Why do you intend to keep playing this game?

Why do you intend to keep playing this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-gaming-may15gw-homepage-post-4/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't. Everything GW have shown regarding 8th tells me that I'm just not the target audience any more. Which is sad - this is a game I've played for over 15 years, that I've put an enormous amount of love and energy into - but whatever. Times change. I'm going to move on to something else.

Because I love 40K and it looks like it's going to be better than 7th.

Because it's finally, for once, getting better

>Movie Marines
>Imperium Secundus
Wtf? This can't be real.

I had the opposite reaction for the most part. I jumped ship around 6th. And I'm tempted to come back, in all honesty.

What about 8th, so far turned you off to it?

I have survived the change to 3E which dumbed down the game incredibly from a 1E player POV. After a hiatus I returned. So I am not shocked. In fact, I welcome the partial return to 1E mechanics (saving throw modifiers).

Don't worry user, OP is a fag, real image here

i'm guessing he is a muhreens player and is afraid of primaris marines becoming the standard for them.

It is, despite what little shit stains like would try to tell you

Thanks, user.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-gaming-may15gw-homepage-post-4/

Offical post here, if you don't believe me

Kind of wish the OP was right. 6 Toughness and Strength was too much, but 5, and the rest would have been cool.

I'm alright with a slow transition to true-scale movie marines. it's not like you couldn't use the old models with the new rules.

Not a Muhreen player though.

T5 and 2+ save would make them strictly better than Terminators, which would be kinda dumb

tryhard faggot

I apologise for having read the rules user, I'll try not to do so in future

(1/10 I replied)

Yeah the 2+ is probably a but much. Unless they make primus terminators or something. I could see a 5-6+ invul or Feel no pain sort of thing.

>What about 8th, so far turned you off to it?

I strongly dislike the changes they're making to the rules. Age of Sigmar really didn't work for me at all and almost all of the 8th edition previews have been lifted straight from it. There's some good points - bringing back the Movement stat, and the stratagem system replacing Formations, for example - but the general simplification of the rules is a huge disappointment. I like complexity.

The fluff is also going in directions I don't like. The overwhelming focus on the Imperium fighting Chaos holds very little appeal, and the general tone is become more heroic, more larger-than-life. The surreal, nightmarish atmosphere that drew me into the setting is being lost.

The only Imperial army I play is Admech. Everything else is one flavour or another of Xenos.

because I find everything they leaked so far to be an improvement over 7th.

>general tone is become more heroic, more larger-than-life. The surreal, nightmarish atmosphere that drew me into the setting is being lost.
I could see that. I think that's been going on for quite a while though. With a goody two shoe faction being added in, and Necrons losing tehir scary unknowableness to become zany space pharaohs.

Haven't played AoS, but I've liked the non-setting changes so far. With more rules getting shifted from USR to Data Sheets, I don't think it's actually loosing any complexity.

I knida like the datasheets too, it's easier to show an opponent the cards for what you brought than, hand them your army book, and rely on memory.

>and Necrons losing tehir scary unknowableness to become zany space pharaohs.

>Complain about Oldcrons not having enough personality and customisation options
>GW fixes that
>teegee complains anyways

There is to pleasing some people.

Why play dinky marines when you can play T'au?

I always thought the complainers were dumb. It's meant to be a scary, vast, uncaring universe. Old crons fit the bill

Because I'm getting releases for my favorite armies soon.

Inertia and sunk costs.

But they had the same problem Tyranids did, user.

They were boring.

No one wanted "myeh" skeletor personality.

When people want something, they want it to be good.

Yeah, it turns out an army with only 2 choices per slot can get dull quick. Model releases were all they needed

The Tyranids were boring? When? In 4th? 4th edition was the last time Tyranids were any good. After that they lost all their options and you had to take them as they came. Also 5th edition was about how well the other factions stomped Tyranid ass, rather than about how everyone was struggling to understand Tyranids and constantly being surprised by the changes they'd make to win wars.

Necrons were dull because every army was nothing but double Monolith with Warrior parade back then.

They are just dumb purple bugs, no characters, no motives, nothing to root for or care about, yawn

they exist only to be gunned down en mass by the heroes to show how badass they are.

>not just continuing to play the edition you like the most

People like you are the fucking worst. Quick to throw your toys out of the pram when you see something you dont like.

Well the rules seem to become a lot better... I mean lets be frank the 7th edition rules are not that great...

>accidentally revealing that you are british
kek shameful

Dont be jealous user, we can't all be perfect.

i survived Age of Sigmar and grown to somewhat enjoy it, this change is nothing to me.

