Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1494: Tourists Go Home Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/K5ffsNCz
pastebin.com/ekLH6RRz
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/formal-complaints-hellsing-worm-quest.12786/page-5#post-2464887
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rolled 441 (1d816)

Reposting Exalted writefaggotry for Jump 45.

pastebin.com/K5ffsNCz

Kung Fu Panda is it?

Are there any cheap early chain ways to give mundane companions some useful powers?

How do I get the ability to burn more magic at once? I don't want a bigger mana pool. I want to be able to use more mana at once to take advantage of my infinite mana from the Third Magic ritual.

Jump #330: Ghost Rider
>The Fool, reversed: Apathy, negligence, and dangerous carelessness.
Aw, you're just saying that because I'm going full Nic Cage for funsies.
>Age: 22
>Location: A Crossroads
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Scraping at the Door... (+100), Demonic Disturbances (+200), Picture A Flamethrower (+200)
I'm not going to like the whole pissing fire thing, but... hell, I'm already pretty fucking metal thanks to Incredibles, so I'm going to take a video of me doing that while metal and put it on youtube. Just to see how many views I get. The whole demons-hunting-me thing, I'm less crazy about, admittedly... but I'll suck it up.
>Shadows on the Wall (Free, Drop-In)
Oh, I am going to have FUN with this. I'm going to have to meet someone in a funhouse and see to it that every mirror reflects a different alt form. Or better, walk down the street, and see to it that every light casts a different form's shadow.
>Prince of Lies (Free, Drop-In)
Well, this is already a known thing, but who am I to argue?
>I Have No Soul To Burn (1300)
With all the playing with souls that I can do, this seems like a very good idea, especially since I'll be going to places in the near future that can screw with my soul if I am not careful.
>Deal with the Devil (1000, Drop-In)
Oh, now this is nice. Transferring property, powers, intangible things... I wonder if I can get someone to trade away their hate toward something? "Here, kid, sign this and you'll find out that you LOVE the taste of brussels sprouts. Also I'll give you a dollar." "Gee, thanks, mister!"
>I Can Still See The Light (400)
This seems like a setting where this would be a very useful ability to have, and in fact is the only reason I took drawbacks. Though I had to shed a perk I wanted because I wasn't willing to endanger innocents. I already have plenty of holy magic, even augmented by other perks to be more effective, but being painful for demons to touch is amusing to me.

The Incredibles, Mob Psycho 100, and Dishonoured 2 come to mind.

Voldemort develops a healthy fear of fire and trenchcoats.

>Spirited (100)
Gotta get that force of will, if I hope to compete with the other Nic Cage.
>Special: Faustian Bargain
Oh, sweet, now my contracts are effective as retcons. The kid has ALWAYS loved brussels sprouts now.
Alternate ending: I don't want your soul, Peter Parker. I want your love. I want your marriage.
>Special: Saint
Okay, it's absolutely hilarious that I am now officially painful for demons to LOOK at. I intend to use this to my advantage. Frequently. I'm pretty sure this won't apply to any ghost riders, though, because spirit of vengenance as opposed to actual evil.
>Infernal Contract (0, Drop-In)
Snap my fingers, and poof! Contract, ready to go. I mean, I already sort of did this the long way with the cultists I keep getting from Creepypasta, but this makes it even better.

Day one: Wander about the city, watch some burning nutcase on a motorcycle tear up the city streets.
Day two: Meet said nutcase because it's gonna be fucking hilarious, while he's at the police station.

IT BEGINS.

Maoyuu Hero And Demon King has a perk that lets you expend all your mana into a spell to overcharge it. Final Casting i think it is.

Motorcycle man! You have a visitor.
>And just who are you?
Aw, c'mon, man! Here I've been looking forward to talking to you. It's like looking in a mirror, only... not.
>You're trying to mess with me, aren't you? Here's an idea, have you even been dragged to the fucking sidewalk and beaten 'til you pissed blood?
No, just fire. I go to the bathroom and just... picture a flamethrower. It never just goes away, either.
>What am I, a fucking retard, man? I know what this is.
Well, killing me won't bring back the god damned honey. Besides, what you're looking for is right across the border from Mexico, little town called San--
>Fuck Mexico. Someone's trying to kill me, man.
Well lah de dah, I thought everybody loves Ricky Santoro.
>That's not my name.
It's not? Well, shit. Uh. Cameron Poe! No? Balthazar Blake? Shit. Jack Singer? Jack Campbell? Jack Halcombe? Am I getting warmer or colder? Come on, throw me a freakin' bone here.
>Do... do you even know who I am?
Of course! You're a police man.
>What.
You're a vampire?
>Are you for real right now?
You're a prickly pear!
>Right, enough of this. GUARD!

