Warmasters Triumvirate

BEST FRIENDS WORST FOES EDITION

Warmasters Triumvirate is an attempt at creation yet another 40k AU. The Primarchs have changed, and instead of appointing a single Warmaster upon returning to Terra, the Emperor leaves the Great Crusade in the care of three of his sons. This eventually culminates in a civil war between Loyalists, Chaos Traitors and Seperatists...

Previous Thread: Legion catalogue:
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqd6RLLgvLdYCIoLCHhQkidgXIsKUzrugyWu6pthEM/edit?ts=5915bf14#gid=0

Wiki page:
None yet

To do list:
>Decide upon the exact number of legions we're aiming for
>Fill up the three factions as evenly as possible
>Continue fluffing out the legions we already have
>Decide on who the three Warmasters are
>Make sure the Chaos Gods are properly represented

Want to join? Start out with these basic questions:
>Name
>Primarch
>Legion/Primarch Personality
>Tactical Specialty
>Thematics
>Colors

And remember, be nice, be honest, have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1jmtUpQZtG0DBNNTKFTm0r02rRDEX3DOeEmc0D_X_tC0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1t608XhyARQm0jg8zpEtVs-yJpU8EmPDbLEk-giB46dA/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Since im gonna try and start anew, would this still be a good color scheme or should I try for something else?

I think that's something already in use, or very close to a canon Chapter. And even if it's not, blue and white always winds up looking like an Ultramarines successor in any case.

That said, I tend to be very harsh about color scheme standards.

I like it, I think the colours complement eachother fairly well. The question is do they already represent your legion's character, are the colours disconnected from them or are they chosen in complete opposition?

>[President Félix] Faure died suddenly from apoplexy in the Élysée Palace on 16 February 1899, while engaged in sexual activities in his office with 30-year-old Marguerite Steinheil.
>George Clemenceau's epitaph of Faure, in the same trend, was "Il voulait être César, il ne fut que Pompée" (another wordplay in French; could mean both "he wished to be Caesar, but ended up as Pompey", or "he wished to be Caesar and ended up being blown": the verb "pomper" in French is also slang for performing oral sex on a man);

I'm thinking I could make them focus more on small scale fights, something similar to a group of 3-4 and they somewhat choose out a group to target, and duel with them (not solely melee dueling but also small fire fights). Any terminators or dreadnaughts are equipped with atleast one shield and are meant to hold back anything that would tip the scale of the "duels" too far.

I was going to go into Mot's meeting with the Emperor later. I just wanted to go over his life on Zharr-Naggrund and establish him as a total hardass. As for the ruling regime of Zharr-Naggrund, it's similar to classical greece, I suppose, in that each city-state has its own form of government and they're largely independent. At one point I was going to make it not!athas, but I don't know how viable that is anymore.

>Name
Chosen of Hecate

>Primarch
Lambach Kropor, Master of the X Legion. Powerful psyker. Prefered weapon is a Power Spear.

>Allegiance
Traitor - Nurgle.

>Personality
Value is placed on age and retaining the wisdom of the ancients.
Both a capable fighter and psyker but easily outclassed by the best of both classes( Sanga / Angron or Magnus)
Lambach can combine the two arts to place him on even or superior footing with most of his brothers.
Is well liked by most of the other Primarchs, and often found in good humour.
Primarchs like Morty and Russ would still consider him a hated abomination because of his witchery.
Believes that Big E plans to use Psykers as the way of the future and is super loyal to the cause.
Lambach is shattered after the Edict of Nikeea and questions everything he thought he knew bout the ruler of mankind.

>Tactical Specialty
As so much emphasis is placed on venerating the ancients the chapter makes more use of Dreadnaughts.
Heavily armed dreads are employed in place of Devastators or Assault marines.
Squad leaders are usually but not exclusively psykers and referred to as "Warpclaws" who favor the same weapon as the primarch.
Not uncommon for detatchments to be lead by a captain or Librarian dread.

>Thematics
Greek. The chapter symbol would be a key with crossed candles behind.

>Colors
Bleached Bone with Black trim, robes are often dark green

I actually started a 5 man squad to see what they'd look like, I may use them as a shadow war team.

