Stat her

Stat her

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LJKkYQRGrPY?t=2m8s
superfundungeonrun.com/?page_id=262
superfundungeonrun.com/?page_id=256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

-10 HP

Lost soul trapped in a Pachinko machine by horrible demons.

Boss/10
Way To Fall/20

She was stronger than Naked Snake and just let him win at the end of MGS3 her mission was to die, right?

It seemed to me that she put up an honest fight. I think that she trusted in Snake's ability to defeat her in the end. But ultimately, yes - her mission was to die, as a "traitor".

POLITICS, ECONOMICS, THE ARMS RACE – THEY’RE ALL JUST ARENAS FOR MEANINGLESS COMPETITION. I’M SURE YOU CAN SEE THAT. BUT THE EARTH ITSELF HAS NO BOUNDARIES. NO EAST, NO WEST, NO COLD WAR : ONLY MY SIDES, FLOATING IN SPACE.

Can survive on a tree frog so +4 CON

The Boss

STATS
Body 4d Coordination 5d
Sense 4d Mind 3d
Charm 3d Command 4d (7d)
BASE WILL 10

SKILLS
Athletics 3d (7d), Brawling 5d (9d), Block 5d (9d), Endurance 3d (10d), Weapon (Knife) 4d (9d), Dodge 3d (8d), Ride (Horse) 2d (7d), Stealth 4d (10d), Weapon (Firearms) 3d (8d), Perception 3d (7d), Empathy 2d (6d), Scrutiny 3d (7d), Tactics 5d (8d), First Aid 3d (6d), Language (Russian) 5d (8d), , Lie 2d (5d), Persuade 3d (6d), Intimidate 3d (10d), Interrogate 2d (9d), Leadership 3d (10d+1wd), Stability 3d (10d+2hd)

LOYALTY: Her Country (4), Her Comrades (3)
PASSION: Battle (3)

CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT (CQC)
Hyperbrawling: [Attack +2, Penetration+2, Deadly+1] (6 points per die) 1wd (24 pts)
Hyperdisarm: [Go First+2] (3 points per die) 1wd (12 pts)
Hyperblock: [Defends+2] (3 points per die) 1wd (12 pts)
Hyperknife: [Duration+2, Self-Only-3, Limited Width-1] ( 1 point per die) 2hd (4 pts)
EFFECTS: As the creator of Close Quarters Combat, the Boss is its unrivalled master. Her physical blows inflict Width+1 in Killing and her knowledge of joint locks and how best to exploit weaknesses to break bones allows her strikes to bypass up to 2 layers of armor. She can disarm any weapon from her opponent's grasp with +2 Width for speed, and any block she employs gains +2 Gobble Dice to destroy her assailant's Sets. CQC also encompasses Knife-Mastery; as a result, she can combine a Knife strike with any other action that she takes without taking a penalty for multiple actions.

(continued below)

(2/2)

INSPIRING LEADER
Hypercommand: (4 points per die) 3d (12 pts)
Hyperleadership: [Endless+3] (4 points per die) 1wd (16 pts)
Hyperstability: (1 point per die) 2hd (4 pts)
EFFECTS: The Boss's ability to command her troops is legendary. Any order she issues is burned into the minds of her followers, such that it is never forgotten, even if that person one day decides to turn against her, which invokes a Stability check each time it is countermanded. This aura of irresistable authority stems from her own inner strength. With a total of 7d in Command she does not suffer dice penalties from injury or distraction and can use her Command stat instead of her Body stat when she makes an Endurance roll.

JOY OF BATTLE (8 pts per die) 2hd (32 pts)
Useful (Engulf+2, Permanent+4, Self Only-3)
Useful (Permanent+4, Self Only-3)
EFFECTS: The Boss's experience in battle has steeled her body and her nerves. She gains 2 additional Hit Boxes to all of her locations, and she doesn't lose dice from her Sets if she's hit by up to 2 attacks before they resolve.

;_;7

Hol up.
Why Endless on an Hyperskill?

I always loved the "world without borders" type of villains. Pixy is another good example.

