Your age

>Your age
>Your job
>How much money would you need to feel comfortable retiring TODAY?

I'll go first:

Medical student
$4M

Other urls found in this thread:

futurism.com/stanford-scientist-well-have-a-century-of-medical-advances-in-the-next-decade/
fortune.com/2012/12/04/technology-will-replace-80-of-what-doctors-do/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Production Manager
£5m

Compliance Officer at top3 crypto exchange
2M

software engineer
$2-3 mil

>22
>Senior in college, biochem major, future lab cuck
>5 million, would pull 2 million to place in mutual funds, 2 million in crypto, 1 million in bonds or high interest savings for everyday shit

> 20
> college dropout
> $1.99m after taxes
> 5.5 inch erect cock, 4.5 inch girth

Do we need this sexual pics? Fucking plebs I swear.

Day 400+ no fap. Fucked countless women and my current GF is aryan, mother of my children material. And you know what? It didn't start clicking for me until I conserved my sexual energy and stopped wasting it through masturbation.

Fucking vermin on this board, cuckchan is truly home of the weak willed. I am certain that the same trash posting these pics are also brittle handed.

Haha hey faggot. Leave medicine. I’m an attending and I make a lot >375k a year but trust me get out now, figure out how to make it on crypto and retire.

>22
>Software Engineer
>10m

Online order fulfillment at target
I’m never retiring even if I make a billion

Go back to leaddit you retarded fuck.

Linux Sysadmin/Devops
$2M

>23.
>accountant.
>500k networth I could retire comfortably.

All you fags that say you need 10 million to retire are delusional, in 100s of thousands of debt, or want to act nigger rich. I already have a 380k networth so I'll be retiring by this time next year most likely.

>20
>business economics student
>~5m eur

Was thinking about medical school, love the field, don't want to be a 100 hr/wk cuck during residency. Why do you say get out?

>2 million in crypto

Risky imo.

Of my $4M, I'd use 0.5M to pay off debt and buy a house. The rest would go into mutual funds, bonds, rental properties, and maybe a business.

>hating on other people because of your own normie standards

You're going to be living like a poorfag unless that money is all still in crypto.

Great plan

>27
>Graphic Designer
>$10 million

$2M

$1M for the house
$1M for safetynet

and i will prolly just still work but I would be pretty carefree

I've been here twice as long as you, kiddo

Financial PR writer
2m

retail manager

I need £70k

I can take £35000 to live on for a whole year

I can trade with the other £35000 and if i cant at least 3 or 4x it within a year i dont deserve to own any crypto

Saying that you need million you retire is normie, and I'm not a normie, I'm a KHV dateless.

Leave normie, I enjoy the hermit/NEET lifestyle so I don't really need much money, I could retire right now if I wanted to.

>Biochem major
Sorry about your loss, hope you're okay getting a masters or phD if you want a job

t. BS in Biochem from UC Berkeley and cant get a job in industry

NEET
why would anyone want to retire from neet life

What type of doctor are you?

I don't know, man. Crypto seems too risky. Nothing really rivals the job security of medicine. Plus, I am gunning for a lifestyle specialty. If I make it as a dermatologist, I could conceivably work only 36 hours per week while making $350K. That seems pretty awesome to me. I would have plenty of spare time to pursue meme investments with that lifestyle.

Software engineer
3M USD

Are job prospects better for people with higher degrees in that field?

physicist
could make it work with 2-3 million USD net, but would prefer at least 7+

Less then 1 mill. I live in East Eu. Would buy a decent home for myself, and several apartments ready to be rented (decent apartment is around 80K) here. Proceed to collect rent and sip coffee every morning and laugh at wagecucks rushing to work.

What's wrong with medicine?

BBBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPF

I have a double major w/ econ. Only job I could get offers for even somewhat related was sales for biotech and pharma companies. Masters is a waste in a science as well. If you wanna be a lab cuck that does more than clean the equiptment and prep cultures, you need a phD.

I'm getting a masters in data science to try to branch to bioinformatics myself

>you want to do literally nothing but pay taxes until you die
that's about all youll be able to do with 500k mate

Why are you all responding to a datamining thread?

>284
>Theoretical physicist
>1.6 bajillion dollars

Fellow medstudentanon here. What state?

Pro-Domme
5M EUR

> having a job
lol

New Hampshire, which gives away which school I go to since there is only one med school here, lol. Dartmouth.

You?

Unemployed
I basically am but 500k would be enough. (I have 5k in crypto and that's it)

because giving false data is fun. they have a blockfolio one I am going to reply to next.

student
$1 million

Nursing student
$2M

>28
>NEET
>10m €

good goy

enjoy being poor as your business fail when all you had to do is sit your ass on BTC

Get out while you still can
-resident

>implying owning a McDonald's isn't 1000x safer than parking millions in bit coin

Philosophy student
Comfortably I could do about 5 million

What specialty? How much does it suck, and why?

I'm doing everything in my power to match dermatology in the hopes that it will be less shitty than other specialties.

Id prob spend .5 to buy a house or condo, keep about 2 million in an index fund for savings, and use the other 2.5 to buy property and rent it.

>implying having to deal with a physical business isn't annoying as fuck
>implying you'll get rich from "safe" aka cuck shit
>implying you can afford a mcdonalds anyway

cad designer
probably like 800k

>27
>unemployed neet
>1m

Nigger
treefiddy $

Britbong doctor here. Don't listen to that faggot user, I get paid less than you will but it's fucking satisfying.

