Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Couldn't think of something to put here edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2232831/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I can think of a few things I want to put in there, user!

Non shit question

Have you ever made any faustian bargains? Tell us about who got screwed and how!

>Be prudish Azmodean cleric
>Bestiary 6 has come out
>I need to go into Nirvana for extract a source for craft an anti-demon wondrous item
>Plane shift
>State that I don't want trouble and for corroborate it I'll sign a legal document
>"Who is the highest ranking around here to make this contract possible? "
>Arshea appears
>My PC hates casual sex, is a virgin until marriage and is lgtb turbo phobic
>Notthisdegenerate. jpg
>The contract is simple. I can extract as much ore I need as the resulting item is used against demons, I don't proselytize Azmo's faith and not assault any being in Nirvana.
>I sign.
(cont.)

Anyone got the link to this Ironfang game I heard of? Any memeable characters in there yet?

>Alone I proceed to mine.
>Fucking azatas and other celestials troll me constantly.
>Asmodeus give me strength.
>Give them the silent cold shoulder treatment.
>Stoic as fuark.
>Celestials change strategy.
>Start having sex close to my campsite.
>Degenerat-o-meter is off the scale.
>Asmodeus forgive them because they don't know what is true order.
>I finally get all the ore I need.
>Proud of my succes I do a cynic observation.
>Plane shift doesn't work.
>Celestials show shit eating grins.
>Arshea appears
>So smug it hurts
>"Your ass is mine~"
>"Woot? "
>Shows contract
>Re-read it.
>Aggression extends even to verbal.
>My cynic observation is seen as such according to celestial law.

Dude, he's referencing XCOM

topkek

Re-posting

I need a bit of a suggestion
I'll soon start a low-level Mythic game (level 5-6, mythic rank 1) and decided to roll a Tyrant Antipaladin, with a Guardian Path but I'm not too sure about it
Is there some nice combination I could make with Mythic spellcasting and Unsanctioned Knowledge extra spells?
Should I consider a Knight of the sepulcher or Sacred servant over standard Antipaladin? They're interesting (the former one saves me a feat too) but I don't know if the aura of despair is worth losing, considered there's also a Void school wizard in the party for combined ultra debuffing
The only 3rd party product the DM allowed so far is Mythic Magic: core spells

Knight of the Sepulcher sucks.

I don't believe this.

Does anyone have the map of the Xin empire?
Or which book it’s in?

Alas, at least your ass got fun.

Who are the Australians of Golarion?

Worldwounders?

My PC when from male LE cleric to female with extra NG warpriest.
At first I was pissed but I end enjoying it.

Everything north of the Kodar Mountains, around the World Wound specifically, would most be my most likely guess. Seeing as everything, including the environment and some of the crazier Winter Witches and demons is trying to kill the people living there.

Wait, as in Mendevians or the madmen that actually live in the Worldwound?

Hey guys, it's Mother's Day!

What relationship does your character have with their mother? Is your character a mother?

>selling my soul
Ha! Ha! That would imply I had one, and that I'm not just a gilded facsimile of a long-dead monarch, meant to take their punishment in their stead.

Got outjewed by some celestishits. Asmodeus is ashamed of you.

Not as much as he's ashamed of himself now I bet.

What's it like being a shabti? I've never seen one played.

>Human Brawler
He respects her as any son should respect his mother, but he really wishes she'd stop bugging him about whether he's got a girlfriend yet.

>Human Oracle
Getting concerned about her son's love life. He's already 25 and he's still playing that "babyface" bit! Maybe that nice innkeeper he described in his last letter. Or maybe the Druid he's working with? There's always that girl he keeps meeting at the tournaments.

>Dhampir Inquisitor
Mom's a vampire, so...

>Gnome Spiritualist
Who knows?

>Half-Elf Oracle|Warlord
They keep in touch every so often.

>Human Brawler|Magus
Mom wasn't that big a part of her life. Probably still alive, though. Just like mine.

>Halfling Sorcerer
Dear ol' mum's a very busy woman and has no time for his shenanigans right now. Why do you think he took them elsewhere?

