/sss/ - Super Stand Sunday

Introducing update v0.6 of Bizarre Adventures D6.

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/139573BnooznfR0RRb0i9cydXDWzrfdkvl88D0JKTBqU/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1WX2tdei5Hb47QEwOxVEykriPsRE3t1slEiSrI3gSTss/view
docs.google.com/document/d/13eEx_E7y76y14IKGSN7rPWP3AXl1nz2ajlyylsL7DUw/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
youtube.com/watch?v=EfAhpX_wIBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dedicated Systems

>JoJo RP
docs.google.com/document/d/139573BnooznfR0RRb0i9cydXDWzrfdkvl88D0JKTBqU/edit

>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The RPG
docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/view

>The RPG Expansion: Paranormal Beings and Battle Techniques
docs.google.com/document/d/1WX2tdei5Hb47QEwOxVEykriPsRE3t1slEiSrI3gSTss/view

>Bizarre Adventures D6
docs.google.com/document/d/13eEx_E7y76y14IKGSN7rPWP3AXl1nz2ajlyylsL7DUw/view

>Bizarre Adventures D10
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

>Bizarre Adventures D100
docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit

>Heroic Roleplaying
Attached File

>Fate Hack
Next Post

Other Systems

>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Hack in this post)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things

Thread Question: What makes a Stand good?

>D6 Patchnotes

-Added temporary burns for minor abilities
-Tweaked success range from 4-6 to 3-6, macros edited to match.
-Added S-rank for Stands
-Pillar Men
-Reworded most of Mechanics
-Tweaked Actions and Reactions
-Removed Block/Aim/Avoid/Damage
-Added degrees of success, Total Failure and Overpose, and a Success table.
-Made turn order make sense now
-Removed damage cap
-Increased HP formula
-Updated Wendell Sanders
-Reworked Advantage/Penalty
-Reworked Conditions
-General formatting improved

I'm shamelessly posting a version of JJBA FATE, that I posted a few months ago. The other Jojo Fate hacks I've seen so far were a little vague and bare bones for my tastes, so my goal was to leave a clear groundwork for character creation and how mechanics function. It's performed well in my playtests so far, but I'd love some input if any anons are willing to share.

The whole section for Rules feels like a clusterfuck; disordered sets of mechanics, too much bold and the background makes it harder to read.
The pictures often aren't related to the rules they're next to, and I preferred the stats used in the original FATE hack. Move is utterly weird.

But there's definitely the capacity for formatting there, and the character sheets read like a dream. It feels like the mechanics themselves are solid if not great, but the execution is what leaves a lot to be desired.

>what makes a stand good?
For me, it's being able to solve problems (or cause them) using non standard means. If explaining how the stand solved a problem out of context to someone causes a confused and amused response, you did it right.

My favorite examples of this:
>I'll punch this spaghetti and reduce it to its original components!
>anything involving Sticky Fingers
>stealing a few cars will make it obvious, but if we steal a HUNDRED cars...
>I put the word "boing" on a rock, therefore it is now springy
>my plan is to run perfectly straight at my opponents, even though one of them is pointing a gun at me, and I am a hundred feet away

This was a stand we fought in our campaign a few weeks ago.

「Tequila」

Power: D
Speed: B
Precision: C
Range: B
Durability: C
Potential: C

Looks like a Mexican cowboy holding pic related. The gun can dispense a wide variety of beverages (mostly alcoholic) into its shot glass. If the user drinks the shots poured by 「Tequila」, everyone in its range also drinks that drink. Thankfully, the user has a rather high alcohol tolerance.

The stand was typically used to forcibly inebriate his opponents, but he also managed to fool my character into thinking he was coughing up blood by taking shots of tomato juice.

What about gasoline?

From what I remember the ability specified beverage, not liquid. Although, if the user could spawn gasoline, they'd still have to drink it themselves for the ability to work, so it might not end well for everyone involved.

Bumping for standus

So I'm doing up notes for a JoJo campaign, and I've ran into an interesting question I want to see if Veeky Forums wants to give a shot at.

