40k General /40kg/

Still waiting for plastic Valhallans edition

>Daily Dunc
youtube.com/watch?v=KRsolFOTdOs

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q21AazXT9xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2d6th for unreliable charge

2nd for "my army is no longer playable." Nerfing summoning was obviously needed to make Word Bearers in line with Death Guard...plus I imagine most this list will be illegal due to GW not making models for it/there being no more formations/Warlord traits. I'm going to miss Warlord Psyker Defiler.

Hide your everything, massed 6+ wounding rolls are coming near you.

Here's a thought: If independent characters grant nearby units special traits, then maybe we could have a Tank Commander who grants crazy infantry bonuses.

Obadiah Scheffer and his Vanquishers of loudness anyone?

It's almost like basing an army on getting free points is something they want to avoid.

And what exactly is wrong with that? It's almost like having some way to replenish losses over the scope of the game serves as a way to protect against alpha or beta strikes (like mass Lictorshame or mass Warp Spiders)...

This was a themed build, designed around a funny gimmick (a Word Bearer Defiler being able to summon stuff), with a few supporting pieces to round it off. I seriously doubt there's anything OP about that.

So, can anyone explain how the new hitting/wounding system mixes with weapon type?

So, let's take the Battle Canon, since this is the weapon that made me realize I didn't understand. Assuming it's shot by a guardmen, it'll probably be 4+ to hit. Now the Battle Canon is a Heavy D6 weapon type.

Does this mean I roll a D6 to get the number of dice I get to "shoot with"? Or does this mean that if I hit once, I hit D6 models in the squad? And then each model hit would suffer D6 wounds, if they failed their save?

Oppositely, if I'm shooting say, a Dreadnaught, can my Battle Canon hit the dreadnaught 3 or 4 times, each "hit" doing D6 wounds?

TL;DR someone please explain how shooing works now.

Just finished the last game of 7th I'll have with my group, it's funny how (as a mech guard player) my lists have been called overpowered and units like Pask have been the centre of people's nightmares over the last year. Us guard players have been playing bloody tooth and nail this addition, and have been doing ok despite all the online bitching. Can't wait for 8th too!

Anyone know the right magnet size for magnetizing infantry bases?
As well good parts to convert Cadians to look more like Valhallans?

I am not waiting for my wall of AV 14 Leman Russ Tanks to change into T8 vehicles that can be destroyed by bolter fire.

Take cadians shave off the shoulders greenstuff a scarf and use pig iron heads.
I have actual valhallans but i use these guys as conscripts

meh, I'm a chimera chassis player who plays pask as the only lemans in their list. To me I can't wait.

It's simple:
Roll a D6. This is the number of attacks the battle cannon makes.
Roll that number of dice. Collect the ones that made a 4+, just like a shooting attack.
Roll strength 8 vs enemy toughness
Enemy rolls saves
For every unsaved attack, roll D3 for the number of wounds the unit takes. The D3 does not spill over to other units.

That's a huge nerf.

I thought you saved versus number of wounds, not save against hits and then receive multiple wounds?

It's a big buff against single targets.

Man I know that feeling. I preferred being able to identify the threats to my tank and angling the armor accordingly. Now it's "Yep, that's definitely a threat. Can't really do anything about it because I'll fire at BS2 if I move and the attack will effect me just as much from the front as the rear."

or in other words...

"Oh, look, a meltagun behind me. Ah well, I can take it: I got 7 wounds!"

Yes.

No. If you hit a terminator, and you roll a 2+ to wound him and succeed, then he rolls is 2+ armor save (now negated to 4+ armor save courtesy of the new AP rules) and only if he fails do you roll the D3. If you roll a 2 or better you kill that model and move on to the next model and roll another D3. If your were to roll a 1 on that next terminator then the terminator would have one would left, even if you rolled 3 damage on the previous terminator.

And doing things like having a squad of guardsmen hugging the back of the tank to provide the AV10 area with a cover save from deep strikers as well as protecting the squad from small arms fire coming in from the front was both fun and fluffy.

Now we might as well just not give any infantry support to the tanks as they are basically mini MCs.

No.

