other posts from him.
No context as to what the 'sexist thing' was.
But whatever. We should listen to woman because woman is "smart".

>A female supersoldier equivalent was established very early in the lore, whereas here, can you imagine if they suddenly said FSM existed, out of nowhere, after 35 years?

It's been around as an idea since Rogue Trader. Part of that idea obviously became SoB. But, Guys have been making female conversions since GW encouraged us to make grav tanks out of deodorant containers.

Ultimately, the creation of female space marines has even less effect on the lore than having the Big E be a secret Chaos Sorcerer. By several orders of magnitude even. What does them being all male really contribute to them? What about them is defined by their being male? Sister of Battle are defined by being women, for the most part, but marines are just defined by being marines.

I would rather they expanded on the Sisters, but ultimately I don't really see anything objectionable about marines having female members.

That's a Sister of Battle, though. That's from when Space Marines were drug-addicted mercenary murderheads oh wait and the SoB were the people who went in and fucked them up when they did wrong.

>What about them is defined by their being male?
Being good soldiers.

And I'l saying there are better way to do this than to rape litteraly the most well known point of the franchise, i.e BIG DUDES IN BIG ARMORS. Look at how Celestine and her models were liked. They please both waifu cunts and SoB fans doing this. SoB are litteraly the waifu faction.
I think Ward would be pretty decent now, be it for fluff or crunch. His rules were pretty solid between his own codices and LOTR was a gem, and his last fluff addition, Ilyanden, was pretty good on a fluff POV.
He learned from his ordeal I reckon.

>That's from when Space Marines were drug-addicted mercenary murderheads

No. Please actually go read RT.
Space marines have actually changed very little over the editions.

This dude has 282 followers. You are the only nigga in the world, who does not actually know this guy IRL, who gives a single shit.

The irony of this is that would imply Sisters of Battle are more capable soldiers than space Marines because otherwise they couldn't fuck them up.

>That's a Sister of Battle, though.
Yeah, *now*. The pic predates sisters of battle as a concept.

GW's writing has not always been consistent. They definitely have to "too many chefs spoil the soup" problem. SoB as a concept completely ate up what people were speculating about with Sister Sin.

>What does them being all male really contribute to them?

The bonds of brotherhood.
Sons standing in their father's impossibly large shadow, but trying to live up to his example.
The ultimate inhumanity of what is expected of young men.

>let me pester and annoy people until they make what I want

>Part of that idea obviously became SoB.
Wot, that is a sister of battle. Literally.

It's just that in rogue trader, everyone used the same kind of power armour. Because GW didn't have any money and encouraged people to re-purpose the RTB-01 kits for everything.

Taking RT fluff and using it as gospel is silly though. Something that was written once, and then changed to something that was kept as is for the following 30 years can't exactly be used as a remiable argument. It's like using that old eldar-human hybrid librarian as an actual argument.

Why doesn't this faggot just use third-party scuplts instead of demanding that Games Workshop shits upon decades of lore?

The first two are extremely debatable, but the third I will give you. Except that GW is apparently trying to make the whole thing less Grimdark and making the SM even more heroic. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Space Marines recruited from volunteer adults instead of children.

>The pic predates sisters of battle as a concept.
pls

>I don't see anything objectionable about marines having female members.
No more saying battle brother.

Naaah from what we've seen they're vatgrown/cloned, which is something the Imperium can do, it does it with Pariahs.
Evn during the Great Crusade, adults were extremely hard to actually turn into SM, and were weird at best, downright deffective at worst. I don't how they could suddenly start pumping out marines that way that are on par with normal ones.

>we don't need Dark Eldar because there's already regular Eldar
Finally someone who gets it.

Why do you guys get so upset about what some faggot on the Internet thinks

Whew lad, I haven't had a laugh like that in a while.

The lore is a haphazard piece of shit that has been slapped together piecemeal by washed up and two bit Sci Fi and Fantasy writers over the last 30 years. There is nothing to "murder", the lore is already hot garbage.

I don't know man. As a single book RT is probably the best 40k thing put ever put out, and is massively more complete than almost any subsequent one (except maybe the two classic Chaos books).

It really is a whole picture whole setting book and "taking RT fluff and using it as gospel" is basically what GW does, because tons of new model lines and monsters have been spun out of throwaway lines or scenarios in RT. The worst part of RT is the occasionally dumb punny/referential humour, which is still totally in line with the 2000AD vibe of the thing and time.

That said this is correct. Space Marines are only a little less fanatic back then.

>who gives a shit

We have an entire thread going right now because of this dipshit.

The Astartes are heavily based in very masculine themes of brotherhood, nobility as well as taking many cues from the monastic and chivalric orders of the past. The exclusion of women strengthens there themes even if it rubs you the wrong way.

Space Marines are defined by litteraly being called SONS OF THE EMPEROR. Now guess who are called DAUGHTERS OF THE EMPEROR?

So yes, it is actually quite against their very own nature to be female. SoB are rad, and SM are rad, no need to change it.

>vatgrown/cloned

Isn't this even more of a no-no than making adults into Space Marines? We already have psuedo-space marines in people like Hector Rex, but clones always turn out to be supernaturally unlucky failures don't they?