My character in a Kingmaker campaign regularly sends letters back home to his family, along with any spare gold he can afford to send their way to help with the farm. His mother think's he's become a traveling merchant, and he cant wait until the group's got the place stabilized enough so that he can bring them to their start-up kingdom and goes "Surprise! You're nobility by proxy now!" so they don't have to toil on a farm on any more.

Yes. It backfired on the devil and we got fused together in the same character. That said, it was not by my hand. He just got backstabbed by another devil at his most vulnerable moment. I got lucky.

Imagine, if you will, endless, unbearable agony, and that you were damned to this torture by someone who looked just like you but not made of gold.

Now imagine that all of a sudden, the pain has stopped and you realize it wasn't even all that endless, but you also realize you're a soulless, unaging gold sculpture, warded against undeath and with powers of suggestion.

Sounds pretty cool, right?

Then you realize the nice lady who freed you from your imprisonment is going to grow old and die on you like a dog.

It's still pretty cool, but it's bittersweet, you know?

She loathes her mother with a bilious passion.

>Was a well respected member of Glorious Cheliax society.
>Had a Hellknight fiancee that was going to marry once dealt with the demons.
>Now I am a nympho bimbo futa so thicc Cattleya at my side looks like a plank.

>implying she wouldn't leave his mind intact
>you know, so he has to remember EVERYTHING

Wait, how exactly did that happen? Were those the terms of the contract?

>The Alchemist is fairly certain his mother is disappointed he hasn't gotten a new girlfriend yet, considering how he's surrounded by almost nothing but women lately; She's glad she still has grandchildren, she just hoped for some made the "normal" way
>The Oracle's mother dropped him at his father's doorstep and fucked right off, so he never knew his birth mother; his half-sister is an elf so she covered that role in his life
>The Magus is pretty sure his sword is technically his mother, but the details on how that works are sketchy at best
>The Investigator neither remembers nor cares who her mother was, she was probably a raging bitch if her own attitude is anything to go by

>She's glad she still has grandchildren, she just hoped for some made the "normal" way
pls homunculi justice

The contract was simple:
Do respect these rules and you will leave this place unharmed, fuck it up you will let me have fun with you.
My character is level 16 which for Arshea was a chance to juicy to piss off Azmo by converting a high ranking member of his church into a follower of his/her cult.
Was easy for her/him to "ascend" my character from Lawful Evil to Neutral Good and even turn her into a militant member of his/her cult.
Now her fiancee is looking for a wish or genie that can do this becaise my character is causing serious damage to the community which he (now her) belonged.

That doesn't sound like Arshea is committing any good acts, it sounds more CE than anything.

I really wonder if it'd be a good idea to make an app for TSS. I mean, a beefcake undercover pally seems terribly out of place.

My character was basically a walking Homoshima & Fagasaki. He persecuted with great violence even people who had pre-marital sex using demons as an example of what happens when you have a libertine life-style bringing a mass histeria which made linching happen often in the town were he preached.
He didn't want to go to Nirvana but when the rest of the party found out on the terrible things he did they voted that he and he alone should go there in hope he will feel guilt and rank down the violence he did unleash.
What Arshea did was more in the line of poetic justice.

Not him, but changing somebody's alignment to a different alignment should always be an act of that alignment with few exceptions. You're committing a good act by making a person good, because you're filling the universe with more cosmic goodness. Unless you did evil acts to accomplish the conversion, and unless those evil acts outweigh all of the good acts that person will do now that they're good, you've contributed a net gain to the universe's goodness.

It'd be less out of place than a catgirl from a secret assassin guild for maids, or a nippon princess with a tragic past and a lust for blood

So is Arshea some sort of goddess of rape? Weird that a rape god would be neutral good.

True. Well, I just have to figure out the build I should go with, since I've got character details down mostly. Dex or strength?

The radical shift in alignment "just because" is iffy, but the physical transformation just leaves a bad taste. Then again, I know none of the details between, so maybe it's just my paranoia that's seeing off the blasting red alarms.
Fuck Arshea and her magical realm

Remember that my character was being trolled by celestials?
Those were made from the souls of the people my PC ordered to be burn in a stake or made mobs linch them.
Arshea pick them up with the intention they forgive me for what I done because I was also a victim (the PCs was rise in a toxic Azmodean fearing family and he had been always lookibg for the approval and admiration of a power hungry family).
Long story short Arshea when full Freud on him.

