Take a moment to think of your town guardsmen. Their lot is not a happy one, but they do their job

Take a moment to think of your town guardsmen. Their lot is not a happy one, but they do their job.

Someone is probably triggered by the female town guard there, and that's not me, but why is her spear shorter? Do they specifically make shorter female-model spears in this city?

I'm not sure if that belt tie is meant to conceal a dagger sheathe or is just some damn phallic imagery either. Reminds me of centurions and ties. If it isn't a sheathe the lack of any sidearm at all seems foolish.

Very nice boots although I think the metal might impede the foot. The wrong side of the body is armored at the shoulder. They seem like they could do with some more plate or good chainmail but I guess guards take what they can get (if you can afford those fancy decorations and medallions and dyes, though...). All in all 4/10 decent guard fashion but some clear weaknesses.

>Woman
>Wielding a spear
>With an iron shaft
>One handed

Reminds me of reenactment combat, every ten minutes the whole thing has to freeze for some idiot woman who had no business being there getting a concussion or popping her sticklike arm out of it's socket. And we just had to sit there and pretend it wasn't obvious insanity to let them on the field at all

Nothing makes you hate women more than actually interacting with them. I don't understand why "bitter virgin" is the default kneejerk reaction to this, considering said virgins are probably the most likely to put them on a pedestal. And this is probably what makes bitches and their pet white knights so butthurt: the higher the pedestal, the harder the fall.

Record time, folks.

>I don't understand why "bitter virgin" is the default kneejerk reaction to this
Why bother with arguments when you can just start flinging shit?

Some town guard aren't like other town guards

Be sure to remember the town guardsmen, for they must be prepared to face the foe, no matter what.

Because, as a working adult who interacts with women, it actually just depends on the person. The idea that all women are this or that makes as much sense as the idea that all men are this or that. It's entirely dependent on the individual and varies.

So when someone says "ALL x are y" you can only come to the conclusion that such an individual is highly sheltered or has bias exposure such as someone who secludes themselves in a basement and gets all their information from /pol/. A healthy adult would interact with a variety of people and treat them as individuals than making sweeping generalizations to justify their treatment of others.

Or hey, maybe it's just that your culture is so degenerate all women turn out a certain way, I don't know, americans and europeans seem to fancy themselves as eternal victims no matter what they believe in.

And they'll still be doing their job while you keep moving up and moving on.

I'm more concerned with the severed arm they are manipulating with their mental powers. They are taunting us with the failure of those who came before. I don't think these guards should be trifled with.

Good post, good poster.

Shit Shas'o all the good namefags are dead but I'm glad you're still here.

That's just Clive. He fell in a vat of bootleg invisibility potion during a raid and, well it only MOSTLY worked.

He's all right now though.

You asshole, thats Carl. He got caught up in some stupid mage's fuck ups and doused in some magic, now everything except his arm is invisible. Despite all that he still chooses to work as a guardsmen.

These guards seem to be rather well equipped for a town. They have actual armour and both a sword AND a spear!

But on a meta level, was there any point in making the warrior class and giving it to them though? Why not just make them fighters? And don't tell me fighters are supposed to be elites when any 16 year old with a sword that wants to go on an adventure gets branded as one!

>he's all right now though
ISWYDT

Carl? I thought he was Clive! ...Chris.. Calvin.. something with a C anyway.

Good thing he was a lefty, really. It's impossible to block or attack him properly with an invisible spear.

Fighters are not "any 16 year old with a sword that wants to go an adventure". Level 1 adventurers are already pretty damn good. You play Heroes in D&D, above the norm in every way.
Any old 16 year old would be an NPC the majority of the time.
You don't retroactively become amazing at swordfighting because you chose adventuring instead of guarding, people who are amazing at swordfighting become adventurers over guards.

Obviously no one is saying literally all X everywhere are Y. That's a strawman you're using.

Are you kidding user?

The bribes and the ability to beat down almost anyone you want and they can't do shit about it

Being a guard is great!

Where is the sword?

>americans and europeans
So are you from Slavistan or from Latin America? Whichever it is, be happy you live in a culture where women are not only expected to be not-shit, but are called out for being shit.

FUCK THA CONSTABULARY. I go skooma ta sling, n'wah.

Optimal spear lenght is related to the height of the wielder. Still doesn't make sense though, cause he seems to be as tall as she is.

>they could do with some more plate or good chainmail
They look to have a brigandine cuirass on under their tabard, doubt chain would be any better.
I think their belt is to stabilise their shoulder armor. Which is on the wrong side, you're right.
Boots I think are fine. So long as the plates can move independently of each other and the bottom one can slide over the shin guard.

Honestly they seem pretty well done, shoulder notwithstanding. Reasonable helmet, weapon, boots..

Not a fan of the shield though, the strap is a little daft, it severely limits what they can do with it. Unless the strap around their elbow pops off easily and it's just for looks while decoratively standing guard outside.
Still pretty solid, artist clearly thought about it. I doubt they're ye olde cops though, instead they look like they guard palaces or something.

Wow, a non shitpost on Veeky Forums? Congrats

Just about every guard in any campaign I've played has been either a stupid negligent corrupt asshole or an antagonistic piece of shit who constantly try to pin or spin shit on the party even when they're being actively helpful and working within the rules of the law.

>Take a moment to think of your town guardsmen. Their lot is not a happy one, but they do their job.

Ha, no.

These spoiled city brats don't understand the pain of working a full day plowing a field only to be on watch that afternoon.

You rich city fucks can piss off.

Well, try and picture things from the guard's PoV. They're stuck with possibly one of the worst classes in the game when it comes to d20 systems and even outside of that they're generally of little relevance. You'd try your hardest to dick over the wizard just to prove you can. Playing a guard is hard mode.

Play an ex-guard next time, and have a backstory with multiple named honourable guard friends back home.
So when they abruptly become backstabbing arseholes you'll know your DM is doing it deliberately.

>tfw to intelligent to be attractive to women