>caring about fluff in a game

The fuck is wrong with you people? Mechanics are what matters.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/a-new-breed-of-hero-may15gw-homepage-post-1/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/

Where's post 3?

Fluff is the main appeal. If you want mechanics, play a game where hobbying isnt the foundation.

What the book says doesn't change gluing instructions.

Fluff is meaningless as a key chain being waved at you.

Im so bord with your stupid shill type questions of 40k that im not even really going to respond.

Lotta fucking shilling goin' on here......fuck off geedubs!

>Everyone who likes something is a shill

I've already got painted models. At this point it won't cost me anymore to keep using them, so why wouldn't i?

Because, as a Blood Angels player, I've always wanted something a little better than a Tactical Marine for my Troops. If it all pans out right, I think I will pick up a set to use in addition to my Tactical Squad and Cassor (if he stays a Troop). If Cassor stops being a Troop, I'll probably pick up two to fill out my Battalion Detachment.

Wanting other people to like what you like makes you a shill. Lying about what you like to get other people to like it is being a shill.
Here endeth the lesson.

because orkz are fun to convert, i sometimes win too

Getting paid to support something while pretending you aren't is what actually makes you a shill. See: YouTubers.

I would say that wanting people to like what you like is just being enthusiastic. If you liked something, why wouldn't you want other people to like it too? More fun all around

>Fluff is the main appeal.
And yet 40k fluff is some of the most irredeemable garbage this side of Sonic fandom.

This isn't really impressive for what they hyped them up to be.

If they make them too strong they start getting too expensive points-wise to form the basis of an army. Plus Custodes are still there if you want something even more elite. I think they made a good choice.

Yeah, but it's effectively Vets asTroops for everyone which is pretty good. Plus they said Tactical Marines are cheaper and there will be more kinds besides these leading me to believe whatever new marines they make with these will mean the previous versions (like Stern or Assault) will be cheaper too.

Heresy!

>These rules are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways.

>play a game that needs multiple people to play
>be enthusiastic about it to entice more players
>"SHIIIIIIIIILL"

I fucking hate this place

Welcome to modern Veeky Forums. Enjoy your stay.

i dont like the aesthetic of 8ths warscrolls or whatever their equivalent is called.they look like they were designed as tooltip popups for some sort of 40k video game port.

AoS scrolls look way nicer, like something actually meant to be printed and read in a book.

Yes? I, nor any of my friends, play any variant of space marine. This doesn't affect us in the slightest.

>and the general tone is become more heroic, more larger-than-life.
what the fuck? 40k is like the most bombastic setting anyone could possibly come up with

It's your lies that I don't abide. Tell the truth, don't lie. But y'all gotta lie and suck people in. Weak.
It's a shitty game with shitty rules and shitty miniatures. It's all a con. And now the con is: bigger better figures! Because every three year old wants a bigger, shinier, tougher thing than his friends have......pathetic.

>your opinions are lies
maybe if you cry long and hard enough they'll drown in your tears you pathetic retard

The hype is entirely there because they don't want to just say "we are relaunching space marines to be slightly larger" since they obviously think that will piss off more people, considering how salty some people got from simply changing the base on regular marines to the next size up.

Sad.

Wow, you sure showed him!

Imagine being this autistic

>they actually made "super-marines" because they finally decided to bring the scale for marines somewhat in line

Fucking GW man, people wanted a better scale, not super-movie-marines; fuckity-fuck-fuck.

>back-pedalling shills

Because armies that aren't Tau or Eldar will have a chance to win now in 8th.

You clearly don't know what you want.

Hide, ignore. It's the same troll who tries to shit on every 40k thread since last week.

>shilling this hard

Sorry, son - that ain't me. Stop assuming everyone who objects to shit is the same person.....not all of us are nine, kiddo.

He's been doing it for longer than that.

Some people are genuinely pathetic.

Fucking lol at the photoshopped stats.

Newmarines don't make a lot of sense- what, they'll be fulfilling the exact same tactical role that normal space marines do, with the same base size, and similar equipment.

They just look like normal marines with different armor and longer guns. I don't get the point. Oh, maybe it's because GW wants people to buy shit and they're pretty much creatively bankrupt at this point.

Y'know what? If this is real, I'm fucking fine with it. This is exactly how I've always thought marines should play. These guys are perfect for "your dudes" special fluffy squad.

>people have been asking for better looking marines for years
>GW gives people better looking marines
>???
>profit

And yes - GW is SELLING them. A toy company which asks money for their products ? The absolute madmen.