>Naaah from what we've seen they're vatgrown/cloned

We've only seen them in tubes though. That doesn't suggest they're vatgrown or cloned.
The Blood Angels for example are put in vats and have a man to marine gestation process of only one year.

But why not just have them both be the same thing, if they are already functionally the same thing?

Let's put it another way.
You're entitled to thinking the Earth is flat. I'll think you're a retard, but to each their own.
But when you start asking the authorities to say that the Earth is flat, now I have an actual problem with you.

Inquisitors can be huge. This isn't news.

Oh look an Inquisitor in terminator that's nice, you'd have to know nothing about 40k to get upset by that!

>But why not just have them both be the same thing
because that'd be fucking boring?

>respect the lore
but user-kun, the lore is a joke and always has been

That's an Inquisitor in power armour.

>making a genetically enhanced supersoldier
>hey lets start from the physically weaker gender that's a good idea!

People sperg out this hard over the idea of Female space marines.

You are wrong.
There has never been female space marine not even in old lore.
Stop pretending to know shit.

Beside catering to SJW is economical suicidal. Just look at marvel trying to backpedal hard from that sinking boat.

You know why it fails so hard every time? Because the people bitching are not the ones consuming.

Because men are made to fuck and women are made to get fucked.
So get fucked.

I used to be kinda up in arms about this but honestly now I don't give a single fuck. Feel free to make female Space Marines. Gulliman's whole deal gives them an entry to the lore, and female models no longer have to look like ass. I just don't care about the male sanctity of the SMs any longer. We know women are in basically every other role in the Imperium including roles that involve active combat.

Becuase it's cool.

Where did you get that from? I can't seem to remember any piece of fluff that explicitly says that they can't be vat grown or cloned, but I just figured they wouldn't do i because it was too complicated or something.
And is Rex a pseudo-marine? I reckon he was just a big dude in a big armor.

Well those very caskets could be what they use to grow them, innit?
Good remark on the BA though.
Because they're not the same thing?
SM and SoB don't have nowhere ear the same powers, representation or significance.

Wot, that is a sister of battle. Literally. ...It's just that in rogue trader, everyone used the same kind of power armour. Because GW didn't have any money and encouraged people to re-purpose the RTB-01 kits for everything.

RT was back in 1987. SoB changed by the time it got to 1997. In that pic they were more like generic nannies & mutant hunters.

And they don't say whether they're enhanced or anything really much.

RT was kinda nutty. I loved it.

>Sperging
Okay

Did you just say it is the same to have a car or an airplane.

Because that is what you are said.

Just because both are transport does not mean they are the same thing.

Just because both have power armour does not mean they are the same.

Just because they both humans does not mean they are the same.

Because they are not the same thing, the each serve different functions, have different styles, themes and motifs associated with them.

By their separation the universe is made more interesting not less, as opposed to what you want which is for everything and everyone to be the same.

Holy fuck, muh dick.

>Taking RT fluff and using it as gospel is silly though.

This isn't my religion. I'm not taking anything as gospel. RT fluff was all over the place. Some of better some of it far worse.

He's got genetic and biological enhancement similar to, and oftentimes better, than what marines have. He's actually almost that big outside of the Terminator armor.

Also, yeah, clones are supposed to be something of a hazard. Corax tried it and failed, the Blood Angels tried it and failed, and I can't remember other instances off the top of my head, but they almost always end in disaster for some reason or another. Cloning anyone, especially space marines, is asking for trouble for some metaphysical reason.

>caring what sjws or women think

Aaah but that's where you're wrong. Corax failed because the AL put demon blood in the mix, and BA failed because Fabius Bile fucked some shit up as well.
Maybe the other instances didn't fail because of outside interference, but at least those two did because of that.

Cloning in 40k is cursed every time it is done.
Just like AI will revolt.
Eldar and Human AI revolt. Tau AI will revolt.

If you want an in universe reason why it can't be done, there is none.

My personal theory is that you can't clone a soul and you can't program one into a machine. You can gain one thou even if you are a clone or a machine.

Though, as an addendum, Hector Rex isn't a good example of anything. He's a tremendous Mary Sue. He's an Inquisitor Lord, genetically enhanced to better than a space marine, a powerful psyker, has met the Emperor face to face, has an exceptional mind for politics and strategy, and banished the greatest Bloodthirster ever summoned.

>It doesn't happen and this thread stops getting posted

>it happens and the autistic rage reaches mythical levels

I don't know which I want more.

I did say metaphysical reason. There's always some caveat, some unknown element that fucks it up. On the few instances where there isn't, it's just extreme bad luck. It's part of the reason no one fucks with Geneseed without the Emperor or the Ruinous powers intervention. There's more going on there than simple genetics.

>FW making Mary Sues for thei own pet projects
Colour me surprised.

I just take it as a sign that My Dudes can be as Mary Sue as I want. In a universe of Sues, no one is. Right?

Sweet Mork, that guy makes Kaldor "I AM HAM" Draigo seem reasonable by comparison.

As soon as the new marines are out and we know they're regular dudes, it'll die down. It's like the 2 autists wanking Thunder Warriors.