The Boss's beliefs and teachings basically changed the future. The people that she encountered, especially Big Boss and Zero, were changed forever, and their interpretations of her will lead to the creation of LMSF, Outer Heaven and the Patriots. Even after death, her leadership has an effect.

That particular extra isn't TERRIBLY useful, but it is attached to a +1wd, which is extremely powerful. So you have a powerful special die with a unique and flavorful effect that may or may not come in handy.

I stated her up as a BBEG for a theoretical campaign, so the players would be facing up against guys that she's rolled Leadership on throughout the game, and they'd basically be permanent fanatics.

Then it should be permanent.

Doesn't need to be. Permanent means "Nothing can ever turn this off." Endless means "This lasts forever unless you decide to turn it off." As I see it, the Boss doesn't believe in creating unthinking drones, so if she wanted to she could change the mind of someone she'd already Hyper-leadershipped. If it was Permanent, even she wouldn't be able to change someone's mind once she commanded them. It's the old "could god create a rock so heavy even he couldn't lift it."

The problem arises when she dies in MGS3, and isn't able to clarify her beliefs, so Big Boss and Zero have to go off their interpretations of her beliefs. In death it effectively becomes Permanent, but that doesn't do her much good, does it?

>Endless? You turn it on and it stays on until you turn it off, or until you get turned off. It stays up if you’re knocked out, but if you die (or run out of Willpower) it conks. Permanent stays changed no matter what, period. That’s the only differences between those Extras and Duration.

You can switch of Permanent, unless you slap on Always on.

Sorry for pushing this, I'm new to the system and trying to understand it.

Good catch. I've been playing Wild Talents for several years now so I've gotten use to having kind of a loose interpretation of certain Extras and Flaws, so there you go. It should be Permanent, so the cost goes up to 5 points per die, which is 20 pts for a wiggle dice.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

The Boss was a total Mary Sue now that I think about it, how the hell did she still manage to be such a great character?

By having a hard life. To the outsider looking in, The Boss may well look like a huge Mary Sue but she's struggled and fought for every inch she's gained and eventually got dicked over by her own people (the CIA), more than once, at that.

Mary Sue implies getting what you got effortlessly, if you bled for it it's no longer a Mary Sue.

WS 6 BS 5 S 3 T 3 W 2 I 6 LD 10 5+ 3++ Fearless FnP

The Patriot S 4 AP 4 Assault 4

Mentor - Increases the WS of one independent character in the army by 1.

The structure of the game is also contributes to avoiding this trope. You only ever fight her directly once, so you don't end up in a situation where the player has clearly beaten the person but because the plot demands that he/she be awesome they win anyway. The whole game builds up to your confrontation and it doesn't disappoint.

Most Mary Sue's are annoying because they are usually the protagonists of their story and the people experiencing the story have to put up with their bullshit for the entire duration of it.

The Boss only appeared briefly enough that you don't get tired of her "she's the greatest person ever" schtick and actually can come to like her for being the badass she is, not to forget that her character's ending was anything but Mary Sue shit.

A true Mary Sue in the end would have done some asspull deus ex machina that cleared her name, ensured her survival and showed the world what a dick move the CIA was trying to pull by fucking her over.
Instead she died ironically because of a usually positive character trait (her loyalty) and almost failed in keeping her philosophy and worldview alive because the only two people that decided to follow it misinterpretated it.

She was a true patriot ;_;

[FINAL BOSS BATTLE THEME NOT FOUND]

She's like the Lady of Pain, you don't stat her.

If you fight her and she wants to win, you lose.

So people keep saying that big boss and zero misinterpreted her philosophy.
How so? It's been a while since I played the main tetralogy.

KEK

From my memory, the Boss's ideology boiled down to two things:

1. The world shouldn't be divided by nationalistic lines.
2. Soldiers should be valued, not tossed aside

Zero took #1 and ran with it, creating the Patriots as a force for multinational stability that wouldn't be limited or restricted by political causes. It quickly got away from him and turned into a tyrannical regime of its own.

