/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kobold Edition: How do you like your Kobolds? The small City Kobold? The Common Cave Kobold? Or the Rare Demensian Kobold?

The Voice of /pfg/'s Waifu: soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlIFBhcnR5IGJ1dHRzIGhlYWRzIHdpdGggdGhlIFBhdGhmaW5kZXIgU29jaWV0eS4gQWxzbyBHaG9zdHMuIA==
alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBQYXJ0eSBtZWV0cyB0aGUgV2hpc3BlcmluZyBUeXJhbnQi
alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlcmUncyBhIEJvbWIgaW4gdGhlIFRoZWF0ZXI=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Kobold Edition: How do you like your Kobolds? The small City Kobold? The Common Cave Kobold? Or the Rare Demensian Kobold?

I despise Kobolds for being a low-CR trash race that somehow gained a following almost purely on the hopes and cum-soaked dreams of furries, projecting nerds and contrarians.

I still can't believe people think that scalies would make for good PCs in serpent's skull of all APs.

Whats next? Some Succubus obsessed Lesbian in Wrath of the righteous?

>how do youl like your kobolds
Ripped apart by the trained wardogs I keep chained up next to my stockpiles or knocked into a cage trap for use as target practice for the militia.

My current GM is using Caroline and Justine from Persona 5 as NPC tokens.

A few scenes later, the GM also transported us to a prison cell in another, mysterious plane of existence.

Said GM supposedly has not played Persona 5.

The last one, of course

We were on page 6.

P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E

Demesnian kobolds are the best.

Short tail clan the best.

Ya'll are straight garbage.

This.
Dwarves for life motherfucker.

How does one make a great dwarf martial?

Edgy as fuck dude

>I saw one interpretation of a thing once in my life
>therefore it must always be like this, ALWAYS

What are some good items to make up for a bad Will save and a low Wis?

PLD - In Vult We Trust

>While Sigmund bravely (and foolishly) risks his life on his own, the others recover at the Martel Estate
>Gloriana is tripping hard on corruption, and wnts sum fk
>But they need to find out what these dastardly Martels know about what happened
>She pretties herself up in a nice dress and pays Lysander a visit, ostensibly to get a helper for social combat
>Life’s rough without your Cashmere ;_;
>Being the masculine man he is, Lysander sleeps in the nude, and answers the door in the nude too, lance on full display
>Glorianalike.png
>After much flirtation and Lysander’s own prettying up, they’re ready to confront Dina Martel
>They find her in the study, but she’s besotted, inebriated, and hammered to boot!
>Things get way hotter and heavier than they should because of the heinous influence of corruption
>Before long, Gloriana and Dina are making out and Lysander has been unceremoniously kicked out to wait his turn
>You’ve seen the logs; you know how this goes.

An ill tempered little man wearing chain mail, a horned helm and a necklace of elf ears. He runs around waving a battleaxe around and constantly goes "muh ancestors".

Okay, so making that duelist type martial now. And now I want to use Olgierd's image for that character.

>Meanwhile…
>Lysander wanders about drinking until the rescue party led by that suspicious Logan returns
>And they’ve got Cashmere with them! And she’s…pregnant?
>And Sigmund definitely got killed by the monster.
>Press F to Pay Respects
>Cashmere remains delirious, and gets turned over to the care of Nan, the Martels’ kindly old nursemaid.
>Lysander is vaguely snarky towards Logan, and eventually decides Bon-Bon might let him smash, so he heads her way
>Bon-Bon also kinda wnts sm fk, but she’s busy mending her clothes in the meantime
>Lysander goes to her quarters and they have a totally serious conversation about how someone had Sigmund killed and wants to finish the job. >They don’t even kiss!
>They resolve to check on the others and get to the bottom of this mystery
>On their way to interrupt Gloriana’s LOGS, Bon-Bon and Lysander are apprehended by Nan, who hauls them off to chat with Cashmere
>For Bathtime with Cashmere, subscribe to our LOGS channel
>Thanks to dark gifts from one of the False Gods, Cashmere has recovered from her shattered psyche unusually quickly.
>Bon-Bon adamantly refuses to learn how to say Downefyren (Downefreyneyen, Downefreen, and so on.)
>Bon-Bon and Lysander crack wise for awhile waiting for Cashmere to get ready to see them
>Cashmere gets excited because she expects Gloriana and Sigmund
>But it’s just these other jerks
>They talk about the death of Sigmund.
>Cashmere realizes what the others suspect
>There’s foul play at work, and they’re all in danger!

Oglierd is an excellent character to art!

