Your setting

Do you have anything you're proud of in yours?

Were I to consider playing in it, what would you say to convince me?

Is it unique in some way?

It's a setting, with multiple settings within it.
All of them feature the players as warforged, with elemental abilities.

The unique part?
Your character has two special abilities.
One automatic elemental power depending on sub-species.
The other ability is dependant on what mask your character wears.

Are you running a...
You are.

It's like Medival europe but with mythical things in the ancient past and hidden in uncivilized places.

Also uh... the class options represent specific factions or groups in the setting.

Also it's humans only, dwarves and elves are extinct.

My setting is kinda generic, but it revolves around the idea of life after an apocalyptic war fought with powerful magics. There are many once thriving cultures that are now declining (or some growing) in isolation or in conflict with each other or otherworldly beings.
Yeah, there are the generic races like elves and dwarves, but they live apart from each other and from humans. The setting focuses on lost civilizations and their secrets, in a way that was somewhat inspired by STALKER.

The campaign I'm currently GMing is about an adventure a dude hired the players on to find his older brother. It has run over a year by now, almost regularly twice in a month.

Humans are mostly extinct outside of the Dragon Empire of the West. The Feywilds are open. "Humans" found East of the Dragonwall are pretty much just half elves or isolated as FUCK on the mountainside. North of the Manblight, a salt desert built by man to hold back the Fae invasion, is the ruins of Marduun, populated by the Goliath Kingdom. All along the mountainous Dragonwall are the Dwarfholms, with technology pretty equivalent to 1800s America, though more emphasis on electromagnetism. In the eleven heartland, the jungles of the South, lies Fichi Ulesh and the Adamant Tower, the home of the greatest Archmage of the era. Slightly North of that, in the Amazon River expy is The Navel of The World, an island city made of lapis lazuli; a piece of the UrGoddess who made the world while again.

It's based on Greek mythology, but set in the 1930s after an Olympic civil war saw Zeus dethroned and Apollo installed as the new King of the Gods. The mortal counterpart to this war was WW1, with one side favoring Apollo and his rebellion and the other favoring Zeus and the remaining loyalist gods. Now dieselpunk technology exists alongside low magic in massive cities dominated by art-deco skyscrapers and sprawling factories. Humans now live alongside fauns, giants, harpies, centaurs, and other creatures of Greek myth.

Religions like Christianity and Buddhism don't really exist in a meaningful way, the Greek gods are just straight up real and no one can deny it. Oil still exists and is a very important resource, but it is slightly different from real world oil. Actually very different, it has some magical properties and is in fact not the result of fossilized plant matter, but actually ichor, blood shed by the Titans eons ago during their battle with the Olympians.

The basis of the setting is that you are hired on to a traveling merchant band and adventure scales from helping villagers and earning reputation to stumbling upon monsters and cults and what not and possibly finding out that all humans are not from the planet to begin with...

That sounds pretty interesting, would play.

A post-sci-fi ringworld setting, set in roughly year 30,000 our time. DESU, I first tried making a post-sci-fi setting after playing a shitload of FURI and wanting a setting where you could conceivably have a guy with magic powers in power armour using a laser sword.

It's set on a ringworld, mankind made it about year 20,000 through mass-fabrication tech and cannibalising the solar system as it is (besides the moon, that's kept in orbit outside the shadow squares as a kind of old-earth museum). A race of interstellar nanomachines comes along to eat the ring and everyone on it. Mankind fights with robot armies, genetically modified monstrosities, not-space-marines(tm) and a whole lot of other shit, but their final "fuck you" is an EMP blast propagated via their own swarm of nanomachines. This sends the alien swarm into dormancy, but blasts mankind back to the stone age.

The current setting has 4 homebrew races I'm really proud of, and will the stats of if anyone want em. They're robots, humans who jam old tech into their brains to get science-magic powers, agressive herd-animal aliens called Vaus, and Sleepers: the old-ass supersoldiers who've lost their memories in the 8000+ year sleep until the modern era. I've got a lot more details, and will provide if anyone's curious.

