Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akh-grixis-control/
mtg.gamepedia.com/Mardu_Horde
mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-rb-hazoret-standard
mtg.gamepedia.com/Multicolored
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the city of Mardu Heart of Kirans
Get fucked faggots.

Lone rider is no joke. Well, it's kind of a joke, but you can still get wrecked. 2 mana 4/4 first strike lifelink is pretty good. I played against a crazy mono-white deck with always watching, a bunch of lifelink, and aetherflux resevoir. I think he was packing the lancer brisela package also, but I'm not sure. I ended up winning game 2 convincingly, but game 1 was worrying.

>Playing RB Burn

Damn i just obliterated an aetherworks marvel deck with pure burn and thermoalchemists, even through double woodweaver puzzleknots, fucking Hazoret when hellbent is fucking backbreaking. Shit hits real fucking hard.

Is Trav /ourguy/?

It started off as a "I like the card let's try it out" back in Kaladesh when the deck ran Smuggler's Copters. People tend to sleep on the card a lot, either not expecting how easily it flips or how potent it is when flipped. I don't know how many game 1s I've won because I cast it T2 and people look at it for a second and say "okay" only to try to attack in and be surprised by the fact that it has first strike on both sides of the card, or trample on the back along with the lifelink. There are an abundant amount of ways to flip it as well, I've done T2 Lone Rider into T3 Brutality will generally get you there, especially if you pitch an alms to the Brutality, T2 rider into T3 Harvester threatens a good block + a flip. Overall the card performs far better than I ever expected it to but it has been hurt by the printing of push

Aethersphere is such a good card.

>Games done in 4 turns

Is this fucking Yugioh?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akh-grixis-control/

>Hail Bolas
>Doesn't use mini-Cruel Ultimatum
This does not please the Vorthos

its MAHVEL baby

no

legacy is

share the list. i'm currently running u/r burn and thinking of switching

Weebs blown the FUCK out

>tfw marvel gets shit on by tribal

feels amazing man

It's a good guy wins episode!

Gooks on suicide watch
Marvel on suicide watch

praise zombies
praise stubs
praise Gerry

>tfw you attack with Hazoret and they always drop a nahiri right after and exile her

looks like marvel is gonna maindeck sweltering suns now

So can we agree that Johnny cards are fundamentally cancer? Marvel is just as awful as copycat

>a johnny card that lets spikes kill timmy's with their own cards

Johnny and Timmy cards are always cancer when they get too good
Spike cards are the only ones that are reasonable
basically the idea is to never place too much value on a single card and make it so that cards have incremental value when played together and in the correct order relative to what your opponent is doing

when metagames revolve around Johnny and Timmy cards the game turns to shit

This is the list im running, im still tuning it out but it works nicely most of the times.

It suffers against that annoying token lifegain deck, but thats expected, burn always suffers to that, you would have to use up some other side deck cards like scarab feasts and things like that to stop them from working with their graveyard.

Well Hazoret attacking once is enough for me, thats 5 damage and i can do the rest with burn.

>it's one of those "yuuya reach the final just for lose" episode
I've not see the final but I can only wonder how exposed the chat of twitch was, with all of those Yuuya dickriders.

>tfw traded some guy for 4 Diregraff, 4 Cryptbreaker, 4 Lili mastery, 4 Metallic mimic, and 4 relentless dead
>trade value around 40 bucks at the time

nice money

Isn't Marvel a problem because BFZ was supposed to rotate out when it hit?

This seems really odd and too slow - especially against any deck running counterspells.
I've got everything except the flows, though, so I guess I'll give it a spin.

yes and no

Marvel is currently a problem because it relies on the powerful cards from BFZ but Marvel itself poses a threat simply due to its design

The fact that Marvel lets you actually cast the card rather than putting it on the battlefield is a huge issue
next set comes out and Nicol Bolas is some 9 CMC planswalker the only real way to play him is going to be Marvel. Then any really strong Timmy cards that come out after that are likely to be abused by Marvel.
It limits design space and will until it rotates

Yes. the entire fundamental issue with Marvel is that Wizards/Hasbro was planning on making rotation faster to squeeze money out of people faster but people bitched so much that they had to back out on that plan.

