What is the most marketable monster?

What is the most marketable monster?

It's scientifically proven to be an orc.

Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure dragons win hands down.

Dragons are widespread and popular, but because of this lack a core identity and also make brand protection very difficult.

That's why D&D focuses more on creatures like Mindflayers and Beholders, because despite having "Dragons" in its title, they had no chance of arguing that they deserved special rights to the creatures.

The titty monster

If your Paizo, the goblin probably.

Elves,Dragons etc

Came here to post this.

It is... the man!

Succubi.

Define "marketable" in this context

You've got to make a monster a star.
A money-making star.

Something that evokes whatever feeling or atmosphere your product has. Though I'd say whatever it has to have a definable uniqueness to it. Something with an immediately recognizable silhouette or "iconic" look. Like many of the Pokemon Pikachu most of all, Geiger's Alien, and the Beholder from D&D.

Vampires

Pikachu is fucking scary as to how marketable he is.
The ears, the cheeks, the tail, the color and stripes, even any of these just by themselves is enough to be instantly recognizable.

Underappreciated post

Isnt that just a myth? I never saw one. Feel free to post some for scientific researches.

It's probably Japanese
Like Godzilla, or Pikachu

Thought to be fair, Kong and Hulk are marketable..

Man.

But no one bought that game.

only people who are already into DnD have heard of mindflayers and beholders, normies will only know the most basic races like dragons or goblins If DnD has seriously been focusing more on mindflayers in their marketing then it has failed horribly

There's always room for GELATINOUS CUBE!

It's man

>Turns out it's man

I tell myself it's just a recycled Futurama meme, but then I look at Chris Pratt, J.J. Watt, Will Smith...

What if the room is smaller than 5'x5'x5'?

What's wrong with Chris Pratt?

Then it's a gelatinous cuboid.

Fuck off, /pfg/.

Gelatinous Cube takes no penalties for squeezing.

Nothing.

Demons.
All the edge appeal of zombies combined with an evil mastermind intellect.