>two gods don't exist 364 days of the year

>Repetition muskets

>a prison made from chained ship hulks in the midst of a lake

>dwarven geomancy allows for the cultivation of geodes into city-sized chambers

>international corpse smuggling fuels the war machine of the first lich and his crawling undersea necropolis, partially made of rotten flesh

>imperial bureaucracy uses around 30.000 seers to find out the worth of your taxes a month from now

>a nation of megatherium herders based on gaucho romanticism

>universal Soldier-esque frankstein-like steampunk cyborgs opress the populace serving a titanic analogic computer

>sea and moon goddess is a giant mermaid whose fins generate the sea currents. She spawns spell pearls and her bellybutton is a maelstrom leading to inside the hollow of the moon.

>orcs are unplayable bone-scarred necrogenic apes

>undead explosive whales

>the war god's avatar is made of 300 soldiers acting in perfect unity

>ley lines are metaphysical links between people which conduct prana and are the basis of the whole Creation. If you have any kind of feelings for someone, you have a ley line connecting you to that person. If that person has feelings for you as well, the ley line goes both ways. This web sustains reality. Love and hate literally move the world.

>leyships

>spontaneous combustion is diagnosed as a disease

>therapeutic curses

>giant snakes made of corindon

>sea centipedes with fins instead of legs

>sultans are djinns and the superior caste of their land

>citadels of pykrete

>two unique races

>kobolds are dragon larvae, one in a million actually evolves into a dragon.

>the above invented handheld rocket launcher pods

>dwarven war shovels and steel bows

>the Sun is hollow

>samurai use firearms

>samurai use firearms
what the FUCK

>Barrel folded over a thousand thousand times.

That actually happened, you know.

I only really have one true setting, which is not traditional fantasy.

There is a city called Garden. It's outside of time and space. People who get lost end up here, which is true of thousands of alien worlds and races. Everything is recycled endlessly, the city isn't ruled by anyone, and the electric lights are the only thing keeping the monsters in the woods at bay.

I'm immediately turned off by anything that features dwarves or kobolds to anyou large degree. There's never been a good setting that prominently features these meme races

Dwarves are humans that were transplanted from the human homeworld to a highly irradiated one that forced them to hole up in the nearby cave system from where they landed. They were teleported by a wizard named Kathrak to avoid a magically-induced calamity that was sleeping their homeland back on their human homeworld. Kathrak has become their cultural hero and messiah figure in the millennia since then, and both humans and dwarves have unlocked the secrets of interstellar travel in the meantime. They have reconnected, and it did not take long for them to realize that the dwarves were a subspecies of humanity whose history began at that certain point of human history. They were pretty shook up, but also amazed at the same time, you know? Consequently, they are allies and they have even begun to interbreed a little on the frontier.

Elves lived on a trio of worlds in the habitable zone around their star, first evolving on the middle one and settling the others via teleportation magic. Over time, they developed interplanetary travel via starship and Space Whale. At some point, they decided to technomagically induce a solar flare to harvest that dank starstuff and ROYALLY fucked it up. Luckily, two of the three elven civilizations were in the process of building generation ships to sail the void, and they sent those out as soon as they realized shit was going south.

The more technically minded one on the outer planet of the habitable zone made ships of metal and ceramic, and those refugees over time became what we would know as gnomes. They genetically engineered themselves to be smaller in order to require less calories, living space, and air, which is a damn good quality to have when you're space nomads. So they're basically short quarians, i guess. I still think it's cool.

