PRIMARIS SPACE MARINES

youtu.be/qYGrIBpE2PI

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/
youtu.be/BceinBiT9jQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meanwhile, Orks are stuck with Gorkamorka-era models, Aspect Warriors are Finecast, and Chaos only have a single modern unit for their Cult troops.

But hey, more Space Marines! Just what we all asked for.

At least boltguns have a more modern take on them with the rail and scope. The mechanicus must've been keeping all the 21st century tech hidden until now.

The primadonas

>single modern unit for their Cult troops.
Soon they'll have 2.

Not gonna lie. These look sweet.

If they were truly modern, the scope would be on the rails instead of stamped onto metal. That way the marines could trade the scope for different optics allowing for more customization of your miniatures, but nope GW missed that opportunity.

And three, if Angron is anything to go by. Probably four.

And they also confirmed new CSM units in the FAQ.

((((((Enhanced gene-seed))))))

Paint them gold with blue trim and lightning bolts.

>they have that fucking aquilla even though the teaser pod versions didn't have it

now I gotta spend hours shaving off that shit
give me a break here

Dumb question here, if rowboat os.able to forge new gene seed why dont he share this secrets with the other chapters, especially with thodlse who struggle with theire geneseed eg. Blood marines?

They sure as fuck look a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the regular space marines.

Phone poster here, shame on me

I have to admit the model looks nice.

I just wish it was a remodel of the old SM models instead of new marines even better/faster/stronger/mary suer/whatever

finally some tacticool bolters

Well nvm the new boltgun looks great. Looks like you can out the scope there or something else.

Raccoon Garbageman been cumming in everyone elses marine geneseed so other chapters will raise his sons for him.

In the trailer will your spiritual liege announces his plan to create new space marines. He said that they would bring rebirth to chapters that were dead or close to being wiped out, and relief to those still alive.

While the Codex is t out yet I presume the new Primaris Marines are going to every chapter because why not he just declared a crusade.

>And this son is how the cuckmarines where born

>Mk X armor
What happened to Mk IX!?

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/
>Though they are a step removed from their brothers, the Primaris Space Marines still bear the gene-seed of their Primarchs, and some dissenting voices worry how this new type of warrior will react with the known genetic quirks and flaws of some of the more unusual Chapters…

Rowboat didn't. He just ordered them. Camel has been working on these guys for 10,000 years. They're just now ready. Or perhaps they've been ready for a while and someone with enough authority showed up to demand their production.

Also they are being shared with the other loyal chapters. Read the articles on Warhammer Community. You can have Space Wolves Primaris marines or whatever if you want.

Lost in the warp like the 4th sohere of expansion of course! That thought did occur to me too.

Okay guys let's be rational for a moment.
One one hand they are sturdier veterans (but I'd take rubrics any day of the week) whose bolters have 6" longer reach and -1ap.

That's great and all, but they cost more, their squads are smaller and can't carry special nor heavy weaponry.
In the rubric datasheet we saw the options for different equipment, so if GW aren't being total asses and giving us a false datasheet, I assume that Primaris Marines Interceptors or however the fuck they have called them will be limited to 5man squads of -1 ap dakka and 2 attacks.

Now, not having special weapons really makes me think about the viability of playing them instead of a 10man tac squad with meltas or plasmas. I would take 3-5 s7 ap-4 shots before 10 s4 ap-1 shots in most situations. Besides, they cannot have dedicated tankhunting equipment and the lack of dakka can be compensated by giving heavy bolters to the regular tacticals.

Maybe the Primaris Marine sergeants will be allowed to take special weaponry, but still, with the overhaul of combiweapons, regular marine sergeants get much more scary.

Thoughts?

>Imperium get new super models and story progression
>other factions get nothing

I m this close to quiting 40K and going AoS where everyone gets a chance t shine.

>Camel
Cawl

Ok idk why the image didn't upload.

Man, if standard Marines are 6'6" on average, how ridiculously huge are these fuckers? Or are we retconning shit now, so that Space Marines are just a little taller than normal and Primadonnas are what was once standard Marine size?

