Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1497: Dancing Robot Frogs In The Rain Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx
1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_anime
vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/kamenrider/images/0/05/V3-vi-turtlebazooka.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120704203052
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why Is poison and disease magic the best?

Nurgle please leave.

It is not.

Baka, dimensional magic is the best.

No, time magic is.

>Not creating retroactive lethal AIDS and reducing the world population to an average age of 13 as billions die, plunging the world into a dark age and making everyone fear sex.
I guess you could blow up a planet or something but that isn't as fun.

Because for the majority of human history, people thought poison and disease actually were magic, so there's a strong thematic link ready to be taken advantage of.

Jump of that pic when.

Generic dungeon
22 yo male
Northeastlands
Overlord 900
When youre evil free
A father to your minions 800

Dungeon heart
Core free

Themes
• Natural 800
• Outside 700
• Jumpers theme free

Advanced themes
• Dungeon towns 400

Facilities
• Inn 300
• Spa 150
• Library -50

Monsters
• Special qualities x3 -200
○ Status haxors
○ Smart
○ Humanoid form
• Adaptability -300

Perks
My art is dungeons -500
True maze -650
House of leaves -850
Magic integration -1050

Items
Consequence tablet -1250
Tablet of law -1650
Dungeon chests -1700

Drawbacks
Dungeon wars -1100
Plucky adventurers -900
Public enemy number 1 -700
Adventurers guild -500
Mating octopi -300
Innefectual -100
Glitchy 0

I think Im just going to make ecosystems and all in my dungeons and abuse the creature spawn function with evo perks.

My jumpmaker slave is busy working on New Phyrexia at the moment. Perhaps after

What are your favorite canon companions?

Satan.

.... And I forgot the document like a moron.
Alright, take two!

oh man, don't ask me to choose between my daughter-in-law and my Lord Marshall of the armies/drinking buddy...

What stuff?

Let the wincest commence.

So, I made a build for The Irregular At Magic Highschool over here: And in it, I took the Super Sue Tatsuya drawback, along with the Emotion Dampener drawback, so Tatsuya overshadowing me all the time didn't bother me as much! ... as much.
And I mostly used the jump as an excuse to steal magitech notes and shit. But what I DIDN'T say was that eventually I got tired of that, what with Tatsuya, and the Rival, and the Oniisama, and decided to just attack the world with robot armies.

I wasn't the face of that, mind. That would be a good way to get deconstructed. And I didn't necessarily even set out with the task to kill Tatsuya. Just to fuck up his day.
So I just sortof wound them up and said "go destroy this planet", and they were like, "Okay!", and then hung out on the sidelines. And if the IRC's dice roller is any indicator, apparently this was alarmingly effective!
Like, "80% of the world is now dead," effective.
That's pretty neat. I wasn't even planning for that.

So, /jc/, I just wanted to ask...
What's a good aesthetic for this robot army? I want it to be non-obvious that I'm the one pulling the strings, so I figured I'd ask people who weren't me.

As a more generalized question, what's your favorite minion design? What do your minions (assuming you have any) look like?

what are some of the more reliable ways to kill an Endbringer out of worm? I get that something like Sting pretty much lolnope's their durability, but having to hit them when they can move as fast as they do makes that a bit impractical.

Necrons. They are more or less the definition of unstoppable force once they get going. And I don't see the deconstructing thing really working on them, if it works like people said it does that is. Cause turning Necrodermis into energy would just let the Necrodermis absorb energy and grow more of itself.

Some sort of dimensional portal, just throw them in there and they'll never be a problem again. Otherwise anything that can hit the core, or attacks that ignore defenses.

Time is a dimension.

I took into account the various questions and commentaries in the past few threads.
What changed is in the changelog.

Aside from Umineko, I don't think there is a place that offers that kind of dimensional manipulation. And even then the best stuff is locked until the chain is over.

