Lost in warp tau

>warhammer-community.com/2017/05/13/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-damocles-may13gw-homepage-post-4/

>Tau wonder around in warp
>find a man in silver armor kicking ass
>they join forces going in and out of real space killing chaos

why havent you joined the draigo super friends yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/04/new-warhammer-40000-the-great-riftgw-homepage-post-4/
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Dating_System
youtube.com/watch?v=i6c4Nupnup0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlREUROGwpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>4th sphere expansion

Wait, how far into the future are we going? Or is GW seriously gonna squeeze in 4th sphere expansion into M41, when 3rd sphere started in 997.M41 and was just getting started by the end of M41. 1st and 2nd took thousands of years combined.

This opens up so many cool ideas for a Tau army. You can really do whatever you want now.
I'm calling it now, 8th Edition explores the entire M42 millennium.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/04/new-warhammer-40000-the-great-riftgw-homepage-post-4/
>So powerful and far was this storm that the very laws of physics fray at the edges as the inconsistencies of time fluctuations, once largely localised to larger storms such as the Eye of Terror, spread across the galaxy. Some worlds felt centuries go by in an instant while others were all but frozen in time, and still others have suffered constant temporal shifts.

we 40kaos nao, time don't matter, nothing of this matters

>Abaddon's latest crusade gets 1000 years time and doesn't accomplish shit

I'm more interested in what literally every faction other than tau are doing post rift.

>be a shas'o
>receive orders to launch the 3rd sphere expansion
>lose contact with high command due to interference
>continue preparations
>everything's ready
>communications established
>receive plans for 4th sphere expansion
>all order papers are time stamped several hundred years in the future

kek

Cultist-chan tau edition when?

>new expansion so the tau send their best
>the 4th Fleet is literally just every riptide they have.
>an audible gulp and belch can be heard from the warp as 100 percent of all riptides in existence disappear all at once.
>never to be seen again
>gw cancels riptide

And then 8th was best edition.

Obviously just setting up the Tau to show up for the final battle of terra/giant webway realm when they have no business being there.

Also, tyranids finally mentioned

>mon'tka was a fucking slap in the face of every guard player
>but hey atleast the tau expension was stopped so you still won!
>tau just start expanding again
i can't wait for fishsticks mcblue to blow up more 10 000 year old baneblades with their superior tactics and tech it's gonna be so much fun to read about .......

>I'm calling it now, 8th Edition explores the entire M42 millennium.
They should rename setting Warhammer 41,000.

>fourth sphere expansion pulls a leisure suit larry 4
that's kind of cute
>Wait, how far into the future are we going?
They mentioned tau expeditionary fleets getting swallowed up by the sentient firestorm in either the second or third gathering storm book.

I guess GW decided to make it a full big expansion fleet. Though I'm not sure where the tau got the manpower to launch two huge expansions right on the back of an enormous loss of manpower.

>anpower to launch two huge expansions right on the back of an enormous loss of manpower.

Especially when they were struggling to get 3rd one going due to a lack of manpower. And what exactly did 3rd accomplish? Like, from the start to the end of M41 they got to the other side of the Damocles Gulf and conquered an imperial system. So they ran a 3 year campaign of conquest with limited resources, conquer one system and then go "You know what we need? A 4th expansion!"

Tau plot armour is stretched so thin it's basically a see through leotard now.

Even worse is that post gulf they have Sautekh Necrons, Orks, and Nids all attacking their worlds without imperial presence to distract them and are still trying to expand.

It's like trying to build a deck while your house is on fire.

The new DOOMGUY is basically draigo but not gay.

>montka
>send huge crusade force that should be able to wipe out the tau from the system entirely
>leave idiot IG commander who thinks blindly marching his troops into a radiation storm with no protective gear or strategy is a good idea
>so one sided the Tau fire warrior trainees were using the guard as target practice
>3/4 assasins fail to kill their marks
>killing Faction leader does literally nothing to hurt the tau
>entire crusade BTFO on one planet

The 5th expansion is going to wipe out all the necrons surrounding them, wipe out the tyranids, then singlehandedly send Abbadon and the primarchs back to the warp before sending 300 riptides into the imperial palace to kill the emperor and Guilliman (but not before Farsight cucks guilliman and takes yrvainne for his own) use some necrons tech to prevent the warp rift, kill the chaos gods, then rule the galaxy forever

The one outside or the one made out of cards?

Thank god Necrons replace plot armour with magic science and an endless bag of tricks.

It literally says the imperials are being pressed hard by everyone not the Tau

no user the commander was actually written as competent and brave
the tau where literally just 3good5him

How does time work in that timeline? Are those numbers days?

year 40,902

The first three numbers are what the imperial calendar uses in place of months or dates. A calendar year is split into 1000 equal parts (001-000). Presumably the lack of check number is because these timelines aren't made in universe.

Finally, I can have lost expeditionary forces and faraway Tau colonies getting themselves involved in the big events. It also means, that the Tau can suffer bigger loses since they no longer have all the eggs in one basket.

>Yay i split Imperium in two and destroyed Cadia.
>but my uncle is back and he has elf friends
>my daemonic uncles are back and don't obey me

>Imperium takes another planet
>makes it even more fortified
>renames it "Cadia"
>starts kicking Chaos around

>Landing guard within Tau Killzone and not deep striking in where their range means dick

Competant huh?

