Tell me about your character's mother, Veeky Forums

Tell me about your character's mother, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=juWYhMoDTN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what my character wants to discover...

Dead and shit, sickness and starvation. Being a peasant usually sucks.

>tries to be hardcore
>uses hot fucking pink
>instead of literally any other colour in existence

Last memory of his mother, before he went off to become a soldier, was her being left catatonic and never really there since his father died.

She was a kind noble who worked to make sure her subjects were healthy and happy. She did not discourage her son from his love of acrobatics and finess fighting compared to his brutish brothers. It made it that much worse when the young boy watched her be flayed and piked by the now ruling demon who annexed his home lands.

Grimdark is usually how we play

She died during a minor plague and by minor I mean only Nurglings spawned.

Sounds like a dick, leaving his mother like that all alone.

>Tell me about your character's mother
Was born part of a Large Witch Coven. Sadly she had a strong Affinity for Good Magic instead of Dark Magic which was the catalyst for her decision on her life. Think of a nice person being edgy so she could fit in and suffering heavily for it.

Jesus Christ, does literally anyone have a good relationship with their mother here?!

A fisher, just like the rest of his family

She wasn't all alone, his brother was still there. The reasoning why he went off to become a soldier ties back to his father inspiring him to become a hero. If anyone had to be a dick in the family, that title goes to his brother. While he was away fighting for his sovereign, his brother made moves on his woman.

My characters mother was an overweening Mother, who married an elven Baronet. Her smothering of him led him to run off to the woods and finally to the edge of civilization. He makes paths in the woods for a living and is a damn good ranger... And con man when there's enough people willing to make a bet

She ran away before he was born. Tragic.

How much detail do you want? Because I could give you a LOT. Short version is "drow exile who died in childbirth".

Which one?

both

So I pose a question to all of you. Who is to blame?
>The brother that swept the Maiden away from the soldier
>The Maiden that did not remain faithful to the Soldier
>The Soldier that selfishly went off to become a "hero" instead of staying

What about
>The God that allowed this to happen

'twas the Father, who put such idiot thoughts in his son't head.

The King, Without whom there would be no war, and thusly the soldier would have no place to go.

She was a dwarf, daddy was an orc. Both died adventuring.

My characters adopted mother was his mom's cousin. Taught him everything about the forge. He still visits her grave every year after she passed away.

There is blame enough for all, but fortunately, there is also forgiveness, should it only be sought.

My character's mother isn't her biological mother.

My character's adoptive mother is a powerful witch who acquired a child, using illusion magic to lure off and kill the child's mother.

My character was raised believing that the adoptive mother did all she could to save her biological mother's life, but in the end could only save the child. She also believes her bio. father abandoned her mother.

My character's mother attempted to raise my character to be a powerful witch herself. My character has very little magical potential, however, and is a bit of a mess with regards to spellcasting.

My character was sent out into the world to grow stronger from experience, and do deeds in her mother's name to raise her renown. This is backfiring because my character ended up with a Lawful Good cleric and is slowly developing a conscience.

Why does everybody have their PC's mother as dead, dying or some kind of tragedy. Its so fucking cliché. Are you people incapable of playing with characters that don't have mommy issues.

Because normal people don't tend to become adventurers. I mean, obviously they can, but when you have ties to home that aren't broken for one reason or another, it's harder to up and leave to go seek fortune.

Lady of a prestigious noble house that had fallen on hard times. Married to my character's father, whose house had fallen on good times but lacked prestige.
She wanted the best for her children but was powerless in her home, and too terrified of her husband to do anything but entertain affairs with a servant or two in secret. Her fate is uncertain.

You can tell who actually plays tabletop RPGs and who doesn't by if their character's parents and extended family are dead or not.

Alive, they don't.

Dead, they do, because they fucking know what their GM will do the first chance they get.

