Character concepts

ITT: Post your character concepts, get judged, and cast judgement on the horrible tastes and awful imaginations of other anons.

Tzimisce anti-tribu, who's agreed to stop making horrible monstrosities in exchange for the safety the camarilla offers. But he misses the art. He's a plastic surgeon without a license but beautiful results, and he accepts credit and advertises by word of mouth. But if you miss a payment... he hauls you back in, and leaves something awful on you. Something small, somewhere easy to cover. But it's something for him. A little bit of the art back. He's treading a line, and soon enough, he'll learn whether he can give up his sculpting for safety, or whether he will eventually lose himself to the needs of the craft.

Boy scout, just before eagle, total freakin' loser who just got killed by a serial killer and had to come to terms with the fact the only thing there could have been to say about him, when he died, is that he got pretty close to getting his eagle badge, and almost nothing else. As a Geist now, he's trying to figure out whether that's really a life goal he wants anymore, and if not, what to do with himself now. Plays as a skillmonkey.

Samurai. Second son of a feudal lord, essentially groomed just to take care of military matters for when his brother becomes daimyo. Joined a band of warriors dedicated to killing a powerful demon king who was steamrolling a bunch of other clans and making a beeline for the capital. Got his ass handed to him and returned home to find everything destroyed, his father dead, his brother missing, and the land taken over by a rival clan that wants his head. Has since left his home country of the setting's Not!Japan to find his brother, find out what happened, and hopefully make some friends who want to kick some demon ass along the way. Plays a bit like a hero in a Kurosawa film.

Bard, school of lore. Middle aged human, big round belly and soft fatherly hands. Has very low STR DEX but high wis and int. At first flance just a cheerful uncle type, but he is professional hitman/bounty hunter. His methods are mainly poison, deception, illusions, forging documents and disguises. He is also a professional spy

In a party he has a support role or information gathering. When confronted in battle he relies on tricks and gadgets.. rarely fights fairly

How is he considered by the Camarilla? Isn't he under surveillance of some sort (I don't know much about antitribu)? Otherwise nice, but I suppose you'd need some character trait to make him interact with your group more. What role does he fill in your group?

S'okay. Where did he get his skills? How old is he?

Didn't he get any news from home before that? Shouldn't "leaving your homeland at the hands of your rival" be considered something highly dishonorable in not!Japan?

I like the idea. How did he come to be a hitman, though? How is his real personality?

Characters I made for a post-apocalyptic game in the Lisa setting (all women have been dead for a dozen years). Our GM told us to make two in case one dies, 'cause he wants the game to be pretty lethal.
-Middle-aged mechanic looking for his son. Roams the wasteland on his bike, gets his bike stolen frequently, manages to survive in the middles of the gangs because his skillset is useful and he knows when to fold it. Tries to be a gentleman, dresses as handsomely as he can to hold the flame of civilization. Looks like a Sapeur. Started quietly taking drugs recently, because it's really becoming hard to come. Absolutely shamed of it.
-Ex-NEET gangmember. Used to be depressive and live in his family's basement. Then all women died suddenly ; he got out of the basement to discover his sisters and his mother dead, and his father looking at them stupidly. He killed his father, thinking he was responsible, and only discovered the truth when he had to go outside to get food. Got abducted by a gang, nasty stuff happened, making him snap pretty badly. Betrayed "his" gang, joined another as some sort of berserk legbreaker. Fights with an anime body-pillow filled with sand and gravel. Not necessarily a good fighter, just unpredictable, twitchy, and ready to do anything. Still a junkie, consumes anything and everything.

Ex-MMA fighter, with a pretty good 11-5-2 record. Retired early due to a head injury that has messed up his short-term memory. No doctor is willing to clear him for the ring in fear of him getting killed by another hard blow to his head and he is pretty shit at other jobs. Currently unemployed, managing to live in decent condition by sheer virtue of being able to hit on chicks and crash at their place for the night. He loathes that and his self-esteem has gone down the shitter. Currently preparing to give a tryout for the local police force.

Game is WoD Mortals, no more details provided by the storyteller.

Half-elf bard, born out of the union of a human farm girl and an elven minstrel, in a brief but passionate affair in the woods. She left him there in the forest to be raised by his father's people.

He grew to be a gregarious and lovely child who made friends easily, whose black hair was a curiosity among his blonde peers, and who had a lovely singing voice. He joined the elvish youth choir and became its lead singer, and future seemed bright and illustrious to him - until one day, in the middle of an important concert, where he had his great solo number in the climax, with all eyes on him, that grave disaster struck... puberty.