Big Boss focused entirely on #2 and created MSF and later Outer Heaven as a place where soldiers would have a home and a purpose beyond being pawns for governments.

Both were so focused on their own interpretations that they failed to see the full picture of what the Boss intended.

How would her signature weapon be statted in Wild Talents?

Is it even possible to stat or did MGS3 just bent reality with the rule of cool too much to make it possible that an assault rifle modified to be used with only one hand becomes a viable weapon?

Not to forget that it was also probably modified to increase it's firepower based on the bullets coming out wildly spinning around (someone from /k/ explain to me what that means or if it is even realistic that bullets move like that after being shot out)
youtu.be/LJKkYQRGrPY?t=2m8s
(At 2:08)

Also does the stat block represent her ability to field strip a weapon while disarming someone, completely destroying it in the process (same video above but seen at 0:56)?
It says "Hyperdisarm" which I guess means she's really damn good at disarming someone, which is accurate, but maybe add the ability that she can also destroy a weapon without much effort after sucessfully disarming.

>did MGS3 just bent reality with the rule of cool too much to make it possible that an assault rifle modified to be used with only one hand becomes a viable weapon?
Congratulations, you just summed up Metal Gear's signature weapon design as a whole. Ordinary enemy guns tend to be OK, but once a main character gets their hands on a weapon any semblance of realism goes out the window.

Her Signature weapon is nothing special in WT because ammo isn't really tracked in any significant way. There's an example in the book of an assault rifle stated up as a Focus Miracle that explicitly doesn't include the Depleted flaw because most soldiers carry enough ammo that running out isn't going to be a problem during a fight.

If you wanted to stat it up though it would look something like this:

PATRIOT (1 pt per die)
Attack Range [Focus (Adaptation, Accessible, Irreplaceable, Operational Skill: Machine Pistol)-6, Spray+3]
EFFECT: An assault pistol developed for The Boss. Uses 5,56mm x 45 ammunition. The feeder mechanism inside the drum magazine forms a "OO" shape; this shape gives it the uncanny ability to fire endlessly, never running out of bullets or overheating from mechanical strain.

This gives it the same Stats as a submachine gun, but with the caveat that it never needs to be reloaded, so the GM would never have to stipulate that you've run out of ammo.

The Hyperdisarm gives her a Wiggle Dice an extra speed when she disarms using Brawling, so yeah that's her talent for actually taking a weapon away. Field stripping would be pretty easy, though a bit pricey:

FIELD STRIPPING
Hyperbrawl: [Attacks+4, Non-Physical+2, if/then-1 (only against firearms), Attached-2 (Disarm), Permanent+4] (8 pts per die) 2hd (32 pts)
EFFECT: Decades of combat experience has trained the Boss to be able to dismantle a weapon in seconds. After relieving a target of his weapon, this skill activates, inflicting 6 damage against the weapon, sufficient to break down a rifle to its component parts. Since this skill uses the Boss's knowledge of weaponry as the source of the damage, it bypasses any armor qualities that might make the arm resistant to damage.

In this form, she automatically strips any weapon that she disarms. It's pricey due to the fact that it doesn't require an actual dice roll ever; she can simply disable any weapon that she puts her hands on.

(continued)

A simpler but less reliable way to handle Field Stripping would be like this:

FIELD STRIPPING
Hyperbrawl: [Attacks+4, Non-Physical+2, if/then-1 (only against firearms)] +1d (6 pts)
EFFECT: Decades of combat experience have trained the Boss to be able to dismantle a weapon in seconds. Any weapon she gets her hands on with a successful Field Stripping set she can inflict Width+4 damage against, enough to break down a rifle into its component parts in a single swift motion.

With this version you'd need to roll multiple actions and use one set to Disarm and another set to Strip, but it costs waaaaay less points (and is probably more fair to the player).

>villains

Were there even any signature weapons besides the Patriot?

Both Solid Snake and Liquid didn't have any, neither did Big Boss.
EVA kind of had her Type 17 Luger but she didn't really do anything unrealistic with it, especially compared to the shenanigans she got up to while riding her motorcycle.