The result was Marvel instead of being a value engine casting valuable things it ended up casting Eldrazi Titans for turn 4 wins.

Marvel wasn't supposed to meet with Ulamog but there was nothing they could do at this stage and have to wait out the rotation to resolve itself.

Fought some control decks, got disallowed, censored several times but still managed to do enough damage. Having a Thermo alchemist on board makes everything you cast do 1 damage even if they counter it so you wittle them down hell of a lot over the course of the game.

Faith of the Devoted is also very hard for control to handle if it hits the board because you can cycle out your lands and still do damage.

So what's the optimal time to sell my Relentless Dead playset? I would assume sometime this week, since everyone will be buying shit for Gameday, right?

Wait for Starcity games to update their prices and then put them to sale as fast as you can. They are soon to rotate and everyone will be looking for them on this 5 days before Gameday

Marvel is Kaladesh, BFZ would have rotated out with the release of Amonkhet so the overlap was going to happen eitherway, the only difference is that BFZ is in until the next block rather than rotating out this one

It's time boys

Interesting list.

This is what I'll be running for Game Day. Seems to flow fine so far but Mardu is a tough matchup.

Any Suggestions?

Hello, new player here.

What is "mardu" slang for? I can't seem to find the card.

They were more butthurt cause the announcer said trump and said it was not a pun. So roasties got pissed in chat

Also have you thought about running Collective Brutality for the discard?

I don't see Nicol Bolas being decent because of their super hero setup going on. Can't have the villain being better than the Jacetice league, after all.

I don't really imagine it limiting design space as any really big, powerful creatures or whatever usually have ways to cheat them out built-in - see Emrakul.
I'd say that the card is cast rather than simply put out onto the field is the big reason it's oppressive.

Emrakul was worse, but yes, getting two free exiles on turn 4 is debilitating even if the creature it came on was just some random 1/1. At least Ulamog can be dealt with after the fact, unlike the saheeli/cat combo.
I'm not sure if the plan was specifically to squeeze more money out of people, but a faster rotation also meant the meta wouldn't stagnate quite so much. Like, Gideon and the Eldrazi should be gone now. I'm so fucking sick of Gideon invalidating most other white cards because he does everything you can ever want.
I just wonder if wotc has learned their lesson about making mythics the slot for constructed playable cards. If they haven't, well, things are going to remain shit into the future.
I guess we'll also learn if they really did listen to the players about getting sick of the gatewatch and planeswalkers with hour of devastation.
I like Midnight Oil/Faith of the Devoted combo against control decks that are looking to win the long game.
It's been time. I've been running Tendrils as my anti-gideon vehicles tech since Kaladesh.
That list is really bad, as proven by SaffronOlive on stream. I'm running a modified version that handles itself much better.

A clan from Tarkir, where each clan were one of the 5 wedges; 2 Ally colors and 1 enemy
mtg.gamepedia.com/Mardu_Horde

Don't think that I saw SaffronOlive running the deck but Its been running pretty well for me so far. Do you have a link to one of the streams?

mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-rb-hazoret-standard

It's really clunky, then again SO took some odd lines of play at times.

mtg.gamepedia.com/Multicolored
The clan name for a particular series of colors. Easier to say 'Mardu' than 'white-red-black,' for example.

I play the deck in paper but every time i think on adding them i check the price and its around $12 every time so i get turned off on the idea. Deck works fine without them. Would have to test them out to see if they are worthy.

Thing is that rotation is coming closer and i dont play black in modern so they would end up in my folder for a long time.

Yea I took a look at some of his games and i don't think that I would be making some of the plays that he making, like prioritizing Key over Bloodrage Brawler.

i opened a atherworks marvel a few days ago, what kind of a deck can i put it in?

FYI that's Stacey Donovan from Dr Penetration

Maybe the deck that just made top 2 in the protour.

Or you know. Just sell it and get something else.