>4th Sphere Expansion
Wait how did they muster another one so quick-
>5th Sphere
Hold the fuck up! Aren't these Sphere's supposed to be like massive undertakings? I would think losing an entire fleet would make the Tau stop and think for a second how to not screw up so badly in the future instead of just sending another wave of cannon fodder into unknown space.

That's Imperial Guard levels of thinking but the Tau don't have Guard levels of expendable assets.

both

>Tau don't have Guard levels of expendable assets.
Tau live shorter than humans.

>something something Vance Stubbs baneblades blah blah

>That's Imperial Guard levels of thinking but the Tau don't have Guard levels of expendable assets.
aaaaaa shut up by more riptides

It's a reference that 4 is unlucky in Asia. 4 = Death. There are even elevators that skip it.

Inb4 we get a Farsight 2.0 on the other side of the galaxy.

Cyborg-ninja Tau soon!

he should be called commander shortsight

Know your place little blue man.
You're 60 million years too young to be going up against the big boys.

More like Slitsight.

commander slantsight go'ok

Neil Degrasse Tyson said he doesn't want people who believe 13 is an unlucky number to hold political power. Wonder if that applies to Asians who believe 4 to be a bad number.

Who did command the 4th Sphere of Expansion. Who is commanding the fifth one?

Commander Hindsight.

Shas'o Chiing Ch'ong
Aun' Niing Nong.
Ethereal Pink Tauva.

Shadowsun was in charge of 4 so she is either lost in the warp or was somehow not part of the armada that was sucked up.

5th will have to revive O'Kais because he is the only Puretide pupil left

It's time for more nukes and superweapons.

They still had the forces of the 3rd sphere expansion that were on the Tau side of the Gulf when it got set on fire, so when the Gulf seemed to be passable they presumably sent those and called it a new sphere of expansion.

fuck off blueberry!

I wonder if they will explain Tau colonies faraway with time-distortion warp shenanigans.

>Custodes active again
>Tau coming to Terra
He did it

"Nova Cadia" is definitely going to be a thing.

>i can't wait for fishsticks mcblue to blow up more 10 000 year old baneblades with their superior tactics and tech it's gonna be so much fun to read about

Ya know humie, ya could just hire us Blood Axes ta deal wid dem blueberry gits. Itz not like ya have bigger fings ta worry about...

An' afta all dat, Boss Ghazghkull's gonna come an' give Farshit da ol' Grimgor treatment an' da greenskinz will rule da galaxy.

Orkz iz biggest an' da best, or has da blueberry forgotten dat already?

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Dating_System

SO NOT FUCKING CANON!

Dont tell me this is our teaser for the day?

Now I just want to convert a Doomguy to use as a Draigo count-as.

The New Zealand kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=i6c4Nupnup0

>sigmaring an already sigmar'd game

ok i laughed, god damn it user.

my sides

Aren't their already like 20 Nova Cadias though?

>Draigo being more than Slaanesh's cock sock
Kek

Tau aren't even thousands of years old

>homeworld discovered in 789.M35
>1st Sphere Expansion from 502.M37 to 956.M38

That's where you're wrong, kid.

Tau didn't exist in any recognizable form until later than M35.

First sphere and second sphere took time because the Tau had no FTL and necessarily because there were simply fewer Tau.

But by the time they were ready to launch third sphere, there were probably trillions of Tau. Expansion becomes a problem of training time and construction of the necessary transports and other war materiel; old problems with communication, supply chains and reinforcement are gone. The only barrier to launching a new sphere of expansion is the rest period necessary to produce fresh armies to continue the war across the entire outlying space of the extant empire.

However, what began as a single sphere - a single planet - obviously cannot continue to expand outwards as a perfect sphere. For one thing, they can only go so far before reaching the limits of the galactic plane; at which point manpower and other resources directed towards those areas of the sphere for conquest (as distinct from defensive garrisons) can be directed to other fronts, drastically increasing the rate of expansion.

tl;dr the Tau Empire has reached such a size that "sphere of expansion" is less a battleplan and more a euphemism akin to an Imperial "crusade"

you know who else numbered his crusade fleets
and was dead 200 years later

Hahah.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlREUROGwpI

>First sphere and second sphere took time because the Tau had no FTL

If I remember the 6e codex right, the 2nd Sphere engines could transport ships in a few months to a few years (doesn't mention distances per se, but probably few months between septs and a few years across the empire). Yet it took over 2000 years to conquer a few more septs. 3rd took the hive world beyond the Damocles Gulf (renamed it something-something Bay), which I think is the only reported conquest of that expansion so far, seeing that it's just getting started (3 years in by the end of the millennium).

>cannot continue to expand outwards as a perfect sphere

Of course not. It's more of a "sphere of influence" type of thing. I think 2nd Sphere was already reaching more towards the Damocles Gulf than other directions.

>a euphemism akin to an Imperial "crusade"

More like colonial expansionism. Though making them into crusades wouldn't be out of the question. Though I think they'll drop the numbers and spheres and just start calling them "Mu'dik Expansion" and "D'ong Expansion" directed at individual sectors, planets, etc. Sphere Expansions are probably reserved for larger operations, like Abaddon's Black Crusades.

Calling them "expansions" would fit the Tau MO of giving their stuff PC names.

War zone Ultramar one of these days boys. It will fall.

Thanks to Abaddon's warp fuckery, time is now GONVOLUDED :-DDDDD

Can we still blame Lorgar for this warp fuckery even though it's clearly Armless' fault?