>I will never be able to do this on the tabletop effectively ever again :(

youtube.com/watch?v=q21AazXT9xo

>don't give infantry support to your tanks
>50 hormagaunts blitz through the board and eats your lemons

Tanks get to attack back and your precious Hormagaunts wound on 2s.

Assume WS=3+
50*2/3=33.3
33.3*1/6=5.5
Save 3+ so
5.5*1/3=2 wounds max.
10 to go, my fellow horde player!

Yea I'm not scared of your silly bugs anymore.

Max? Sorry. I meant average.

>Gaunts only have 1 attack on the charge

Morale was fucking raped. So basically if I'm marines and lose 3 models I can get anally fucked.

If you have 10 marines and lose 3 models, you lose 2 more if you roll a 6, barring any changes from what Atsnkf does

Even if we assume they have 2 attacks on the charge (which they should), that's still not enough to even cause critical damage.

Well that's dumb. All-or-nothing is silly.

I actually like the new morale rules because they account for individual soldiers running or trying to pull wounded guys to safety etc, but it's Orks and IG who will suffer the most from these rule changes.
Maybe Eldar and Tau too.

I don't want 6 orks to die if 4 orks die, it's bullshit.

Mob Rule will negate it somehow

A) That already happened with Mob rule
B) if it didn't happen then you were probably having the entire blob of boyz start retreating anyway for several turn a until they regroup

Better to just take 4 off the back of the squad and move on

Yet another example of a 7th list that simply won't work in 8th due to the way the rules were rewritten. This army has no HQs or characters, hence a Russ Warlord. This build relies on armor saturation and near-universal infiltrate/outflank, and mass Tank Hunters. Illegal of course.

I'd only buy it if I decided to go full ham on a SoS army, which won't even be a thing until FW finishes their lineup anyway. It's just funny that their other metallic is the same price, which is also the one I'd be more likely to buy because my SoB have silver armor.

>summoning armies actually mad right now about not being able to double their army's points in one turn and destroy anybody else

I don't get this but it makes me laugh everytime because it's like the Knights are a bunch of easily spooked cattle.

Maby

>formation abusing cheeselord loses his army
Oh no!

Orks are better off with battleshock than the system in 7th.

In 7th
>lose a few Orks in shooting phase, either your dudes kill themselves or run away
>lose combat and lose the initiative test, entire unit dies

>mfw daemons might actually be fun to play again now that retarded psychic shit and summoning is being reigned in

I was so very close to simply selling off my Tzeentch because it just wasn't a fun time.

SoB?

Stop crying baby.

Even been hit with a sack filled with 2000pts of metal toy soldiers?

IZ YA SAYIN YOU DON WANNA CARRY SUM POOR GROT TO DA PAIN BOY AFTA SUM SPASS MAHRINE BLOWED HIS LEG OFF!!??!!

IT TAKEZ 4 OF YA TO DO IT!

>No Subterranean Uprising
>No Double First Curse
>No Flyrants + Mucoloid Tax
>No mass Magi to spam Summoning.

Because wanting to do a War Rig/Battletanx army is clearly formation abuse. Plus, it's a vehicle list for 7th edition. Try harder.

I want to sing a song to you, Veeky Forums. It's GW and their change in their buisiness practices.

Games Workshop!
Gaaaaaames Worshop!
Gotta light, here it goes!
Selling 40k until it's dope!

[chorus]
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
empty pockets and xenos tears!
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW

[verse]
No discounts for ten percent!
Models pricier than the rent!
For Rouge traders to 5th editions!
Money gamble comes to fruition!

[chorus]
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
empty pockets imperial tears!
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW

[verse]
Oh but here it came the 6th edition!
Reign of Chao's timely perdition!
Now we shoot and Tau and shoot!
Drown in jetbike and riptide doom!

[bridge]
Tears keep flowing forever more...
I'm running back into Forge World...
[guitar solo]

[chorus]
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
empty pockets and chaos tears!
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW
they gonna squat my orks my nids!
OH LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW

>continue?