>Suddenly, the sky grows dark, despite being the middle of the day
>Something has obscured the sun, and shadowy darkness has begun to cling to the windows of the manor like droplets of paint
>Strange monsters begin rising from the floor, barely larger than toddlers, with unblinking spheres of white for eyes, hunched over in seeping blackness that seems to ooze from their bones and melt into the floor.
>When they open their maws, wretched flesh stretches around them in a fang-filled circle
>The Three Nightwalkers fight their way past legions of the hideous creatures, across halls and down stairs, until they reach the study where Lysander left Gloriana
>Gloriana’s tied up and broken, Dina’s half-naked, and fell magic is being unleashed
>Lysander leaps into action, and both he and Dina disappear on contact! Into the Tome? Into a parallel space beyond the Veil?
>For more of Lysander’s adventures beyond the Veil, subscribe to our LOGS channel
>Gloriana is laughing like a maniac, with black tears streaming from her eyes
>Cashmere asks her if she’s alright, and frees her from bondage
>Gloriana goes on a demented rant about being sisters, twirls Cashmere around like a small child, and asks her when her babies are due
>Bon-Bon enjoys the newer, funnier Gloriana immensely
>In between musings upon whether Sigmund could scratch her itch if he were there, eating Dina’s heart, and trying to convince her husband to marry Cashmere too, the (relatively) sane Nightwalkers manage to bamboozle Gloriana into healing her own corruption, restoring her sanity
>A touching reunion follows in which Gloriana weeps at Cashmere’s state and begs forgiveness for failing to stop the Manticore
>The girls, reunited at last, hurry back upstairs to get their equipment.
>Cashmere uses her conjured zombie minion to carry the Tome
>The presence of the Tome repels the lesser beasts, as they cower in fear at its passing.

>What are some good items to make up for a bad Will save and a low Wis?

Lots and lots of Night Tea.

Cloak of Res, Wayfinder with Loun that prevents mind effecting abilities.

>Gloriana finally gets the news about Sigmund. She resolves to kill those responsible.
>The Tome begins levitating away from them, pulling the minion with it before Gloriana strikes it down
>The Tome persists in its flight
>Thinking quickly, the Nightwalker girls grab a bedsheet, chase the Tome down the hall, and capture it within the sheet.
>Bon-Bon volunteers to carry the bundle at great personal risk.
>The Nightwalkers approach a commotion near the main entrance, as Logan, the sullen thug for the Martels, argues with a mob of people who appear to have battered the door down, as well as a mysterious, sarcastic old man.
>Logan is brandishing Sigmund’s rifle at the people outside.
>The distraction allows the Nightwalkers to get all the way down the hall, five or so feet from Logan before he realizes they’ve arrived.
>Logan waves the rifle wildly at the Nightwalkers.
>Our heroines entreat him to work together to survive the Tome Manifestation, to stand against the Darkness, and to return Sigmund’s rifle.
>Logan is unconvinced.

>Before long, Gloriana and Dina are making out and Lysander has been unceremoniously kicked out to wait his turn
>You’ve seen the logs; you know how this goes.

How DOES it go?

Olgierd is a handsome, charismatic bastard.

>His pal secretly resolves to turn his coat and help the Nightwalkers because they’re cute and persuasive, plus his bosses are seriously nuts
>Suddenly the old man calls Logan out for working for Dina, who has been working serious dark mojo, and more importantly, calls him out for killing Sigmund
>Gloriana is livid
>Cashmere tries one last time to ask Logan to comply, and then suddenly attempts to use Command to force Logan to drop the weapon
>It fails, and he opens fire on Gloriana once he realizes what they’ve done
>Battle is joined!
>Logan’s pal betrays him and joins our heroines
>Righteous Indignation just doesn’t seem to cut it, as this local Nightwalker is, to all appearances, fucking invincible.
>Eventually Bon-Bon gets the Tome to the mysterious old man, who conjures a strange beast clad in ornate golden armor from within the tome, and disappears himself!
>Can our heroines defeat the vicious Logan? What is this mysterious creature clad in golden armor? Will Bon-Bon ever learn how to pronounce Downefyren? Find out next week, on PLD!

Use it! Become the Faustian Swordsman you were born to be!

/u/ and /an/

Why feel sympathy for mere vermin user?

Kobold's are thieving pests. If anything you're doing them a service by having them contribute to the health of the settlement by feeding it's hounds and aiding the militia in preparing for *actual* threats. In doing so the kobold accomplishes something far greater than just sitting in a dusty pit in the ground lined with stolen trinkets.

Gloriana gets BORKED.

>I saw one interpretation of a thing once in my life

Excuse me? Kobolds being filthy worthless sword-fodder with delusions of grandeur is the norm. Your pretty picture of them being this cunning race of proud, misunderstood industrialists is an absurdly idealized vision of what they are popularly portrayed as being.

where is this "log channel" and how much for a subscription?

>m. Your pretty picture of them being this cunning race of proud, misunderstood industrialists is an absurdly idealized vision of what they are popularly portrayed as being.
You mean how the were portrayed back in Races of the Dragon back in the day?