>Historic / Defining Moments
Lambach landed on a world that was basically Athens the entire world over.
He was raised in the temple that takes care of the dead. Dedicated to an ancient god Hecate.
Once found by his father he discovered that earlier heavy losses had reduced his legion to a few thousand marines.
This, combined with his past led to him "recycling" marines in the form of Dreads far more often than any other Primarch.
He strongly opposed the edict of Nikeea and felt betrayed by his father when it passed.
He began heading further out in the crusade than ever before as he refused to give up his sons gifts and wished to hide this fact from prying eyes.
At some point he lost all the members of his inner circle / closest sons, beyond the point of using Dreads to raise them.
So he used his psykic powers to a far greater extent than ever before to return thier souls to thier bodies.
However the spell didn't work properly and the returned were basically Zombie marines. Also the use of such a strong and foul spell caught the atttention of Daddy.
Russ (or his equivelent in this setting) was sent to destroy the Chosen and bring Lambach to the Emperors palace.
Having been so far removed there had been little in the way of resupply or new recruits so the Chosen were completely outclassed.
Lambach asked the warp gods for help in escaping. Both Tzeentch and Nurgle answered.
Lambach preferred what Nurgle had to offer and accepted his help.
Tzeentch was fairly upset by this and cursed the Lambach and the chosen as vermin.
This resulted in the once pure geneseed becoming tainted and the marines slowly taking on the appearence of rats (Rats are Kecates chosen familiar so this is to keep with thier background a bit).
By the time the Chaos Warmaster declared Lambach, with no other options was in full support of his traitor brother.

>Kecate

Not sure if typo or frogposter. :P

Typo sorry, I noticed it as the upload hit like 99% and cbf changing it lol, my bad.

Also it looks like 10th legion has been filled since I last checked, I'd be happy to fill one of the other spots?

I think you're reading the image wrong. Legion V is filled, Legion XV has a tenative name but not an image, and Legion XX is filled, but as far as I can tell Legion X is still open.

Legion X is the smoke stalkers
Legion XIX is still free though

>Lambach asked the warp gods for help in escaping. Both Tzeentch and Nurgle answered.
>Lambach preferred what Nurgle had to offer and accepted his help.
>Tzeentch was fairly upset by this and cursed the Lambach and the chosen as vermin.

I like this part quite a bit.

>marines slowly taking on the appearence of rats

I hate this with the fire of a million Imperial suns.

Don't make Horned Rat Marines, don't make Furry Marines, don't make Skaven squeak-squeak man-thing Marines. It just ain't a good idea.

So here's how the cookie's crumbling (very nicely I must say) so far

>Loyalists:
- the Golden Mountains (I don't even know if that guy is still around though. It's a cool idea)
- the Silver Blades
- The Sentinels
- the Symphonious Disciples
- the Quaestor's Wardens

>Separatists:
- the Death's Heads
- the Host of Purity
- the Smoke Stalkers
- the Iron Guard
- the Pale Hounds

>Chaos Traitors:
- the Gunslingers
- the Chosen of Hecate
- the Loxodontii
- the Forge Lords

>Undecided:
- the Leviathan Host (don't know if this guy is still around)
- the Steel Souls
- the Pillars of Balance
- the Spears of Dawn

I like how this is all going so far. We just need to work on our fluff and our primarch's reasons for going where they're going, and then establish the warmasters for each faction

>- the Leviathan Host (don't know if this guy is still around)

I've been busy these last few days, Mother's Day and all, but I check in on the threads without posting.

Oh no worries man, keep doing what you're doing

These guys are probably gonna be the slannesh legion if the mist dudes arent gonna

I had no real intention of them being furry squeak squeak, more along the lines of master splinter I guess. Wise, not like skaven.
I like nurgle but don't like the way plague marines look so figured rats tied both to Hecate and to plague bringing.

>the Leviathan Host
Why does this sound familiar?

>master splinter

Cowabunga, but that's not any better lol.

Also I'm pretty sure any servant of Nurgle eventually winds up a pustule-ridden sack of nastiness. He doesn't really give people much choice in the matter.

If you're really going to curse them as "vermin", at least commit to it and make them a mixture of bats, bugs, slugs, spiders, rats, termites, etc. All that good shit we hate instinctively when it crawls on us.

I get the Hecate = Rat thing, but do you *really* want to be Space Yiffs 2.0?

