AoS- "Did I just fuck up?"

So, decided to try AoS after years of 40k.
Wanted to run Nurgle but either the sculpts are shit (daemons) or jew-tier expensive (rotbringers).

Hear everyone talking about how good sigmarines are. Three weeks later, have a shitload of them.

Try a 1200 pt battle vs Sylvaneth. Refused flank on a 3x3 table. First turn, my celestant gets popped by Kurnoths. Trees and forests teleport around freely, better mobility than I can ever hope to have. So they have better ranged than me, better tarpits than me, better mobility than me, the same saves as me due to buffs, and far more units overall.

Did I fuck up in my army selection? All I can think is that there wasn't a single thing my sigmarines could do that the sylvaneth couldn't do better.

Who wants to buy some sigmarines? I think I'm going to go nurgle after all.

A) who the fuck plays on a 3x3 table? That's asking to be immediately in range of kurnoth hunters, which are sylvaneths strongest unit
B) SCE are strong, when used right. Don't go in having no idea how they work, get your ass kicked and then just assume they are terrible. One of their biggest strengths is their allegiance abilities and relics. Their army wide ability allows you to deep strike your entire fucking army and not just wait a turn for your opponent to snipe you with arrows on a 3' board.
C) battalions are also good. Some get you really fucking close to your opponent to make him sweat, like the hammerstrike force, or are very completive, like the aetherstrike force.

There is a lot more than meets the eye with AoS. It's not just deploy 2 armies and clash in the middle.

Also this should go in the age of sigmar general. You are likely going to get a lot of trolling outside of it.

3x3 was all they had at FLGS, AND I don't mind trolling.

Getting close to the enemy does you no good if the're all in forests/woods and you lose 15% of your multi-wound models on the charge.

Add in their ability to teleport around the battlefield and constantly regen, and you have a force that's hard to crack the spine of.

I don't have much experience playing against sylvaneth, but ideally you want to be on a 4x6 table because spawning forests on a congested board is nothing but an advantage for them.

Really all this is moot if the only reason you are playing SCE is because you heard they are good. That's a pretty dumb reason to get into an army. You want to collect an army because you like their lore or the look of them.

If you find Nurgle more interesting then collect Nurgle. Rotbringers are some pretty beautiful kits and fun to work with. Team up with slaves to darkness, giving them marks of Nurgle, for more options and keeping your blightkings as battleline. However Nurgle is a tough army right now because they don't have their own battletome yet. But if you stick with it, you can get good at them and learn their strengths and weaknesses, same for any army, including SCE

>mfw reading AoS reports to get an idea of the 8th ed 40k meta

You fucked up on game selection.

You're a noob player. That's all. You can't expect to win games in army selection alone in aos. Playing more and gaining experience helps you along the way to become a better general. What do you have in your army so we can tell you what your are lacking

It's don't gonna help, bro. While 8e will be borrowing several elements from AoS, they are 2 different games with completely different armies and dynamics.

>I don't mind trolling.
I'm just saying you'll get more help there. You are more likely to get advice from SCE and sylvaneth players. Also the Age of Sigmar Fans Facebook group is massive and a really awesome help for stuff like this.

Celestant prime, celestant, dracoth celestant, castellan, relictor, 10 judies with bows, 10 libbies with sword and board, 10 libbies with hammer and board, 10 retributors incl 2 starsouls, 3 hurricane vanguards, a couple of dracothians (unassembled) and a dozen prossies with twin hammers.

Yeah, I agree that the table was way too small, plus it started with two woods on it already.

Reading some more about the sylvaneth, I also think he wasn't right in some aspects of his force. Remnants teleporting at will instead of rolling dice, for instance.

I should also point out that rumours of their being competitive was icing on the cake, I really like the models and lore. But after 15+ years of nid baby bug swarms, scout-heavy marines and Tau gunlines, I wanted something that played differently. His big advantage was much better ranged damage and shitloads of mobility.

>Nurgle

worst god pls go and stay go

>jew-tier
sigh

Blightkings are AUD$98 a box (USD$73) here and I'm pretty sure that bulk shipping doesn't cost an extra $18 US. That's pretty fucking Jewey in my book, even by GW's shitty standards.

Good Goy.

>being overpiced = jewish
the führer would be proud of you, guys

>implying that Jews don't have thousands of years of history as coin clippers, usurers, currency manipulators, and all-round shady fucks

careful lad. Facts are offensive now

You can't actually offend Jews as they're soulless, non-human psychopaths with zero empathy.

But they're very good at feigning offence and outrage to socially manipulate goyim.

please quantify that in relation to overall jewish population.
>inb4 100%
please use verifiable sources and please let's make sure that we eliminate all false claims by people who want to use jews as scapegoats. as there is a centuries-long history of non-jews doing exactly that. also please quantify it similarly for other groups for comparison.

damn, i am triggered so hard by this, you wouldn't buh-lieve it, adolf

>Playing sigmarines
yep you aer a faggot

But you're the total free thinker believing infographics on the internet kek

I don't think 4chin is the website for you, faggot.

Just play 40k you numbskull.

Look up aether strike force if you want to cheese with Stormcast.