Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Omnissian Creed edition.
Actually helpful scale subedition

>Daily Dunc
youtube.com/watch?v=zQkMA1NLFMg

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/13/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-damocles-may13gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you people like your Superheavies? A lot of the ones with proper rules are based around one to four massive guns, but I like them with lots of relatively smaller ones, and prefer tanks and flyers to walkers.
Stormbird, Stormhammer and Manta all work quite well.
Titans seem to just be a little dull in terms of rules, honestly, since at best you've got eight guns, half of them piddly point-defence.
I prefer the Battlestar style, where you charge through the middle of a battle shooting death in all directions.

First for Yvraine is the best 40K character in the 21st century.

I used a knife to shave the shoulder pads, ankle guards, and pockets off, used a bit of greenstuff to smooth it out, then made a greenstuff scarf.
It's kinda grueling work but worth it in the end.

how to make xenos lore as interesting as imperium's?

mandatory fabius bile shitpost.

Whatever gets best character more love, man.

Actually write xenos lore i.e. black library books about them, aside from codices and supplements.

Fabius Bile is a faget.

Subculture/subfaction diversity.

The Imperium is an unbelievably vast place with a billion different mini-factions, cultures, and possible character backgrounds all mixed together within its ranks, while too much of the Xenos stuff is monotonous and race-of-hats.

Despite being degenearate chaos worshipper, Fabulous Bill is alwats pimpin in that outfit

Wow, people are shitting on CSM players in the last thread? Not Taudar for once?

>Fabius Bile
>Chaos Worshipper

Bitch, what? No, he's not.

9 different tickets for Warhammer World?

WHAT A BARGAIN!

All you whiny, bitter, feelings-hurt-manchildren could just sod off. Would be great, seeing as you are completely unuseful in every conceivable way.

No one is interested in your crying, it will change nothing, and GW doesn't care. Go play another game, you bring nothing to the table except bitching. You're useless.

This just proves GW has no idea about streamlining.

Who are you talking to, user?

>Fabius
>Bile
>Chaos
Worshipping anything

Hell no! He is probably the second biggest atheist after the emperor himself. Even RG does admit that daemons are real. Bob here tells them to get out because they are only in imagination.

Show me on this doll where the Riptide touched you.

How long do games take, generally?
>spent most of my day yesterday painting skitarii at flgs
>two dudes show up late in the evening for a huge 3000 point throwdown
>one's Marines/IG; has a couple land raiders, three russes, a couple veteran squads, two fuckmassive guardsman blobs w/ commissars, and about 15 HWTs with lascannons
>other guy has a massive boner for 30k; dumped all of his points into a fuckmassive imperial tank formation
>including this baneblade-looking motherfucker with two minguns on the turret that can lay down 30 shots/round if it stays still
>13-14 armor on basically everything, and the formation makes everything but the superheavy fast
>game mode is ambush; guardsmen wins the roll and picks defender
>check back an hour or two later
>30k tonk team got its shit caved in by massed krak grenades
I'd always been under the impression that 2 hours was the average for even small, low-point games.

Nah, they just took the old rules writers and put them on event planning instead.

It's the doll pointers that are being told to fuck off, stupid. ;)

2-3 hours yeah.

Unless you put all your points in a few baskets that suffer catastrophic explosions.

Will 8th ed be pro or anti MSU? Splitfire for everyone reduces MSU effectiveness, but larger units are at a bigger risk of battleshock

Just had a 3 hours long game of 1000 pts today. Is it normal ?

Read the new Jain Zar book. It was really interesting. Even had a whole community of Eldar worshipping Slaanesh in a pretty interesting way which wasn't just the usual 'blood games and get high on killing motif'.

Who are the new rules writers? Are they experienced game designers?

That's kinda abnormal for 1k points. What armies?

>larger units are at a bigger risk of battleshock
Because smaller units won't live long enough to roll for it?

