/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Operators Operating Operations Operationally Edition
Tell us about the cool Operator stuff you've done in a game. What sick hiests and other sneaki breaki shenanigans have you pulled off? Also, does anyone have hope for the Operator class for Starfinder?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/settlements/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PLD greentext where?

>I am trying to decide what my character's general purpose is on the expedition for trouser snake. Originally I was going to be a doctor, but there is already a doctor. Now instead I am looking at possibly going for a linguist or botanist.

Both of those are excellent! From what I remember of the AP, there's equal weight placed on understanding what plants do what, and what language something is written in. Maybe you're a recent graduate from the University of Lepidstat, and you're currently traveling to the Mwangi Expanse as a gap year as much as for research?

session ended early due to things coming up, we hope we can run the second half on Sunday

>want to be Str-based because I'm sick of everything being so samey
>but the character I'm making now would make way more sense being Dex-based
>being dex-based also infinitely less finicky to implement into backstory, and has way more utility mechanically
>meanwhile the Str-based build I have feels like total nonsense shoehorned in just because "dude stronk lmao"

HECKIN'

Group 1 is pretty much although Id remove malu.

Then there is like group 1 b comprised of all the "I have trouble back home and just really need money characters, like the geisha and catgirl maid. Not quiet as strongly tied to the campaign but still both technically and practically engaged.

Group 2 is anyone with a reason to be here but no real personal investment in how it goes or what they accomplish beyond staying alive and doing good for themselves. Like Rekannas, Param, Sorrel, and Aiden.

Group 4 is like group 2 but they actually have a motivation that could conflict with the campaign. Raimi, Caleni, and Neyja.

Group 3 is the "special cases" that are hard to really group together because they all bring something unique to the story that could either be amazing and bring the campaign places far more interesting than just a team of all group 1s, or get really annoying and unengaged like a worse case group 4. It really depends entirely on player skill. Here Id put Merlynn, Amalthea, Priscilla, and Malu. But like I said grouping them feels strange and they really deserve individual analysis for even just this perspective on "fit".

>>but the character I'm making now would make way more sense being Dex-based
Then make a different character, one that isn't nonesense shoehorn.

Actually, now I'm curious, what is this character and maye somehow we can help you on the path to HUGE!

Are there any rules in Pathfindet for determining the over all (federal) wealth of a city or nation?

Pei zin oracle gets max prof:herbalist that scales with cha so youre going to be going up against the unga munga swamp cat.

>Are there any rules in Pathfindet for determining the over all (federal) wealth of a city or nation?

Yes, actually!

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/settlements/

Can't you guys work out something so those interested can get what they crave without shitting this thread up with the attention whoring and inevitable drama?

You guys sure are gluttons for punishment.

But you promised me a greentext about Temera!

Sorry to hear that.

>being dex-based also infinitely less finicky to implement into backstory, and has way more utility mechanically

What's their backstory? Are they some slender-armed woman or something?

>pathfinder general
>not allowed to talk about a pathfinder game full of pfg players

I think the anons gloating about how they managed to scare RotJR into going silent have ensured that other games will stand firm and stay open.

My interest in /pfg/ groups is inversely proportional to how much they talk about themselves.

Question:

How do you have a coherent storyline for when the players get to DBZ levels of power? I have a fire/air kinestist who could just genocide contiennts given a month to do it. The sorcerer can teleport everywhere he wants. Do I suddenly fill the world with high HD or CR things that weren't there before?

So you want a greentext of Rhusae session 0 then?

Do the HKs of the Coil make an appeareance in Serpent's Skull, though? Given that the Coil has been engaging in rather unsavory practices (even by HK standards) and Rekannas being a member (or rather a trainee) of the Scourge whose main purpose is to deal with abuses of power (which the Coil is committing), it could make him more involved.

I hope everyone has fun at RotJR today!

>Do the HKs of the Coil make an appeareance in Serpent's Skull, though?

Nope, the only organizations that have a very prominent place in Serpent's Skull are the Pathfinder Society and Aspis Consortium.

Unironically yes. I get curious about stories of groups I've never heard of when they pop up then lose interest in the ones that end up hitting the meme times.

A green text hipster if you will.

That's why you stay away from DBZ levels of power in the first place or rise the stakes.

>GMing a lewd game
>everyone's too busy fucking each other to interact with plot important NPCs
>they ignore all the plot hooks I drop in front of them to find some secluded space to shag
>they whine cause nothing ever happens in the game, it's just moving from one set-piece to another and having lotsa sex.
Why does this always happen?

her hand isn't covering his mouth, he could easily bite her hand

....So you just don't go above level 8?

