Suck it, haters

Suck it, haters.

To all you who doubted.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>bu-but technological advancements don't happen in 40k

Kek.

>Even more space marines
wew

SPESS MEHREENS

>we know any space Marines player worth his salt already has 500 marine models
>so here's some Sigmarines for you to buy!

SPESS

MEENS

>I did not read the FAQ

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/

>tumblr filename
>flashgitz gif
you lost this war before you started, fool

Wow, who would expect more marines in 40k?

... so it's literal Ultra Marines. Woo.

READ

>FAQ
>Primaris Dreadnought

Wait. I thought dreadnought's are where all the gimp marines end up. Are there seriously some Primaris marines already in dreadnoughts? That does not inspire confidence in their abilities.

Unless the Imperium is intentionally throwing their brand new marines into dreadnoughts. I'd say that's ridiculous, but that is something I could see them doing.

The entire galaxy is at war. Reality has a huge fucking hole with daemons spilling out of it

Theres bound to be casualties.

Are people really worried about SMs getting squatted? I'm more worried about my existing models being made redundant if I want to stay decent.

Some people are genuinely worried about this, yes

They are dumb people

Does this mean cheaper marines fig. on ebay/gw shop ?

So...these dudes have Mark 10 armor. Where's the Mark 9 stuff?

Geykniggs

Nope. No number on Ægis.

>Smurfs XL

Neat, I guess?

Where was it implied that the new marines are invincible?

Maybe they are reinterring existing Dreadnaught "pilots" into new Dreadnaughts?

Sooo...........

Nothing?

Why do people hate this?

SM are boring.

>Guilliman confirmed to be a heretic

Literally no-one asked for this.

The perception that it invalidates their existing Space Marines and obligated them to start collecting Guillimarines in order to remain competitive/retain nerd cred - nobody wants to be the guy with the dumpy old midget marines when everyone else is running Primaris master race.

For what it's worth, I collect Age of Darkness Ultramarines so I'm not affected by what's going on in 40k at all. To me, this may as well be Centurions and grav spam all over again.

>flashgitz
Pretty appropriate in this case.
>Gentlemen, I'd like to talk about adding more diversity to our product line. Sure, we have space marines. But what about... Space marine, space marines? H-hear me out...

>The perception that it invalidates their existing Space Marines and obligated them to start collecting Guillimarines in order to remain competitive/retain nerd cred

Not even that. It's GW releasing ANOTHER range of plastic Space Marines when you've got armies like Eldar, Chaos, or Guard stuck with ancient, often Finecast, models that desperately need updated. It's hard to feel magnanimous towards a company that treats everyone other than their poster-boys with dismissive contempt.

I for one love them.
But I hate the torsos. They look like shit. FAQ says torso is not interchangeable with standard range, but im shure that can be fixed. Now for dreads and landraiders. Outta my way, chaos fucking shits!!! Gulliman is making Imperium great again!!!

>gets mad at a corporation for following the money
That's like getting mad at your dog for eating shit. Yeah, it's disgusting but it's a fucking dog what do you expect?

What about new non human army?

Your shitty armies sell less than most factions in Warhammer and it got shit-canned for low sales.
Space Marines are where the money lies.
If you make due with seconds, then Eldar and Tau are fine too.

Anything else is unprofitable garbage.

>the main dudes, who were once 2000AD-style mutant-techno-knight-barbarians, who morphed over the decades into the stern Angels of Death, are now just cheerleaders for the latest ridiculous plastic sprues GW wants to sell

I don't play 40k any more but it just seems a little sad to treat 30 years of work like this. Things evolve I understand, especially when profit is on the line.

>>spesh muhreens get new fucking spesh muhreens.
>eldar won't even get plastic fucking aspect warriors.

FUCKING GW! WARP SPIDERS ARE OVER 20 FUCKING YEARS OLD SCULPTS! ASPECT WARRIORS ARE ALL RESIN MONOPOSE CRAP! FUCKING UPDATE THEM ALREADY YOU SHITS!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Everyone already owns hundreds of SMs and now they are obsolete manlets.