She's a talented housekeeper and cook who dutifully birthed and raised 5 kids. She's a devout church-goer who prays for her adventuring heretic son who dared claim the head of the church should not be the head of the state.

Never knew her, ran away before he was born.

Is your character named Ashi by any chance?

>Why does everybody have their PC's mother as dead, dying or some kind of tragedy

In my case? My character originates my CHARNAME from Baldur's Gate, waaaaaayyyyy back in 1999, when I first played the game. After getting into tabletop D&D, I knew I wanted to play my character as I enjoyed her personality and such, but was sympathetic to the fact that most DM's probably wouldn't want me to play the half-deity child of Bhaal in their campaigns. So I came up with a more generic, mundane backstory that still incorporated some elements from Baldur's Gate, namely the "orphan raised by a foster father" (funnily enough given that I made her foster father an innkeeper I basically ended up stealing Imoen's backstory)

...and then I had to wait 17 years before I was actually able to play her. Sucks to be a Forever DM (qualifier: I did play tabletop games as a player, but never D&D. Whenever D&D came into my group's radar I was always the DM). Also I was different from most Forever DM's in that rather than come up with a million different characters, I just kept expanding on the one.

It was IMMENSELY satisfying to finally be able to play her in a 5e campaign over the course of 2016 and a bit of 2017

My other characters in other, non-D&D games actually tend to have both parents alive. But when given an open-ended "your character" question, I think of Iliira.

>Are you people incapable of playing with characters that don't have mommy issues.

Having said all of the above, Iliira doesn't have mommy issues. She never knew her mother, and you can't miss what you never had. When I was divorcing her backstory from Baldur's Gate, I was determined to keep angst to a minimum. Iliira had a basically happy childhood. Her primary sources of personality inspiration are Disney's version of Aladdin; Autolycus from Hercules and Xena; and Lina Inverse from The Slayers.

She was a typical mother of three, wife to an abusive husband we've all seen the story a thousand times.

>Is your character named Ashi by any chance?
Nope!

She was guard captain, as well as the father. She went on a revenge quest when pops got popped by some drow, hooked up with some faggot elf diplomat in the meantime and had the younger sister before faggy mcknifeears fucked off back to faggotland, then she died taking down the drow that killed the old man. They called her the Twin Scythe Terror, I call her a bad parent.

She was a ranger who ended up having a short fling with a local noble in their youth. She ended up quitting her job with the Rangers (this particular dukedom has them both as a class and an organization) and became a local healer so that she could remain in the city and take care of her son. When he got a bit older she pressed his father into making sure his bastard got a good education and was set on the right course for life. Said father went along with it since the bastard still is technically his oldest son and hadn't regretted it since, given that his trueborn sons run their territory while his bastard goes out and kills bandits, monsters, or just whoever's pissing off the locals today.

>She was guard captain, as well as the father.

This is the most amusing dangling participle ever.

I mean

I don't really mind if my GM fucks with my character's family. Gives some compelling story stuff to work with, provides interesting RP situations for the character.

Wizard Guard captains, am I right?

How is it a cliche when most adults DO lose their parents at some point in their lives? My mother's dead IRL, is that "cliche", faggot?

I mean, I would have assumed magic was involved anyway given that she apparently wielded two scythes in combat. But the fact that she was also the father clinches it.

Literally the Goddess of the Moon, like every other member of the party and his race.

They're not on good terms since in the distant past there was a big-ass war and we tried to commit joint matricide and deicide, but it's been like ten millenia since then and we have no idea what she's up to in the modern day, only that she has no clerics to speak of. Gaia is fucking dead, Luna is AWOL, and Sol descended from heaven and became God King Asshole in the meantime.

We'll find out what happened eventually. We're still not entirely in agreement vis a vis the deicide thing. I mean, how do you even make reparations for that? Talk about a fucked up family reunion.

Hahaha

That's if you have a decent DM that actually allows a chance to save or get them back. Also that's fucking cliche in itself as a cheap plot hook so get bent about not having one being a cliche.

mistype, father was part of the guard* as well.

