Paranoia General /pg/

New system is out. If there are parts you like about it, what are they? If there are parts you don't like about it, how long have you been a communist? (Submit your answer at the nearest Termination Booth. Not submitting your answer to the nearest Termination Booth is treason.)

Also, Paranoia General.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!AoZ3XZYC!cL0uEPTLpirJ11OiWQ7S4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

new edition holy fuck how when did this happen wtf

post pdf

Sorry, I only got the physical version.

what is different?

>New system is out.

Got a PDF for us?

>Sorry, I only got the physical version.

Then why make the thread?

These matters are above your clearances, citizens. You will all report to the nearest cafeteria for immediate termination.

>Replacing Communism dystopia with Facist dystopia

So glad I did not back this disgrace.

so? scan it, what are you waiting for?

FILESHARING IS TREASON, CITIZEN.
PLEASE REPORT TO ROOM 17438293 AND STAND INSIDE THE HOT FUN BOIINDUCTION CHAMBER.

Communists are still here, Citizen. That is a rumor, most likely perpetrated by the Phreaks. Do not spread rumors; spreading rumors is treason.

Not OP, uploading now. Under 8e.
mega.nz/#F!AoZ3XZYC!cL0uEPTLpirJ11OiWQ7S4A

IT'S A FUCKING GAME ABOUT WITCHHUNTS, HATING COMMIES, AND TREASON! WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE NON-OFFENSIVE?

It generally says "If your group don't feel comfy with the themes of Paranoia, don't play Paranoia."

It's still treasonous advice in my book.

Fuck yeah! Been trying to get a group for Paranoia for some time. Did get a group for a one off once, needless to say only one person made it through the end and the entire sector we were in was annihilated (a combination of a couple of thermonuclear grenades we found, and of course equipment testing). Note passing was rampant and much fun was had!

I've been reading the "Guide To Alpha Complex", and I hate it already. It doesn't capture the feel of Paranoia. I'm halfway in and there hasn't been any mention of Commie Mutant Traitors, just "Terrorists".

>not even Terrorist Mutant Traitors

We all know that PARANOIA XP is the only mandatory edition.

Of course, citizen! Paranoia XP Edition was a brilliant piece of streamlined roleplaying courtesy of the Famous Game Designers!

This version, on the other hand, appears to be a piece of dumbed-down crap. I'm reading my way through the suggested starting adventures, and I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

There are, I'll admit, some decent mechanics. I know I'm stealing the round-table "I get +x to this, you get -x to it" character creation.

But the fluff is just cancerous, and not the shiny-yellow-stripe kind.

just got it a few days ago
havent gotten around to reading through the books yet

They fail at what the XP devs did brilliantly at, which was updating Paranoia to the new paranoia of the modern age. If they wanted to focus even more on "Terrorists", then they could sort of fluff in PURGE rising to greater prominence, and the other societies reacting to that, just like the XP devs fluffed in the Computer deciding to make the economy more "capitalist", which forced Free Enterprise to move (further) underground.

Yup, the magick is gone.

Actually the player handbook sometimes calls them full terrorist mutant traitors.

Its definitely missing that punch, but lets be honest I doubt theyd be able to get away with it in this hypersensitive world.

What the fuck are you Commies talking about? There's only ever been one edition of Paranoia.

Preparing for a one-shot using the Dread system.

Basic hook will be investigating an R&D complex where all the scientists have disappeared. After dealing with all the crazy science experiments, the players discover they were abducted by Aliens. Communist Aliens.

Im debating wether or not to change the answer. I like the idea but im not sure if it fits the universe. Any thoughts on if it should stay or go?

Bumping this because Paranoia is literally the structure in/with which I frame 40k.

Abducted by aliens*, communist aliens*.

*aliens meaning mutant traitors from outside the complex

(Who/what are you basing your friend computer/alpha complex off GMs? Pic related)

bump

>Thanks to hormone suppressants, extensive cloning facilities, real-time pixelation of genitals and genetically modifed bodies and minds, gender isn’t as big a concern to the citizens of Alpha Complex as it is to today’s society – gender discrimination is treasonous because it wastes valuable time. Women, men, cisgender, transgender, non-binary and intersex people
are all equally capable of serving the Computer, and all of them work equally well as reactor shielding should they fail in their duties, so play as whatever gender (or non-gender) you’d like.

Hey, at least the part that follows what you quoted

> Sexuality is a different concern; heterosexual sex is treasonous, as it makes
a mockery of the Computer’s extensive cloning facilities. The Computer has
no offcial stance on homosexual activity due to a lack of programming on
the matter, and treats it as a form of enthusiastic wrestling that is inadvisable
when traitors may be nearby

was probably the only piece of the handbook that made me smirk.

Me and some friends would like to play Paranoia. Which edition should we get, Veeky Forums? I know gameplay and setting differ a bit between the various versions.

Paranoia XP, it provides oodles of fun.

Fun is Mandatory.

What is with this shit in every game coming out lately?

Hasn't Friend Computer already wiped out all genetic imperfection and removed the need to rut like beasts? Why is this even a thing?

I thought the whole point there us little to no freedom regarding this subject, and among numerous other things. It kinda subtracts from the whole silly dystopian vibe wouldn't ya think?

Now I have a headache, someone pass me a Bouncy Bubble...

holy shit I thought this was vaporware

It becomes an issue due to the drugs either being on shortage or ineffective sabotage by Commie Mutant Traitors. The clones' imperfection is easily brought back without Friend Computer's No-Bang pills.

wow, so uh, if I hadn't read prior editions, this would be really...sterile?

Death Leopard seems WAY out of place now

Speaking of sterile, the 'Mandatory Bonus Roles' are like an afterthought of an afterthought

A suitable explanation, but it still begs the question why this sort of stuff has to be specifically pointed out for Paranoia. I want to run around in a humorous and dark sci fi world and kill my friends in creative ways; not have stuff like this And this
Floating over my head and inviting trouble.

Though with my group of friends it's a bit of a moot point. But still it's probably going to suck for people trying to use this version while finding a group at a game store or something.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Every version of Paranoia, to my knowledge, has that as a rule, and it is a very good rule.

It doesn't excuse them from gutting all the setting fluff from their core books, but still.

If you don't want to broach the subject of intercourse or homo vs hetero in the campaign when someone tries to bring it up, just tell them "Because R&D scienced too hard" or something.

>Want an excuse to talk in a bad Russian accent

Hooooo yiiisssss.

Find people who don't easily take offense at every god-damn fucking pussy shit thing. If you can sit at your gaming table and call someone a rat-fucking bastard and they just smile and eat a cheeto, you're in good company. If you have to censor yourself at the game-table because the little snowflake over there might get their panties in a twist, either leave, or ask not to play with them again.

Seriously, those people are poison. And to loop this all back around on itself, I find them offensive.

If you want to play with a group, don't try to cause offense. Don't be a dick. Find a group you can be yourself.

Isn't there a line somewhere about "why haven't you guys updated "communists' into "terrorists" yet?"

and the answer was that communists was ALWAYS a red-herring witch hunt?

It's because the joke was that Alpha Complex is a communist state.
And everybody's mutated from all the rads and cloning fuckups.
And there ain't nobody who's not part of a secret society.

So "commie mutant traitor" might as well just mean "lives here".