I have no idea how I managed to forget all the signature weapons that the members of the units in the games had, Revolver Ocelot could ricochet bullets off of walls and Vulcan Raven carried around a machine gun that was supposed to be mounted on planes.

Why of course there are! Snake's signature SOCOM is an example of his signature weapon.

Revolver Ocelot uses the Single Action Army pretty much religiously.

Sniper Wolf had her Heckler and Koch PSG1, specifically with hollow-point bullets tipped with mercury.

Vulcan Raven of course had his Vulcan autocannon.

From Dead Cell, Fortune has her Rail Gun, and Solidus his high frequency blades, along with his tentacles.

The End had his special tranq-firing Mosin-Nagant, The Fury used his special flamethrower, and The Pain had a Tommy Gun and several grenades.

And of course, each of the Beauty and the Beast unit had some kind of weaponry inspired by a member of Dead Cell, while the animal section of their codenames came from Foxhound, and the emotional section of their codenames came from the Cobra Unit.

The one note about this is that, aside from raw firepower, most of these signature weapons aren't like the Patriot in that they don't really have any extremely unusual qualities. They're just rather good guns or ones with unconventional ammunition.

Incidentally:
>Revolver Ocelot could ricochet bullets off of walls

RICHOCHET SHOT
Hyperpistol [Non-Physical+2, if/then-1(only for shooting around cover)] (2 pts per die) 1d (8 pts)
EFFECT: Ocelot can shoot in such a way that his bullets careem off solid objects in the environment without losing their velocity or stopping power and, more importantly, in directions under Ocelot's control. The result is that anyone attempting to take cover from Ocelot's gunfire can still be hit irrespective of whether their bodies would normally be shielded from his aim.

This is nice because it would scale with whether Ocelot is a low-level boss encounter (give him 1d in the Skill) or a high level one (turn it into a wiggle die for 8 pts).

Do people actually fall for the "the Boss was unambiguously good" meme?

The patriot is actually based on the M231 Firing Port Weapon with a drum mag.

It's kind of hard to feel the tension in this series when you know the dead live on as ghosts.

This has to do with Japanese storytelling and magical realism. When someone practices something the tools they use are no longer tools but instead an extension of their own body.

>implying that pachinko wasn't the best thing that could happen to metal gear

I came here to post this.

dice+2d6

Just practicing much dice rolls

STR 20
DEX 20
CON 20
WIS 20
INT 20
CHA 200

+4 strength

>BUT THE EARTH ITSELF HAS NO BOUNDARIES
Except mountains, oceans, crevices, valleys.
Less literal are languages, cultures, nature, genetics.
Stupid globalist shill woman.

>Would she be an IG unit or Inquisitor?
>Could she out-stat the glorious Sly Marbo?

Did we ever find out just why she had those godlike soldier skills? Was she just born to be the perfect warrior?

Only thing we know about her past is that she was the daughter of one of the Philosophers, that means she grew up in a rich home right?
Could her father just have afforded all the best training for her with his illuminati money?

Yeah, she was trained in basically everything from a young age, as I understand it. Genetically, I guess she just got lucky. It's harder to understand Big Boss, who was just a soldier from Nowhere, USA (I think).

The secret is that genetics ultimately mean very little when it comes to building a better soldier.

Big Boss wasn't incredible because he had some magic "soldier genes." They were categorized as soldier genes because Big Boss had them.

The former are features and the latter are construct, construct, not an argument in your favor, and a derivative of the last.

Your body is more than just a place for your soul, but only barely.

That really is one of the great wincons of life: becoming so good the rest of the world judges related reality in comparison to you.

It's a pretty thing to say, but I don't believe anyone who says it until I see Somalian "refugees" sleeping on in their living room. You believe in borders. Everyone does, whether they lie about it or not.

"We are all one people." =/= "I want strangers in my house."

I was talking more about data constructs than people, but I can see where you would get that impression. Apologista.

But if I did that, my players will kill her!