Mythril sycthes, monkey grip feat, not that hard.

EVERYTHING'S A CLICHE, LETS ALL JUST STOP PLAYING. LETS GET A MEMO TO ALL THE AUTHORS AND SCREENWRITERS OF THE WORLD AS WELL, LET THEM KNOW THEY CAN STOP SINCE EVERYTHING'S BEEN DONE

SOMEONE HELP, CAPSLOCK IS BROKEN

Sir Arda's mother was a woman named Dorliane, and she was a paladin in service to Kord. Like mother, like son. Unlike son, however, she took the cult-standard "challenge any newcomers to the temple to a friendly duel" custom a bit too far and was knocked up by an aasimar fighter too cool to play dad or pay child support.

Years pass and she raised her bastard into a paladin of her own making (still in service to Kord) and send him off on his first quest to find his father and determine his eventual fate. Turns out, the lad's dad was a bard who really got around and Sir Arda got to play brother to all sorts of demi-human siblings, one of which was the hot sorceress he'd been chatting up for the past couple game sessions. To say the least, there were plenty of adventure hooks to be had and Sir Arda vowed that when he eventually found his wayward father, he was past due for castration.

Dorliane likes to wrestle and used to get a kick out of practicing her Intimidation skill on newcomers to the temple (to her chagrin). Likes milkshakes a bit too much and always regretted never having the physique to fit into "boob plate" armor (partially due to her love of milkshakes and because she rolled negative on the "avoid hitting a couple branches of the ugly tree" DC).

She wishes her son to find a shapely fighter or barbarian gal and make her a bunch of glamorous grandkids she can spoil. Secretly wishes to get boned by her patron deity and secretly loathes the bitch of an elf high cleric that got a piece of Kord's Greatsword of Poonslaying +5.

Also has a fondness for gnomish music. She never revealed why.

Yeah, actually, they were mythril. They both have Dancing on them, so she would use one while the other attacked on it's own, then switch when the effect was about to run out.

SIMPSONS DID IT
SIMPSONS DID IT
SIMPSONS DID IT

FRIEZA DID IT

My character visits his mother after every job and loves nothing more than eating one of her homecooked meals.

My PC wishes she knew who her mother was.
The mother wishes she's never had a kid. The thing has just so *unnerving*, it couldn't have been natural. Good riddance, really. Nine months of pregnancy for a thing like that!

If your Dark Heresy Untouchable had a loving family,
you're doing it wrong.

Drannec's family have been suffering under a recent famine, from two years of poor harvest. While Drannec has lost many relatives to the famine, her mother is still alive. But she's weak, and may be the next to go if Drannec cannot find out what is causing the harvests to fail. I haven't really considered Drannec and her mother's relationship beyond being part of Drannec's motivation for her quest.

Kim To is the daughter of a forest spirit (her father) and a minor river god (her mother). Kim's mother raised her in the Court of Heaven, and loved her, but as the 5th and youngest child in her family, Kim was doomed to find no respect among the Court. Kim became a trickster and prankster, against her mother's warnings. Kim's mother sympathised with her plight, but also feared where Kim's choices would lead her, fears borne out when Kim was finally banished to Earth for her troublemaking.

Garret "Thunderbolt" Kleine never knew his mother. He was orphaned when he was very young, and raised by the Order of Kayfabe as an apprentice. The monks and fellow apprentices of the Order became his true family. The Order's destruction at the hands of the Raw Knights drives Garret's quest for vengeance.

Buck Derrens is middle-aged, so his mother is either very old or dead. If she is dead, then I doubt her passing was particularly traumatic for Buck. In any case, she has little influence on Buck's current life, so I feel that their exact relationship isn't worth fleshing out.

Lerna Mills never knew her mother. She was found as a baby inside a magic block of ice, washed up on a beach. She was released by the scholars of a nearby school of magic, who became her guardians, raising her as an apprentice of magic. Lerna would like to know more about her past (especially her parents), but doesn't know where to start.

