Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What build do you really want to play but have a hard time coming up with an actual character for a game for?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vvcrDMSU
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljt9?Meet-the-Iconics-Iseph
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell me about the time you were someone's tutor! Did your character have a tutor, and did they mean a lot to them?

For the anons who suggested I write something about a not!French dignitary in a not!Japanese country, I have pastebin notes for you

pastebin.com/vvcrDMSU

I'm gonna crash, probably gonna write that actual story tomorrow, it might turn out well

Hmm.

You're a meme.

A stupidly enormous meme

I'm really feelin' it.

I want to play a /pfg/ game as a young magic-scarred guardsman. Any games for me?

LG/CE Darklantern Vigilante.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path

Not unless he has a huge donger from it.

Is the Immolator Inquisitor archetype any good?

Akane Ketsueki is an awful character and doesn't fit Serpent's Skull in either tone or theme.

Only if I can donger people into justice.

*meow* *rolls around* *gaia tier RP posts*

Ooooo you're one of the invisible anons! Hi! Tell me about yourself!

BitF bamboozle mk. 2?

Explain actually, I'm genuinely curious and would love to hear why you think so. I'm always looking to improve.

Well it's not a regular /pfg/ name so we don't have any insurance, but this one looks like a real account at least.

Rate all the characters, right here, right now.

Hehe, anons are so cowardly! Just posting baseless things and going back to their hidey holes.

What the fuck does this have to do with Pathfinder?

Since when does /pfg/ talk about Pathfinder and not whine about certain people doing certain things?

I warned you guys about women.

Frankly? She feels like a lame excuse to get some fat anime tits into a game about Heart of Darkness, what sort of invented organization is the Scales of Mourning and how are they semi-mortal badasses that Akane could join if she... What, finds a ruin? What I'm saying here is the backstory don't make sense, it hardly fits the lore and her personality comes across as that of a pouty child, which works for some characters but I don't think it will be fun for something like this.

At least his legs are okay

I just want to know what transformations Gloriana and Sigmund would have gotten.

I mean, it's fairly obvious Vult is custom-designing these encounters for the players, what would he give them?

>Fat anime tits
They aren't even that big compared to other characters.
>Invented Organization
It's a Martial Tradition my dude.

What the fuck does this have to do with Pathfinder, as well?

Delete this faggot, updated version.

>Aerial bones

Don't bird bones have a honeycomb-esque structure so that despite their lower weight, they're actually not too much weaker?

>literally a set of pathfinder house rules
This is the most Pathfinder thing that has come from PLD yet

They're still big, and using Martial Tradition organizations is LAME. It's like throwing a Keyblade into the game because hey, a 3pp has it!

I'm looking to play a Halfling Cleric of Thuskchoon.

I'm looking to get stoned out of my fucking mind off of drugs, alcohol, hookah, and straightup poison in order to get bonuses from consuming as much toxins as possible, just like might Thuskchoon.

How would I go about doing this?

Clearly all female characters have to be flat, only from the most extreme of fantasy artists with ridiculously practical armor in a game that's advertised as not being serious. Martial Traditions were also okayed by the GM so...what?

Fairly certain that structure doesn't scale well. Or if it's supposed to, then Zyke's just shit at engineering.

Gloriana and Lysander got fucked by the same woman, so Gloriana probably would've gotten the same things, except probably not the knot.

She wasn't a corrupt beast when she fucked Gloriana.

I thought only corrupt creatures gave transformations in the first place? If she wasn't corrupt, then she wouldn't give transformations at all.

Her transformation occurred after Gloriana and before Lysander!

We talked it out with Vult a while.
When you're corrupted, you're given all the slots without knowing what they do, and you have to choose five.
It's a gamble.
However, slots overwrite, so if you get a disadvantage then you can pick it again next time to 're-roll' it.

Also, there will be ways to transfer mutations between party members so in a weird way it's sort of like dividing up random loot to whoever gets the best use of it.
whether transfers have to always be lewd is yet to be revealed

Dina turned out to be the tome user, she's Arc Boss

>supposed female
>huge degenerate
>casual rp like a furry

Women were a mistake.

Alright pfg, separate off the XXX entries and the rape connotation

Would you touch this system with a 10 foot pole to replace Magical Item of +X Math Fixing?