If that Stormlord (minigun Baneblade) was fully loaded and went down early that would probably contribute. D hits on 50 Transport Cap worth of 30k (already point-hungry) would really sting. What army was it?

Are you learning the game?
It takes my group like 4 hours to play 2500 point 3 man free for all.

>new novel
>about aeldari
>orks getting trashed as always
>author is gav thorpe
lol dropped

I thought stormhammers have little turrets like the other baneblade variants

If you know your rules and the opponent knows his, the games go very fast.
But if you need to check the book every few seconds for rules then the games can take up to 5-6 hours on 2k.

Actually the Orks only really show up in the last bit, they don't get fought much. Also they're pretty much wiping out the Ulthwe forces in the battle, the Eldar are just their to kill their leader and withdraw really.

Still as someone who likes Xenos I can understand the sentiment. I like the book because it has the Eldar in it, although I'll admit them killing Imperials would have been nicer, and I do hope for Orks getting some actual narrative wins eventually.

Yes. The damage of battleshock is mitigated. Less models to die from it.

If you mean the sponsons, the old one did but the FW model has the bunker gunslits in the side with Multilasers/Hbolters/Lascannon mounted. It won't exactly Hellhammer it's way through everything, but it's very good at punishing MSU.

BAs vs DAs.

Yeah well, we still learning the game and had a lot of discussion during each turn so...

Did you figure out which "angels" are more gay?

At least Orks were retconned to win Kaurava recently.

mfw making an army with Grukk, Zagstruk, Badrukk and Snikrot for maximum flavor

So how are henchmen warbands supposed to work now? death cult assassins conclaves?

I think he said it was 40 cap, but about half of them could shoot out the hatch. If it helps identify it, it seemed to have a fixed casemate for the primary guns (so sorry for calling it a turret).

I'm not sure what the army was exactly (since I know basically nothing about 30k), so I going to guess solar auxilla offhand

Makes sense. I'm currently shooting for a 500-point build (dominus maniple with a sprinkling of wargear plus a absolute minimum value skitarii maniple of 2 5-man vanguard squads), so I can expect games to take about an hour, assuming that whoever's teaching me to play is competent and doesn't instantly table me? planning to get ironstriders next, since they're aesthetic as fuck and I'm lead to believe quite strong

Which is hard man.
Space gay emo vampires vs " we are secretly heretic ".

what

Do you faggots seriously want Orks to be top tier? I understand they should be playable, but only as far as joke races go.

shame, the little turrets are one of my favourite things about baneblades
oh well, I don't even play the game

Yes, make them top tier. Fuck your joke race meme.

>played DoW, start getting into 40k lore
>decide to start a tabletop army. I want to do something with assault marines like blood angels or raptors
>planning purchases
>realize these assault marines won't fit in the infantry tray for a carrying case

how the h*ck am I supposed to transport my army to the store? there's no way assault marines will fit into those little 2" squares in the tray, what do people usually do about transporting models with weird shapes?

Freedom never sleeps!

What meme? They are literally a joke race.

>emo
What? Blood angels are super altruistic and optimistic.

They're more Count Count than Edward Cullen.

Inquisitorial Representatives have henchmen warbands led by an Inquisitor and are composed of multiple unit entries. Esseiarchy Conclaves consist of a priest and entries of up to around 8 units of death cult assassins and/or crusaders. Does it work the same way in 8th? Is IR even legal?

who the fuck knows

I usual cut out the space between the two and then put in two models hugging each other.

What is the best primer for painting vior'la tau? I keep hearing that the corax white primer is shit and gives a sandy texture.

Freedom just woke up I guess?

Yeah, that's a Stormlord. Even if he just maxed out the Firing Slots that's about 600 points, and putting anything more dangerous than Guardsmen in there would probably be nearly a thousand. That would REALLY shorten the game if it went down to, say, a massive volley of Tank Hunting Lascannon early on.

Did he have any of pic related? If yes, Solar Auxilia. If he had a train-thing with tracks Mechanicum, if not either probably Marines. SA are rare and really dangerous, my Mechanicum tend to dominate if I go full cheese and they can easily match me there.