I guess he never saw it coming.

Well since PLD posted their green text. might as well do Dragon game 1 from yesterday.

alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlIFBhcnR5IGJ1dHRzIGhlYWRzIHdpdGggdGhlIFBhdGhmaW5kZXIgU29jaWV0eS4gQWxzbyBHaG9zdHMuIA==

>complaining about anime OPs
>when the current thread, which was made at page 8 like a reasonable thread, isn't anime
>posts a shitty off topic Kobold General, that is just thre different images slapped together, probably by said shit OP
Congrats, you're just as cancerous as Kitsunefag!

You're using that wrong

It should be someone saying 'Its not like we're going to fight the pathfinder society' and then 'THE GANG FIGHTS THE PATHFINDER SOCIETY'

TSS Kobolds are now a choice between +DEX/INT and +CON/CHA. No penalty.

Make of this what you will

How do you build him?

Fetishes

-10 HP

Impeach Glittergold, Kurtulmak did nothing wrong!

Also, anyone got the backstory lore on Kobolds in Golarion, all I have is the small blurbs in Kobolds of Golarion, and that shit is bare-bones

Also fuck you OP, this shit general is equally cancerous as the early Anime OPs

No.

Kobold Hawkguard Warder x Eldritch Archer Magus?

What is TSS? Also, they need a -Str.

Urban Druid who took the Feather Subdomain

There's already a Kobold Hawkguard, but the other half is a Vizier. Take that as you will.

Hmm, Wayfinder + Clear Spindle provide protection, which is a double will save, the second at +2. As well as a +2 of the same type as the cape versus the mind effects.

You must make fun characters.

Here's an example,
>Golly gee, gang! We've been exploring Gallowspire all night for that artifact for the Aspis Consortium!
>I know right? It's been a real bitch, but at least we haven't ran into anything dangerous!

alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBQYXJ0eSBtZWV0cyB0aGUgV2hpc3BlcmluZyBUeXJhbnQi

It will never be enough.

I have literally seen this attempt in practice. Your character will get fucked even by the simplest fear aura.

What's the latest news on Spheres of Might? Is it good?

Well GOOD, that's great. That means you can make the backstory that suits you. Not bound by terrible writing bullshit for the GM and other players to go autistic about

Its being scrapped and reworked from the ground up. Martial Focus is on the chopping block

My character will refuse to cheat on his wife!

Lookin' rough, falling into the "do more damage" pitfall do to creative bankruptcy and lazy design. With it looking like it's not going to get better anytime soon.

That being said, the project (google docs) hasn't been updated in a while so they may be talking about reworking the living hell out of it.

What spurred you to say that, user?

Indeed... Presently at +4, 1 of which is from the cloak.

Probably invest in the WF+Clear Spindle. As it would give me a +5 and +7 Will save.

The group has an NPC crafting pet, so eventually I can upgrade the cloak, but for now... (We're 7, the companion is thus 5.)

YES

But source needed on this information.

Does any kind of DR help with falling damage?

Get a luckstone or a lucky horseshoe. But I can only promise you that it won't be enough.

To test shit out try simulating your lvl 13 character in that scribbler encounter from RotRL and see if you can contribute past the first round.

user, martials NEED to do more damage if they want to be relevant.

>implying you shouldn't steal what you want, emphasise it, and run it past the DM
A place to start is always fun.
Even if it's surrounded by grey canon and >implications

Tourettes

How do we even know SoM does too much damage?

Most martials do enough damage, but to be fair that's because most martials are locked into 2-3 builds using basic paizo. What would be more useful would be to get more utility, like, you know, a Wizard - Having access to half of the spells on the Wizard list as class features would make most martials leaps and bounds more viable.

I hope you stay faithful, and she loves you to the end of your days!

No they don't, a good martial already does enough damage to 1 round a CR= encounter

Which books am I looking for to learn about Tian Xia? Is there even enough content to run a campaign in it?

>The party after doing some reasearch into "The Knave". A creature that can possess people and completely change how they look to suit its needs, decides to follow a lead.
>Track down the dilapidated theater house which belonged to a gentlemen who wrote a failed play about A Knave who defeated a dragon.
>Connections maybe?
>They think that The spirit of the bad playwright is The Knave trying to recreate his play.
>They approach, the door opens for them. They enter the door slams behind them... because something fell on the door.
> Atolm is spooped. He doesnt trust anything he cant reduce to ash.
> They do a little searching, Find a painting. It screams at them. Atolm and Celisse are super spooped. Freyda had detect magic up and sees that it was just an elaborate Alarm Spell.
> They move forward more brazenly, seeing as whoever put the alarm knows they're there. They bust into the main theater hall. A drumroll sounds, A spotlight shines and a figure spins into centerstage.
>Its a roguish looking woman with six rapiers and a monocle, she ties to do an elaborate introduction... when she kinda deflates when she sees the party. The mood broken she calls in her allies and introduces herself.
>Anne Hathoway, Member of the Pathfinder Society... and friends. They've been investigating The Knave too... mostly because of The Party's exploits and the fact the Knave's recent possession, Sir Cross, tried to implicate The Pathfinder Society in stealing gold from a Dragon Hoard that was locked down by Taldor's rulers.
>That said they're much more interested in "The Knave" because the way it possess people and how strong it is means its not a normal ghost... plus there's these new diplomats from a land that exists on no map, who look exotic and almost draconian (Take a guess.) Not to mention the historical finds one could make in a dragon's hoard once its finally made public, or after the shares have been divvied up by the noble families.