>Yeah, it's disgusting but it's a fucking dog what do you expect?

That's a very good question. Here's another;

Why should I bother playing a game where the factions I'm interested in are treated like unloved stepchildren?

Even more power level bullshit as now there are SOOPER DOOPER SPACE MARINES WHO ARE EVEN BETTER THAN REGULAR SPACE MARINES AND GREY KNIGHTS! It's just Grey knights all over again but dumber. Watch as IG and imperial Gaurd and Skitarri fall to fate of the sisters as the Lore has to make room for more speshal marines.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
The lack of support is why they don't sell.

Marines sell because they are always pushed. Always the earliest to get a codex update, got more army variants and get put into every starter set.

>So, what’s a Primaris Space Marine?

These are a brand-new breed of warrior, commissioned by the Primarch Guilliman and developed in secret on Mars for the past 10,000 years by Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Find out all about them and check out an awesome video here.

>Are all my current Space Marine miniatures redundant now?

No way! Primaris Space Marines do not replace regular (if a superhuman killing machine can be described as ‘regular’) Space Marines. These guys have a few extra genetic enhancements, thanks to Belisarius Cawl, and serve as additional reinforcements in the Adeptus Astartes arsenal, not replacements.

>Will there be multiple types of Primaris Space Marines?

You bet. So far you’ve seen the Intercessors, the line infantry clad in Mk X armour, but there are plenty more on the way. And likely vehicles too…

>Wait, Mk X armour?

Yup, these guys have new armour: combining the best bits of classic Horus Heresy-era plate, with some fancy tech developed more recently.

>Can I field a whole army of Primaris Marines?

You totally can. From a background point of view, some Chapters, especially those decimated in the events of the Gathering Storm, now have entire companies of these new warriors. Others have incorporated squads of Primaris Space Marines into existing Battle Companies. And perhaps most excitingly, Guilliman has founded some entirely new Chapters out of these new Space Marines.

>I have an army. Can I field Primaris Space Marines?

Any of the galaxy’s many hundreds of Codex Chapters can use Primaris Space Marines, along with many of the less Codex-compliant ones like Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves.

Eh. I guess I can use them for artificer armor mkivs in horus heresy.

>Decide to get back into 40k
>Start finally realising homebrew Chapter for 8th

>Buy new Better Marines TM

>So, Primaris are just better in the game, right? What’s the point of using older Space Marines?

Marine to Marine, they certainly have some advantages over a Tactical Squad, but it comes at a cost. These guys will cost more points than standard Space Marines, so you’ll have fewer of them, and their weapon options will be different. For maximum tactical punch, you’ll want to bring all your Space Marines to the tabletop.

>What if I don’t want to use them?

Well, aside from missing out on some cool new models and tactical options for your army, then that’s totally cool. You certainly don’t have to include Primaris Space Marines in your Space Marines army. Though when you see the Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought, you’ll want to. Primaris Dreadnought? Did I write that…? Nah. Moving on.

>Are the kits compatible with existing Space Marine kits?

Good Question. There are certainly elements of the existing Space Marines kits that will be cross-compatible, while the new armour mark means that some parts won’t mix as easily. Shoulder pads and helmets are the same scale, and will still work, whereas the legs, torso and arms are different, and not quite as interchangeable. In terms of the Primaris sets themselves, you’ll have loads of fun kit-bashing them.

>Can I use these guys alongside my Astra Militarum army?

Yeah you can. These new Space Marines will be available to use alongside all Imperial armies to fill some battlefield roles your army might normally struggle with.

>Do the Primaris Space Marines play nice with the Adeptus Custodes?

They sure do. Many of the Emperor’s elite golden guard are accompanying Gulliman and the Primaris Space Marines on the Indomitus Crusade.

>But I play Chaos! Where are my super-super-human reinforcements?

First off, that’ll teach you for turning your back on the Emperor. Secondly, did you not see the Death Guard teaser video? The Chaos Gods have not been idle – we guarantee there are some warp-charged hulking warriors on their way for you guys in the not too distant future.