I'd suggest just having them be Zeon mobile suits from Gundam. Give everyone the bizarre experience of a cartoon from a hundred years ago attacking them. Plus, Zeon is the embodiment of WW2-era Japan's ultranationalism, so throwing that at Mahouka's version of Japan would be amusing.

What were those, though? Not everyone wants to open that up and ruin their tab history and have to obsess over the asymmetry.

Hitting them with Chevalier's sword, then swapping to a different weapon once he reaches the core. His weapons tend to break down in areas subject to dimensional overlapping effects, since they're based in such effects themselves, so he can't actually destroy the core. It's also why they can't use Sting on his sword to make a super ultra-sword. But he can open up the armor to let you attack the core with other means.

Changelog:
V0.2: Added a glossary of terms. Added Improbable Alliance drawback. Added location, background and age table and rolls. Can buy Superpower User multiple times. Added Canon Companion option.

Thank you.

Whats this?

What kind of maids do you have jumpers?
Homunculus, robot, clone, golem, broke rivals you laugh in the face of while slapping with wads of cash?

Fucked up the file

Green ones.

Finally a question for me, I have many types of maids Homunculus, Robot, Human,Alien,Vampire, Combat Maids and the number of my Maids are only growing. I spent over 600cp in Overlord to get more maids and turned the companion you get from the scenario into a head maid

How's your magic? Plenty of spell combos that can take down an Endbringer, with or without Sting.

Has anyone ever gone and recreated organisations from previous jumps in the current
For example I usually recreate Vault Tec minus the evil namely in the halo jump

I've always been fond of B1 droids.

The old-school Cylon Centurions are cool, too.

Only a minor complaint, but why is the 100CP item for the Born-Specialized origin the aura glasses? Aren't they pretty much useless if you aren't hypersensitive to them, which isn't offered in the jump anyway?

Hmmm, good point, will add a HUD function to them to solve that for next update.

Weaponised Xeno-daughterus that fight for truth, justice and the pursuit of happiness.

I just haven't reached her yet.

I guess the Dolls from Nechronica who run my Hot Springs Hotel could be classified as maids. I've never really thought of them that way, but they do have the delightful habit of bringing me snacks and drinks when I'm in the middle of research or experimentation.

They'd be classified as a kind of Homunculus, though all prefer to use their regular Human bodies when not faced with combat. Except Ursula. But she's an odd duck. At least all those tentacles come in handy for servicing the boiler and pipes.

As for their dress, most prefer #7 or #8 while on duty to fit in with the motif of the Hot Springs Hotel itself. That said a few prefer to stand out from the crowd a little bit, so there are examples of #3, 4, 5, 10, and 12 running around.

>Good aesthetic for robot army
I'm still a fan of the diesel-punk design, so strap some giant engines to their back and have them belch black smoke everywhere. Of course, you don't have to have the engines actually /do/ anything. Watching someone's face fall when they realize the glaring, obvious weakness is, in fact, a waste of time if not a trap is just all kinds of fun.

>Minion Design
I heavily favor Golems integrated with Doll and Kamen Rider technology. It's a bit of an odd mix, but I'm finally smoothing out the aesthetics of it thanks to extended practice during Ogre Battle. But I don't use them in any kind of large scale fashion. Right now I'm planning to seed the Hot Spring Hotel gardens with them, disguised as topiary, to act as security.

>Current Minions
I picked up "I can buy my own insurance now!" from FLCL and constantly forget I even have the ability. So yeah, I have minions, but they mostly hang out in non-reality since I never call on them. They're just people though, if highly trained combatants, so their usefulness is rather limited in any situation where I need to hit an "Oh shit!" button anyways.

How would Flash Cast's ability to only handle spells that use a single system affect out-of-setting magic that's been converted to this setting's magic?

>As a more generalized question, what's your favorite minion design? What do your minions (assuming you have any) look like?

I use and abuse the ability to spawn undead. A skeleton army with more mass then a planet is super useful.