Look on the bright side. Slannesh didnt curse them.

I like it. Squeak squeak bitches.

What happened to the Horned God?

I see your point, I could add some insect bits ect I have a few old spawn sprues lying around I could use, to make insects ect.
On the other hand saying Splinter is no better than being a furry makes me sad.

If you're just doing the Hecate thing because you happen to have some rat-marines available, then go ahead. It doesn't really bother me. I'm not trying to bust your balls here.

All good bro, constructive criticism is nice, personally would prefer to stick with the rat theme but I see where you are coming from too.
Was just commenting on a simpler time when you could like Splinter without being a furry lol

>- the Golden Mountains (I don't even know if that guy is still around though. It's a cool idea)
Still here, sorry. I swear today I get something ready.

>I swear today I get something ready.
>Hektor Heresy/Imperium Asunder flashbacks

Whoops, didn't notice the caption at the bottom.

I DO have something in progress, just working on it and reorganizing some ideas that don't seem as viable while putting thought to word.

What about setting up the relations between the Primarchs? I think that we have enough to start.

Like, Linares, Isehko and Pacha are friends, but Einchurt, Des Chain and Linares don't get along very well.

We still have to fill some gaps and name some Primarchs, but we can start.

*The Silverish Guy reporting for duty

Oi, why aren't the Titan Marchers on there?

I'm not sure if we have enough information to go on. Right now we have nearly all the Primarchs settled, but I do not feel like I know what the others are like.

Maybe we should start using PROMPTS? Worked very well for IA…

PROMPT: Your Primarch meets one of his brothers for the first time. What does the brother first notice about your Primarch?

Didn't we decide that the nurglings become beautiful in this universe???

Good idea! But yeah...we don't have enough info yet

I'm happy to have Lambach be pretty friendly woth almost everyone with 1 or 2 that just done't gel with him or down right dislike him. Any one willing to work with me on that aspect?

Also I am considering dropping the Rat man aspect, it seemed like a cool idea to make them unique when I thought of it but now I'm not sure if it is a bit assburgers.
I'd be happy to put it to a vote with the other guys making legions. If enough think I should keep it I will otherwise might scrap it?

My answer: The first physical thing one of his brothers would notice about Raj is his large turban, then his large bushy beard. Once they start talking, the other would notice that Raj is a jolly man, laughing heartily and seeming genuinely interested in his new friend's tales. If the conversation switched to more serious, Crusade-related talk, he would put on a different face. One that takes his duties very seriously and thinks very logically.

Raj is a good and genuine listener, who is often quite jolly in his demeanor, but would never joke about his work.

If the brother managed to antagonize Raj by being consistently disrespectful towards him or one of his underlings, the calm and kind Raj would make way for an explosive one. Suddenly loud and bombastic, Raj would bellow at his brother, refusing to take any shit.

The idea behind the prompts is that you answer them for your Primarch, that way the others gain a point of reference.

I'm willing to help you where I can.

Not a fan of having them be straight up rats though, furries need not apply. Nothing wrong with animalistic mutations though, tails, horn, furs. Not straight up furrification, just beastly mutations.

Alright, here we go, Golden Mountains
docs.google.com/document/d/1jmtUpQZtG0DBNNTKFTm0r02rRDEX3DOeEmc0D_X_tC0/edit?usp=sharing

Aight cool. Shame you posted it the moment I sat down for work.

I'll read it as soon as possible and give you my feedback.

Oh, sorry.

So, for Linares:

When first encountered, Linares seems like a gigantic, rude-looking and unshaved man. Talking with him will show up that he is a cheerful and friendly man, of easy laughter and good sense of humour, albeit a little bit dark. His irony and sarcasm may show up, too. The trolling part comes with confidence. If you switch to a more serious topic, like battles, tactics and strategies, he will talk with the confidence that experience and study gives, while maintaining his cheerful character.

He knows how to listen, but loves to speak, too. He may take lightly a catastrophic lose of his Legion, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't care. He may be pretty much concerned about it, but he won't change his cheerful expresion.

Disrespect towards him or his Legion will be taken as a joke at first. Reincidence in the matter will probably enrage the Primarch. Better run. You don't want to be closer than 15 LY of him if you have disrespected that much him, or worse, his Legion.

