Is there anything that this Primarch has actually accomplished, or has he been a failure all his life?

Is there anything that this Primarch has actually accomplished, or has he been a failure all his life?

Daemonhood doesn't count.

Nothing really. He's shit. We lost Curze but this fucker stayed.

he's one of the main reasons fagnus got roasted at nikaea, which I would consider an accomplishment

Not really, but being a Daemon Prince of the worst Chaos God is still better than being one of the shittiest Primarchs, so I suppose he accomplished something.

Nope. Mortarion is up with there with Mannus and all the Primarchs who got bamboozled at Istvaan as the shittiest. Fulgrim spent the entire Heresy basically doing the opposite of what Horus asked and he still got more shit done then Mortarion.

For the longest time, his entire function was to just job to the latest donut steel on the block

>"How do we introduce this new character while making them seem badass?"
>"Just have Mortarion show up and get shit on."

Weren't the Greyknights based on some of his best soldiers?

That happened once, what are you talking about?

However, he did raise the common folk of his world into a formidable army.....

Which got BTFO by Not!Nagash, who morty failed to kill. and then he got cucked out of his revenge plot by the emperor himself. After that it was just a long series of indignities until people stopped taking him seriously.

Also can't forget that he got his ass kicked by Khan, the most irrelevant primarch in the entire setting

Which would mean that all he managed to accomplish was losing the loyalty of his best men.
Poor Horus really did get stuck with mostly the retards and rejects.

He rammed a hive, that was pretty cool

He was also Horus's best general, but when you look at the choices that's not all that much of an accomplishment

I'd say his greatest and most impressive achievement was utterly destroying one of the Emperor's space marine Legions almost single handedly.
Seriously, they were one of the best by any metric and then Mortarion happened to the Dusk Raiders. They were never the same again.

>they were one of the best by any metric
Where'd you get that from?

From what I heard they were tough, but pretty average

Honestly I just really like their colour scheme and hype them up.
They were pretty good though.

There's a decent HH short that I forget the name of, but its basically Horus in his office venting his feelings about his brothers and their shortcomings to the decapitated head of Ferus. He knows he got the short bus primarchs.

After reading the books, I've come to realize that him and his personality are just one big pot-smoker joke. He is definitely in Manus/Curze tier of primarchs.
Now that I think about it, it is pretty funny how both gay primarchs (Lion and Fulgrim) are some of the more successful ones in 40k.

>worst Chaos God
>He doesnt adore papa nurgle
Someone needs a huggie

Nurgletards are the worst cases of stockholm syndrome in the entirety of traditional gaming. With the other gods you at least get something in return before you get fucked, with Nurgle you just get fucked and told you like it.

>nurgle has no advantages but turning you into a zombie and giving you AIDS XDDD

looks like somebody doesn't actually read the hobby they supposedly participate in

Fulgrim isn't gay.
Sanguinius is.

>both gay primarchs (Lion and Fulgrim)

Explain.

He's the god of coping mechanisms. Of course he sucks.

Lion'el hangs out at a gay disco bar in Nottingham called The Rock. He says he just goes there because their cocktails are cheap and tasty but everyone knows that's a euphemism for britbong semen.

He is really, really fucking good, I mean perhaps "on the same level as Big E himself" good at complaining.

He got pissy that he was the one picked to deliver the decree at Nikaea, a position he whined for throughout the entire fucking crusade after he met Magnus.

to be fair though, his distaste of Psykers in general wasn't unfounded, and I feel like if he'd known more of what was to come, he'd stuck by the emperor, even if he'd disliked doing so.

The origins of the Dark Angels is literally a reference to some famous gay poet from way back when, and Fulgrim is a worshiper of the androgynous fag God.

Start listing the advantages, then. Actual ones, not monkey's paw shit like making you immune to a disease by decaying your body or numbing your pain by destroying your pain receptors.

And what did Ferrus have to say?

Pretty sure all Chaos gods fuck you up irreparably when they give you their blessing, user. It's kind of the point.

The GK were a mix of everywhere

"No comment."

Its hard, but keep your head on your shoulders

Not exactly
They came up with most of the names by using 2 lists randomly and keeping the good ones
In some cases they merged the 2 names - nova / ultra marines
That's why we have so many that share parts of their names and have iron hands and iron warriors
So they got one name dark angels, decided hey cool name and then when writing it up noticed there was a poem called dark angel and added all that stuff as an in joke

Of course they do, but the other three at least string you along, Nurgle gives you drill to the arse and the assurance that it's really just his way to express love. Slaanesh at least gives you the capability to actually enjoy the drill.