I've got ten years of hamming it up and I am going to enjoy every last minute of being Nic Cage, mostly because I can use it to screw with Nic Cage.

>CP conversion option
Um, I thought the CP conversion was if you wanted a customized option that need more that the 1,000 points allowed per armor (or 2,000 on the one combined armor)?
Call Trisha lets you have more spare armor, it doesn't make the armor more powerful by raising the point cap the way Spinning Rims can.

Pandas are retarded animals.

Highschool of the Dead's Soldier capstone is "train anyone up to special forces tier (or decades of experience) in five weeks in basically anything you know. Basically Tiger Warrior Training Technique-lite. Grab a "you're an OPERATOR" perk earlier and become an operator among operators.

So what would happen if, in Warhammer Fantasy: Ogre Kingdoms, I got gutsy and tried to eat the Great Maw?

Captivity dulls the pressures that would otherwise inspire them to breed, I'm told.

They're not so different, them and I.

Where did it all go so wrong?

>The castle was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

How are you supposed to eat a living landform? Isn't that thing a tunnel through the planet the width of the Grand Canyon?

I didn't even ask the right question. . . whoops.
What I meant was something I could use to empower such mundane companions, I know about a number of good ways but not many that are available in low power jumps.

The Great Maw might not even be a 'real' thing. It might just be a big ass crater from a meteor Cathay stellar mages summoned to kill the ogres for being assholes.

Even so, the ogre worship has probably manifested it in the warp. Which means you're basically eating a minor chaos god. That's not good for you.

Is there any major lore difference between the nature of Personas in each game? I'm trying to decide if there's any point in taking Psychologist in Persona if I already have Awakening from Persona 5 and vice-versa.

>those bastards tried to accidentally kill my Harry! I was gonna do that!

>Harry's Patronus is Spiderman

I dunno, the Pilgrimage scenario implies a stomach and all, and from what I've found browsing the wiki and such there's enough of a SOMETHING there to make people freak out.

Plus, SOMETHING reacts to the Butchers and Slaughtermasters' offerings and Gut Magic. And even if it is just a giant Chaos God of Hunger, well... I'm still gonna eat it.

RULES OF NATURE.

Pandas are useless overall and if they died it would be better. It's a cruel fact, but there are many other critically endangered animals that play more important roles that need the money.

Nah. Patronuses have to be animals.
His would actually be Manspider.

See >the ogre worship has probably manifested it in the warp

Humans are animals.

Hence >Even if it is just a giant Chaos God of Hunger

>HPMoR flashbacks

And wizards aren't human. Your point?

[DEMENTOR GENOCIDE INTENSIFIES]

So what happens if, through perk-fuckery you destroy someone's Persona and it remains "dead"? Could they just make a new one? How would it affect their personality? What if you do it to yourself?

The giant toothy mouth in the ground is not for eating.

That's like trying to eat a Sarlacc.

Jesus Christ, he fucking wankery you just unleashed on SB. I hope you're proud.

[SMUGNESS REACHES PEAK LEVELS]

You should see the wankery I unleashed in a tissue last night.

Kind of yes, kind of no. In all Persona games, the Personas are a sort of psycho-spiritual defense mechanism. But what they're defending against varies depending on the theme of the game. In Persona 1 and 2 they're defenses against the human desire for self-destruction as represented by Nyarlathotep. In Persona 3 they're a defense against the knowledge of death's certainty. Persona 4 has them defend the true self against how identity is perceived by others warping it. And in Persona 5 they represent rebellion against oppressive and controlling society. Arguably they're all the same thing, and it's just the circumstances leading to their awakening that make them different.

They lose all will to live and enter a comatose state.

I don't believe you read me correctly, user.

So I'mma repeat.

I AM GOING TO EAT THE GREAT MAW

Wankery would have occurred either way user.

>They lose all will to live and enter a comatose state.
So killing the Persona might as well be killing its user? What if you destroy one of a Wild Card's sixteen? Does that still apply?

We've never seen that happen. Probably not, though, since a Wild Card can sacrifice their Personas to make new ones.

Wild Cards are special cases. They have a Persona that is theirs, but they don't have to keep it on them all the time. They can even fuse it with others and call their original Persona back up out of their depths.

