Konflikt 47 General

Special "Has anyone played it?" Edition

Model Gallery
warlordgames.com/konflikt-47-awesome-gallery-summary/

It looks cool, World War II with mechs, zombies, werewolves/bears/bats, robots, and buckets of infantry.

Dust seems to have pissed everyone off since that kickstarter fiasco, and I don't know where else to get the alternate history WW2 fix. (Also Dust had odd looking models half the time).

I might try out a demo game next week, does anyone have experience with it? It looks to be an expansion of Bolt Action, but I hope it can be played standalone, since I have no interest in traditional historical wargames.

Saw this at my LGS. Thought it looked interesting but I haven't played it yet.

Is it fairly new I guess? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of models that I can find, or at least all I can find are US or German faction models. Kind of interested in what the Soviets bring to the table. I like their little Cherno Alpha lookin dudes

I think it's less than a year old. I'm interested in the Soviets as well, but their mech selection is limited to two choices I think. Maybe it's a design choice, and they rely on troops more?

But hey, bear-infantry, nuclear siberian stalkers, and steroid-infused superwomen all sound like a fun day in the sun!

It's basically Bolt Action, though I've never had experience with it. If you do have a demo game, report back because I got a few dust minis that need a purpose other than collecting dust.

its great. its based on a variant of the first edition of bolt action and its made by the same guys. all the units from bolt action are playable in this. when my group got into it we basically just started playing BA at the same time.

Do you need to bring in stuff from regular Bolt Action, or can you focus exclusively on 47? The BA range seems...vast...and I don't really know where to start with it.

These guys? They look like stealthy shock troops.

>konflikt 47 general

Why? The game doesn't even get talked about in /awg/. By the way the models look like shit.

I want to start out but every faction has their own unique units wich look really cool. HELP MEH PLEASE

It looks like a shittier version of Dust Warfare.

Just collect the models you like. It's unlikely you get to play the game anyway, but you can use the models in other projects.

The army lists are really flexible, so you can easily go full power armour and mechs if you want. I prefer to mix the BA and K47 stuff together myself, but hey, it's your dudes, so more power to you if you just want to play with the super-science stuff.

It's done by Warlord games, the company that shat out gates of andorra, game that makes mantic's sci-fi offerings look exciting, of ocurse it's shit.

actually its done by Clockwork Goblin, Warlord only sells it since its based upon their Bolt Action rules set.
All K47 minis that aren't regular ww2 things are not by Warlord.

Tried Dust and AT-43 back in the day. They weren't anything special. Dust is on its way out after the Kickstarter was so fucked that LGS won't even carry the product. Direct sales only is a shit model.

What's so bad about it? It's a casual game, with potentially swingy turns.

Dust has amazing models and innovative gameplay. It's only problem is that it belongs to Paolo "The Insufferable Cunt" Parente. Konflikt just looks like they tried to make a ripoff but didn't have any artistic vision, good sculptors, and, ironically, perception of history that is crucial for any "weird war" game.

this, the mech feel really uninspired and prices are GW tier.

Dust had generic mechs that were just re-used from AT-43, badly sculpted soldiers and shitty pinups.

Historical accuracy isn't what I'm looking for, so I don't care if this tank had two hatches or three in my game with WW2 werewolves and zombies fighting robots. Your mileage may vary.

>perception of history that is crucial for any "weird war" game
I am glad that someone else agrees with my. While I don't think that it is neccesarily a rip off of Dust (Other weird war games exist), Konflict is certainly uninspired and the devs get pretty defensive if you point anything out to them.

Should add: why support a shit company with a dick at the helm over a newer one that seems to really care about its community?

And by the way, I don't want to sound like a moralfag, but this shit is way too far.

I dont get it

I can understand playing historical wargame and stuff, but making a unit of zombie GULAG prisoners is pretty fucked up. And I've seen people that actually don't want to play the game because of it.

It's wierd war 2, zombie nazis, SS she-wolves and soviet experiments are part of the course.
And soviet russia did conduct medical experimentation in its gulags. (though I admit the faction's representation might be a bit biased; where are the american soldiers inoculated with deadly diseases or the british dabbing in black magic?)

I understand not liking it, but you can always play regular Bolt Action in that case.

>This Warmachine shit is way too far. Making a unit of possessed-by-swords prisoners is pretty fucked up.

Can you distinguish fantasy and reality?

>This 40k shit is way too far. Making a unit of penal legion space prisoners is pretty fucked up.

>This Bolt Action shit is way too far. Making a whole playable army of genocidal maniacs is pretty fucked up.

why do people keep trying to make scifi wwii games but then fuck it up by making the troops look boring and the "tanks" look stupid?

There is a difference between portraying a warfare and making an army of zombie prisoners.

you are fucking retarded, just because they're from siberia doesn't make them GULAG prisoners

>Through a combination of espionage, scientific exploitation of prisoners, and defecting scientists, the Soviet Union gained substantial knowledge of the German super-soldier and genesplicing programmes and produced its own versions of DNA enhanced soldiers. In an effort to make soldiers immune to the cold, a method of making monsters out of men was discovered. With a form of anti-freeze in their veins, these ‘ghouls’ are immune to cold and fire and have a freezing touch that can cause immediate damage.

Sure dude, those are totally not prisoners.

>>Through a combination of espionage, scientific exploitation of prisoners, and defecting scientists
Seems to imply that they captured some german supersoldiers and experimented on them.

Anyways, I don't see what the big deal would be anyways.
Nobody batted an eye when Napoleon was represented as the Antichrist in Khaos 1795. Because it's speculative fiction.

And the soviets turn prisoners into superhumans instead of mass murdering them like they did IRL? How direspectful of history :/

When again did anyone field actual zombies in the real life WW2? Are there zombies in your family who got offended?
Do you not have a problem with the German Totenkorps?

How big is the typical army, and how long does a regular game take?

Are the starter kits just a small portion of what you usually take on the table?

One more question: what's the "theme" or playstyle of each army? From pics alone it sounds like US is elite infantry and mechs, British is expendable if expensive robots, Soviets are infantry spam, and Germans are all high tech weapons.