Though I'm pretty glad summon spam is getting nerfed, it kinds seems like really they just went 0-100 or in this case 100-0 with it. Like yeah Horror summon spam was retarded, and cult summon could get a little out of hand in smaller point games, but it seems to me they could have just nerfed Horror/tzeentch, not the entirety of the mechanic. Still willing to see how my first few games play out when 8th drops though

N-NANI!??!?!?

Kek.

What happens if I rape a Sister of Battle?

You know jack&shit about 8e genecults. Try harder.

Tzeentch in AOS is super fun to play so that'd have been a stupid idea regardless

She immolates herself alongside your dick.

That sounds hot.

So today was the first time I experienced an insane player.

Was playing Blood Angels versus Chaos Marines. Everything was alright except the guy I was playing against was major rule lawyering and every time I made a measurement with my tape, he would annoyingly use his own tape to measure what I just checked. Also he would debate that one of his marines was not under my flamer template, when clearly the base of it was, (for some reason he glued all his models so that they stood on the very edge of the bases and informed me that when it came to weapons I had to be able to -see- his model in entirely yet because they bases were 2 inches apart it was legal.

So besides the fact that this dude was a major tool, what REALLY drove me nuts was he made all his rolls without me seeing. What I mean is this guy would roll all his dice in a building used as terrain on the board, and conveniently I was not able to see whatever her rolled.

I bit my tongue at first but the amount of "lucky" rolls he was getting was insane.

He has to make 8 cover saves? He makes them all.
He is wounding me on 5s? Somehow I have to make 4 saves.

But what finally did it for me was when my squad of Death Company went to charge his chosen. Again he rolled in the building and somehow rolled 6 6s. And then killed 4 of my marines with Plasma.

This was just suppose to be a "friendly" match. So I was removing my killed models and asked him if from now on he could please roll his dice in the open so that we can both see the results. The fucker has the balls to look at me offended and say "Why?"

"Because it's just being courteous and it just seems like the dice gods have been really favoring you today."

He starts claiming I am accusing him of cheating and is telling me I am just being a sore loser. He also says he doesn't have to reveal his rolls. He was making such a scene that the guy who organizes the games came over and asked what was going on. Continue in next post.

I'd be lying if I said my army wasn't primarily princes and horrors because that's how I played in 5th. That doesn't do so well in AoS from what I've gathered. I have some failcast flamers, four metal 2nd Ed beaky flamers, a shitty metal LoC, a metal changeling, and like 5 metal screamers. I'd really need a tzeentch SC box for AoS if not more.

Continuing.

Immediately this guy points at me and starts telling the head that I am unjustly accusing him of cheating because he is beating my list. I explain that all I did was ask him to make his rolls in the open. The head just tells the guy to make the rolls out in the open. He quits saying all this has spoiled his mood and leaves with his army.

I talked to one of the guys who played the same dude earlier that day and apparently he was pulling the same bullshit. We both brought this up to the head guy and I guess he is gonna have a talk with this dude.

Has anyone else have games like these? Or just some THAT GUY stories?

not so intense as that (or 40k) but I once wiped approx 1/3 of an skaven army off the board on turn 1 with a mega purple sun of xereus down his battle line

he instantly conceded and packed up

DPs and Horrors are both excellent units, but they do have negative synergy with each other when done in excessive amounts because they steal from the same Lore of Change. Depends how many Flamers but that's actually a rather good start.

1x LOC, 1x Changeling, 1x DPoT, 3x Horrors, 1x Flamers, 2x Screamers makes a playable, if not exactly ideal list.

The amount of bullshit a Lord of Change throws out is criminal, I really want one.

>modeling for advantage
>Hiding his rolls
>playing csm
Yeah don't play with this faggot anymore, and call him out on his shit if you see him doing this to a noobie (or anybody)

Who the fuck doesn't just concede and restart the game?

We had this one guy years ago, maybe 4th edition. Played deathwing. Otherwise a nice guy, bit crazy but so were we. But when we played 40k he insisted on using the same single dice for his saves for each of the terminators. Not only did this slow down the game considerably I swear he saved abnormally high amount of 5+ invulnerables with that dice.

they have 3 you fuckwit

Still waiting for plastic female guard.

he was very displeased

>I play Chaos Space Marines

Obviously, but you've set up and rolled all your random bullshit that bogs down warhammer games then just walk away 6minutes in to the first turn. What a bitch

I thought the rule of 1 totally neutered horrors?