WHAT A THRILL

WITH DARKNESS AND SILENCE THROUGH THE NIGHT

That is stupid and misinterpretating what The Boss truly believed in a similarly retarded way Zero and Big Boss did.

The Boss's wished for a peaceful world but knew that people will always fight over stupid shit and then make up and then fight some more,
Zero thought that means the world should be forced into peace and started the New World Order, Big Boss thought that the fighting shouldn't be meaningless and wanted to create an environment where soldiers like him and her wouldn't be treated like dirt.

But what The Boss really meant was that there is literally nothing you can do to force it and that the only option is to accept the world for what it is and spend your time doing what you think is right.
Which is exactly what Solid Snake, and by extension Otacon, did post MGS2 with their organization "Philanthropy", their slogan was "to let the world be" which is literally what The Boss was saying all that time.
They were the only ones who followed The Boss's true ideals and they didn't even know it.

No, but Solid, Liquid, and Liquidus were pretty damn tough soldiers with magical soldier genes.

See, I interpreted her ideas in light of the themes of the series. It seemed to me that she basically just wanted to keep the world from being obliterated so that one day humanity's memes would evolve to the point that a borderless world would be possible. Zero and Big Boss tried to force it, but the change has to start in, well, the hearts and minds of the people.

From story point of view, Snake was probably stronger than her, but just lacked the will to fight her and kill her.

Even with her constantly discouraging him, she wanted to see if he would continue with his mission anyway.

How was Big Boss gonna carry out The Boss's will through Outer Heaven? Logistically speaking.

Depending on if you see Portable Ops as canon or not.
If you see it as canon he had a shit ton of money that Gene gave him because he saw that Big Boss was a great leader and could fulfill the vision of Outer Heaven better than he could himself,
or if you don't think it's canon, Big Boss started Militaires Sans Frontières after parting with The Patriots and slowly build it up until it became so successful as a mercenary company that it started a golden age of private military companies as everyone else rushed to start their own. That made him enough money that he could start Outer Heaven.

Aren't the ghosts a hallucination

They are real, the supernatural definitely exists in the setting.
That was The Sorrows whole schtick after all when he was still alive, he spoke to the ghosts of the dead soldiers on the battlefield to gather intel.

I mean it even becomes a plot point at the end of MGS2 when Ocelot gave a speech about how magic isn't real but rather sufficiently advanced technology only for Fortune to reveal that she actually had supernatural powers and could deflect rockets even without the electromagentic field created by the device that was said to be the source of her power.

>only for Fortune to reveal that she actually had supernatural powers and could deflect rockets even without the electromagentic field created by the device that was said to be the source of her power.
That was because Raiden and Snake would have been killed if she didn't. If Raiden and Snake weren't right next to her, she could have been killed off without affecting the story in any way. It was just a deus ex machina.

Human lv5 operator parangon
Alignment: khorne or tzneetch, depending on how you look at it

Str 3 int 4 cha 2
Dex5 wis 4 fell 3
Cons 3 will 5 comp 4

Brawl: 5 (CQC)
Weaponry: 2
Ballistic 5 (SMG)
Craft 4 (disassemble)
Tech use 3
Acrobatics 3
Athleticism 3
Perception 4
Stealth 5
Intimidate 3
Leadership/command 5
Animal ken 2
Academic lore 4 (war)
Common lore 5 (soldier knowledge)
Politics 5

I guess I just don't understand the concept of Outer Heaven put into effect, wouldn't a nation of mercenaries be worse since mercs are generally soldiers that are used up and then dismissed/denied

I'm missing something

That doesn't pan out because Kojima also put Snake and Raiden there. If he had wanted to kill off Fortune without bringing the Patriot control of her powers into question he could have just put them somewhere else, but he didn't.

Magic is real, you can't account for everything, and no matter what the Patriots think there's no blueprint that lets you perfectly control people.

A nation of mercenaries, led by a mercenary king, where the only respectable job is to be a mercenary, would basically be a paradise.

They'd be dismissed/denied elsewhere, but in Outer Heaven they'd be treated like respected members of society, or even heroes.