Althoughto be honest the only real minion I keep around is my maid from overlord, shes not a companion but she is unbelievably loyal and super good at her job.

Ive been teaching her fo cultivate for the last 50 or so jumps, her main job is to just take care of the bar whenever I am gone and she is very good at it.

I want to take Regrowth and use it with perfect timing to counter the protagonist's ability long enough to get into close range and punch him in the face.

Drawbacks: Unwanted Attention, Rival, Egalite (1800)

Rolled First Magic Highschool

Magic Engineer, age 16

Magical Coding (Free)
Magic Processing Power (1700)
CAD Tuning (1500)
Taurus Silver (1200)
Strategic-Class Magician (600)
Spell Compendium (Free)
Flash Cast (0)

Blink. A window to the past opens. Interesting how all magic is, theoretically, universally achievable if only your Eidos comprehension and Psion awareness are advanced enough. So that's how it's done. How very...c'tanlike.

I give it a shot, and erase my contact information from the Blanche databases. On my way out, I curse my recruiters with magical ability.

After that, I'll give Tatsuya a hand with that perpetual energy reactor he's struggling with; in theory, all that thing needs is a faster Loop Cast-equivalent. Maybe take a note or two from Divine Earth Magic to automate the process with "independent information bodies" (read: spirits)?

Nah. That's probably the solution to the third puzzle, actually. So yeah, I'll just be solving magic puzzles and maybe inventing some of my own to challenge the local magitech community (read: Tatsuya), like seeing if they (read: he) can emulate Adamant Circle Sorcery with this psion stuff.

...is there anything pressing that Tats doesn't solve when he gets round to it?

I've evolved beyond maids. My stuff cleans itself as a timeless monument to eternal perfection. And good hygiene.

Any perceived maids are probably companions playing silly buggers.

>onisama's sister dies from a lethal STD in front of him, while they're both slowly suffocating
>she probably tries to make a proper love confession before magic Jumper AIDS claims her life

[muffled Komm Susser Todd in the distance]

My go-to mystic conspiracy is a personalised Librarians of Time and Space branch. I am a member, after all. Plus, the Library of Eternity gives me a fairly secure hideout to coordinate from.

Where was that perk that made all your perks genetic in nature?

There is something like that in discworld but I dont know of anything that makes all your powers genetic.

Wouldn't it be quicker/more CP-saving to use illusions to scramble his perception of your Eidos? From what I understand the magic here tends to go haywire if the other caster can't properly see what you're doing.

>favourite design

Form over function in all things-although these days, form has a function of it's own. I lean towards old testament-style angels with a biomechanical twist mainly because light, theomechanism and order are easier to harmonise with my Essence when coordinating attacks-and also an even balance between creation and destruction. All the cleansing light has the bonus of knocking out any malign influences in the way.

I usually tailor-purpose other things for their tasks. I modify summoned Great Ones to be closer to the lifeforms whose dreams I want them to influence, for example. At this point I'm beyond robotics; I prefer to imbue a technological template as a platonic ideal encoded into a spirit, so it can self-optimise when running infrastructure instead of being limited by it's form.

Do rare candies do anything to people?

I really just dont remember if it ever comes up in the games or shows.

Could I use them as enhancement drugs for xianxia style cultivation or possibly use them to increase the abilities of my folllwers?

Would it be a bad idea to teach certain pokemon how to cultivate? (Im looking at you dunsparce)

So where did you punch him in the face jumpers?

Who?

> where did you punch him in the face
I dunno, the eye? Those look like pretty big targets.

Griffith.
He's a guy who basically sold his friends to demons to become a chaos god. Then he rapes his best friends lover in front of him for refusing to be his property.

And what series is this? Guessing from the filename, Eclipse?

Do you seriously not know Berserk? That's pretty much impossible if you're regularly browsing Veeky Forums.