One of my vampires can freely control the electricity flowing through his body, typically using this to be an asshole of a grappler. I already figured that he could probably electrocute someone from the inside while draining their blood and use the electricity to increase his own hitstun resistance. However, my hang up is that I'm not entirely sure how being able to control electricity would affect someone trying to Hamon him in the face.

I had a player who used electricity with their vampire. Static cling is surprisingly useful, and people going through electric shocks will have a hard time maintaining control of their body. That's how tasers work.

Mine's designed more to be like a walking electric chair, since he's the main bodyguards to one of the two secondary villains in the campaign. Although I never thought about utilizing static cling.

Just re-adding the Night's Black Agents add-on / Stand Generation system that was made

I don't think he could use this to disrupt Hamon as it hit him, but if he could zap someone BEFORE they made contact with him, then that would probably throw off their coordination.

It basically becomes an initiative race-off between the Vamp and the Hamon user to see who can conduct zaps into the other first.

Stuff like small pools of water or whatever are no longer purely an advantage for the hamon user in the room, but it isn't like this nullifies the threat or anything.

The flow and formatting of this is really tight. It also feels system-agnostic to a point, you wouldn't need to change much to make it fit any given system. I'd use it for freeform games.

Trying to figure this one out because I found an RPG I'm actually interested in joining. Not sure how to stat because of the nature of the power. Wasn't sure how to make a standard combat punch that'd still be interesting, but I think this might work? Feedback would be nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=EfAhpX_wIBk

「Jars of Clay」 takes the form of a red, rubbery humanoid with the vague imprint of a face and a hole at the top of the head. The bodyshape varies depending on the amount of water the stand holds, from withered and deflated to large, fat, overflowing, and leaking.

「Jars of Clay」 is a close range stand that 's principal power is absorbing and releasing water. It can absorb water from anything it touches, be it a conventional water source, a plant, an animal (often dehydrating to the point of unconsciousness or death), or even the moisture in the air around it .Though less convenient methods like the later three can be time consuming. The water can also be expelled harmlessly, be used rehdryating a plant or animal (ie the user essentially can't go thristy), or even fired off in a powerful pressurized blast like that of a riot water hose.

Although initially very weak and fragile, 「Jars of Clay」 obtains increased strength and durability the more water it holds. However, after a certain point, 「Jars of Clay」 is unable to hold more water and start to overflow or even leak. Damage to the stand will also cause water to leak or spill out.

「Jars of Clay」 is completely useless in an arid area like a desert in which it can't get sufficient amounts of water.

The idea of a punch ghost that can utilize the environment to enhance itself is definitely interesting, and it's nice to see a water stand taken in a new direction. However I feel like this stand is ultimately best for it's utility purposes, since maximizing its ability is a careful balancing act that makes it so the stand never really reaches it's maximum potential for an extended amount of time.

bump for a fairly lengthy post, dont want this to die before

Had one stand that kinda came to me when I was half-asleep, so forgive me if this sounds dumb.

Basically a baby wooly mammoth in the modern day that can lower the temperature around itself and manipulate ice. yes I copied the SCP, sue me. Similar to Pet Shop, but tends to use more brute force ice block than ice spikes.

The line of logic that caused this is a little convoluted and I was half-asleep, so bear with me for a second.

I've posted before about my likely-never-happening campaign where people get Stands by having meteor pieces lodged in them, including the 「Real Americans」 thing. The meteor is actually a spacefaring eldritch abomination that got shot down over the eastern seaboard.

So I was think "Why did said beast come to earth in the first place?" I figured destroying it or for unfathomable reasons like this sort of fare goes, but I thought it would be funnier if it came for something incredibly boring and mundane.

The first idea was "Visiting family." Now who would a meteor-beast consider family? Another meteor-beast obviously. And the most well-known meteor is the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.

A few minutes later, I realized them being the same type of beast would mean the prehistoric meteor would also be capable of granting Stands, so the dinosaurs/animals that managed to survive the brief time after the meteor landed were Stand users.

The baby wooly mammoth likely panicked and froze itself to avoid being eaten or something, and survived in essentially cryostasis into modern times in a large iceberg that is incredibly melt-resistant.

I also figured a Requiem/Remix Stand could be caused by the two typed of meteorites being in the same person, increasing their power exponentially. But that's still up for debate.

The stand itself? 「Trapped Under Ice」