>hey're just now ready. Or perhaps they've been ready for a while and someone with enough authority showed up to demand their production.
Two years ago GW was ramping up to SIGMAR the whole 40K universe, these indominus marines were going to be the Guillicast Ultraternals. But when they saw the Fantasy backlash they pulled back the timeline/scale and just made the new guys """reinforcements""", you don't really *neeeeed* to buy them, but you'll want to, that is, unless you like playing with your old small guys, that's cool i guess, whatever kid.

The model looks great, but I don't understand why it exists.

The cost of having 3-5 special weapons in a regular space marine squad is probably going to cost way more than the difference between having the numarines

>mk10 armor
where the fuck is mk9 then?

3-5 shots, not 5 weapons.

Chaos gets daemon primarch, new cultists and plague marines.

>Humanity will reclaim the stars

Hahahahahahaha.....no. Get fucked Girlyman.
Your new SPESS MAHREENS won't stop the Crimson Path.

Team Chaos all the way.

>AoS where everyone gets a chance t shine

You mean where Eternals and Chaos get multiple chances to shine?

Wtf seriously no special weapons?

>Everyone gets a chance to shine

NOOOOOPE.

Its basically just Ground Marines, Khorne and Tzeentch, plus new factions added. Old factions get nothing except brief mentions saying Jimminy Jilikers while Sigmarines or Khorne do stuff.

If you look at the "power level" they cost six. Tacs are 5 and Rubrics are 8. It looks like the premium for these guys isn't going to be huge.

so true

They be uge mun.

Coming soon!

Land Raider Primaris
Rhino Primaris
Etc Primaris

Seriously, couldn't they make these guys a bit more distinguishable from regular marines in terms of appearance? This reeks of laziness.

>Windows 10

Where the fuck is Windows 9 then?

>Orruks got two great releases
>Duadrin dwarfs got two fabulous releases
>Death got one release
>Chaos got two releases
>Stormcast got 2 releases

Everyone but Death got an equal level of presentation and releases.

To sell.

Its Space Marines, with a new hat.

Just wait until this sumbitch gets his hands on some nuMarines.

Eldar isn't imperium user

I would prefer to see points to get a better estimation. My guess is that Primaris are going to cost around 18-19 points.

Plus if you're playing by power you don't have to pay for special weapons because muh narrative, so I would still stay with 10 power points 10 man tac squad with plasmagun, plasmacannon and combiplasma.

Chaos are getting a huge new release with 8th, focusing on Nurgle forces.

youtu.be/BceinBiT9jQ

>Old factions get nothing except brief mentions saying

The old models of the Ghouls and Savage Orcs were repurposed to be their own unique AoS armies.

Praise the emperor tacticool plasmaguns!

They're going to organize these guys like Heresy Era Marines. The basic units will have nothing but Bolt Rifles. Then there will be "Tactical Support" units of them that all have the same special weapon. And "Heavy Support" units with all the same heavy weapon.

Not yet.

>they have improved plasmaguns

well fuck me time to remake my army.

So you mean new factions got stuff.

That's like saying Space Marines got something when AdMech was added because both are Imperium. Or adding new Tyranid factions means anything to Tau and Orks.

If its not that army, its not for them.

Almost every SM player will get some, and many of them will replace their whole collection with these "true scale" marines. $$$

I'm just saying the power level gives us a rough idea of the eventual points cost. Since Tacs are 13 each I'd expect these guys to be about 16 points each.

....so we just arent gonna talk about Skaven.

That's not new things, that's old things in a new box.

Yay. A fucking box. Such equal attention.

Don't forget wood elves too.

3 pts more for +1W +1A and better bolter but no special/heavy.

Nuts

Wood Elves got nothing, a new faction of forest spirits was added.

The existing line was just trimmed.

Again, creating a new faction is not giving something to the old one any more than adding Sisters of Silence is an addition to Space Wolves.

Ohh forgot the Sylvaneth and Pestilens releases.

I am not a huge fan of that mass effect n7 stripe

>but there are plenty more on the way. And likely vehicles too…
Fuck, just make them the new standard of marine in funky gear. The "they're completely better but not a replacement!" fluff is real stupid.

No, Space Wolves are as to Space Marines as Sylvaneth are to Wood Elves. That is, subfactions. If Space Wolf shit came out it would very much be new Space Marine stuff. Same way the new Ynnari was new Eldar stuff or the Tempestus were new Guard stuff. You can run all those things as simply part of the larger factions army, therefore it is releases for those factions.