What if they printed stony silence in standard? Or, at least, something similar to it - perhaps in Red?

i could sell it, either that or keep it and try to get a walking balista off of my friend

What if they printed Pithing fucking Needle for us to have an answer to Marvel, vehicles, and Gideon? Oh, that's right, because good answers are taboo.

what if they reprinted swords to plowshares in standard?

Woah there maverick, be careful with what you ask of instants, we have to let babby have his turn.

but is it a good idea tho? maybe they could up the mana cost to two or somthing

You mean like ancient grudge?

Artifacts aren't the problem. It's the design that is the problem. Battlecruiser/Timmy magic is the real issue. Amonkhet is supposed to be the first step away from that design principal so hopefully over the next few sets things get better.
Really though there should just be a few cards that are always in standard. Things like evolving wilds, magma spray/shock, pithing needle, negate, vindicate with downside, cancel with upside, wrath of god, cheap permanent exile spell, heroes downfall, and a few other things

The fact that we are missing a few of these is another big part of why standard has been so bad. Wotc shouldn't be afraid to print cool pushed cards but they should also make sure that the standard environment always has the universal catch all answer cards so that they can be kept in check

Manglehorn is supposed to be the Marvel hoser as it comes a turn early and makes it enter the battlefield tapped. But it still doesnt feel good enough.

Disposess feels like it has been underused though as it gets rid of marvel a turn earlier

Grixes has the best colors

StPs would probably be a bit pushed for standard

It effectively makes all Timmy cards irrelevant until it rotates, which while I like that idea isn't the kind of thing that helps the health of the environment. Think smaller steps first.

Something like revolutionary rebuff that can target everything would do wonders for standard. Not quite mana leak bit not shit either.
Maybe if StPs was 3cmc it would be good for standard but cheaper than that and it enters the "everyone must play white" territory

Because it answers Planeswalkers, and we can't have that. Since Origins they've pushed the fuck out of the jacetice league and planeswalkers in general. They want them to be the end-game in every deck, or at least, that's what it feels like.
Then again, non-league planeswalkers usually range from unplayable shit to fringe tech in a handful of decks.
I would be amazed if they ever printed another instant speed, 3 mana (or less) planeswalker removal. Anything that can target a PW at 3 mana is also sorcery speed, which makes it all really shitty to play.
Think about how Fatal Push is $10 and it's an uncommon from a new set. Swords would rock Modern even more than Push and it'd definitely be a $30+ rare or $15+ uncommon. But because this is wizards we're talking about, they'd print it at mythic.
I think the whole problem originates from 'face' cards, 'story' cards, or whatever the fuck else you want to call them. Can't have little Timmy getting his Gideon blown the fuck out by a common or uncommon removal. Or at instant speed. Or at an advantage for the other player.
Marvel would've been fine if it played, instead of cast, the cards, imo.
I also look at all these other cards they've printed in the sets and wonder why they were so conservative with them. Like, imagine if Lightning Runner cost four instead of five and only required six energy. He'd be an actual consideration in decks.
Or if Baral had some kind of hexproof against spells that cost less than two. Just as a few examples.

Problem with disposess is it doesn't do shit if a marvel is already out. Marvel decks also tend to run negates and shit.

I think Path to Exile would be a better option, as it would be useful for aggro decks to fight off slower decks and Ulamogs, while Path would also be a tool for slower decks to hold off against aggro.

Path would probably fit because it's actually a bad card.

> 'face' cards, 'story' cards
Plot cards are almost always trash, except for planeswalkers.

Emra-cool, Eldrazi are all basically 'plot' cards.

Kozilek feels like they wanted him to fit into control decks, but fucked up by giving him a shitty cast trigger compared to the other two.

Face cards are an issue but like I said, that idea of design is being rotated out. People expressed that they were tired of the gstewatch and tired of pushed story cards so things are shifting with Hour of Devistation.

You can even kinda see it with Amonkhet. The story cards are some of the least interesting with the planswalkers not being out of control shits and instead filling cool niches while not being broken.