See, that I can get, but the arbitrary gender swap shoots it from "redemption arc" to "dude, what the fuck".

Again, fuck Arshea.

Why? What did your mother ever do to you?

Changeling, I assume?

The gender swap was linked to his change from full "hobbesian" mindset to a far more "rousseaunian" one.
And it also happened as a result of he participating in a gang bang/orgy involving those celestials and Arshea.

As that user said, fuck Arshea

This does nothing to change my stance, and actually just weirds me the fuck out and makes the alarm bells louder.

Also, which Paladin archetypes are better than vanilla pally?

I've been told Chosen One is pretty neat, but that might just be memes.

What I am looking at?

She was a draconian physically and emotionally abusive tyrant without a shred of love or caring in her vile heart!

Could it be possible for a wizard to BECOME a wizard from outside means? For example, my character picks up a tome in an old ruin and is immediately bonded with it and learns how to cast magic.
Unless I haven't looked hard enough, I don't think there is a class that would represent this since sorcerer is innately through blood and Oracle/cleric is God given. Would I need to convince a GM for this to work or would it not even matter too much in the first place unless I'm in a turbo lore friendly game?

And no, no changelings here. Just a bitter, vicious child forced to grow up too soon.

Anyone know if there's anything worthwhile in the soon-to-be released Adventurer's Guide? Apparently there's a lot of feats and PRCs but I don't want to buy a hardcover if it's just filler trash.

Usually, those are called Witches.

Oh, PRCs? I may become interested.

You could ask the GM to let you be a Sage Sorcerer fluffed as that, and beg to keep a bonded tome instead of the shitty magic missile?

It will probably be posted in this thread when it comes out. Just keep an eye out and judge for yourself when it does.

It's actually pretty solid. You get a few features later than you ordinarily would, and you lose your insta-weapon buff, but you get a familiar who can easily deliver Lay on Hands, gives you a second save vs. mind-affecting, covers Knowledge (Religion) for you, and who can eventually share your Smite bonus.

They also cast Guidance as an at-will and get a domain power, which can be handy when you're starting out.

It's way cuter than base class, and arguably just as effective (losing bond but gaining a cool familiar)

What is it with household help thats actually part of secret societies that make them popular PC options?

Chosen One is cool, the delayed features can hurt if your GM hammers you for not having them, but it levels off pretty quickly. IMO, it kinda let me down, since it would have been the perfect chance to introduce an excuse for NG and CG Paladins with actual lore justification

How so?

Not that user, but your familiar is literally sent to you by a god to tell you to get hype.
That god could very well be of an alignment not LG, and odds are you yourself didn't actually dedicate yourself to any LG god by the fluff.

You get the best of both worlds; being an empowered high-energy badass while retaining the look and feel of a sweet, demure maid who will do anything for her master.

That's dark as fuck, has she gotten better? Have you killed dear ole mom yet?

I'm pretty sure those aren't the same as wizards though. And I also want wizard for the ready of what I had planned.
I guess I'll have to try to work something out with the GM for it to work. I've had this cool idea for a while and I don't want to abandon it because it doesn't exactly fit into wizard or sorcerer.

is improved familiar worth it? None of the improved familiars just seem all that great.

Chosen One is described as not being from a knightly order or holy code, but just some schmuck who a higher power decides is fit for the job. It's the perfect set up for a Paladin of Cayden or Shelyn who's not strongly tied to any code of conduct, but feels a burning desire for justice anyway.

Chosen Ones are Paladins purely by virtue of pure hearts and ample physical assets, their hefty divine powers are supported by gods or goddesses who might be a cup larger or smaller than your typical Paladin types.

Did Chosen One come out alongside the stuff about Empyreal Lords? Because I can see them coming about from the developers figuring out nobody can be a proper exemplar of Arshea or Lymnieris unless they were Chosen.

Should I be a Infiltrator Ranger Hobgoblin in Ironfang so I can sneak in on other Hobgoblins? How many opportunities do you get to do so?

>hobgoblin
>in Ironfang

user, the Player's Guide specifically tells you NOT to do it.