>Silver Blades Chaplain
>Yes, no full-black armor and skull helmet.

Kadir's priests have always worn these robes, and, as Chaplains are priests after all, they took that custom as theirs. What do you think?

The pic.

Cool! Sounds like Raj and Linares would get along easily enough. They'd have a good laugh together. The biggest difference would be their attitude towards their jobs. While Linares sticks with his cheerful personality, Raj tends to put on his poker face when discussion war.

Their response towards disrespect is also similar, explosive and fierce, though I get the impression Linares is quicker to resort to using his fists?

The Chaplain looks neat, though I'd expect a Silver Blades Chaplain to use some sort of sword staff, instead of the crozius

The first thing you notice about Des Chain( besides his figure, tall and slender, with a bit too much bulk on his upper body)

Are his eyes. Looking at you from a tanned unshaven face under silver grey hair, 2 ice blue eyes measure you. You think that those eyes suck in all Information about you, your upringing, your story, your prefered sleeping position.

Yes those eyes, they know you. You and your weakness. And if you die, they will be the last thing you see...

Or a crozius with a blade at the opposite end?

By the way awesome pic silvery guy.

I try to differ the look of the Gunslingers a bit. More Mantle like and ponchos^^

They are Chaplains, after all. But I suppose that nothing keeps them from carrying it to battle sheathered, like the rest of their Battle-Brothers. Putting it into the pic would overload it, I think.

>Silver Blades Librarian, v1.0

>Librarian v2.0

Which one is cooler?

His patience has a limit, you know. And being the impulsive guy he is, it may be scarce.

Alrighty cool, when I wrote the rat thing the thought of them being labled furries never once crossed my mind. But now that it has I can't shake it.
So what I might do is have the daemonicly posessed units have mutations that favor Rat like mutations as a way of keeping the theme. But as a whole the marines look like standard chaos marines.
I'll focus more on the Drednaught / necromancer aspect.
Thanks mate.

The constructor don't let me modify that. Will try with another program later.

So basically, when Des (or Chain? What would be his preferred name?) enter a room, you get the dramatic spaghetti western close-up? Neat.

What's he like though? Cold and distant? Or warm and friendly? Something in-between?

Personally, I prefer the second. A Silver Blade should be Silver, ya know?

I had a thought. The idea right now is to make them Nurglites, but you could go the Tzeentch route with them as well. They're already mostly Psychic, plus it'd allow for a wide array of animalistic mutations, ranging from rat tails to a deer's antlers.

Putting ponchos on the Gunslingers is a nice aesthetic, thought I'm pretty sure it's not something the Chapter Generator has. Something to keep in mind when describing them and Des Chain.

That's what I thought. So, apothecaries should follow that pattern, too? As they are white, they don't break that much from the general aesthethic.

The apothecary white looks fine. You could try the alternative, but I don't think it's nessecary.

No, it isn't.

What would the plural of Exterminatus be? Exterminati?

I actually renamed him to Deshain Kane^^

And Kane is his preferred name.

And yes, exactly the spaghetti western. The stranger comes into the saloon, everything is suddenly silent.

And his behavior depends on the situation. To people distant to him he might be cold and arrogant. But his men admire him because his strategies save their lives.

If he is in control, even the imperial army carss for him. If it is a joint venture campaign and he doesn't have the high command, his men comes first. The others bleed. The gunslingers win. There is no glory when you are dead. His legion is his power and to preserve them and make them better is the key to gain more power. (and later to collect more skulls, preferably the skulls of the others)

For that reason some of his brothers don't like him and the Gunslingers. Others respect him.

How do you think Raj and Kane would get along? I think Raj would be put off by Kane's 'my men first' attitude. I also get the impression Kane might be slightly uncomfortable with Raj's jolly, almost bombastic attitude towards his brothers?

How do you think he'd interact with Linares?

I could see Kane getting into a fight with Linares. I think he would provoke them and suddenly land a blow and then walk away.

With Raj it depends. At first he could be feeling awkward about Raj jolly behavior. Maybe he tests if it is only show. But there is the possibilty that Raj could earn Kanes respect. (Lineares too. Kane respects power)

But if Raj offends Kane because of the "his men first"- attitude or tries to lectur him, it could be that kane shoots him a bullet next to his head and answers thst next time it is between the head. Which would lead to a fist fight I suppose^^

Agreed XD. Linares and Kane may get along well enough or end up fistfighting in the middle of the briefing. Probably, the last.