>Watch as IG and imperial Gaurd and Skitarri fall to fate of the sisters as the Lore has to make room for more speshal marines.
Source?

Otherwise you're just being insecure as fuck about nothing

OMG! You had the narrative oportunity to be inclusive and add female space marines and blew it.

The patriarchy is at it again...

>>But I play Chaos! Where are my super-super-human reinforcements?

>But I play Eldar! Where are my super-super-elf reinforcements?

>But I play Orks! Where are my super-super-greenskin reinforcements?

>But I play Necrons! Where are my super-super-robot reinforcements?

the new bolters have an ejection port that lines up with the barrel. nice, only took 30 years....

>Choas
Literally possessed and blessed Marines

>Eldar
Literally that whole new faction

>Orks
Orks are already super powered they just have to keep fighting

>Necrons
Literally their entire faction

>But I play tyranids! Where are my super-super-bug reinforcements?

Nobody's forcing you to play 40k. If you don't like what GW is selling, don't buy it.

>Orks are already super powered

The more an Ork kills and wins the bigger he gets

Is that not a super power?

Or the part where they can lose a brain and keep on going

Or how they reproduce on death

Or how they can lose any limb and attach it later

Or the part where they can't really fall to chaos

Or the part where their weapons and vehicles just work™

Or...

Chaos sprues look like little teddybears already, against these new marines they look like toddlers.

The other armies look equally silly and foolish but everyone already internalized that now like battered wives.

Or part then they play on table, wait was it in 4ed?

>People have been demanding true-scale Marines and rules to better reflect the lore for years
>Finally get them
>"WHAT THE FUCK GW!???"

>The Chaos Gods have not been idle – we guarantee there are some warp-charged hulking warriors on their way for you guys in the not too distant future.

Chaos has never been this rampant since the Horus bitch fit

Space Marines were already super powered as well you mongoloid.

And? Now they got slightly better upgrades

When in reality they should have been had their shit pushed in if it wasn't for the fact that the Imperium is the """Good""" Guys

>Or how they reproduce on death
Technically speaking, they're always releasing spores ('reproducing' if you like), it just a lot more are released when they die.

Also, itz called Orkoid biology ya silly git! Just 'cause humies can't do it doesn't mean it's a supa powah or nothin' like dat!

An' we can "fall to Chaos", although it's more 'deciding Khorne's a cool git and making the patron of our warrior code or something like that' (Freebootaz man. Weird bunch). Helps that Khorne's an occasional workout buddy with Gork n' Mork at the big Warp gym an' all...

Let's just be happy this Primaris Marines will finally shut up all the people going 'the FemMarines are coming! Oldfags get out!' talk

just like the "plot progression" stuff

>implying its the same people

plenty of people have always hated the truescale meme

Or how they are irrelevant to the overall setting?

>Yeah you can. These new Space Marines will be available to use alongside all Imperial armies to fill some battlefield roles your army might normally struggle with.
Suddenly, my idea for a carthaginian chapter became more feasible...

looks like they've just made the SM bulkier, the bolter longer and tweaked the rules

I wish the new marines who are taller and stronger than regular marines were women...

So that suddenly makes them less powered?

not so sure about the genetic alteration
inb4 no Primaris; you are, the demons
the Mk X Tacticus armour looks good tho

AGITATIS ULTRAMARINI
DOMINITIS ULTRAMARINI

I'm actually excited about these, they're bigger so I can add more detail to my marines, they're pretty simple so I can convert them to chaos like no problem and you can field an entire army of them (Not that I play the game anymore) they'll look amazing in my display case in my living room.

Can I use Primaris kit as my CSMs? Just glue on horns and skulls etc.

>no giant towering female Primaris with big boobs to bully my normal marines shotabois

>5lewd7me

they might be, but the miniatures aged quite well
and the monopose are dynamic and cool

>Or how they are irrelevant to the overall setting?
Armageddon (which looks like it'll be the new Cadia now that Cadia's dead) would disagree, since Orks are still the primary threat to that world, not these puny Khorne daemons and their little Blood Crusade.

