ITT: Beast races

we really talk rarely about them. i wonder why?

Because of furfaggots

Furfags mostly.

Or no. Entirely because of furfags

Because HURR DUUUR FURRRRRIES BAAAAAD

so basicly: "I dont like X (anymore) because Y likes it / because I can easily associate it with Y"

..do we not? Just because we don't have a general doesn't mean they're not discussed.
Hell, yuan-ti are just snek beastfolk and they have a thread up right now.

If you wanted to talk beastfolk then you could have made a thread with an actual topic instead of just being a wet blanket and moaning about it.
Without capitalising your sentences as well, like some sort of degenerate.

Because you can't fucking read. I never said I dislike beast races

I did not say this. I merely tried to confirm the principle on which the bias on Veeky Forums operates.

So what's the prefered approach to them for you guys?
I dont really make them much like an entire race, but as mutated people a la TMNT or OP's pic

If I wanted to play a jumpy spear rat, what system do?

I like beast races with different cultures.

Prfeferably with minimal "muh noble savages in harmony in nature".

If they're noble savages, i try to make them spooky and alien instead of sympathetic and fluffy.

Also humans are a beast race too

GURPS.

But more seriously, Fantasy craft.

I heard ironclaw is good for that kind of thing, or mouseguard

Ironclaw is good. Very interesting mechanics in that system.

D&D also has a wealth of beast races. Probably even more so than Ironclaw somehow.

Are orcs a beast race?

Basically, yeah

Orcs? Nah, you're like ogres or trolls or something.
Porcs? Yeah sure why not that sounds legit.

I try to keep their beast traits on a psychological level. Like, the dont go around NYAAing and instead talk to others normaly, but then there are just the situations where you can see that they have quite a difference in thinking and instinctual behavior. Principals and reasoning are often oriented around "because I feel that's the right thing to do", even more so within their own tribes rather than in a mixed environment.
They have very sharp and precise instincts to help them make decisions, but are often more rigid about their thinking than humans are.

physiologically, i often use them as a placeholder for a halfling race, because cute, fluffy things (that are for hug only!) are my magical realm.

Are Japanese pig orcs just crypto-furries?

Porcs are a national treasure, they taste like bacon too.

Because most of them are furries or anime fapbait.

you talkin' shit about best goat-rabbit?

I like beastfolk as "weird outsiders" instead of a normal race/tribe of people.

>Beastfolk are born from the earth in deep wilderness. They spring from the ground as fully-formed adults, they do not age, and they cannot reproduce.
>Each beastfolk's appearance is derived from a mammal native to their birthplace. They are generally humanoid in size and shape. They are usually covered completely in fur, their feet and hands may have claws or paws, and their heads resemble the head of an animal (sized proportionately to a human body). Beastfolk have many animal traits and behaviors, but they always have human intelligence.
>Only mammalian beastfolk are known, no birds or reptiles. Additionally, beastfolk only seem to take on the appearance of wild animals, and never domesticated animals.
>Most beastfolk are solitary and live their whole lives in the wild. Some build simple shelters and tools, but most rely on their natural animal abilities to survive. However, some beastfolk leave the wilderness to live among humans.
>In rural areas, beastfolk tend to be viewed as supernatural creatures. Some communities treat them them unnatural monsters to be hunted and killed. Other communities see them as nature spirits, and may leave offerings or even hold festivals in honor of local beastfolk.
>In larger settlements, they are regarded as a strange curiosity, like a foreigner from a faraway land. They tend to attract stares, and are sometimes treated as fools (especially if their animal mouth makes it difficult to speak clearly). It is very rare to see beastfolk in any kind of position of power. Some beastfolk prefer to keep out of sight and work odd jobs, while others exploit their strangeness and find work as performers. A traveling circus will often have at least one in their show.

generally, Veeky Forums is full of scalies that only talk about kobold/ snake etc.

Because resident assburgers immediately descend upon these threads to shitpost about furries, preventing any discussion even if koboldfags don't seize control.

I played a halfling raised by wolves once in 5e. It was very much the wolf mentality that stuck, and while he acted mostly humanish, there were a few things that really stuck, like "the pack above all", "the alpha has first dibs on everything", and "protect the female at all cost". Traits that could have been there for any human, honestly, and that a the important thing - that these aren't some strange anime animal behaviour, that even actual animals don't have.

He also had some weird sleeping habits and an affinity with wolves in general, but to a casual observer, he was at worst "that odd outlander" type, and nothing more.

To be fair, furfaggotry is a more than legitimate concern. They haven't gotten any better over the years at all.

The same could be said about any obsessive community. It's just easier to poke fun at Furries because it's one of the more obvious ones (looking at you fur suits) so it's easier to poke fun at while yelling "muh magical realm!".

Bronies are legitimate cancer though.

such have right-wing populists and moralists. If the furry treatment was able to drive them out of unrelated boards, then we should finally apply it to /pol/tards, too

Nah, the new meme-hate for /pol/ is actually really grating. The elections brought in a wave of newfags and poor /pol/ is getting the blame.

"poor" /pol/ has been attracting insuferable newfags since long before that. That's why those /pol/yps should be shot on sight outside of their own boards. How about we just get rid of ideology-posting in general? we can have opinions of the things related to the board alright, but fuck this making everything into a battleground for politics.
bronies and furries got shit collectively for being annoying even though it'd be enough to get rid of the actual disturbing elements, yet when it comes to the cancer that is /pol/-memes, we should be merciful?

/rant

that one is merely a thread dedicated to snaketits

The yuan-ti thread is just another furshit thread, reinforcing why we don't talk about beastfolk much.

so, how would you stat a beastfolk based on whatever the fuck nanachi is?

>protect the female at all cost
M'lady

>yuan-ti are just snek beastfolk
Yuan-Ti actually aren't snake beastfolk and that thread is a prime example of why you don't talk about this shit on Veeky Forums. Most people in that thread seem to have no idea what Yuan-Ti are, but do want to fap to snek ladies.

Explain how all the snake features are not snake.

>animeposter talking shit about furries
Oh the irony. You're the main reason quests got banned from Veeky Forums in the first place.

Do lizardmen count?

You mean aside from them having things like snakes for arms, a pair of tails for legs, humans torso, snake lower body, and a viper's head, or other mutations?

If you describe them as boar faced humanoids with green fur yes

Says the pedophile.

>legitimate concern
how so?

Neo-Veeky Forums can't talk about anything.

shittposting is saving Veeky Forums