>Your Primarch meets one of his brothers for the first time. What does the brother first notice about your Primarch?

Ashur is pretty much a puppydog when it comes to meeting his brothers. He welcomes them all with a genuine excitement and cheerfulness that utterly goes against the fact he's a 10ft. tall mountain of muscle bred to conquer a galaxy. He would try to know everything and in turn impart them all on his own story, whether they asked for it or not.
The first thing people will notice about Ashur is the fact he rarely wears armour when not officially in combat, and instead pelts and comfortable, lose clothes with the odd jewel sewn into the fabric, as well as the skull of his elephant sister on his shoulder.

May actually draw up Ashur at some point.

Maybe afterwards they call each other bros. Well after they called upon every insult they can imagine^^

Alright, finally got to reading this.

I gotta say, I like it. Starting off simple, just a farmer's boy, that eventually finds himself getting more and more responsibility thrust upon him. The idea of the marines learning to grow crops and tending to farms is quite fun, certainly different from what I've seen before.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that he somehow becomes the ruler of the entire planet. For that to happen on such a basic world, it would have to atleast be Pangea like, and even then it seems unlikely, considering the most advanced communications technology would be something like a carrier pigeon.

Sure!

How tall should a Primarch be to be considered gigantic between his peers?

Considering marines are 7-8 ft, the Primarchs tend to be around 9-12 ft, I think.

*among

Tbh, not that unlikely considering how big the Mongol Empire got at its peak (or Charles V and the Empire where the sun never set). And then, I never specifically set a timeframe during which Pacha completes his conquest.

Any alternatives would be appreciated, though, as it's pretty much standard for Primarch background to have them have conquered (or got to ruling through other methods) their homeworld by the time they were found, Angron being the biggest exception.

Can someone update the picture with all the chosen Legions?

Even the Mongol Empire didn't conquer the entire world, and they didn't do it peacefully.

I think it might be important to establish exactly what the tech level of Suyu IV is. From there you can establish exactly how much he could realistically absorb into his empire. Him taking the continent he's on into his Empire is still believable. A united, global government pre-telegraph is pretty much impossible. The only way to have that would be for him to be a much better and more powerful psyker than you are going for.

I reckon the first thing anyone would notice about Valorn is that he is meticulously clean. Valorn always keeps his chin bald and his hair cropped, with nary a hair out of place. If his brother met him after a battle he might notice a few new licks of paint on Valorn's armour, covering scorch marks and other minor battle damage. The second thing he might notice is Valorn's grave and serious demeanour. Valorn is good at concealing his emotions and so is not very emotive. However, if he was in a particularly good mood that day his brother might play audience to flashes of dry sarcastic wit that rarely saw the light of day outside the company of Valorn's close friends.

Whilst Valorn knows how to talk he also knows how to listen. As such conversations with him can be rather one sided, with Valorn's only vocal contributions being short and to the point.

This is as far as I've gotten so far.

Raj and Ashur meeting would be an interesting on then. Raj would let Ashur rattle on, patiently listening to his new brother.

A meeting between Raj and Valorn would be quite different. Raj is certainly not as well kempt as Valorn is, and the Titan Lord wears the battle damage with pride. Valorn might also be put off by Raj's immediately open attitude, though Raj would certainly lend his ear to Valorn. I think Raj would greatly respect Valorn as a soldier and commander, appreciating his attitude in times of war and combat, but think he's a bit of boring one outside of that.

Now that they're all together, I can't help but notice some of the schemes are pretty similar to each other. Gunslingers-Silver Blades, Death's Heads-Chosen of Hecate, Smoke Stalkers-Pale Hounds...

I will be honest: That's not interesting, at all. It's literally one person being courteous, and the other being overtly sharing. It's basically me and one of my best friends.

Guess which one I am.

And I have to interfere here: Smoke Stalkers and Pale Hounds are not any more similar than say the Loxodontii and the Leviathan Host and CoH and Death's heads are really distinct. The ones I do agree with are Gunslingers and Silver Blades.