We really aren't that far off. We just need something like heroes downfall, wrath of god, and pitying needle and the format would be pretty fun
The lack of control is once again saddening but hopefully Ixalan pushes blue the way Amonkhet pushed red

>Standard continues to suffer from design mistakes and pushed threats, 4 bannings later and its only bearable to play
>Modern is still just midrange, Tron, and fast aggro that can beat Tron
>Legacy players on suicide watch over Top ban and the format is turn 1 opening hand win YuGiOh bullshit
Magic is dead, just play Kitchen table

hold on
Eldrazi are cool because they're insane world consuming abominations from outer space.
The Jacetice league are fucking power rangers.
Annihilator is the best of all time.

i played it with brutalities pre-AKH and it was cash. nuke your hand, nuke your guy, nuke you for 17 off two alchemist

I really hope next set we get a Jackal, Naga, or Aven planeswalker

Sick of them all being human.
I'm like 99% sure though that it's gonna be Samut voice of KANGZ though which is gonna be super disappointing

>Legacy players on suicide watch
t.miracles player
Fuck off scum

Eldrazi are played out and obnoxious.

Go pauper and enjoy true diversity.

TRUE DIVERSITY CANNOT EXIST IN THE ABSENCE OF STORM

Samut is such a hilarious card. I really want to know why they pushed her into Naya colors so hard to the point of making her unplayable due to her high cmc for not much payoff in constructed and unplayable in limited because you really, really need more than one card to justify going into three colors in those formats.

That said, they nuked Ajanni because being a cat man meant people didn't identify with him or some shit. I fail to see how anyone identifies with Gideon, but whatever.

I'd love to see a non-human making planeswalker status, while also being a playable planeswalker. Arlinn came kinda close on both counts. Kiorra whiffed horribly on the second one. Nissa doesn't count because elves are just humans with spock ears. Both new Ajannis are Kiora-tier, perhaps worse.

R/W/G Jackal would be neat, maybe a UG Naga, RBG Minotaur...

>ywn play five colour* storm in pauper again

*ok you don't really use white

I want a red black minotaur walker

I loved the old eldrazi and I have no idea why they revisited the set so soon. Except for the sake of
laziness and greed.

Correction I want a THICC female red black minotaur tiddy monster

What about thicc Jackals?
Or just make Kemba a planeswalker. At least then there will be some explanation for how her crotch plate stayed on.

>they nuked Ajanni
Wait, wait, what happened?

Play izzet blitz. Feels like storm, but a bit crappier.

FAT COW TITS

When should I sell my zombie staples Veeky Forums?

I'd just play the deck if you've got most of it.

He was bottom on most popularity polls so they removed him from perennial walker status to make way for Scowling Middle-Aged White Male.

Like today of you don't intend to play the deck.

There isn't a lot of tech in mono black so either expect the deck to adapt into another color or for it to be slowly left behind due to other decks building against it.
It might retain its place as one of the best decks in the format but it's gonna be hard to have the prices go higher than this next week

Playing pummler at the moment

God I hope they kill gideon

I had a fantasy where they kill all the jace fuckers in hour of devastation and they come back as off-color zombie planeswalkers.

is blue black artifacts a good deck?

My friend built marionette master.
Cheapest rare from Kaladesh and he made it work.

oh ok, i just have a bunch of artifacts and improv blublack cards i could use in a deck, i could also possibly get a walking ballista from my friend.

also, is dovin bann a good card? i got a deckbuilders kit and he was in one of the booster packs

user, calm yourself. They need hips, thighs, and just a little bit of softness around the belly too.

>is x a good card
Does x fit in the deck? (usually doesn't)
Is x on curve? (is the best thing to cast the turn you have enough land to cast it)
Dovin can slow down aggro and get you draw. Good luck getting his ultimate off. I wouldn't run him in u/b artifacts ever.

I liked him vs creatures in those obnoxious Spell Queller/Reflector Mage decks.

No, giving a creature -3 on attack on Turn 4 is a pretty awful thing to do. Most of the time he's played, he'll generate two life, draw you a card, and then die.
If his +1 worked on Planeswalkers he'd become a viable one or two of in UWx control decks.

figured as much, maybe i could sell him to someone

4+ life and draw a card

So with Marvel now one of the most popular decks, whats the best counter to it?