Besides, they're the largest xenos race by population in and outside of galaxy. The greenskins are VERY relevant to the setting, since they don't have the constraints of 'we're stuck attacking from the Warp like a bunch of lil' cowards (Chaos Space Marines) or 'We have a growing empire but we're barely a blip on the Imperium's radar' (Tau).

Seriously, in terms of relevance to the setting, it goes:
>Imperium
>Chaos (usually switch back and forth with Orks when they're doing something big)
>Orks
>Eldar (basically pointy-eared cheerleaders for the Imperium at this point thanks to Yvraine)
>Everyone else
>... 'nids

they'll make fine possessed/chosen

I hope Privateer Press will get Warmachine and Hordes fixed to a playable level soon...
More Space Marines... That's it for me... GW can stick em up their ass

>not these puny Khorne daemons and their little Blood Crusade.

Did you forget that in Armageddon's pole there is a great build up in warp energy that's going break the walls of reality and cause a massive daemon incursion? Daemons are coming back to Armageddon.

>nids
retire that you heathen

I think our models will be made redundant, but naturally, the way Rogue Trader marines started looking silly by late 2nd edition.

First they'll release Ultraultramarines to cover every part of the current model range - this'll take years, possibly 5+ years. Then they'll merge their rules in the next edition. At that point, you can run either big or small marines under the same rules, but your small marines will look a little funny. It's worth noting that the new Sisters of Silence models are about as tall as space marines... either humans need to shrink or marines need to grow. They've chosen the latter.

>but naturally, the way Rogue Trader marines started looking silly by late 2nd edition
I'm not sure about that. They made the mistake of having the new marines directly tied to the narrative, separate from the existing marines.

So if they ever want to just move on and stop supporting the older ones, they'll have to justify it with something in-universe, where with the previous edition changes they were free to make new models as they pleased.

They're gonna a green booting the moment they arrive.
>Ullanor iz fer da Orkz!

They kinda are though. Recently they only exist to make the Tau look cool.

>Daemons are coming back to Armageddon.
I'm aware. What I'm saying is those Daemons are going to find they're charging right into Ork-held territory. (Last I checked, Orks control both poles of the planet at this point and time).

The greenskins really, REALLY like Armageddon, and if you think they're gonna lose it to a bunch of daemons, you've got another thing coming. Or have you forgotten that Armageddon is actually Ullanor, aka da most legenday Ork world in Imperial records

Sorry, but the 'nids are the chewtoy of pretty much everyone else in the setting at this point. Now that the Orks are playing bug exterminator on the biggest tendril of the biggest hive fleet yet, your only relevance to the setting is you somehow got a Genestealer Cult going on Terra. Kinda depressing really.

>Kinda depressing really.

They are going to end like arbites, they were at first created in the starship troopers craze in the 90s almost as a copy, and end up in the shitter once the trends goes down again.

'the older model marines are all vet-tier now, which matches up with fresh primaris'

>Redemptor Dreadnought
>Redemptor
How do they come up with these names?

So are these guys stronger then Grey Knights and Deathwatch marines, but weaker than Custodes?

i hope the 8th edition will make them great again

Open a book of psalms and pick a lyric at random.

>Guardsman still use the same troop kit as they did in 2002
>We get more Space Marines
Well, at least they are advancing the narrative.

They don't, its a project 10k years in the making.

6 points for 5? How much do normal marines cost?

You'll be back, faggot. If you were ever truly going to leave, then you would've been gone at the dawn of any of the previous editions we've had.

Anyone who believed GW were capable of advancing the narrative in a way that wasn't fucking retarded were retarded themselves.

The only thing I don't like the final cadia fight and eldar death god thing

>even more space marines

Great, because it is not like there is not already a dozen different variations of them in the game.

Upgrades are aight

Keeping two kinds of "generic" marines around in-universe is mega dumb.