I like the idea of gambling for the slots, I'm glad I didn't apply since I don't want to play in a misery simulator. But PLD seems to be delivering the promised idea to the players, Vult even if he is a whiner seems dedicated to his fetish game

Some of these bonuses are far more powerful than others. +2 Strength for carrying capacity is trivial, especially when it denies feet slot items. Anything that grants an ability score bonus, meanwhile, is golden.

It seems like a much more sensible way to handle a corruption mechanic is for the player to plan out in advance what the mechanical bonuses and penalties of their mutations will be, write down a wish list and a no-go list of corruption flavors (e.g. "I would like my character to have mostly furry mammalian augmentations, and nothing insectile"), and leave the precise flavor of the mutations to the GM. The GM would also be free to determine the order in which the corruptions are acquired.

I think part of the intention is that you don't get exactly what you want mechanically and you have to reroll and trade until you do.

Once again, seems like something that favors casters.

Martials can get fucked over my mutations that ruin ability to use certain gear, while most casters can just keep on casting. Typical /pfg/ horseshit.

I'm kind of glad I didn't get in, in hindsight. I'm not a sub at all so I wouldn't have enjoyed the game.

>applied to monster rape game
>not a sub at all
Exhack?

Pathfinder's math is fucked but if you know what you're doing it does work with the rest of the fucked systems. This is worse than the default no matter how you slice it, but a DM is going to make adjustments no matter what you're using.

It's okay in the sense that it's not complete trash and it probably works for the game. I would never want to play with it though, and I don't think there's a way to make the concept "good".

I mean you can just include mutations that fuck with castery stuff like inability to speak properly or make decent hand gestures.

user, some transformations being better than others is precisely the point.

Funny you saw it that way.
My first thought on seeing this chart was
>Transfer Gore and Bite to Gloriana
>Level 4 character full attacks with a smiting sword/fang/gore triple combo

Meanwhile Cashmere might not be disadvantaged heavily but she has nothing that helps her with her main job.

>I'm not a sub at all so I wouldn't have enjoyed the game.

I'm in the game right now and sometimes I wish I could pin her down and bite until I taste her hot blood gushing out while I tenderly, lovingly massage her nethers.

I went in the exact same direction. If I were a player I know for a fact that I'd be fishing to break the system.

When you say "worse" do you mean the original is more functional? or more powerful?

Hmm, I wanted horns and some nice sharp teeth for her anyway.
It's perfect!

That's probably why you're not a player.

Leaving each character's wealth-by-level progression to random rolls of the dice is a horrendous idea, in the same way that having a character's feats be determined randomly is bad.

Even loot tables allow the party to freely mix and match equipment, sell off what they do not need, purchase gear, and so on.

Functional. CRs and entries are balanced around certain assumptions about gear, I don't know the in-depths of this homebrew but from what's visible of it, it seems likely that things would fall apart going forward either for bonuses not being enough in the right directions or for things like extra WPL or pushed mutations bending the game over backwards.

I don't really blame the homebrew so much as I blame Pathfinder, gear and equivalents are the wonkiest thing to work out in the system.

2hu bringing in the truth to a shithead-GM, amen brother.

>Even loot tables allow the party to freely mix and match equipment, sell off what they do not need, purchase gear, and so on.

But... that's also what this system does.
The fact the party can transfer mutations between themselves is what makes it functional.

You say "random rolls of the dice", but don't forget. They're not random. The DM is writing these as they happen. The majority of them are going to be good for the player. They're only level 3 right now, of course they're not going to get powerful class upgrades yet.

How do I get spider legs?

If your character was shaped mainly by one parent, what was the other one like?

Were they a house-husband where your mother was the bread-winner? A sorceress where your father was a warrior? If they weren't around, why?

And if they weren't around, how would your character have changed if they'd been a presence in their life?

From what I understand, the trades are highly limited.

To expound on this, if the mutations are supposed to replace wealth-by-level, then it might be interesting for them to *actually* be reflavored loot tables.

Characters would be able to freely mix and max mutations with one another, "sell" mutations they do not need, "purchase" new mutations, and so on.

A belt of incredible dexterity +2 could be a nekomimi mutation, associated with the belt chakra. Characters could freely pass it around themselves as needed. They could sell it off for 2,000 "corruption points" if necessary, or they could purchase a new one for 4,000 "corruption points."

He doesn't know who his parents were...nor does he really care.

How the hell do you "pass" around a physical mutation?

He'd probably be a lot more stoic if he had a strong male father figure in his life.

This does bring up a different issue though, if the system is too close to standard wealth then there wasn't much point to it in the first place.