We should make worker ants become warrior ants, ant castes are a social construct.

Female Imperial Assassins already exist and would beat the cap out of the average space marine.

These people don't care about there being female super soldiers in the fluff, or fitting them in in a way that makes sense (chaos tech heresy/magic)

No, they see that ULTRAMARINES are the face of 40k and want women in there because reasons.

Actually, all in all, he's just reasonable Draigo. Except the not being a Space Marine bit, but that just adds to the Mary Sue-ness of Kaldor in my opinion.

I admit I know jack shit about SoB. I think they're kinda neat now, but over the years I've fukken hated their models & how they were implemented. I actually liked how they were presented in RT better.

But as far as the rest of your post ... I will most certainly wipe my ass with your opinions & continue on.

Inquisitor.
Of course, she would need to have some fucking heretical anatomy to be able to wear armor that poorly proportioned.

Being all male is just another example about how the Imperium is a shitty, backwards place to live. In a bright cheerful sci-fi setting, they'd be fine, but in such a setting you also wouldn't have 999 failed recruits for every 1 success

(((Snider)))

You want the second, because the >this thread stops getting posted part will never be true

I win either way.

Except that there is literally no reason why a scientist would go 'you know, we could create female supersoldiers'.

SoB is good because they have a fucking reason to actually exists.

>the people bitching are not the ones consuming.

Quick, everyone post your models.

>pic
Damn, now I kind of hope that's how they redesign the Sisters of Battle.

Use 100% of the population instead of 50%? Sure they're not as functional or take slightly more work, but it's still something they'd be interested in.

To be honest though, I'm of the mind that Space Marines ought to be like supermutants in Fallout. Even if they were male or female to begin with, they all look the same coming out of the upgrade process.

>Use 100% of the population instead of 50%
Something something muh lore! something something WOMZ GIT OUT something something

>To be honest though, I'm of the mind that Space Marines ought to be like supermutants in Fallout.
Nah user, that'd be too neat to bother with.

But that's not what these people want either, since then it's bad because it's sending the message that women can only be strong and cool by becoming like men.

You can't win with them

>Tau Custodes

>Use 100% of the population instead of 50%?
>Something something muh lore!

You would only need women if you were expending all your men attempting to create more Space Marines.
Since the Imperium is made of trillions of people and requires only one million space marines that's not ever going to happen.

They're not men either, they're very obviously monsters.

That kinda defeats having Space Marines be the face of the game though, so I see why they didn't do that even if it would have been way cooler from a narrative perspective.

>You would only need women if you were expending all your men attempting to create more Space Marines.
>Since the Imperium is made of trillions of people and requires only one million space marines that's not ever going to happen.

Nigga that's literally the whole point of the most recent story stuff. A million space marines is not nearly enough to deal with the emerging threats.

It's a lot more so, because it fucks with the game on a fundamental level.

The Chaos Gods thing works about as well as any other origin for the Emperor. It's not as though GW has ever confirmed any of the stuff regarding his ultimate backstory. It's grimdark, it plays him up as an arrogant prometheus who thought he could handle fire and not get burned, it focuses on the ambition and cunning of man but also our hubris, etc.

LadyMarines are terrible not because they'd require a retcon, but because they don't fit thematically. Space Marines are very obviously meant to be cloistered warrior monk orders in spaaace. They're supposed to be reminiscent of both crusading knights and chaste monks. This is why they have chapters and fortress monasteries and litanies and chaplains and shit. Women don't fit in there, because religious organizations like that are pretty much always mono-gendered, and due to our knowledge of these things Marines take influence from, they'd look out of place.

Something something broad shoulders, aggression, big muscles, male power fantasy.

I grunted to everyone begging for female marines would still complain if they looked like male marines, and that none of them actually know the fluff well enough to know there's already a way for them to exist

I'm an anarchist so I'm about as ess-jay-dubya as you can get according to the internet, and I'd hate female space marines.

It would really shit on the whole warrior monk ascetic.

That's... not really an answer.

You have a complicated process where the dropout rate is huge and mostly fatal, and Chapter's are getting wiped out and can't recover, it's literally why Rowboat is doing this.

>something something MUH LORE
The lore is inconsistent garbage and always has been. Remember when 40k was a parody? It's fine to like it, I do, but lets all not try to pretend it isn't trash, eh?

>Anarchists
>SJW
Say what? SJW want everyone to be the same copycat and most importantly, to think the same.
Anarchists are very far from that last I heard. Whoever said thay is an idiot.

>That's... not really an answer.

How not?

>You have a complicated process where the dropout rate is huge and mostly fatal

And? It's not fatal to the degree where a population of trillions cannot sustain a population of a million.

That would be like arguing that a field of rabbits couldn't sustain a stoat.

>That would be like arguing that a field of rabbits couldn't sustain a stoat.
It's what the lore is saying, so if you have complaints at this point I'd direct them at GW for making bad lore.

>The lore is inconsistent garbage and always has been.
Oh fuck, I forgot I covered that already.

Old as fuck models! yay!

Does it hurt you that selling out to SJW is bad business practice?