He hatched in a collective brood and soon after that he was given to a dragon king as part of a tribute. So he knows absolutely nothing about his parents :(

Daughter of a relatively wealthy merchant, went against her families wishes when she married his father, an innkeeper in a small town along her fathers trade route. She had bright red hair and a soft voice.

He doesn't remember much besides that, she died when he was still a young man and he's in his sixties now.

My kobold was born in the hatchery and didn't know his mother any more than anybody else in the warren.

Well then if everything's a cliche then actually come up with an argument instead of this bullshit "oh it's a cliche" then say it's perfectly fine for another cliche to be used.

She was an ice giant.

A loving mother who taught her son all she knew about her profession.Shes a stripper And despite having little to no money made all the sacrifices she could keep him fed, clothed and most importantly happy.

Go home Freud

>Well not my character's mom, but he's pretty mother related
My character's back story is that he cared for several elf mothers that were all put into slavery and forced to breed with Orcs, to produce super orcs.
Being a slave at the time, he was forced to tend to them while they were raped, and eventually die due to child birth.

Character's personally quest is to kill the Orc-Breeder matron. If I can get away with it torture, but we'll get to that and see if the DM lets that fly.

Happy mother's day!

A wood elf archer and acolyte of Sune. She lives alone in a treehouse and snipes orcs for a hobby.

Mothers Day bump

A security officer at vigil city who regularly patrols around the area where her son went to school. Perpetually wears sunglasses and cocks a shotgun once per conversation. Has a tendency of walking very slowly when leaving any distinct place in case of impromptu explosion. Has trained her son since the day he could walk to prepare for the skeleton invasion she believes has been threatening vigil city for years

LE paladin's mother is still alive, as is her father. She is a priestess of some good deity, but I did not determine much beyond that, given that they've cut ties.

Wizard's mother is unknown. She was a Sigil orphan, and the first regular parental figure she's known was a male wizard.

As for my post-apocalyptic characters... well, I have yet to play them. But since it's set in a world where all women died suddenly, their death is part of the background.
My character was a NEET living in the basement of his large family's house. One day, his sisters and his mom all died. So he assumed his father had killed them, and killed him. And then he went outside, and realized all other women were dead, too.

He comes from a culture were past a give age the mother of person becomes a non-influence most of the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=juWYhMoDTN0

He comes from a very powerful patrician family so his father casts a even longer shadow of influence over his life then what is in the video. A good part of his life was under hand picked tutors and staff. He even had a second father figure in his body guard till after 8 years of service he was kill during a failed assassination. That was at age 15 and he started to act out because of the hole it left in his heart.

That was how male dominated his up bring was.

No, I was being sarcastic, deriding the guy dismissing things for being cliche. As someone who loves stories in general, in all forms, I actually like cliches for the most part.

> Tell me about your character's mother, Veeky Forums.
She is also his wife and daughter.

She is a halv-elve, that was the result of a one night stand. She don't know who her father is. She married very early, after she fell in love with a noble fleet officier and she nursed after an infamous sea battle in the worlds history (Basicly Trafalgar but plus magic and shit). She is a very daintily but pretty woman and passed both of it to her son, that comes a lot more after her than his father. She is a pious woman that allways visits the church in the town her husband reigns over and the peasants know her for her kind nature. Despite her innocent look, she is, even if a more timid nature, not weak in any way and has and will manipulate peoble with cunningly to protect her famliy. Its rumored, that all her servants are in fact retired mercenarys and assasins. Also she is very good sewing and knitting.

What is a "mother?"

A farmer

At home governing stuff while he is outside killing stuff for his country.

She was a strong and hardy fisherwoman who, in time, ended up marrying one of her regular customers, a sheltered but charming scribe for the abbey situated on the nearby island. At first she thought he was some stringy and annoying fellow with more brains than sense. In time, she grew to appreciate the odd mannerisms and gentle nature that he had.

