Elf Thread:

Welp, lets have a weekend elf thread shall we?

Post elves, shit-talk about them, why we love 'em. And also pics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4e6PsA6mmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ooga Booga, Female virgin Elf slave, what do?

>Elves

That's fucking disgusting.

Source?

Too many girls in this thread.

Filename, genius.

There are never enough grills, my n'wah

Oh fuck, checked again, it's actually not that much. Sorry.

dunmer are whores

You know, Dunmer don't look like this.

Only when they are young.

>look at this drawing. All dunmer look like that.
You should rot in coldharbour, you fokken n'wah

/co/ started having elf threads recently. Are you people responsible for this?
If so, please more

That one is not fanart, though. Which is the point. The TES games not only have ugly graphics, their elves are kinda ugly.
SWIT

I don't even know what that's suppose to be. Enlighten me?

Marcus Level, a low budget french cartoon with very sincere homages to many video games and not much to run for beside that
The elf's name is Ephi, dunno what's up with her.

My favorite character ever was an elf barbarian =( kind of feel sad for not being able to play it anymore

user, why you not like High Elves or Wood Elves???

No.

I'd rather talk about those teeth. Those fangs. This isn't common enough in elf art.

>Dumbmer

Such shit taste. Pic related're much better elves.

Is he a good example of how to Necromancer or even Lich Lord?

What a fucking nerd!

I know right? And they said Half-Elves are useless.

>dat thiccness
>dem TITS
God almighty she can anschluss me any day of the week

the concept is better than the final product to be honest

so what's up with this lineage shit I keep seeing on my elf-pics? Some kind of game? Is it good?

Not really, but the elves are pretty

It is right that your homebrew setting have all the drow look like Syx from Mana World?

>all the drow look like Syx from Mana World?

Sorry but who???

The cancer that is killing elves. Please keep humans out of this.

Korean mmo

Not Really

Titty monster elves tho

And what exactly is the "cancer" seen in that pic? Looks just like a normal elven-human couple.

>Dunmer are whores and stupid

Don't forget they worship an overglorified dumbass spider.

are you stupid

That is exactly the cancer.

>t. dunmer

>too many grills

Fine, I guess I can dump a few male elves

Fine, here. This better? ElvesxCat People.

I didn't know I wanted smug elves in dress uniform

A standard Imperial Guardsman from Warhammer 40k. Isn't it obvious, I mean she's wearing green and has a lasgun. What did you think she was, genius, a damn dirty Tau?

I had some trouble figuring out how to include typical elves in my magic-less Hard Fantasy setting, as I wanted them to have some distinct biological features that would affect their behaviour in a way that sets them apart from humans.

By chance, I found an answer watching a short video about how caracals hunt: youtube.com/watch?v=V4e6PsA6mmI They have very sensitive hearing, and can turn and angle their ears to yet better detect sound. Wouldn't that be a good explanation for the elves' stereotypical big, pointy ears?

Why and where would they evolve such fine hearing, though? They could be nocturnal, and thus had to rely more on their ears than their eyes, hunting at night. Rainforests can be very dark on the ground even during the day, as little light filters through the canopy; visibility in cloud forests (tropical or not) is terrible as well.

Elves, thus, evolved as hunters roaming the rain- and cloud forest floors, inter-tribal sneak attacks yet intensifying the pressure to evolve excellent hearing. Some of them remained there, and went on to found Aztec- and Maya-tier civilisations, acoustics playing an important role in their architecture; others left their natural habitat, and migrated all the way to the poles. There, they were well-equipped to roam the taiga even in the dark of the polar night, and filled all kinds of niches from raindeer herders to ice-fishers.

When Man arrived from shores afar, the primitive elves of the plains and light woods in between were easily conquered and replaced; but in the cold north and the wet south, they yet survive and thrive, quickly assimilating human technology and innovations in statecraft to their ancient ways of life.

They are valued as alert scouts by humans exploring the unmapped depths of their continent, though their taste in meat of... just about any kind may be estranging to some.

Careful not to lose your head. :^)

Stronk elves are best elves.

no spess elves?

I smell Autism

If you're going to play the evolution game, you should decide how far back is their common ancestor with the humans.

Are they Hominids? Homo? Homo Sapiens?

Sure, but please not this crap.

Nein.

Why do you come into this thread if you don't like its topic?

I like that it implies that Elves evolved catching and devouring small animals with their mouths.

user, I just wana shit and see your reaction(s). That's all.

Would half-Eldar soul Belong to Rapegod or Big E?

> tfw the stench of arrogance fills the room
>emo af
>LARPing as immortal
>untold thousands of your kin slaughtered due to this unaffected ennui
>tfw

Doesn't matter, they don't exist.

Yeah, I know Its a sensitive topic for an autist EVDF warrior like you, but it clearly implies that IF t was possible. No need to sperg this 24/7, so cuck off.

Double postin? Why user?

EVDF?

>dat pic
>A standard Imperial Guardsman from Warhammer 40k.

So the Imperium Laser Rifle is now in the shape of a household vaccum cleaner?

Eldar Vagina Defence Force

It's really bad if you need to explain it.

looking dark elves with armor/clothing designed for hot climates, preferably desert-themed but not explicitly needed. if not that, then desert elves in general will do, but dark elves are the priority.

Maybe.

Timescales are one thing I have problems with in general, since I'm not sure how long certain features would take to evolve; and in cases where there are comparable equivalents in real life (like my mammal mermaids' adaptations to underwater life, drawing on cetaceans and sirenians), those seemed to take a few million years.
The common ancestor of my homo sapiens sapiens and these beings would thus have to go so far back that, while common ancestry and later convergent evolution may be enough to explain an overall similar physiology, I struggle to come up with reasons why, for example, their faces would have evolved to look so similar to ours as to still be attractive (at least on occasion)—unless I went straight for a more alien beauty instead (think Zoras from Zelda).

Good thing I haven't touched upon the creation myths of the setting yet. If all else fails, I can always fall back on some cheap cop-out like the planet being some post-post-apocalyptic future earth or terraformed space colony, and the humans of the setting being a biological relic that was preserved on some generation starship (muh twin paradox), but I would rather not.