Ironstriders... Dragoons are superb with Lances, I have two and love them. Your build is pretty similar to mine, actually, and Skitarii are really mean at low points.

lol are you serious

a

fucking

box

Never had that problem, user.

no homo

that sounds like it will get expensive, I was planning to have up to 2k points so I will have like 50+ assault marines. which means a lot of trays and a big case. is there any cheaper way?

All armies should be top-tier. That's how balance works.

Alternatively, all armies should be equally shit.

how is the box going to keep them from rubbing each other's paint off tho. I know use varnish but still. plus they could break in a box jangling around, and I'm using public transport to get to the FLGS so it has to be something carry-able

Formations are no longer legal and I'm pretty sure everything in IR is technically a formation is it not?

Store them up ur as, lulz.

paper
bubble wrap
cotton

pack tight

Untrue. New armies should be better than old armies to incentivate sales.

and do you know of any white primer to use with brush? Have you ever tried vallejo white primer? I really dislike spray but it is usually the best option.

Everything is different in 8th. What do people not fucking understand about this. Throw away your fucking rulebooks and wait for the new ones to come out - they will have all the new rules you need. Nothing that exists now is going to be legal. Nothing.

Eggshell foam or find the foam things from citadel carry cases. You can put a lot of wacky shaped things on their side or upside down and put taller things in the tract below it to keep pressure off things.

Is it true that Tau hate started because they were a good faction in a grimdark setting and that they became more morally grey after people complained?

Idunno, I think making them top tier would be the biggest joke of all, and should absolutely happen.

get one of these and glue magnets under your minis.

>people realize GW will purposefully make their armies shit in the future
>sales decrease
Good job, numbnuts. Any more bright ideas?

Fuck, yeah, marines then, since I can finally more or less remember his comp. Three Sicarians (one of which was his warlord), two predators, two rhinos, the stormlord, and a land raider with one of the same sort of minigun, if I'm recalling correctly.

Also, can someone redpill me on Mechanicum? This dude started gushing about how strong they are in 30k after he saw my skitarii; apparently they have, among other things, Kastellan Robots on steroids, melee techpriest squads, and some sort of super-heavy wave motion gun that slides a pie plate across the table, and everything within the beam essentially has to make an invulnerable save or die (it's S10 against vehicles and ignores cover)

I've used GW and Army Painter sprays. Never used brush on, sorry. Vallejo makes one though.

arks are a pain in the ASS

No, they started as a combination joke/marketing move.

That and they didn't fit aesthetically.

>WIMMIN STRONK
>best character

nah, he's shit now.

The green one doesnt even have its guns glued on because of transportation woes. I have a Monolith and an Obelisk too but those are almost as big as the case and such just sit on the top of the case or in the back seat when I drive to the store.

......that'd actually work...

How do you field triumvirates if there are no more formations?

:^)

Literally one fucking paragraph. And you're being hyperbolic about it.

Its bit more work and costs some money for the start, but I would recommend magnetising the bases and carrying them around in METAL BACKSES or in a normal box with some thin iron layer at the bottom.

like he said they come in there metal boxes
magnetize you socle for large model not necessary the entire army.

I use the feldherr system. it's a bit costly, but they have foam trays with slots for different sizes and even trays which are easily customisable. I especially tend to use the latter a lot.

You're suggesting GW is going to release every single rulebook day 1 of the new edition?

That's pretty much what they said

Have you been living under a rock? They confirmed this like 4 times you idiot. Stop asking stupid questions if you aren't even caught up on the basics in the FAQ.

GW have already anounced that they're doing this.

Nah, just rules, and some fluff, broken up into 4 books.

.... yes? Because they said that was the plan?
Where the hell have you been for the last month?

What is the most reliable rumoured / actual release date for 8th lads?

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/13/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-damocles-may13gw-homepage-post-4/

June 10th I think

So Admech btfo by the warp?