As for the flamers, I have a total of 7, though I used the beaks as Exalteds. They're smaller, though, so I kinda stopped.

What is "ideal" then?

lots of bullying going on here
I will not stand for it

Tzaangors in 8th
Please let them still be thieving magpies

(Lets call That Guy John)
I am pretty new to this shop I play, but after speaking to a few people, no one really likes this guy but as far as everyone knows, this shop is his only hang out spot plus he blows all his pay checks at this place so the owner wants to keep him around.

I was talking to one of the major painters, one of the few guys who really goes all out painting his minis (and it really does show.) He told me whatever you do, don't touch John's models. Sure it's annoying to have people touch your shit without asking, but John will act like you committed a cardinal sin. Which is weird cause his army is never painted except for whatever he gets commissioned by dudes who charge enough to break the bank. But John will touch everyone's models without asking. Painter Bro told me on more than one occasion John has gone to his table, lifted one of his models off the board, looked at it and put it back (at the wrong spot) saying "looks good."

Ideal would be to use Arcanites, specifically Tzaangors, to bulk up the force and to stay far, far away from Screamers as they're dogshit.

7 flamers is better than I thought, that's two units. That's a ton of firepower. I love burning chariots but Flamers are honestly probably better considering you should be avoiding melee with them anyway, I just like how Chariots give you more movement freedom as well as capability in melee.

Rule of 1 did totally neuter horrors, but getting access to the Disciples of Tzeentch psychic lore to actually give them powers besides their one-of bolt and shield gave them a new lease on life, now they're excellent battleline units.

CSM are fine (if only because I love the painting schemes you can do with Nurgle and Tzeentch themed armies.

But they suffer the same problems as some other armies...

Tau's attract Weebs
Eldar Attract WAAC players
CSM attract neck beards.

been collecting since I was about 12 or 13
I liked khorne because he was red

That is adorable retarded.

Anyway the his point is some armies attract more kind of people. Not that everyone that play those armies are like that

>Tfw collect FW Chaos Dwarfs and plan on starting a Death Guard army as my 40k starter

A-Am I a neckbeard?

I know what you mean don't worry

Heresy Era Legions attract patricians that bathe regularly.

>I play Astra Militarum

FFS, I meant that these factions tend to attract those kind of people, not that all those players are what I listed. Like what said.

But seeing as you two haven't been able to see that maybe you are neckbeards :^)

What an actual faggot
Never play him again

Also, nice repeating digits

>I play Blood Angels

What's the best space marine anti tank that isn't a melta gun?

Multi-melta or Lascannon

>I play orks

Why do kids do these? Why do they waste so much money on stolen Valor just to get called out? Why disrespect the soldiers who work hard for their shiny metals?

you dumb motherfuckers, welcome to dat ork life

Because most of the time they won't get caught. It's disgusting but people do this shit all the time to the point where stores that have veteran's perks need to ask people to show their military IDs now.

We lose the extra attack on the charge in 8E. Sorry bro.

If you don't understand why free things in any game are bad, you don't understand enough about game design to be commenting at all.

Aren't autists supposed to have a strong sense of justice? Might just be an asshole though

>a strong sense of justice
They have a strong sense that their side is just, whether or not it is, so sort of?

Where the fuck did you get that? They generally just have to have things their way, and if someone doesn't fit what they think is how things should work they spazz out, because they can't comprehend someone else's values. They might yell about rules, but it doesn't mean they're consistent or make any sense in normal human interaction.

They'll honestly probably have one of the unique special rules that still grants it to them.

Woah, you have the Genestealer Cult codex? Shit, hook me up!

What's that? You're pulling stuff out of your ass?
What's that? We've already seen 3 FoC that let your HQ take a dedicated transport?

Ah yea, arcanites and shit. I did look through the new book because I have the tzeentch models. Maybe I'll get some mortals at some point, but I'll probably stick with daemons.

Is the Tzeentch lore good? I only skimmed it, so I'll have to take another look. Also, would my Prince be able to use the mortal lore?