Gamefinder thread

Game Finder Thread!

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/82FzbCK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>GM
>Russian Roulette
>Midnight
>Everyone brings their own gun
>Call Eddie and press 1, two clicks means No, three clicks means Seven
>Automatics are banned after my last group

>Banning polish from playing

fuck off nationalist, Veeky Forums is a sjw board!

>Player
>Shadowrun (4e or 5e, 5e preferably)
>Wednesday, Saturday-Monday, 3pm - 10pm EST
>roll20 preferred, Skype/Discord also good.
>[email protected], Planes Wanker on skype

>Player
>D&D 5e
>GMT evenings (not wednesday)
>Roll20
>Trident #3654
Played a homebrew before, but new to D&D.

The gun in that picture is really triggering me. Where's the ejection port? Why are there individual bullets on the side but no loading gate? Why are those bullets not caseless

>Where's the ejection port?
On the other side?
>Why are there individual bullets on the side but no loading gate?
Internal tube mag loaded by drop-in?
>Why are those bullets not caseless
Brass-philia?

>Why are those bullets not caseless
Fuck off hardfire

>>Where's the ejection port?
>On the other side?
>>Why are there individual bullets on the side but no loading gate?
>Internal tube mag loaded by drop-in?
Actually, scratch those two, it's clearly break-action. One barrel above the bayonet, one below.

>What
Dawn of Worlds. It's a cooperative world-builder where you play a God, and shape the world to your liking. Cooperation or competition with other gods is an option. Create and control avatars to influence the world. More information in the PDF.
>When
Play by post. I'm based out of EST.
>Where
Use your critical thinking skills to decipher the URL from these clues:
dawnofworlds,freeforums,net
>Other
Check out the Read me on the site.

No

>The year 2080
>Using a break action
Luddites leave

It's okay man, that guy's from 2070.

The start of a Veeky Forums group with a homebrew campaign. Going to play flexible with drop in/outs. Ran a very successful 1 shot 2 weeks ago (Horror at Havel's Cross)
Its going to be a bit gothic/horror themed

Bring a level 3 character

>GM/Player
GM looking for players, 3/6 slots currently taken
>System
D&D 5e
Going to play this sunday at 19:00 CEST. will most likely keep to this time with intervals needed as I set up the next game
Discord for voice, roll20 for hastily drawn maps and other things
>Contact Info
discord.gg/82FzbCK
>Additional Notes
I'm not really a rulebook kind of guy, I use it more as a guide really

Looking for 1-3 mooks to join a search for a missing professor last seen on the doorsteps of Dunwich 1925.
Come as police, Private Investigators, professors, students or hired muscle. Everyone has a job to do when people go missing after dark.

Have 1 out of 2-4 players.

>System
Call of Cthulhu 7th

>Times available
Playing around 17:00 (GMT+1)
This is somewhat flexible so please ask away.

>Playing
We're using Discord for voice and roll20 for handouts and dice-rolling.

>gmt+1
where you from?
never played this system but it's my zone

Scandinavia;
If you've never played any of the CoC systems you might want to do some reading up on the rules, but it's a somewhat basic d100 system.

I failed to add; We're playing the first session on Monday 15th

>GM/Player
Player but I'm going to GM a campaign soon so I'd like to find more cool and socially adjusted players in the meantime
>System Preferred
5e, 3.5/PF, really want to try Runequest, Mutants and Masterminds, or Legends of the Wulin but I'm down to play anything with better character creation than 5e
PST evenings except Monday/Wednesday/Saturday, weekdays preferred.
I've done them all idc
>Contact Info
Wind#5574 on discord
>Additional Notes
I make good first impressions

What's the quality of players found through Gamefinder, anons? Is this the right thread to ask about it?

Probably not if we don't want shitstorms.
That said, I've had mixed luck; about half to 3/4ths of the people who reply will be competent with the occasional sperg.

I have never had a bad experience with Gamefinder, I might be in a minority though.

Directly above you is a frogposter claiming to make good first impressions. Take that as you will.

Your parents wish you were better

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I've used the gamefinder exactly one time, and got two responses, one of which showed up and was actually a cool player that fits my game well.