The other refugees fled in a pod of Space Whales that were in feasting on the ring of the middle planet. They became weird space-nature dudes.

show me what you got

bump

Highways and roads are man made leylines by the Masons in their attempt to reach godhood. They fucked up and ended up making a god of roads and cars. The god is depressed and in a misguided attempt to help people gave people powers to influence cars and then them into demonic creatures. Fast forward half a century and now society has fallen and now it's Mad Max but with demons and magic and the occasional psychic

I'm creating my first campaign and these are some ideas that I find unique about the setting;

>everyone is born with the capability to use magic and ki
>magic-siphoning vampires start to take over the world
>the only resistance to the vampires are ki users (monks-mainly, clerics, paladins, and druids)
>the vampires are part of a cult, using the stolen magic to awaken an ancient moon god
>the moon god is the source of all magic
>the sun god is dormant and the source of ki

Medieval post-apocalypse. Basically the black death on steroids hit the land, killing like 9 out of 10 people. This happend about 100 years prier to the adventure. The land is mostly abandoned, dotted with small independent settlements among the ruins. The ruins and countryside are infested with monsters. Politically a warlord claiming to be a decendent of an old line of kings is attempting to unite the land, a conclave of ancient wizards who survived the plague are manipulating things behind the scenes, and a mongol inspired peoples who were unaffected by the plague are invading from the east.

I think I got some good transhuman themes going but I mostly like that the planet itself is growing figuratively schizophrenic, in so many ways at once.

>tfw dont have a setting

My setting is just modern times but for unknown reasons 9 human representing the 9 D&D alignment got memory wiped at the point of their death and ascended into godhood and started doling out divine power to those they like and then having those champions fight proxy wars. The setting's main draw is unstated gods, high fantasy power trips, pretty simple lore, and seeing how long it takes for the DM (Me) to end up making shitty social commentary (I'm betting on right after the first arc!). Haven't run the game yet but I'm hoping it won't dissolve into South East of the Alignment Chart. Pic related works for Big LG mainly to fuck with heads.

I like the shields and iconography a lot

What system?

Gnarled Woods
>Communities and individuals living in total isolation on trains moving constantly around the forest
Brode College
>A Medical hospital devoted to understanding the connection between mind and body and how the spirit can manifest as specific illnesses
Kingdom of Thrills (Amusement Park)
>A house on a raised stone platform where important people gather to discuss the nature of their own souls

Mys etting is pretty mucha mishmash of Eclipse Phase, Altered Carbon/Takeshi Kovacs, and Starship Troopers. Whats unique about it is that the armor available to everyone is more than enough to protect against any civvy-grade small arms, but viibro melee weapons can easily pierce it given a good enough swing behind it. This means that cops are less likely to freak about a ganger having a gauss rifle loaded with flayer rounds as they are about a milspec vibro-pick winding up in the hands of a hobbyist. Additionally, there was a massive war around 5 years before the starting point of the setting. And since one of the primary theaters was the Frontier, you have a ton of (mildly obsolete) military hardware in a wild west/frontier area.
Basically i wanted my players to be able to play with handheld casaba howitzers if they were stupid enough to try.

>You re either a Necromancer, a Wizard, or a minion
>Necromancers are the top shit, they literally own your soul and can and will bond you to your body when you die.
>Wizards are lesser Necromancers, they can only see and shift souls towards the necromancer. They're still slaves, but now they live like a 19th century human, so not that bad?
>Minions are normal I miss, below shot. Think Hindu untouchable care, except they're even worse then the ground they work because plants can't be brought back from the dead.

I don't strive for originality but I want it to be interesting enough.
Most original thing it's how the "universe" started I guess. Some crustacean being of many crustacean beings, galaxies wide on size, hatched a few of it eggs, one of them failed to mature properly and the setting was born. Basically.

Based

It has gnolls in it. Cool gnolls. Civilized gnolls.

It's a paranoid schizophrenic's wet dream because I was a little off when I designed it
Adapts a lot of conspiracy tropes so that they all work together as one big conspiracy and involves mind flayers

There are two playable time periods, Second Age and Third Age.

The ages are divided by the opening of a rift between the setting and modern earth, so it works as a standard no-humans fantasy setting with cool donut races, and also as a mortal kombat style rift-world setting with mercenaries and weapon proliferation.