And with "Big Boss"' practice of snatching up orphans from the conflicts Outer Heaven participates in and raising them to be mercs, there's even a way to grow the population.

The ideology behind MSF and Outer Heaven is to provide a structure and lifestyle where soldiers don't have to worry about politics and can focus on what they're meant to do: fight. Soldiers of a mercenary state would never have to worry about being denied recognition or payment for their action because they aren't answerable to the government that employs them, but to Outer Heaven. In Big Boss's dream, his soldiers would never be tossed aside or buried under red tape and revisionist history, because at the end of the day they're coming back to Mother Base instead of to some soviet fortress or south american bunker.

It's not exactly the most well thought out notion, but remember it was dreamed up by a guy who thinks that eating a glowing mushroom will recharge a battery pack, and somehow makes it work. Belief goes a long way in MGS.

>Big Boss was secretly an ork all along

How much of Metal Gear can be explained by "Big Boss is the type of man that still believes in Santa Claus?"

>be a man who travels all over the world conducting stealth ops
>believe in a man who travels all over the world on an annual stealth op
Santa's a role model for Big Boss, really.

There was a Solid Santa flash game out in the webs a while ago.

superfundungeonrun.com/?page_id=262

Merry Gear Solid

Also had a sequel of sorts.

superfundungeonrun.com/?page_id=256

Wait didn't he start being trained by The Boss when he was like 15?

Did The Boss dress up as Santa for him on christmas?

No. She brought in The End and dressed him up.

>it was dreamed up by a guy who thinks that eating a glowing mushroom will recharge a battery pack, and somehow makes it work

This is in the same universe, at the time, as a man who photosynthesized like a plant, a spider guy, a man who shot bees from his mouth like a gun, and a large russian who punched lightning. Eating mushrooms to recharge batteries is not far fetched in the midst of this.

Not to forget that eating the mushrooms literally did recharge the batteries, Snake was right but everyone still treated him like a retard for even suggesting the idea.

What about the billions of soldiers that fight because it's a goddamn job, not a way of life? Fuck them, right?

Yeah but that was all parasites.

>someone from /k/ explain to me what that means
They won't have near as long an effective range, but they'll leave bigger holes in you.

>if it is even realistic that bullets move like that after being shot out
Bullets can and will tumble, but rifling is designed to prevent it by spinning the bullet. If she didn't smooth the barrel, she'd have to be using either unbalanced bullets or ones with misshapen bases.

No one, at any point, said Big Boss' idea didn't have flaws. You know, except BB and his flunkies.

Hah, I see you guys have fallen prey to the Boss's Legacy too.

Lemme explain. There's no right way to interpret The Boss's Legacy, and there will never officially be one released, because the point of The Boss's Legacy is that without further interpretation, no one CAN know what The Boss really wanted. This is also why there was never a game where you play as The Boss.

She's dead.

I mean, if we were to play as her, we would probably be playing as the brutal, indoctrinated version of her that felt joy in battle and thought of borders as absolute, because we would probably be playing as her before she went to space.

Rolling six times for a boss squad.

Rolled 81, 94, 39, 74, 51, 3, 22, 8, 50, 73, 71, 67 = 633 (12d100)

This happens way too often to be funny anymore.

Rolled 52, 66, 3, 80, 54, 92, 3, 40, 57, 89, 12, 8 = 556 (12d100)

I said it last thread. I'll say it this thread. Create your own naming conventions for your squads.

If you're coming up with them from scratch, sure. But this is a quick way to generate a FOXHOUND squad gone rouge.

fucking christ, 2 got weird towards the end huh

If you look at the timeline of the Metal Gear world, it's pretty distinctly a tonal shift over time, from pulp-style weird science to hard military sci fi to silly futuretech, all roughly tied to what kind of science fiction was popular at the time.

>tfw you were so hype for 5 and couldn't wait to see big boss finally snap and become an outright villain instead of a morally grey protagonist
>only to find out that you're just an impersonator and big boss has been out becoming evil on his own behind the scenes and nothing mattered

I'm still a bit irate over this to be quite frank.