So what happens to the regular spess marines? They going to be phased out like the thunder warriors?

The what? You mean the painted helmet stripe?

Call back to first edition.

Ofcourse not, they are after all The Emperors (second) Finest!

(Third)?

Are Primaris marines gonna be better than Custodes?

The Spaciest most Mariniest of Space Marines

Nothing for now. Long term I suspect these guys will become the common Marines and the current shorter Marines will be a legacy thing kinda like beaky helmets are today.

Existing will probably get upgraded with new geneseed and armor.

Custodes will probably have WS/BS 2+ and S/T 5, so no. These guys are between Marines and Custodes.

This yours or is it official?

Honestly I'm guessing they went with Mk X simply because looks cooler and alternatively can be pronounced as mark ex.

I suppose they'll either say that Aegis armor is Mk IX or that the geneseed modifications took longer than the creation of the armor and in that time they created both Mk IX and X.

>marinefag tears when they get replaced as the poster boys with even more awesome space marines with all the coolest buys

Delicious.

>tacticool spess muhreens

wow it's fucking nothing

mk ix already exists though, its in that pic, almost identical to mk8 but with a collar, deathwatch veterans are equipped with it

Does it count as a power armour mark if it's not available to marines in general? I mean, Sister armour is based on Marine armour and it's not labeled as a mark.

found on warhammer community, so official

mk8 always had a collar.

Probably the first bolter iteration that doesn't look dopey.

You know what user's they actually look pretty cool, but I think the release of nu-marines for me marks the end of my SM army. I still have a bit of a backlog to sort and few extra things to get but the sun is certainly setting.

I say this and then I will get a squad for stern guard or some shit but part of me just feels... depressed at these guys rocking up.

WELP time to focus on my dark elder... they haven't been shat up. yet.

I'm pretty sure the Guard gets fuck-all

>deathwatch veterans are equipped with it
what

deathwatch are in mk8

"Mark "X" sounds cool" that's most probably the case. Though it looks a MkIV at first glance. Heck some chapters might shove a Mkiv helmet in a mkVIII just to say they have a new set of power armour.

Deathwatch got MkVIII, genius.

I dunno, I think the info is being guarded by like three Titans or something.

Because you assholes don't read

>So, what’s a Primaris Space Marine?

These are a brand-new breed of warrior, commissioned by the Primarch Guilliman and developed in secret on Mars for the past 10,000 years by Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Find out all about them and check out an awesome video here.

>Are all my current Space Marine miniatures redundant now?

No way! Primaris Space Marines do not replace regular (if a superhuman killing machine can be described as ‘regular’) Space Marines. These guys have a few extra genetic enhancements, thanks to Belisarius Cawl, and serve as additional reinforcements in the Adeptus Astartes arsenal, not replacements.

>Will there be multiple types of Primaris Space Marines?

You bet. So far you’ve seen the Intercessors, the line infantry clad in Mk X armour, but there are plenty more on the way. And likely vehicles too…

>Wait, Mk X armour?

Yup, these guys have new armour: combining the best bits of classic Horus Heresy-era plate, with some fancy tech developed more recently.

>Can I field a whole army of Primaris Marines?

You totally can. From a background point of view, some Chapters, especially those decimated in the events of the Gathering Storm, now have entire companies of these new warriors. Others have incorporated squads of Primaris Space Marines into existing Battle Companies. And perhaps most excitingly, Guilliman has founded some entirely new Chapters out of these new Space Marines.

>I have an army. Can I field Primaris Space Marines?

Any of the galaxy’s many hundreds of Codex Chapters can use Primaris Space Marines, along with many of the less Codex-compliant ones like Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves.

Only the helmet. The legs look very much like MkIII.

Pretty sure he'd make his own out of a bitchfit.
>oh yeah?
>well nu-marines have the faces of the primarchs!
>suck on that

dont know if like or not

>tfw when confused armour marks
>thought mk7 was mk8
>thought mk8 was mk9

I'm an idiot

In which case, maybe having the ultramarine Aquila being omnipresent on them will later on be a mark of 'primaris' versus 'regular', when everything's on the new scale?