All of a sudden, his voice cracked. It lowered itself to such depths that the lovely and feminine elves found hideous, even profane. The play was ruined. Fame and goodwill, all granted to him like on silver platter until now, were lost.

He left home in shame, still afraid of his deep voice, even though by human standards it could be considered quite attractive. He says little, but still plays his lute well, and still finds it easy to befriend people in the outside world. He now quests to see the realms and to find a new place to himself, somewhere where people can fully accept him.

He dresses in white clothing, to better accentuate his natural black hair, which he keeps long and settles in a rebellious hairstyle. He's a bit elvish.

A wacky old human scholar turned warlock. In his 20s he turned his back on society in order to travel the world and learn everything he could. Eventually he comes across an ancient tome of unspeakable knowledge and he gains warlock magic from the lovecraftian pantheon. He is well known for his vast knowledge and is sought out by those in need of insight. Unfortunately his pact with the Great Old Ones and his absence from civilization has left him a bit screwy. He has a weekly poker night in a pocket dimension with a devil, a demon lord, a minor deity, a fey, the leader of the wizards organization, a famous bard and a modern day scientist who accidentally discovered dimensional travel. Of course noone actually believes this happens because of the characters questionable sanity.

Knight who serves a library instead of a lord. She's tasked with recording history as it happens, and bringing anything she perceives as historically accurate back to the library.

Is kind of sheltered, and is a bit of a book nerd. While she is friendly, she wont hesitate to steal something if its of enough historical relevance.

Despite her being a total book nerd, she's been trained from the age of 9 to be a knight, and is physically fit and quite strong. She knows some very basic magic, and frequently uses an enchanted spear as her primary weapon.

I've always wanted to play a Druid, but like, as historically accurate as I can get it.
So no outright magic, but still with the ability to divine portents from pretty much everything. Maybe a good healer, but in the way that a regular doctor would be, though maybe with a bit more herbal remedy type stuff and all that. Very spiritual, very much disgusted by violence but that can be swayed if it's for protection.

There's just something about being such a simple, down to Earth character that's really appealing to me. Maybe it won't be in the typical "save the entire world" type TTRPG that gets played most often, but just something more lowkey. Something real comfy. I imagine them having a garden that they take care of nearby some sort of holy land that some other less local druids come to for the eight Festivals a year.

I really want to play a ferocious char.
Race doesen't matter i guess.
But i want a feral fighter that fights with claws, not like wolverine claws made from steel but real animal claws made in shape of a fist weapon.
He figths like an animal and he wants total annihilation of his enemy, but not because he's evil just because he wants to survive.
despite being a savage it's not a nature defender and an animal hugger and he can roam cities freely .
I accept advice and criticism

Tiefling warlock, acts like a spoiled child who pesters his grandfather, his pact patron, for magic.

Simple, yet efficient. Creates good intrapersonal conflict and gives the character a good enough motivation that can be grasped by the party and enhanced.

This sounds weird. Seems good enough for a goofy campaign though.

Kinda snowflaky. The concept is good enough, but the artifact theft should be portrayed as a flaw of the character's and help round her a bit. How is she psychologically after spending most of her life since a child being trained to be a lorekeeper knight? Does she have something that she wants outside of books?

I can't give you much input and advice if you don't specify a system.

k

this sounds really fun with the right group. You want to play him in a setting that actually has no magic/very little magic I guess? Theological Discussions with a cleric that is similar yet different to you would be so comfy.

My newest character is a really curious, nerdy young shadowrunner, just starting his first shadowrun after the last few months have been harsh with no legal clients as a private investigator, but mostly out of curiosity and boredom, having lived a really sheltered life for Shadowrun standards. His father was someone important and pulled some strings to let him live a carefree life after his passing, and he has friends of his dad in the police that close an eye about small things for him.
He's an unregistered magic user, as curious about alchemy as he is about history, taking up the name Francis Drake as a Shadowrunner Alias. He is jet to have his first firefight or see someone die up close, and so far has been taking his objectives as some kind of brain puzzle, much to the annoyance of the cyborg assasin lady he is working with. He's a child at heart, sheltered and spoiled, and I'm going to RP the hell out of his shock and trauma caused by being thrown into the real, hellish world.
Also I'm going to focus his magic on trickery and elaborate plans mixed with gunslinging and acrobatics, but only start playing it out effectivly over time, him gathering experience.

sorry first timer
the system is PF

The Half-elf Bard Castello and his Half-orc Bard Cohort Robrex are The Two Halves Performance Company.