Obviously this is anecdotal, but might as well give it a try.

Varies as with any other gamefinding medium, you run into the same people in different games sometimes but they're generally all pretty okay

The forum was kind of clunky to manage, I've moved over to a Discord now.

>discord.gg/W2ece8m

I've only posted once as a GM and all the players I got are at least ok, and a couple are actually quite good. All the GMs I've responded to were either flakes or tools, though.

The less popular a system is that you advertise, the better off you are for grabbing players. They can't just jump to another group (like D&D, 40k, WoD, etc.), since there won't be another one to latch on to for a session of play. It forces them to commit or not play at all.

I have found several players worth playing with and a few GMs, but things tend to go astray anyways.

If you're looking for a very specific type of game or group or style, you're probably going to struggle. If you're able to handle change, compromise and go with the flow you should be able to find some games.

I've almost always had good games, but I don't play trash-juice systems like D&D, so maybe that's why.

what do you play

Eh, I always look for obscure games here and never get hits

GURPS, some shadowrun, and a few various other things. Even the worst in that list are better than D&D.

dumb frogposter

>dumb frogposter

dude I honestly wasn't prepared for this level of banter... I wish you would have warned me.

bump

Anyone doing a mecha game? got a hankering for a mecha game..

Last time I posted in gamefinder looking for mecha I got roped up in an AdEva game.

P.S.: AdEva as a system sucks.

Not that guy, but as someone who's suffered playing Pathfinder and 3.5, how bad is AdEva really? I can handle some unintuitive shit to pilot the damn robot.

From what ive played of ADEva and from what i remember, it was pretty bad.

Look at the hinge in the middle and the placement of the bayonet, it's obviously an over-under break-action rifle.

GM

Easier to list what I haven't played. I've got a couple game ideas I'll post below.

CDT/UTC-5 Literally free at all times for a month, then will have some afternoons eaten through summer. Weekends only starting Sept.

Anything but skype. Was gonna say text but my mic magically started to work again. Maybe it'll last.

[email protected]
Viracocha#8805 on Discord

>Cthulhu Invictus: Alexandria ca. 78 AD in the twilight of Vespasian's reign. Alexandria has become a refugee city hosting a sizable Jewish and Christian population swelling into a truly cosmopolitan zone at the fringe of the Empire's reach. Your illustrious and benevolent patron, Quintus Avidius Falto, has sent out a runner as the last of the night's wine was finished requesting you arrive for salutatio before daybreak.

>Maztica: notAmazonian bands trying to deal with the cycle of growth and collapse that the city dwellers across the mountains (notInca). I'd really like to simulate some tribal and Andean cultures and MAYBE implement a playtest for some civ building rules I whipped up from Fudge and Aria, if the group is so inclined. Will probably impose some harsh race/class restrictions at first but this can maybe be negotiated, Maztica already had a poverty of races. Likely 5e just for ease of finding players despite the narrow setting....Everyone's sorta familiar with Rome so if you want more information on what I have in mind for this setting just contact for details.

My regular group is going through serious life shit, so I'd like to get a semipermanent game going. Not looking for: /pol/, anit/pol/, excessive autism (complaining, whining, entitlement, etc.), lewd. Am looking for: experienced players (has played sessions of something other than D&D), Veeky Forumsfags, sane rational adults. Msg me with which you'd rather play and why, and when the first game to hit three or four serious replies I'll send out links for notes/books and make a roll20 or whatever.

I've only been picked up once or twice, but I've liked everyone I've played with. Some of the best players I've seen in one case.

>excessive autism (complaining, whining, entitlement, etc.)
To be clear I don't mean "don't question me" but rather try not to ramble off topic about how much you hate [things] or throw a fit if someone other than you does or gets something cool.

What's the system for the first game?

Cthulhu Invictus is a supplement for CoC. There are versions for 5e and 6e, and I saw a KS for a 7e version but I don't know if that's out.

page10

What does Cthulhu Invictus add to the game?

Ancient Rome.

>searched your name on Discord
No results.
Thanks boss.