I recently got the idea to make a PnP out of tf2. I found an archived thread with some cool ideas and this picture...

I recently got the idea to make a PnP out of tf2. I found an archived thread with some cool ideas and this picture. Any idea where this is from? What this means? The little radial symbol and the turnaround symbol are confusing me and I can't tell if it's supposed to be roll over or under.

My idea for scatter weapons and radial damage weapons like rocket launcher is to roll 3d6 and do listed damage on a roll of 9-12 and do one damage less per number ether side of that. Damage can also be modified based on range like how a shotgun does more damage close up.

Other urls found in this thread:

thingiverse.com/thing:1979894
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is this?

Why not just have the health, movement and damage values takes directly from the game?

The cards are also extremely busy and hard to follow

Maybe I wasn't clear but I don't know what the picture is. I found it in an archived thread and I was hoping someone here knew

I made it a long time ago in photoshop. These were prototypes but I never made the final versions.

The values are pretty accurate, each 1 HP or damage on the card is worth 25 points from the videogame. The movements are "Zones per turn" with a "Zone" being about the size of a room in the videogame.

The actual invention is the dice rolls to hit, because philosophically does that represent the character being inaccurate, or a "typical player"? I never decided.

I really dislike the idea of separating the character from the player giving each a distinct set of stats.

My idea in the OP was to have a dicepool and hits occuring on the average with damage reduction for statistical outliers since most weapons in the game are scatter type or low accuracy high refire.

I'm running into problems now because I'm not sure how to decrease damage over distance

Instead of increasing stats I thought it would be more thematic if I gave the chars hats and clothes to increase their effectivness or strange/unusual/australium upgrades for their guns that might increase the dicepool increasing your likelyhood of being in the statistical average

Also your move values dont make any sense? I guess they're highly rounded?

What your going to run into same as I did, was how much of the videogame do you simulate faithfully, versus how much do you personally invent to fill in the gameplay. If you get to the point where you are inventing tons of gameplay features like dice pools, stat increases, etc. then is it fair for a potential player to expect that it's the videogame IP they love, or is it your fingerprints superimposed over it?
Goodluck.

They make sense, I took the speed values from the wiki and interpreted it to how many "zones per turn" the class could move. In the prototype the map was built from 3" cardboard squares called "zones". The scout moves fastest, the others move average, and the heavy and soldier move the slowest. The ranges of the guns also refer to these zones.

Just one more question, what do the target symbol and the rotate-y pointing arrow symbol mean? Like in point blank: target a (something) enemy at 0

The gameplay was a back-and-forth activation of characters one-at a time. so characters were either "Ready" or "tapped", ready meant that they hadn't activated yet but also they were "aware" of an enemy so to speak. "Tapped" meant that they had been activated already or had been knocked out of position by something. Tapped characters were vulnerable to headshots or backstabs or the scouts melee attack, as if they weren't prepared for it.
The target symbol just meant the target of the attack.

I kinda figured that out after I asked. I like the idea of some attacks being more effective on knocked back bad guys. Gotta incorporate airblasting dudes off cliffs.

You said movement was based on rooms but how do you account for different sized rooms?

Rooms could be 1x2 or 2x2 zone tiles etc..

Also back in 2009 I had no way of making the figures but last year I got a 3d printer so these days you could actually make the prototype.

Just play Shadowrun.

Can you elaborate?

TF2 is a campaign of Shadowrun set in the 1960s.

Okay. I'm gonna keep working on this tho

Do you have the infomation to print those? I might take it down to the printer at the library

lol

thingiverse.com/thing:1979894

Fukin' neat!