Jump # 93 K-On
Background: Newbie (0)
Perks:
*Black Hole (0)
*Let me help you to my level (100, Discount)
*Fun things are fun (200, Discount)
*Beatles, Round 3 (300, Discount)
*Little Angel (600)
Companions
*Import X 4 (200)
Drawbacks:
*Little Miss Fanservice (+200)
*Legal Sibling (+200)

(I really know nothing here)

I don’t know how long it has been that I needed a vacation, That last world especially had taken a lot out of me. Funny that sometimes the worlds with the least fighting and overt threats drain you the most.

This was also one of few times in a jump that I had a sibling. A younger brother. He was lazy, a bit of a trouble maker but what can I say he was family. Despite all the times he tried to peak on my wives and our friends and despite his bad habit of swiping my money and things to use without asking.

Finding myself at an all-girls high school wasn’t bad really. My wives and I wound up joining the light music club (they literally begged us)

My wives had a mixed reaction to being in the club. Arcueid took it as a chance to laze about and screw around. Akitsu every trying to please me and the others tried hard, Tamamo was a natural at everything she did practically so she enjoyed the chance to show off. Yubel… knew nothing of playing music so at first she was frustrated and angry deciding music was stupid… It took some soothing of her ego to get her to learn with Yui from square one. Yui become sort of her rival… though it was a one sided rivalry.

(to be continued)

Updating build for MCU part two
pastebin.com/ekLH6RRz

Despite my skills at music I took a secondary roll trying to help the girls improve and working as a fill in when they needed it. I worked more as a manager.

It was fun hanging out with the girls, I introduced them to the rest of my companions (except Snowflame for reasons) I think all of them gained crushes on Adam Jensen.

As there manager and having the money to do so I made sure they had the best equipment and actually managed to book them for a few places outside of the school…

That was when I realized I was pushing things a bit to fast for them. They didn’t seem to be having as much fun as they had been. One of these days I will actually learn when to back off a little. I tried to let things progress more naturally after that which they appreciated.

All in all it was fun. Sadly short. I’ll miss the friends I made there and even my obnoxious little brother.

What are some good pricing schemes for sets of nine perks?

How strict should I be when ensuring that each perk-line has the same costs?

DO NOT.

it's pretty easy for jumper to eat a Sarlacc,you just have to rip it out of the ground first.
oh please, you know it's what the jump maker would do

Depends on how each perk compares to the others in its tree.

It's generally advisable to stick to the same amount of and "quality" of perks per tree, though if it's a problem, you can mitigate it somewhat by offer more items/table stipends/messing with origin costs/etc.

>What are some good pricing schemes for sets of nine perks?
Depends on the perks' effects.
You could do 1/1/1/2/2/2/4/4/4, or 1/1/2/2/4/4/6/6/8 or even 1/1/1/1/1/1/2/4/6/8.

>How strict should I be when ensuring that each perk-line has the same costs?
Very. If it's mechanically advantageous to pick a certain origin because it gives more discounts on higher tier powers, it's internally unbalanced.

I don't think really think that Red's goon should be offering jumpmaking advice.

>implying

>How strict should I be when ensuring that each perk-line has the same costs?

>Very. If it's mechanically advantageous to pick a certain origin because it gives more discounts on higher tier powers, it's internally unbalanced.
Valeria just made a jump with a Origin that cost 100 CP and have half the perks of all the other origins, including some that were free. And when someone brought up the issue got called a shitposter instead of agreed with.

So apparently no one really cares if the origins in a jump are balanced anymore, or more than one person would have called her on it.

Have you ever done any stupidly complicated projects? was it fun?

The origin also gives 400cp of free stuff though.

Medaka Box
Sonichu
Terraformar
Sword Art Online

At this point the thread pretty much just gives Valeria free reign to do whatever the fuck she wants. It doesn't help that she'll treat like someone like scum for daring to suggest she might have done something not 100% perfect.

okay so I wanted the decade lockseed, right? unfortunately the decade jump doesn't offer it and the Gaim jump doesn't have the movies as cannon, so first I use the adaptinator from Princess bride to adapt it into a video game . Then I used the Game Maker IX from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3 to turn it into a gashat then I use the flesh is strong from Hive Queen quest to create a tree that grows them,then I used will of the forest to make into a lockseed. I Would rate it a four out of 10 on fun.

200 CP of 'free' stuff (300 CP stipend that costs you 100 CP to take) when other backgrounds get a 2nd free perk, and 1,200 CP worth of stuff discounted. Which is a lot more free stuff.

Most anons have no clue what game balance and game design is anyways.

Are warstriders armor or just really short mechs?

Short mechs.

300cp then by that logic, as access to the golem forms for other origins costs an additional 100cp. And discounted stuff isn't quite free.

Can someone give me some examples of what you can do with Iterative Improvement?