She was a woman of strong moral fiber, and wasn't afraid to stand up and say it. Despite age and wear, she never lost her spunk. At the age of 73 she was still carrying barrels of fish up from the abbey docks each and every day. The only one she'd let help her is her son.

In time, she had a child with her husband, at which point she moved to the abbey and took her fishing business with her. It was successful and a welcome addition to the community. Their son (the pc) had a good childhood, learning with his father how to be a good scribe and devoted worshiper. His mother taught him how to be self-sufficient and about working hard to get what you want.

In time, his father passed away, and his mother followed not long after. They were good people, and he remembers them fondly.

then your gm is a hack who cant write a story without making it a tragedy

She was never really a part of her life. As far as the daughter knows, mum's still ALIVE, but she walked off pretty early.

except that most adult don't (well not until way later in life) lost parents early on. Some do, but not the majority, like you proclaim.
Also you can shag off with your IRL bullshit. We are talking about a GAME, with made up people. You can be a IRL pile of shit excreted from a dog anus for all I care. If you can't justify your characters motivation to adventure without filling it with angst, your a hack/emo/punk.

are you a character in a d&d campaign.. Whoa, you must be a wizard cause this is some meta levels of magic here. Your probably a elf too.

My last character never met his parent. He was first raised by an uncle who liked not being tired down but he did like raising his notson! And right before my character left home he helped his uncle to settle down a bit.

The closes thing he got to a mother was a mystic woman who kept on running into the party. Who tought him how to things and they kinda flirted with each other.

She wasn't evil or didn't die at the end which nice. DM hinted that my character ended up with the mystic

My players play characters born from the fruit of the tree-like avatar of Naszum Varum, goddess of knowledge and ignorance.
They don't know this though. They just believe they are orphans.

She raised him alone, father was a deadbeat. Basically the only person in the world he was ever close to. She became ill and died while he was off fighting in WW1. The fact that he wasmt there to care for her haunts him to this day.

Bridgette Malone is a wonderful woman, happily married to her husband, Kelly. They live in a small apartment in upper Night City and are proud of their son Patrick for his success in the PMC, Strike Force Cobra.

Was murdered by a vampire when my character was young.

She died in a horrific mining accident. There was a cave in and while everyone survived the initial wall crashing down oxygen didnt last long enough for everyone to make it out.

She was a noble that ran away from home. She didn't be tied down to marry and deal with the burdens of being a wife and loved the tales of heroes. So she traveled as far as she could and lived a life of an adventurer. She eventually stumbled upon an orc fisherman. He was a simple orc who just wanted to fish and enjoy the beauty of the land. She decided to stay with him since she found it interesting that there was an orc who didn't want to rip and tear. In an interesting turn of events she joined the clan learning that while orcs are typically brutal their way of life is fascinating. She ended up with the orc fisherman so he would have someone that would stand up for him and they had three kids. Each grew up with the same love about hearing stories of heroes though

I never really thought about Nigel's mother. He's over 300 and hasn't seen her since he was maybe 7 or 8 so I don't know how much he would remember of her.

Ryan's mother is dead. She was a supportive woman and rather defferential to her husband which whims she raised 5 kids.

Ethel's mother is a bitch. Really both her parents are shallow noble assholes who abused and then neglected her.

Klaus's mostly remembers his mother as being put upon and overworked into an early grave, it's one of the reasons he's such a power and money hungry scoundrel.

I have no idea what Sou's parents were like other then that they were probably craftworld, not exodite and not dark eldar.

Soren Rybordo was a loyalist space marine who turned traitor and became a sorcerer so he quadruple doesn't remember his parents.

Ore's mother loves him very much and worries about him. She has a big heart and a caring demeanor with a strong spine. She does have a weakness for hobbies though which makes her less effective as a noble.