According to an interview in Game Informer, a human eating a Rare Candy would be like eating dog food, and might taste bad, and give you a stomach ache.
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx

Berserk, you dingus. How new to Veeky Forums are you if you haven't absorbed that bit of culture, even if by osmosis only?

First I'm going to assume that by
>out-of-setting magic that's been converted to this setting's magic
you mean using conjoined conjures or something similar, and I'd also have to mention that the limit of Flash Cast is only how many effects can be stacked in a single spell (the anime used transporting an egg as an example, to move an egg you'd need at least 2 effects (the propuslion and stop) to prevent the egg from getting smashed), it would mean that the more effect ou have stacked into a spell the harder it is to memorize it and use Flash Cast on it.
If you meant something else, then please be a little more clear with your question.

Yay another build! Also,
>On my way out, I curse my recruiters with magical ability.
Don't you mean 'disability'? Because otherwise it would be weird.

Do we have regular Veeky Forums threads that are devoted to Berserk? I'd be more surprised if someone didn't know about 40k.

Every kind.

Is there any reason why normal Magicians aren't able to see and understand activation & magic sequences? Because I'm rather strapped for points already, so I was wondering if Mimic from The Legend of Zelda would be able to fulfill the same function:
>Whether you're fighting the ultimate foe or studying under a wise old mentor, you're able to understand the nature and method of any technique or spell performed before you--if you survive it. Afterwards, so long as you have the power, ability and resources necessary, you know how to replicate it. However, you do not get the muscle memory required to use it on the fly. That takes training.

Jumpers, who is your biggest/most annoying fan?

Well, Egalite is against magic, so he probably assumed that they wouldn't actually want to have magic. But iirc most of them would be pretty happy.

Not him but I have been on tg for years, I dont know what the fuck berserk is.

Is it an anime or something?

Not everyone knows all your autistic likes and thoughts. If you want people to get interested make a jump.

There is a jump.
It's a classic manga/anime. How you haven't heard of it in Veeky Forums of all places is surprising.
The one in the ceiling. I don't think anyone would stick with jumper other than deranged cultists and suicidal people anymore.

Well Activation and magic Sequences really are just huge blocks of code and text/numbers and CADs are capable of processing those in fractions of seconds, so instantly reading and decoding them would be the same as being able to instantly read a wall's worth of text/coding written in the green text coding from Matrix. Technically doable, but practically impossible.
And from your greentext, I'll say that yes, Mimic from LoZ would work.

They don't really want the end of Magic but supposedly they want the end of Magic-based discrimination, which is mentioned in the wiki to not really exist.

>try to curse an organization with an ironic bigot punishment
>accidentally restored their smiles and optimism

Well, shit.

I guess it's springtime for sword girl and the Egalites.

I didn't notice how similar Conrad and BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA look until that pic. Huh.

And that would be Ms. Yxes the 12th dimensional imp. Who had an annoying tendency to self-insert herself in all the whacky higher dimensional fanfics she kept writing in which I happened to be involved with someone else.

She didn't even do a good Wuya impression apart from having red hair.

>I dont know what the fuck berserk is.Is it an anime or something?
A decades-long manga, two anime, and a videogame. Also popular enough to be referenced in some other media.

>Not everyone knows all your autistic likes and thoughts. If you want people to get interested make a jump.
It is a jump. It's also on Veeky Forums list of recommended anime/manga. Don't try to turn the conversation away from your shameful ignorance by calling people trying to educate you names.

Is a manga about bags

>also on Veeky Forums list of recommended anime/manga

And where is this? Is it a sticky? I dont see it anywhere.

Go back to /A/ with your anime shilling wank if you dont want questions asked about it. Honestly when people act like this it just makes me think less of the anime.

I can't find my Bagserk images, so have this in thanks for reminding me of the song of the man with two bags.

What Veeky Forums anime list?

That art style looks like shit, please tell me that is not canon. What is wrong with her face and nose? She looks like some kind of flounder.

>/A/
You are simply disgusting.