They're a duo of Bards who's Bardic Performance is just them sports commentating the combat. Castello is a regular Bard where Robrex has the Satire Bardic Performence ability that lets him debuff enemies instead, so both thier performances come into play. Castello inspires with his high-energy 1940's commentator voice while Robrex puts 'em down, with his low, growling monotone.

They're also half-brothers, both sons of a Bard hero who famously got around a lot. This is kinda just to give another angle to thier performers duo name.

I'm not totally set on that name though. "The Two Halves" is definetly going in but I'm not sold on the "Performance Company" part. Please to leave suggestions for this if you got any.

Samurai guy here. Setting's not!Japan is based off of Sengoku era instead of Edo, so leaving isn't dishonorable. He received no news of what happened at home because the enemy clan had the only messenger followed and killed. What he's unaware of is that the enemy clan is working with the Demon King and helping make a run for Shogun by aiding him in taking the capital.

Oh, also he (the samurai) does not understand why people use forks. He finds it barbaric.

I normally squint when people write specific niche combat-related careers into the background of their modern day characters to justify being a badass, but this guy seems fucked up and compelling in a sympathetic way. I like it.

Are you representing his head injury with any mechanics?

It's only a really simple one, and I don't know where I'd use him, but a cleric of the ocean - not ocean gods or things that dwell in the ocean, but just of the ocean itself, an ex-sailor who carries a vial of ocean water around his neck and uses a chained up ship's wheel as a weapon. He's all about respecting the ocean, how it can bring bounties and calamities, how it's a source of life but can bring death just as easily, the values of teamwork and community, seeking new horizons spiritually. He does get boons and powers, namely that good weather seems to follow him, fishing is bountiful near him, but he can also call on winds and storms to do battle, as well as the strength of the ocean itself.

I've taken the Forgetful flaw which makes remembering anything considered "minor" nigh impossible. Additionally, I picked Intelligence 1 Composure 2, making remembering stuff that aren't major or recent even more difficult.

And yeah, I too cringe when I get presented a character who has some martial arts/military related background just so he can have a high combat skill. I just recently started looking up info on concussions and post-concussion syndrome and thought it would be interesting if I gave a character like that a shot.

Teenage prodigy wizard who thinks he's the hottest shit ever. Would play in 3.5 so I could be as obnoxious as possible and have the power to back it up. Pretty much the standard "hahahaha you cannot compare to my power" jack-ass that the party might end up actually wishing for to die despite him doing only things for their good. Considered making him a mystic theurge but that would require him to worship a power higher than himself and I can't see him doing that.

Played something close to this in WoD
He was a Hunter with some spells from Witchfinders to shape-shifting into animals & make plants grow etc.

He grew up in a commune, but left cause he didn't like it. Tooled around in a van selling pot & other more legal plants & flowers. He used his plant growth powers so he didn't always have pot on him, just seeds. he was a really cool character always wanted to help & be peaceful & get some action, but if he had too he'd turn into a bear & ruin your day

Crusaders War Golem who acted as the might behind a band of crusaders sworn to destroy evil. Raided and attempted to kill a powerful shaman (who they decicded was evil) and were all slaughtered save for the golem, who eviscerated the shaman in half at the waist. The shaman had prepared for this possibility and was able to keep himself alive at the head through magical bullshit, and also figured out a way to control the crusaders golem. Now a talking head, the golem he controls carries him around in a cage as his quest to find a way to transport his consciousness into the golem contrinues.

Goliath barbarian who married a dwarven diplomat his tribe had been hired to protect and guide on her mission to several different kingdoms.

After living in the capital doing odd jobs for the military, and traveling as her body guard, has set out because he is fed up with more traditional dwarves undermining his wife's authority, only because they see him as a savage and outsider, and putting her at risk of loosing her station due to deals falling through. Vows to make a name for himself to help re-secure his wife's position and so he can be the hero his children already see him as.

A Grizzled knight living the murderhobo/scamer life together with his squire, an ugly middle aged man suffering from dwarfism. The knight is the disinherited second son of a poor baron. He has a never ending thirst for fashion, fine wine and other expensive frivolities trying suppress his inferiority complex resulting from his disinheritance. As side effect of his taste for wine he suffers from alcoholism, although he could be described as a high functioning one. He dabbles in philosophy, poetry and theology and may appear as cultured to the uninitiated. Always short on money, yet a crafty man, he often feigns being of higher social rank tricking the local lesser nobility into his schemes. If not a master, he's at the least a journeyman of forgery. He's a good enough fighter, but prefers to keep his sword sheathed. Over the years he and his squire have formed a strong bond to one another, master and servant, yet the best of companions.

Just letting you know, five hours late, that you are MY NIGGA