Johnathan Branston Brody's mother gave up on him when he started stealing and lying as naturally as he breathed and she realized he truly did Not give a fuck. Honestly that was for the best, any effort put into him at that point would have been better spent on her other kids.

Dem never really HAD a mother since she started life as the spirit of an abandoned mansion. But she later sort of adopted a goddess of love as a substitute parental figure and left to mortal plane to be with "the spider-mommy" after she discovered Ariadne had retired from being the goddess of love. Dem is something between a niece and puppy to Ariadne now and Dem couldn't be happier.

Cyberpunk 2020?

Yeah, my favorite system

My current character is an Elf who's over 200 years old. He remembers his parents with the same nostalgia as the rest of his people. They were a Tolkien-esque group of Elves who recently (in Elven terms) chose to return to their native plane instead of facing the evils of the fallen world.

His mother and father were both Wizards, as is he, and they sent him to a far-off land to study and bring back any knowledge he could that was unknown to Elves. He joined his mother's guild, the Order of the Sevenfold Veil, due to the love of painting that she taught him. Though his father was unsupportive of his choice to marry a Human lass and stay in Human lands for her, his mother kept in contact with him until the exodus.

They're all probably out there in the cosmos somewhere, so one of his long-term goals is to figure out where they went so he can planeswalk over for a family visit.

Well, right now she's a robot.

I'm still coming to terms with that. I bought her some music I know she likes and play it in the hanger for her. I like to think she can hear it.

We don't talk much anymore.

GM had her killed off to hype some shitty villain two campaigns ago.

Literally my first character design let me know how it is. My idea was a ranger like a Comanche warrior, mounted archery and lancing and a dagger for up close work

a wood elf mother raised him in her tribe, where he learned the secrets of woodcraft and was raised with the tribes view on the world. he realized he was half elf and asked about his father. she assures him he was a kind and gallant adventurer that stayed some time in the village to recover from wounds gathered from selflessly defending the village from an orc attack. this causes him to have an intense pride for his father and want to be an adventurer like him. this is what brings him to the game. his father in actuality is a cowardly and vain Noble that was injured falling off his horse near the village. as they tribes people tended to him, he seduces green hawks mother assuring her he'd take her to live as nobility with him, but left as soon as he could ride.

your GM sounds like a faggot

She died before my character was born

>inb4 a million greentext quotes

Long story short, time travel

Dead, the characters memory of her eaten by the creature that killed her. Basically think dream demon.

She's often busy killing orcs. I see her about once every three months

Boots' didn't grow up knowing his mother; his egg was stolen by a witch and he was raised as a slave.

The billionaire CEO of a multinational fashion/luxury goods company. Only stops by the house every few months, but spoils her kids to make up for it when she does. She tries really hard to be a good mom, even learning how to cook despite the gaggle of maids and servants around the house, but just doesn't have the time for it. At least her kids respect the effort.

Due to some complicated family politics, she's rivals with the CEO of the world's leading energy company, who cheated her husband out of inheriting the company. The hate-on rubbed off on my character, who was somewhat obsessed with trying to (eventually) retake the energy company, but had no idea where to even start.

Unfortunately the game's been on hiatus for a while, and looks to say that way for a while still.

One of the mountain refuges of the grey elves. Just another woman who calculatingly found a male who was particularly good at the arcane, and the two came to a mutually satisfying contract to have some children, share their research, and present the research to the Grey Lords. Like many marriage contracts among the Grey Elves.

She, like his father and the rest of his family, were some of the ones who rejected him when he found the ancient dark lore on becoming a Warlock- and decided to use that instead of research the arcane.

Mrs. Vroom works on a deck near the warp drive on an imperial battleship. She's part of a long line of toiling crewmen who call the ship their ancestral home. While her DNA is mostly fine, her kids' got a little twisted from the proximity to the drive and probably pic related.

He was trying to do the Gerard Way weird eye makeup from the early days