He saved Lorgar from Corvus Corax.

He was first among the primarchs to realise that fucking around with the warp and psykers and daemons was bad fucking mojo, and was the main primarch to articulate a case for banning that shit at Nikaea.

Had Magnus not been declared a traitor and had the Wovles not been sent for him, the Heresy would have played out very differently.

Nurgle tends to speak to people who are already diseased, depressed or dying and offers them a way out, though. Obviously it's a little different if it's Nurgle's daemons or followers infecting you in the first place, but he corrupts and makes bargains with people to offer them a release from their suffering. I guess he's nice like that?

That was Curze unless I'm missing a joke

It's just that his solutions to your problems are way worse than anything you could have done yourself, including just killing yourself.
Taking the monkey's paw from Tzeentch at least means that you get to enjoy rad powers and knowledge for a little while before you slip up and get fucked.
Which I guess is just another symptom of the stupidification of Chaos, no nuance allowed.

Taking the monkey's paw from Nurgle in itself is what fucks you up, so you know what you're in for from the get go and have eternity to reap the benefits.

I'll never understand why Curze allowed himself to be killed. A part of me still thinks he's alive

Wiki seems to agree with you. Huh. I swear I remember reading some HH book were Lorgar was saved by Mortarion. Maybe I just remember it wrong

He was the only one with a legit reason for turning on the emperor. The rest were whiny bitches or literal psychos

Angron was already fucked, but the Emperor could have easily beamed himself down and fought alongside his son rather than beaming him up.

It could of solved a lot of the PR problems he had.

That was Curze my m80

What was his reasoning? That meme picture about "but at least you don't have unelected head of state lol!"comes to mind.

he got a name carved on his heart

It's called "Warmaster".

checks out

more like Whinemaster

Objectively false, but your trips trump any argument I could hope to offer.

You know, a lot can be argued about or excused regarding the Emperor and the Primarchs in the Heresy, but I've never really heard or figured a decent explanation for this one. I mean, okay, Angron is probably going to die if he does this, but the Emperor fighting beside him could easily have done the trick, and gotten him a very grateful and compliant Primarch. So why didn't he? What was so pressing about not taking a couple of hours? He did it with Russ in eating and drinking contests, for example. He came and helped Mortarion, too. Or Vulkan in the trials. Why not Angron.

Bad writing.

God-awful writing that's so ingrained in the fluff at this point that the writers didn't feel that they had the right to change it.

Total head cannon reason but, angron was the only one to head a rebellion that's goal wasn't making the world a better place. Other primarchs overturned governments but from a reformist position. Angron instigated an already doomed slave revolt who's purpose was to destroy as much stuff and kill as many people as possible before they got caught. The emperor didn't help him because he wanted to show Angron that kind of rebellion wasn't approved, that Empire was the goal. It was a bad plan, just make Angron even angronier, but it seems like the kind of thing an empire building megalomaniac would do because they thought it would be self evident.

He had the warped thinking that the Emperor ruling mankind from Terra was similar to the Barbarus lords ruling over him and the oppressed of his planet from on high, so the Emperor had to go. I suppose it made sense in his head, although this makes him the most ungrateful of the traitor primarchs. In contrast, Angron just wanted to burn everything around him indiscriminately, Lorgar was quite grateful for being on his chosen road to damnation, Alpharius was being Alpharius, Fulgrim was possessed, and the rest ran into legal troubles basically and wanted a get out of jail card.

The Emperor does what He wills. He thought it was a waste of time to entertain a bunch of bloodthirsty gladiators, so He borked Angron on the head and abducted him. The real angle behind Angron's character which should be explored more was that Angron simply had a deathwish and didn't want to live beyond that one moment of glory. The Emperor saw it as a waste and offered Angron an eternity of glory as a hero of all humankind, but Angron just angsted in his own way and raged at everything until he could no longer tell a good decision from a bad one.

He says it himself, vindication. It shows that his method of killing people who commit crimes is the right course of action when the Imperium's response to all of the atrocities he committed is to not try and imprison him, but straight up send an assassin to kill him.

Anyone has that quote of Khan completely destroying everything Morty has done?

It's things like this which convince me that for the Emperor to win the war, or even outsmart Chaos so that the war doesn't happen in the first place, you literally have to change Emps to the point where he isn't the Emperor anymore.

Horus you rushed headlong into this rebellion.

Its from Scars, don't have it tho.