I want to _pat_ that kobold on the head.

Again, how do we even know SoM does too much damage?

Isn't SoM stuck with dogshit attack actions?

>Which books am I looking for to learn about Tian Xia?

Dragon Gazetteer. That's it.

Well, there's also stuff you can glean from the Jade Regent books and maybe from the Ruby Phoenix Tournament module, but Paizo really really really doesn't give two liquid shits about an entire continent of kingdoms they've already name-dropped.

Allow me to repeat that to everyone here. Paizo would rather expand on the nature of gender politics and the Not!Underdark of their setting than actually give us information on an entire continent.

The key thing is that a bunch of SoM stuff adds extra riders to the generic attack action, and you can stack all of them.

Separate from that, Alchemy sphere in particular lets you do absurd amounts of AoE damage at low levels.

Do you want to pet my gnolls user?

YES!

>at low levels

No way dude, Cluster Toss and Swift Toss get even better at level 10.

this guy gets it

I never said you can't take inspiration from somewhere.

Guoh's racial designs is probably the one best for this, and I'm talking purely in objective design art. Before doing erotic shit he at least makes something believable and good.

is eldritch heritage worth taking for a wizard? I feel like it'd be pretty good if you have a high charisma.

sorc vmc is generally better

>Is there even enough content to run a campaign in it?

There's enough information on the Successor States to warrant a Romance of the Twelve Kingdoms campaign where everyone plays a champion of their State in Musou-style warfare.

> After the two groups discuss their intentions; they decide, with some silver toungery by Zev the dragon maid, to co-ordinate their respective investigations, so no one is tripping over each other...
>As a token of good faith, they share some info about anything.
> the party asks about The playwright and his possible connection.
>The Pathfinders inform them that The playwright is alive and well, Apparently while he's not good at Iambic Pentameter, he's good at creating musicals and opera. and has a healthy career in Cheliax.
>The pathfinders' question. "What and where is the Demesne?"
>Cutting really close there.
>Decide to give 'em a little. "The Demesne is where we live and can be accessed by two locations that will remains secret because those locations ain't worth the info you gave us."
>She says its cool, she'll probably find out on her own anyhow.
>By the way was that your guy's alarm spell?
>What Alarm Spell?
>Do you smell sulfur?

alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlcmUncyBhIEJvbWIgaW4gdGhlIFRoZWF0ZXI=

Even just simple skill skipping shit.
>Watch thing, know resistances/immunities
>Have-to-land-or-fall-Flight speeds
>Fighter stronk, remove buffs with stab
>You see ivan, if you hit asleep/charmed/dominated/etc. ally, they are get new save with bonus because FUCK MAGIC
>Hit fireball to stop it, sword now on fire/glowing red
>Hit wizard trying to teleport, slam them ten feet to the side upon landing, watch them take damage from shooting out of the wall
Heck, even just DBZ hitting people through walls power.

whats vmc stand for?

Variant Multiclass

Rolled 18 (1d25)

ignore this

there's no secret log channel... is there?

I wish my waifu felt the same , but she's a vicious slut! A SLUT!

Jesus Christ keep that thing away from a Gnome.

PM me and I'll make your wildest dreams come true, user

we ended the session sprinting out the theater screaming "Run like a little bitch!"

I hope they share the Dragons 2 logs if so

Flipped through two books looking for it, but eh. I don't even have to.

There's one coming up in the path that the character is actually in, where it will need to make a DC20 Will save against an encounter.

Which is unlikely. 16 or better on a d20. And I know that will only get worse.

The luckstone is a solid item, outside of being well beyond my current funds. And really, only adds an extra +1 to the save in question.

That Lucky Horseshoe looks to be a much more affordable version that covers the save aspect, and has that 1/day option.

But user I am not done designing them

But what about Temeria?

But user, cool dragons don't look at explosions!

You sure you wanna see the logs where Rory and Mei get date-raped?

How should an LFG be executed for a game intended for a short run? Something in the range of 3-4 months? Any differently from the usual other than making the timespan clear?

Yes.

Okay!

Too bad, I'm not sending the logs to you. Rory took the brunt of it though

Character development is expected to happen