Chosen One has been a thing for a long time. Bestiary 6 just came out recently

It came out in Familiar Folio, along with a host of other familiar-related archetypes.

Empyreal Lords have also been things for a long-ass time senpai. Don't know when they were first published though.

Empyreal Lords were a thing WAY before Bestiary 6.

But fuck Paizo

>Arshea
Sorcerer's don't necesarily need to be by blood. Magical mutation works too which is what your describing.

I unironically may suggest Arcanist for this..

Do you want to be a cheesy bastard and get a familiar with hands so it can hold a wand?
Improved Familiar is how you do that.

but is that even that good?

>fuck paizo
>but i'm playing one of their APs lol

Yes, to the point of being nearly busted depending on how little forethought your DM has. As a budget option, have your familiar dual wield wands of shield and magic missile. 1500 gold investment to have 100 casts of support and small-arms artillery that never misses adds up incredibly fast at the 3-5 level range.

I'm personally fond of the CL9 Wand of Magic Missile. 6750 gold (half that if you have the option of crafting it yourself) for an average of 17.5 damage on a standard action that never misses unless the target has a shield spell. Have your familiar perched as a shoulder cannon and fire away at problem targets while you do your usual thing.

That Guy stories, I'll start.

>be in a party
>group is fairly chill and likes to roleplay casually
>except that one guy, the munchkin one
>you know the one. barely attentive to anything but his own stats, not caring about story, but he's the DM's friend. made a shit backstory
>that guy dominates encounters instantly, he's made just to kill
>he plays to win but doesn't give a damn, he's completely silent or just gives one or two or three word responses out of combat
>doesn't even know how to roleplay, admits it
>dm lets it slide

REEEE. Infuriated with him.

The point of the wizard class is that you fucking worked for it. If you wanted a class that had magic given to him then maybe go sorcerer or like other anons said, witches.

Action economy breaks everything. Let's say you have a stereotype divine caster, arcane caster, heavily armored melee fighter, and lightly armored rogue/archer composition against a dragon ambush. If you and your imp cast spells, you can get your elemental resistance cast in two turns instead of four to resist the breath weapon. You can cast fly on everyone in the party in two turns instead of four. You can cast haste on both your full attackers in one turn instead of two. You and your familiar could in one turn summon two medium air elementals with summon monster 4, or 2d3 lantern archons, or 2d4+2 eagles to chase that dragon around every turn, and are all valid targets for further buffs.

What are the most creative uses for the spell Shatter you can make?

POLYWOMPLE.

This is the name I was looking for.

Not at all close to Slugbox lol.

THIS is a good artist. Pic related.

Uh... Sorry for derailing?

app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2232831/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path

Here's the daily dose of shilling. Come join the revolution. We got dead hobgoblins and cakes.

I won't stop you user but do know that you will be playing hard mode compared to non-goblinoid PCs.

Dispel the beatsticks weapon followed by a quickened shatter.

Are you talking shit about Slugbox?

>Not authorized

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path

I'm a dumbass.

>link
Not authorized.

Ironfang seems cool though. How big is this campaign, and do you have open spots? I've been meaning to run a fighter meme build based around Bodyguard for a while.

What if the paladin is a chosen one, having a familiar? With if the rouge/archer type is a Ranger with animal companion? What if the divine caster took eldritch heritage to get arcane bloodline and therefore a familiar? What if you were a summoner with an eidolon that spams summons? What if each of the four of you got an alchemist to make you homunculus that also can wave wands around?

You can see that, taken to extremes, it'd be ridiculous. Even without doing leadership cheese, being able to cast an extra spell every turn is op.

Yes.

Do you like gnolls

I want to give the Alchemist a HUG!

Is his mother single, though?

If you get an elemental improved familiar will it always be small? I want to have a big earth elemental golem

Same deal user. Typically evil races will be treated with suspicion.

Check the Important NPCs listing, senpai. There's also TWO WEEKS left on the apps, so hold your horses on 'em.

I couldnt find the players guide to the ironfang invasion or lands of conflict in the trove, where would you reccomend I look for such readings? I dont wanna spend buckos if there's a chance I wont get in.

Well evil is certainly a point of view... Which doesn't mean, I don't enjoy racism thrown at me.

If that is not samefagging I don't know what it is.