Because you're weak

There's a reason that E6 is a thing.

Because you are trying to be degenerate in a system that wasn't designed for it.

Like...Just go masturbate THEN play pathfinder. Unless you have a serious mental issue or some kind of addiction you should be fine for a few hours to have a fun game that doenst' involve futa horsecock.

Pull a Greyhawk and send them into adventures on other planes

That's...
I've been in five lewd games over the past year and none of them have been like that.
One of them has sort of but none of the players have complained

Rearrange your hooks to be discovered through lewd.

Make one for other campaigns! Do LoBaF.

Which game is this?

These LoBaF memes aren't working no matter how much you push them. The greentexts make it seem like all they do is go in and do their jobs. The party is either boring, hyper competent, or really fucking quiet.

I don't think I could do a game I'm not in justice.

Anytime I make a half-elf, it feels out of place if it isn't Cha-based, Dex based, or both. I only ever make dudes and it still feels that way. Trying to doggedly stick to Str often has me losing investment in a character, because the ideas don't flow together right.

Let me guess, this is Dragon's GM.

So you've got an issue with perspective, not actually writing a backstory. Everyone's got a shtick when they write characters, and it sounds like yours is Dex/Cha.

>mfw Dragons and Dragons 2 is just one long series of fuckfests
>mfw this is what happens when you think with your dick

That's more like my backup. My actual stick is Dex/Int, to the point that I'm pretty sure every character that has actually managed to see play for more than 3 sessions has been that.

Just make his Elf heritage something badass, like Noldor or something, then build him as some kind of Vampire Hunter D/Geralt of Rivia motherfucker

Or Hjalti/Tiber Septim as a Str/Cha fag

>like Noldor or something

Aww yiss.

Base him off of this motherfucker

>These LoBaF memes aren't working no matter how much you push them. The greentexts make it seem like all they do is go in and do their jobs. The party is either boring, hyper competent, or really fucking quiet.
Is the problem that they're not fucking? Should they start?

DHB talked about his character in this thread. Late night sleepy DHB is best DHB. All he does is drink, bake, and feel sad.

>Should they start?

But that would be lewd! Gamze hasn't even married Iolanthe yet!

I once did that in a Mythic campaign, the DM despised my character's passion for metallurgy and gemcrafting, and later had him ignobly slain by a Rakshasha.

It serves you right for pitch a full on sex campaign without a real plot instead of bringing a true story to your players.
Enjoy being a typefucking voyeur Dragon GM.

I mean I don't think it has to be fucking. I just mean that those of us not playing know nothing about the characters except what the green text or players tell us.
I thought about this the other night when LoBaF and HV were posted in the same thread, we don't know anything about any characters outside their mechanical roles except for Essa.

Isn't that one of the crafting components for the Grand Glorious Garterbelt legendary Throwing Anus?

How about some game discussion? To start, how important are convictions for a support zealot? I'm really digging the dual nature of the discordant crusader but I'm wary of giving up my mission which seems really important for helping everyone else.

Well go on user, individually analyze those special cases because I am one and its making me anxious.

Speaking as someone who is playing in LoBaF we sort of ended up not doing the week long stake out you're supposed to on the city and barreled in. Thus we have none of the normal down time. After the big battle there will be a few days of down time as we wait for gnoll patrols to return so we can pick them off, and what not. Sort of us not knowing that it was supposed to be a stake out and not a raid.

So should I play a Hobgoblin in Ironfang?

Yeah, Discordant Crusader drops a large chunk of its support capabilities to boost its damage/debuffing.

Yes, but only if they're missing a limb or eye

How fond are you of friendly fire?

Might not be a good idea. Unless the AP retconned it, Nirmathi are generally very suspicious/racists against outsiders, foreigners, and monster-races, meaning you'd be getting a chilly reception at best

Well, LoBaF has spent literally 3 weeks in an extended fight. Before that, Essa's actually had the least amount of party interaction and it was mostly all business. Because of DHB, though, she's the only one who is asked about.

I'm not blaming LoBaF or the players, it's possible they don't want to be memed or the game just hasn't given them the chance. I just wanted to point out that whoever keeps bringing up LoBaF ships and stuff, player or not is beating against a brick wall.

It's not the quietest game on /pfg/ but it's got the worst discussion to content ratio. LoBaF is brought up every other thread and it's always the same thing, at least PLD shitposting has variety.