But it is a good thing that no one is forcing you to buy them if you don't want them, eh ?

Stop telling us how businesses work you obvious shill!!!!!!

Wanting other people to dislike what you dislike makes you cancer. Consistently posting about what you don't like and making shit-tier b8 like this makes you shitposting cancer. Here endeth the lesson.

I don't like everything in 8th and haven't bought anything geedubs in the longest time and I can still tell you're just autisticly buttmad about replacing your flavourless smurfs somewhere down the line. Wanna change hobbies? ask what other good games you might wanna get into and move on.

Sound, and I guess a business as large as GW is generally going to try to do analysis of their market and make things people will want to buy. Maybe people will love them.

I still don't like newmarines though, just my opinion.

I think that having multiple things that are just slight variations of each other that have the exact same tactical role is lame. I'd have preferred something I haven't seen, like maybe some kind of mecha, tank, or something that looks totally new. Or a new troop choice that has some kind of cool new style or special design. Not just a bigger version of something we already have with a new hat and gun.

The newmarine and the oldmarine look similar enough that without really close scrutiny they could be confused for each other. I'm not looking forward to playing with some tfg who mixes up his newmarines and oldmarines or deliberately kitbashes in a way where you can't tell which marines are which. The whole thing is super laaame imo.

Those are fair points. I understand that you are not interested in those new-marines and, yes, GW could have proposed something a little more interesting than only slightly bigger marines for starting 8th edition.

Maybe later releases will include more interesting shiny toys. We'll see.

>creatively bankrupt

Don't mind the rules changes.

Absolutely hate everything about numarines. It's centurions & dread knights again but worse fluff.

Just how fucking salty are the GW haters these days?
How fucking furious are you guys that you switched to another, supposedly better game, only to realize you got rused?
How fucking hilarious is it that GW is actually giving a fuck about the rules while telling WAAC fags to get lost?

What a time to be alive.

Cause the lemmings let me pick up armies for peanuts.

>The newmarine and the oldmarine look similar enough that without really close scrutiny they could be confused for each other. I'm not looking forward to playing with some tfg who mixes up his newmarines and oldmarines or deliberately kitbashes in a way where you can't tell which marines are which.

Aren't the megamarines sigmarine sized? They'll be hard to confuse with regular muhreens if that's the case.

But yeah this is rather lame. GW should have just replaced their Space Marine range with these guys if they wanted to truescale, not gone with this weak ass compromise.

Well they've given the option of either running a completely nu-marine only army or one with both nu-marines and old marines, so as not to alienate those who have spent thousands over the years building up their armies.

Completely replacing their best selling range is terrible business and alienates longstanding customers

>How fucking furious are you guys that you switched to another, supposedly better game, only to realize you got rused?

Dropzone/fleet, Infinity and Warmahordes still look like they'll have better rules than 8th Ed.

It's nice to know that I can dust off my 40K and play some games now, though. The other games I play are great, and now 40K is looking to be fun again too. This is a win-win for me, really.

The only real losers here are people who insisted on solely playing GW games during the hell of 6th-7th edition, rather than ducking out until the company started to learn to be cool again.

Shills be gettin' angry, now....calm yer tits, geedubs! Yer game is shit: that's why you hafta remake it every couple years and suck in new dumb kids.
When was the last time they remade or updated Chess? Yeah....that's what I thought..............

I doubt these will be getting confused

>Completely replacing their best selling range is terrible business and alienates longstanding customers

And it opens up a new avenue for profit, now GW can sell old marines for HH and nuMarines for 40k.

When was the last time anyone had fun playing chess?

Or sell both for 40k and make even more money.

Do me a favour, never start your own business.

>being this mad over a tabletop game

I was mostly shitting on warmachine players. Infinity is fine, dropzone is as well.

>Chess
There's more that one way to play chess kiddo.
Why not tell us what game you actually play so we can let you know if it's shit or not?

Oh, it's a sound business practice, it's just sort of lame from a fluff perspective.

Does nobody else fine the idea of these grotesquely huge ogre Marines hilarious? Going by they must be at least ten foot tall on average. That's nearly how big Tyranid Warriors are in fluff.

I'm very willing to bet that in all art these guys will be done as normal Marines, because this is clearly just a way for GW to steadily move us toward truescale.

Clearly

I play Warmachine. Ain't nothing wrong with the game, and anyone that moved to it during 7th edition made the objectively correct choice.

Now they have two cool games to play that offer vastly different experiences, playstyles, and fluff.

>7 Ld

What the fuck?