What I do agree with is that browns and pastell colours are extremely dominant. Thanks to the Symphonious Disciples, the Titan Marchers and the Golden Mountains for breaking it up a good bit!

While we're on the subject:
It's Leviathan Host, not Leviathan Horde
It's LoxOdontii, not LoxIdontii

Again, thank you so much for keeping the roster updated Britfriend.

Dark Angels - Iron Hands -Raven Guard
World Eaters - White Scars - Lunar Wolves
Space Wolves - Word Bearers

And so one. If you look in the canon legions you have a reduced color Palette ansd easy color schemes. One Main color and mostly one secondary. Nothing like half vor Quarter schemes.
Personally i like the reduced approach. If necessary i change gun Metall to dark grey. However similarities are also a thing in canon.

I mistyped, I meant to say it wouldn't be an interesting one...

You both make fair points on the color schemes. I do think a bit more vibrancy might be worth considering though, a lot of the schemes are very muted.

Dammit. I thought I'd fixed that error.

Sorted now

I agree on the vibrancy bit.

Not changing my scheme, though. I call dibs on being a lazy cunt for being one of the earliest entries.

Or not. I need more caffeine.

Hm, guess I'll go with the single-continent way, then.

>Your Primarch meets one of his brothers for the first time. What does the brother first notice about your Primarch?
Well, first thing is Pacha giving them a bearhug and inviting them to have a proper meal over which to talk.

Pacha is also loud and expressive, both in the sound of his words and movements, as well as in how easy it is to read him. After a few words, the next thing is that Pacha is a simple man. The primarch is not a fool by any means, but he's not one for abstract thought (or rather thought that he cannot make a pragmatic, down-to-earth comparison of), nor one to get wordplay and such things.

More Vibrancy^^. gruesome

The Silver Blades were first!

Linares would like Pacha, maybe. Or surely. I like him!

Silver+Orange...I don't see it. But if you are Ok with it, ok then.

The orange is a stark improvement, but the silver seems... out of place? In fact, I think that out of any legion in the line-up, they're the ones that should GUNmetal grey.

Raj would certainly appreciate Pacha's warm attitude and be happy to simply sit and listen to him. Pacha might not fully understand Raj's occasionally very philosophical way of thinking and speaking, but I think they would be friendly nonetheless. Raj does not eat a whole lot though, so that might be something that Pacha could take the wrong way?

Updated my description file.

docs.google.com/document/d/1t608XhyARQm0jg8zpEtVs-yJpU8EmPDbLEk-giB46dA/edit?usp=sharing

Link for the everyone interested.

You guys are filling up rather quickly so I won't join in but I felt a creative urge, so here we go.

>Name
The Gentry
>Primarch
Vardon L'Ancien
>Legion/Primarch Personality
Reigning from the sarcophagus of a dreadnought, L'Ancien is a regal and fatherly figure, a statesman rather than a warrior. This applies to the Gentry as a whole, who act according to noblesse oblige. Their innate superiority over humanity entails the responsibility to not only defend their lessers but rule them with wisdom that only the Adeptus Astartes. At their best, they define nobility and acuity. At their worst, they are condescending and arrogant, obsessed with their superiority.
>Tactical Specialty
The Gentry operate in a unique fashion, integrating themselves into the Astra Militarum rather than operating as an independent force. Each of the Gentry is trained to be a leader rather than a warrior, educated in the management of logistics, strategy and morale. Every fully fledged Space Marine in the legion is capable of leading a platoon of guardsmen to victory with precision and grace. However, this predisposition towards leadership makes them less suited for the squad tactics that the Adeptus Astartes are normally known for. As such, the Gentry are best used to greatly bolster the efficiency of the Imperial Guard rather than perform surgical strikes.
>Thematics
L'Ancien and his Gentry are based on the old regime of France, before its revolution. French terminology and ideals from that era are used in abundance. In terms of appearance, they aren't especially unique except for overuse of gilding on their armor. They could easily end up as Loyalists, Traitors or Separatists.

Now I see the problem. In my Chapter Creator the color of the Gunslingers IS gunmetal grey. It seems it can't be displayed properly. It is not supposed to be silver

The orange was just a joke to add more vibrancy. I would take red but then they look like this dark angel chapter brotherhood covenant or of I don't know^^

No problem then!