> Middle of the night sustained VT
> Systolic tanking
> "What do you mean we are out of amiodarone?"

If you're in it because you like it, there's nothing more satisfying. If you're in it for the cash, might as well finish the degree ans get a job in banking, they like M.Ds.

Crypto Scammer/Trader/Translator/Drop-shipping store creator
10M CHF

FinTech consultant
5mil

>19
>Mover man
> $1.5m

>24
>Big Data Developer
>500k

>92
>retired
> I need like 20 bucks to make it through the week

Crypto investor

8 mm

Not op but I figure he says to get out of medicine is because of the rapid growth the industry is projected to make in the next decade. In fact some experts are projecting that medicine will advance more in the next decade than in the past century due to an influx of tech companies and technological advances (I.e CRISPR, biotechnology, synthetic biology).futurism.com/stanford-scientist-well-have-a-century-of-medical-advances-in-the-next-decade/

It's likely within the next decade a lot of medical jobs will be automated so it's not really a secure career choice.

>Your age
>Your job
no job
>How much money would you need to feel comfortable retiring TODAY?
2M

Compliance with what exactly?

Also this link may provide some additional insight
fortune.com/2012/12/04/technology-will-replace-80-of-what-doctors-do/

>24
>computer science student
>around 100k

my plan is to have enough money to build my own house somewhere in the woods where I plant my own food and have my own animals but I need to travel the world first and write a travel/philosophy book.

I feel like medicine will be among the last industries to get automated. By the time were replacing MDs with robots, basically 95% of the country will have already lost their job.

econ student
there's no such specific amount, i would just do my own thing once i felt secure enough, financially

how the fuck are you gunna stretch half a million dollars over 40-50 years? I'm confused by all these early 20's saying they could retire on pennies tomorrow. if i wanted to live the pleb life retired i'm sure I could make due but what's the point?

with that said

>20
>student
>20 mil usd

IT
1M$ for life, 1M$ invested for a financial emergency. I live simple, I want freedom more than wealth.
I think this is a good realistic plan, r8 plox

>24
>SEC compliance
>$2M

NEET
5-7 Mil

Have you ever been out of parents basement?
100k is nothing in today world, you can't even buy decent car for this price...

Trucker
$15 mil
I want to buy fast and cool cars dammit

Typical lmao

you can buy any decent car for 100k wtf are your standards

>attending making 375K a year
Larp as fuck. Most of the intensivists at my hospital make 130-150k.

LSU New Orleans

My parents are dead and I've been living my whole life without a car or some luxury to worry about in my future.

I dont want a car my dude, I want freedom and adventures. Bothj gonna fill up my heart until I find the right women to make a family.

BRRRAAAAPPPPP

In America, $375K is average for many specialties. The absolute lowest paid doctors , pediatricians, still make $200K average. That's sort of the floor.

well i made 150k in a week soooooooooo im saving up for my castle in scotland

Sorry user this already well on its way. I'm an Analytics VP at a hospital on the West Coast. We have a whole project dedicated precisely to automated care intervention and machine learning for our AMI patients where we are literally telling physicians how to treat their patients. This will take over the industry in 20 years.

student
1.5mio

Most hospitals are moving to employed physician models user and it's cutting salaries dramatically. You are also looking at averages which are not very accurate when looking at specialty salaries with large amounts of variance.

GOD TIER ASS

That's what they said when computer aided diagnosis (CAD) systems were first developed for radiology. And look where we are today. If you listened to the CAD for your average mammography, the breast would end up looking like Swiss cheese from all the false positive biopsies it would tell you to do. Medicine is very difficult to automate. Rarely is it ever a straightforward algorithmic decision. There are usually subtle nuances that only a human provider can appreciate. Often times the "textbook" answer is not the best answer in medicine.

Engineering technologist
1.5 million for comfy middle class retirement
1.0 million for NEET tier retirement
0.5 million for frugal as fuck retirement

Ha I ain’t no intensivist bitch. Ok it’s pretty nice actually I’m a baller in rad onc the hours are great the work is great and everyone kisses my ass and we make a lot of $$. But you’ll be better off going into finance into PE/hedge funds. Like go ali to something we’re the $ is there not where you have to work hard to earn it

>I’m a baller in rad onc
how many brachy implants?

Im talking about real cars, not those sporty plastic cars or sedans that you muricans call cars.
What is point of saving on everything if you can't enjoy every while of your life, especially considering how much time people spend commuting even if they work from home...
Anything comfortable with enough power to get around on motorways is more less 100k

software engineer
$10M

Brachy is for fags. We don’t practice faggy oncology

what do you do then, because i think you're full of shit

He LARPs full time

Ha right bc a lot of larpers come here to discuss Brachy. Brachy has use cases but for the most part it’s shit. Imrt is plenty fine except in certain GI cases where you’re worried about small bowel tox or ability to target Some small as fuck area you don’t have confidence in hitting based on whatever igrt you use.

OH ya for the medical dude let’s get together and shut a medical coin. Medicine Is full of centralization bullcrap and assholes running the show that don’t know shit. We can become filthy ducking rich on something like that

>comparing early days decision support to today's level of machine learning
user I...

I agree w this guy. Automating medicine impossible. Decision support though is possible that is the first step. Then shit fields w useless mptherfuckers can get automated but that’s a long way away unfortunately bc I hate referring physicians and would rather deal with a fucking machine than a piece of shit md that thinks they are special but don’t know crap

System administrator
€1M
Would start my own online business with this money.
>mfw only €4k in 2 months for trading with effort