Short mechs. The average one is sixteen feet tall. Though they're designed to function like armor in terms of enhancement magic, so (for example) any powers you have that boost your strength or whatever will boost the strength of the warstrider's artificial muscles, too.

that's kind of weird, neat but weird.

It's based off of Dauntless's powers, but without the need to spend the first twenty charges just making the item more durable. So let me get a link to a comment Wildbow made on Sufficient Velocity: forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/formal-complaints-hellsing-worm-quest.12786/page-5#post-2464887

So, which greek goddess is best to waifu?

They were invented by a civilization that had power armor before they had cars. First Age Exalted therefore had a lot of charms for augmenting armor and personal capability but not many for augmenting vehicles. Making the mecha capable of borrowing their powers was just easier than coming up with a new set of charms.

Persephone. But she's taken.

>Items require the charge that flows through him in order to operate. Someone couldn't pick up his spear and use it.
Ah shit. There goes the plan to give it to a companion to make equipment for me.

None of them. The only ones that aren't horrible people are also either sworn to chastity or already in relationships.

This thing is really coming together it's still missing Perks, Drawbacks, and End/notes but I think the custom starter supplement might be usable as is

There are ways around that. Like getting a companion that's part of your body like a Symbiote or Parasyte or Black Blood Weapon.

Yo bitch-ass is still chippin' away at this, huh?

Eris.

Ah, but is the Greek Myth version or the Billy and Mandy version better?

PEOPLE ASKED FOR IT

I'm not even planning to use it

You're like SJ-Chan if she was barely literate.

Pic related.

There are, like, two people in Greek Mythology who aren't a shit. Last I checked, she wasn't one of them.

Cool thanks for that, but do you think I could enchant a ring to make the wearer stop aging or give them good luck?

Wow. Are you still trying to pose as Cataquack, even after he came here and told people that you're full of this? After trying to stir up SB controversy by asking what it is, and then having another user come and show us that Cataquack is FROM SB? I'm not sure if that's dedication or just pathetic. Probably both.

Since we're talking a Waifu, the Billy and Mandy Eris is probably more attractive. I don't remember the original being terribly fetching.

Disregard shit gods acquire Medea waifu

*Full of shit.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure this guy never tried tried to pose as Cataquack, so much as people just misinterpreted the conversation chain independently.

Probably. Both are things that parahuman powers can do, so even if we're assuming that the power never expands the scope of its abilities and just the raw power it should be possible. Plus, you can actively decide what powers your gear receives instead of letting the power decide like Dauntless is forced to do, so customization would be much easier for you.

I don't know much about Worm so I've got a (probably dumb) question. Can you give Tinker stuff to other people? Like if you're a Tinker and you give somebody something you built could they use it? Or is it too complicated?

>God of War
IS there ANYONE in that setting who isn't a shit?! Like, people talk about setting Twilight on fire, but GoW makes more sense for that desu.

The Billy and Mandy version is pretty much the Discordian version, and the Discordian version is the Greek Myth version, but it turns out that she's a more of a lovably eccentric madwoman who was misrepresented by silly mortals over that whole golden apple thing.

That pic is fake, if it wasn't Kratos would let himself be crushed, he is a masochist.

They can use it, but they usually can't repair, reverse engineer or maintain it.

They can use it, but Tinker-built stuff tends to break down or malfunction without regular maintenance. And this is crazy clarketech stuff, so when something goes wrong, it has the potential to go REALLY wrong.

>costs you 100
But it doesn't? You get access and the stipend for free. The others get a second free 100cp perk, not very good and no more free stuff. Discounts are not free stuff.

There's also the Webmage version, but I don't think you can companion her.

>And discounted stuff isn't quite free.
Every other origin has an entire second perkline. A 2nd 100 CP perk, free. and being able to get 1,200 more perks for 600 CP. AKA 700-300=400 More effective CP than the golem background.

That is without considering the Golem perks are all one trick pony stuff. The Prince has more variety with stuff like leadership perks and then also the curse to protect against being stole from and avenge your death. The Golem capstone is a copypasta of one of the golem body options. Two different Golem choices that do the same thing. Valeria just phoned that origin in and is to much of an ass to admit it is not equal to the others as is.

Huh. Looking over the thread, I think you're right. Never mind, I guess.

Yes, though Tinkers do tend to get the best performance out of their own gear just because the interface is more intuitive to them. Additionally, non-Tinkers have a great deal of trouble maintaining and repairing tinkertech, so they'll be coming to you constantly. This is one of the restrictions that goes away post-Jump, though, along with other people not being able to understand your technology, so it won't be a problem in the long term.