>My friends say I'm a good DM, and they're good folks.

Because, lets be honest, everything else is chaff; my setting could be rad as fuck but if I were bad, it doesn't matter.

>Is it unique in some way?
yes, it's 201,32% unoriginal

>mfw I had one of those playing sets when I was little
>the castle on the left

I had a thought the other day, based on this art piece and characters like Unicron and Galactus, and other entities that would eat worlds.

I'm trying to make a setting where Earth has been swallowed whole by a gigantic cosmic entity, like pic related but on a much, much smaller scale.

The thing is; we weren't eaten in the traditional sense. Sure, we were swallowed whole by this thing but its not like its digesting the planet or anything. You see, I kept wondering why a creature that's supposed to be so unknowable would follow some base form of bodily operation like that; that it eats a world and that's that.

I thought it would be interesting if it somehow gains nourishment from the life on the planet itself through some means we can't figure out, and keeps this world alive to that goal. So bio luminescent organs imitate the sun, provide heat, etc.

The only problem is I'm having difficult trying to figure out how to go from there. So the whole world is inside a gigantic horror's stomach, and it hasn't just instantly wrecked everything, but I'm thinking maybe other lovecraftian horrors would be like symbiotic microbes compared to this things' magnificence, and are infesting the world. but other than that I'm stumped.

I'm thinking about using World of Darkness for this when I have a more coherent idea of the setting.

My setting is in between being devoured and born all the time. There's an immensely powerful elder running on primordial instinct, feasting on the corpse of the old world simultaneously creating the new one.

There are overseers of this process who are disguised as celestials from the sacred texts

Not him, but I know what you mean. Practically every fantasy race has annoying stigmas attached to them that players want, regardless of if it makes sense or not. My group I've always played with have probably the most vanilla fantasy taste, while I'm anything but. It really hampers my ability to create unique races that aren't the dnd standard.

I just want to have a game in an extremely surrealist setting, honestly

Pic semi-related

How would you even play something like that?

Would you just use a freeform FATE or Apocalypse style system that lets you twist the laws of physics into spaghetti as long as you negotiate with the GM and spend some resource?

Or are you talking about something more like pic related: world that looks surreal but still generally follows consistent physical laws.

I'm talking about the first one. Seemingly incoherent environments with the players picking how the world is traversed with various strange outcomes. Give the player some agency through the use of FATE-style points, just so they don't feel helpless. There would probably be limitations to certain actions in certain environments just to add to the challenge/actual game play. Obviously this wouldn't work with a lot of players/GMs, due to the pseudo free-form nature of it, but I think it would be a whole lot of fun to GM for.

Also, I've never played Apocalypse, is it any good?

Apocalypse World has a lot of cool ideas (which is why it's spawned so many descendants), but you have to get past the annoying writing style. Worth playing at least once.

My setting has no elves. I'm very period of that personally. But i also like the fact that the more time a person spends around the gods in the setting the more they physically start to look like them.

Imagine Forgotten Realms if Dostoyevsky wrote it. Bleak, psychological, Russian.

You are a young, ambicious magicien. You want to discover of the great secret of the arcan, and are mostly ready to do anything to succed.

And you are in luck! The most powerfull mage alive, the great Darius, deceided to take a few apprentice under his wings for the first time. You faught hard, but manage the take one of those place, alongside X ambious young mage. You are ready to learn everything from your new teacher.

Except... He doesn't seem really interested in teaching to any of you. In fact, you seem yo be spending most of your time dusting his great tower, running ridiculous erand and trying to stop his many, many, MANY enemy from destroying his beloved garden. Seriously, how can an almost immortal all powerfull mage have so many grudge???

You have to make him notice you, do your daily routine, and answer his every whim. Can you make it?

( It's a game of Maid RPG in a high fantasy setting, Pathfinder style. Basically the mage is a mix of Mr. Miyagi and Netero, and the focus is heavily PvP and RP based.)