What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the characters in Wrath of the Righteous?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the characters in Wrath of the Righteous?

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/threads/rzs2qu2i?Iomedaes-Tyranny
paizo.com/threads/rzs2qngl?Book-5-Discussion-on-Iomedae-SPOILERS-AHOY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its pathfinder by the looks of it, so its probably bad.

Yeah it gets talked about a lot for being mechanically bad, but what about the roleplay and characters?

refer to

If I recall, this is the adventure that's infamous for having totally unreasonable characters and trap options in the roleplaying itself instead of just in the game mechanics. The characters meet a god at one point and get punished/killed if they don't do exactly the right thing, which is not made entirely clear at the beginning. And this god is supposed to be neutral good.

wew

I dare not enter your magical realm, sir.

Not mine, madam, but the noble Jacobs, et al.

He's been doing saucy tiefling ladies for a while hasn't he? I remember one of the Savage Tide iconics back from when Dungeon magazine was still a thing that looks more or less like OP's pic.

Tiefling/succubus/half-succubus ladies are a theme with him, but he does elves and humans too.

>getting Wayne Reynolds to draw your waifus
the dream job

Lawful Good, and that problem is exaggerated by loser atheists and Asmodeus fans, so don't listen to everything you hear.

>thicc tiddy demon

10/10 would give lawful.hot dickings to

The first book has you teaming up with a trannie self-insert paladin whose girlfriend is also a prominent character, to fight those damn oppressive cis-het demons. The last book is built up to be the final assault on hell itself, but you (a party of epic level characters with the power to challenge gods) spend half your time in an extradimensional brothel fending off succubus whores. This actually sounds hilarious but it comes off incredibly stupid.

Not amazing that adventure path basically shot Mythic in the leg. Made Iomadae one of the
most disliked deities in pathfinder. And had some weird redemption arc for a character that is mostly fueled by the party wanting to bang her. Though most of that could be forgiven if James Jacob hadn't handled the criticism so badly .

You don't do it justice. It is female half-orc paladin that is sent do rescued a damsel who is actually a cross-dresser. Later on fell in love and get a magic item that helps a crossdresser to a gender swap. How does this impact the story? In no way. but it takes 2 pages that could have been used for actual adventure content.

>Not amazing that adventure path basically shot Mythic in the leg. Made Iomadae one of the
>most disliked deities in pathfinder.
wow. more detail?

>if James Jacob hadn't handled the criticism so badly .
what did he do?

Wait, what? I never saw those characters. What happened to the blind knight and his asshole of a father?

It's just inconsistent writing. The God Source Book with the Definitive Information on the Gods of the Inner Sea has a perfectly pleasant depiction of the deity Iomedae.

It's just the awful APs that fuck things up, which is hardly surprising.

Your GM probably removed them from the game because they don't bring anything to the story but EQUALITY. I don't know about blind knight. I read only a first adventure and I didn't like the premise. I was hoping demon invasion would be handled more interestingly but it wasn't. I didn't bother reading future adventures.

Isn't it normal for lore/roleplaying info to take up pages that way?

Because of how badly received this adventure path was JJ said it discouraged them from making another Mythic AP. As for Iomadae just google her name and the adventure path and you can find a forum with JJ trying to defend this shit with "your GM can change it" excuses. And then basically shooting down people with legitimate criticism on the book. It's true people exaggerate how bad it is but not by much.

Just ignore the Adventure completely. It's not a setting book, like Inner Sea Gods. All you need for your game is the setting books, if anything.

Someone else's interpretation of Iomedae means fuck-all unless you're running that person's adventures.

it is normal for lore/roleplaying info to take place. Difference is lore actually has a purpose. This doesn't.

This is similar to when some GMs use their GMPC. If you removed them from the story nothing would be lost. It is same with this. These npcs don't bring anything to the story. They were there only for "oh look, we are so progressive. Buy our books (P.S. sjws won't buy your products. They are just loud few.)"

>Because of how badly received this adventure path was JJ said it discouraged them from making another Mythic AP.
wow so they ruined their big new ruleset and a major deity in their setting with the one ap.

i found these threads
paizo.com/threads/rzs2qu2i?Iomedaes-Tyranny
paizo.com/threads/rzs2qngl?Book-5-Discussion-on-Iomedae-SPOILERS-AHOY

second one has jj posting.

Poor mythic.

Oh, right. My GM made it so that instead of the trannie couple, there was an earnest but temporarily flash-blinded LG Knight. The unique thing was, his father with a CN Cavalier (retired), who had earned the family's fortune by plundering and looting.

He doted on his son, but wasn't happy that his son had 'found religion'. The party's Sorceress hit it off with the son, but eventually became the dad's mistress.

So much better than what Savanah or Crystal or whichever one is the mtf at Paizo wrote.

Better story, better plot hook for the PCs, and more options for counting the story with the players' involvement.

>that spoiler
Wew. Greentext.

> Party's Sorceress is sexy but a bit of a femme fatale.
> Sticks close to blind knight during the initial escape, takes good care of him.
> They hit it off.
> After they get out, we get invited to his manor.
> His father is basically a middle-aged guy going to seed, still powerful, very boisterous and a little crude. Very much an old-school 'break down the door, kill everyone, loot and pillage' Cavalier.
> Instantly has eyes for the sorceress.
> So much sexual tension.
> Sorceress spends more and more time at the manor, ostensibly to get closer to the knight, but is obviously flirting with his dad.
> Attends social events with him, and basically becomes the 'woman of the house'.
> At one point he flat-out asks her to be his mistress, and she agrees enthusiastically.
> Sorceress retires, and proceeds to spend the rest of the campaign having her brains fucked out by her new sugar-daddy.
> The two of them marry at the end of the campaign.

Quality RP.

...wait, what
I'm running Reign and the party, in the middle of a dangerous giant-invded dungeon, ran into a woman who used to be a man and who is currently in a romantic spat with the dungeon's female overseer.