Wait is this the one where the woman gets fucked by a rapehorse?

>Go back to /A/
>/A/
Please delete yourself.

Shouldnt you be in school?

>/A/
>capitalized
>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums
Ask me how I know you're a newfag.

Can't find the image, so have the 1d4chan list, instead:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_anime

Guts kills it before it actually rapes her.

Deflection is the mark of childishness, user.

There is a rapehorse yes.
It never actually rapes though.

What's a good aesthetic for this robot army?

There's three proper aesthetics for Robot Soldiers
1. Art Deco 2. Purposefully playing up the inhuman aspect, i.e. faceless child soldiers faceless brushed stainless steel child soldiers
3.metal gear rising revengeance

>I want it to be non-obvious that I'm the one pulling the strings, so I figured I'd ask people who weren't me.

then you should probably go with the opposite of whatever Your usual aesthetic is.

>As a more generalized question, what's your favorite minion design?

here's a link, I don't have Any of them , but it is one of my favorites.
vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/kamenrider/images/0/05/V3-vi-turtlebazooka.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120704203052

>What do your minions (assuming you have any) look like?

I got a lot of different tools of minions to draw from, mostly the waddle-Dees Who look like waddle-Dees and the Bio-omnics who look like omnics assimilated by the infection from warframe

When you have to search for shit on another website dont act like it is a big thing here. The autocorrect capitalized A as it aleays seems to do for letters just left hanging on their own.

Her name is Neet. Better known to jumpers as "Keef" from Invader Zim, but I started out on Planet Dirt and so I got an Irken variant. She is no less annoying or creepy.

She writes incredibly long fanfiction about me that goes into unbelievable levels of detail about my physical appearance and a tendency to wear revealing outfits. About seventy percent of these fanfics also involve me apparently thinking about how Neet is my best and most dependable companion. Sometimes the stories involve me rescuing her from increasingly improbable danger, and sometimes they just involve me being impressed by her doing something amazing that makes everything better for everyone.
I know this because she has a tendency to read them to me aloud.
She also draws weirdly professional grade artwork of me, also often in revealing or regal outfits, and sometimes when I wake up from a nap I find her clinging to me.
She respawns instantly near me if killed, and at some point she figured this out, so she's been known to use this as a shortcut to find me.

Some people get to spend time alone with their thoughts. I have Neet.

> At this point I'm beyond robotics;
Blasphemy! No matter how far you advance, nothing will ever compare to hard, thrusting pistons and sleek steel bodies, tirelessly working to please y--
I've said too much.

Robots are just awesome, okay?!

Speaking of Berserk, how's the jump for it?

To be fair if you have to search 1d4chan for it then it is not actually on tg. You act like it is a main page sticky.

The horse is decapitated before it does anything.

I wouldn't. What he did was pretty justified. Becoming a God Hand is something anyone would want. As a Jumper I can appreciate his desire for power.

The fact when he became physical again, he created a kingdom that so far is actually way more beign than the ones ruled by mortals.

He's like a Jumper if they were just stuck in one world.

Shit. It is literally terrible. Just like the manga I guess.

I like little imp demons, and kobolds.

Because both of these creatures are my fetish

Rapehorse's legend still lives until this day.

Complaining about anime on Veeky Forums is a full 1/4 of what the boards are there for.

And the gratuitous rape and torture of Guts and Caska and turning the world from a low fantasy shithole that was basically just a really bad part of medieval history into a high fantasy land filled to the brim with monsters that want to eat humanity?

You niggers act like Veeky Forums has persistent storage or some shit.

pic related was my banner.

Sticky stay forever dumb ass until mods remove them.

Not like the kitten post on the front page has been there for years or anything right?

You're talking to Manyfist. He'd justify Pol Pot.

He's legitimately just an autistic asshole, don't engage.

>nothing will ever compare to hard, thrusting pistons and sleek steel bodies, tirelessly working to please y--