Better to go un-memed than to be constantly shit on.

Which is worse, 3 weeks in a fight or 3 weeks on downtime?

Probably combat.

It will probably get dropped. Nirmathas is likely going to instead be portrayed as plucky rebels I'm guessing.

I'm really looking forward to Starfinder and all the campaigns it will bring.

>Macross
>Gundam
>Zone of the Enders
>Star Fox
>Xenoglossia
>Busou Shinki

Can you imagine all the fun you'll have in the emptiness of SPESSSSßSSSSS

Doesn't the players guide explicitly discourage it?

Yyyep.

>it's possible they don't want to be memed or the game just hasn't given them the chance
I am neutral on the memeing for the most part but will admit I like discussing campaigns I am in. As I said above the issue is mostly our own fault. We tried to scout the place out, and ended up having combat occur, and since the place isn't big combat continued because fighting is really loud. From there on out everything just sort of snow balled. Likely it'll calm down after the battle market fight.

I want to see the nethys equivalent of super science. A space god that interrupts your prayers to him and says he doesnt give a fuck if they have nothing to do with space super science.

Good afternoon, everyone!

How is your day going so far?

Well, now I know what races I'm building when the Alien Archive is out.

Greentext the play by post portion at least!

Temeria's application?

Isn't that the main FTL deity?

>have to assassinate rich merchant in a high security underground dorf city
>it's me (cliché halfling rogue) and one friend (monstrous half dragon thing)
>find tunnel to the area our merchant lives in
>two tough guards
>fail to bluff past them
>we decide to kill them quickly
>half dragon breathes fire, I fail my Evasion on a nat 1 (a 2 would have been enough to save)
>proceed to bluff and Solid Snake my way into the merchant's house with 2 HP and wearing nothing but my cloak of resistance
>successfully kill the merchant, set his house on fire, and slip away over the course of 2 in-game days

I am personally going to take advantage of my 40k rp gming and run some crossover games. Maybe it will be nids or maybe it will be necrons or maybe they will run into some Deathkorps that want to fuck with some innocent ayy lmaos.

Hell, maybe the pcs will be unification era humans and the spess marines will try to make their planet compliant.

Competent groups can make combat into roleplaying opportunities.

Assuming strict downtime that doesn't include intrigue encounters or work that goes towards a character hook, I think the downtime is much worse. I'll take the downtime over the combat if there's a lot to do though.

Have fun, user.

I have no idea I'm still waiting for the pdfs to launch.

I sort of want to make somebody for Trouser Snake, but I don't think Micolash Cage would fit in.

What's the best class for a kobold who wants to become a dragon?

>Micolash Cage
>A miconid version of Nicolas Cage.
>DoItSheevPalpatine.gif

Dragon Disciple, I should think.

FUUUUUCK YOOOOUU! NICHOLAS CAGE EXPY IS MIIIINE!

But user, kobutts are dragons.
Is like asking how to make an afroamerican more niggah.

What would you lead into it with?

I was thinking alchemist might be interesting since his mutagen could make him bigger/stronger/whatever, but I'm not sure it would be great for transitioning into dragon disciple.

This is exactly what he wants.

Bloodrager?

What kind of kobold are you starting with, senpai. What chargen rules you got?

Nope, the goddess (of course it's a goddess) of FTL is the goddess of Change and Progressivism, which is coincidentally the goddess the lesbian Ameiko worships.

I can do basically whatever I want as long as I start at 1st level.

Paizo also encouraged people to play winter themed characters in Reign of Winter.
This is not a good idea.

Dragon Bloodline Sorceror/Dragon Disciple

>Campaign centered around ice and snow
>You shouldn't make a character comfortable or at home in Ice and snow

Nani?

Oh, it's on now. Time to race to the finish.

Half the enemies are immune to cold damage.

Oh, that sounds fun.

A space hulk campaign would make a perfect setting for dungeon crawler in space. Go out and defend a place from rogue planetoids, then go back and try to extract some sweet concessions from the place.

>/Eclipse Phase General/ look on, judging us

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this be pretty... bad? Claw attacks with a racial -4 to strength means he won't be doing much.

If you roll a winter witch or any thematic caster related to ice you are going to experience a bad time since most of the monsters are immune to ice T dmg.

Now this is a Catch-22 isn't it? Either you play a Winter Mage and be useless, or play a Fire Mage and stand out.

I did played an ifrit pyromancer and I felt like Son Goku at the end of DBZ on cocaine fighting against the Smurfs.