I really don't think the concepts here can be worked out well. If it's functional for the game then whatever, all power to them, but it seems to me that some evolving template beside an adjusted WPL would've worked better.

Speaking as a player, I joined the game because it sounded kind of fun to have random mutations, and I assumed the DM to make them work without kneecapping the character. After playing for a while, I'm pretty comfortable with the fact that Vult will adjust anything that makes our characters not function or is otherwise just not fun. The thing to remember is that this is not a finalized system, it's an in-progress homebrew by a DM who's more used to 5e, where everything already requires constant GM attention anyway.

The same way you got it. It's an artifact of corruption. You can rid yourself of corruption by passing it on to someone else in an act of passion.

Father was dead. Or at least, that's what Mother always said.

In whatever way the GM deems appropriate for the campaign.

It would certainly be viable to have mutations be something similar to mythic tiers, yes. That would take a fair deal of homebrewing work.

If he'd had his *real* father around?
He might actually have turned out a worse person, because he'd have had a lot more of a rosy perspective on the way things are. Practically Jon Snow-esque in his beliefs.

Knowing that his father was scum who left mom in the lurch when he saw their child hasn't helped, of course, but it left him more open to question authority.

>it's an in-progress homebrew by a DM who's more used to 5e
>who's more used to 5e
Well that explains a lot.

If I am an Unchained Monk with two claw attacks, how does my Flurry of Blows look?

I REALLY want to play a Living Legend, but I've no clue where I could make one or what I would do with it.

How will questioning authority feel when he's the authority to question?

I want to play a Wizard who's personable but in over his head and a hopeless geek for historical details. But I can't get away from my need to optimize enough to not immediately disqualify myself from any game that's recruiting.

Normal flurry for a monk of your level, plus two claw attacks.
You can't make claw attacks as part of the flurry attacks, only unarmed strikes and monk weapon attacks.

Like he needs someone to rein him in. At the very least, a professional fool to keep his ego from getting too big.

Claws count as unarmed strikes.

“Armed” Unarmed Attacks: Sometimes a character’s or creature’s unarmed attack counts as an armed attack. A monk, a character with the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, a spellcaster delivering a touch attack spell, and a creature with natural physical weapons all count as being armed (see natural attacks).

>At 1st level, a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action.

>When using this ability, the monk can make these attacks with any combination of his unarmed strikes and weapons that have the monk special weapon quality.

A flurry is its own attack action, you cannot gain stack flurry and naturals. Paizo devs have ruled on it too if you're a PFS guy.

It works with Feral Combat Training if you want to flurry with one particularly strong natural though

Natural weapons do not count as unarmed strikes

The text you cited does not support your position. It states that natural weapons are weapons, not that natural weapons are unarmed strikes.

No, natural weapons are not unarmed strikes, thats why feral training for flurrying with them is a thing

Then find someone to hold the reins.

If your DM is letting you stack naturals and flurry attacks you should run very far away from that game

Like an ordinary flurry of blows with no additional attacks from your claws.

>He takes no penalty for using multiple weapons when making a flurry of blows, but he does not gain any additional attacks beyond what’s already granted by the flurry for doing so.
>but he does not gain any additional attacks beyond what’s already granted by the flurry for doing so

If you have Feral Combat Training you can use the claws as part of the flurry. You can even use the same claw repeatedly in that flurry for all attacks in the flurry. But you do not get secondary natural attacks as part of a flurry blows. Not in house, not with a mouse, not in a box, not with a fox. No.

You asking for a ride? Better make sure you don't get bucked off.

> Beep-boop, bitches.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljt9?Meet-the-Iconics-Iseph

Oh look, they've rolled out another opinionated alt chick.

>agender shoved in there for no reason
Stopped reading there. Fuck off Paizo, nobody wants this forced shit.

question why do any of us care about Paizo's iconics

You're a robot, you can't get the dick or start dicking with any meaning, anyway.

Because they're a measuring stick for where the company's at, in terms of art direction and creative merit.

Do lesser metamagic rods count the original level of the spell or the adjusted level when combined with metamagic feats?

ok so
>Originals are shit
>starfinder ones are also shit

Huge surprise.

adjusted

There are many *moods* of shit, user.
Consider this timeline:
>Valeros is a good-aligned human fighter who's kind of a dick but he's got a heart of gold
>Alain is a FUCKING WHITE MALE and he's always thinking with his cock because male sexuality is evil
>Iseph is a genderfluid pansexual alt femboy