Quads can't be wrong

Loyal, Secessionist or Traitor?

just as a sidenote, Crassus was a hilariously bad military commander. He invented the infantry square about 1800 years before it was useful, and used it without missile superiority

As said at the end, could easily end up as any of the three. It's hard to say which is more suited to them and which of the other Legions they would mesh best with.

Quite interesting! We're filling up quickly, but I think we still have one or two slots left. Probably not on the Loyalist side of things, unfortunately.

Then again, after we've filled up, we might need to evaluate what we have. Some legions might have to be scrapped if we don't think they add anything unique, or the user that suggested them isn't responding.

I'm guessing Loyalist, since they're heavily integrated into the Astra Militarum.

Wrong thread?

His thing was money management, not military stuff

He is talking about one of Caesar's friends, Crasus. Is in the OP pic.

It's written as a pre-Heresy description of the Gentry.

Post-Heresy, they could still be heavily integrated into the Astra Militarum as loyalists, lording whatever cult and marauders they dominate as traitors or handling the logistics, administration and primary military of the separatists.

What legions are most likely get along with a bunch of noblesse-oblige adhering Frenchmen and which are the most likely to end up as foes?

Cheeky cunts

How large do you think a legion fleet would be?

Lambach Kropor is steeped in a quiet confidence.
Due to his relatively peaceful upbringing he has perhaps had more time to devote to study than some of his more warlike brothers.
He knows that he likely has the answer to most questions and will seek to learn from his brothers if he believes they have something to offer him.
Due to his calm demenour and peaceful upbringing many of the others make the false assumption that Lambach would be easy pickings in a fight.
A fact that Lambach is more than happy to dispute in a freindly duel.
Lambach is average size as far as primarchs go, with stone grey eyes and shaggy brown hair.
He has gone to great lengths to ensure he has a friendly relationship with as many of his brothers as he can but there are some who would rather he didn't.

I took out the bit about becoming rat men but more or less left his back story the same.
>Historic / Defining Moments
Lambach landed on a world that was basically Athens the entire world over.
He was raised in the temple that takes care of the dead. Dedicated to an ancient god Hecate.
Once found by his father he discovered that earlier heavy losses had reduced his legion to a few thousand marines.
This, combined with his past led to him "recycling" marines in the form of Dreads far more often than any other Primarch.
He strongly opposed the edict of Nikeea and felt betrayed by his father when it passed.
He began heading further out in the crusade than ever before as he refused to give up his sons gifts and wished to hide this fact from prying eyes.
At some point he lost all the members of his inner circle / closest sons, beyond the point of using Dreads to raise them.
So he used his psykic powers to a far greater extent than ever before to return thier souls to thier bodies.
However the spell didn't work properly and the returned were basically Zombie marines. Also the use of such a strong and foul spell caught the atttention of Daddy.
Russ (or his equivelent in this setting) was sent to destroy the Chosen and bring Lambach to the Emperors palace.
Having been so far removed there had been little in the way of resupply or new recruits so the Chosen were completely outclassed.
Lambach asked the warp gods for help in escaping. Both Tzeentch and Nurgle answered.
Lambach preferred what Nurgle had to offer and accepted his help.
Tzeentch was fairly upset by this and cursed Lambach and the chosen as vermin.
As a result the Tzeentch counterpart may not work well with Lambach's marines.
By the time the Chaos Warmaster declared Lambach, with no other options was in full support of his traitor brother.

Ah, derp. My ancient/Roman history is not what it should be. I'm more of a post-sixteenth century kind of guy.

Can't say for sure, not the Titan Marchers.

And so my search for a brother Raj dislikes continues.

Mot has no friends, no one even wants to be next to him on the chart.

Zelbezis will come across as a cold, judging bastard. Judging is what he does best. He's not one for discussing stuff that is off topic, and even on the rare occasions he does, he will not dwell on it for long. In contrast to his demeanour, he is also a skilled orator and poet, with speeches glorifying the values of Strength, Discipline, and Determination.

On another point, I could see Vardon being the Separatist Warmaster.

I agree. I wouldn't know who to appoint as the Chaos Warmaster, or the Arch-traitor. Krees or Linares for the Loyalists. I don't think Je'She has the attitude to be Warmaster. It shouldn't be Raj either, as his legion fills more of a specialist/support role.