Dragons

How do you guys prefer your Dragons?
Sapient?
Feral?
Pure evil?
Or each their own individual?

Other urls found in this thread:

kikurages.tumblr.com/post/107687360749/some-sketches-airborne-commandospecial-forces
rodrigo-vega.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on the dragon, more or less they fall in line with their scale color but there are outliers.

Ah, the overly-cheerful adventurer and the overweight dragoness. My favorite fairytale.

Largely mythical, and evil. It's possible to become a dragon through immense greed - it's a painful slow transformation that starts with patches of scale growing through your skin, madness and anti-social behavior.

If your horrible deformed body doesn't succumb to a mob of pitchfork and torch peasants as you flee the city, eventually you will fully turn into a roughly horse-sized dragon.

Dragons hoard gold because they're the embodiment of greed, even after the gold ceases to have any use to them.

I like them being crazy powerful, but being far too autistic and obsessive to really be off serious danger or concern to people most of the time. I especially like it when dragons have ultra goofy, hyper specific items or creatures like pic related

Fuckable.

>How do you guys prefer your Dragons?
With big fat dragon cocks

All the dragons in my setting are empty bodies controlled by a queen. This applies also for kobolds - think buggers from Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead.

My least favorite is the generic "it's a winged lizard that mid level parties fight". I generally prefer them to be rare and powerful, but I'm fine with a wide variety within those parameters.

In the setting I'm working on, dragons are immensely terrifying creatures capable of leveling cities, each the personification of the seven sins, with drakes embodying only single sins. This isn't to say that they're /evil/, just very much swayed by their nature and urges. So a Parthunax-type is possible, if you really want, but for the most part they serve as threats to entire kingdoms.

Quite literally like so

That's optional user

Self-insertable.

Heroic

>overweight

She is just big boned!

>tumblr meme
>wojak

Hmmm

>that picture

Sentient, with redeemable characteristics.

"Hey there boss lady! I've cleaned up all the guts and scrap metal! Do you need anything else? Can I bring you one of the cows? Besabelle's finally old enough to make a meal."

>Hmmm... umm...

"..."

>... Bring me...

"...Yes?"

>...Two cows! And a cheese wheel! Oh! And a keg of that Dwarven Ale. I feel like binging a bit tonight.

"Right away, boss lady!"

>And don't forget the cummies for dessert!

I like the idea of dragons as a metaphor for taking a quality that is effective in moderation too far, as they are presented in Beowulf or Tolkien. For example, Beowulf's dragon is like a bad king - it hoards all the money for itself using its physical might. Kings are supposed to be rich and mighty, but not just to sit on it being a rich and powerful good for nothing bastard.

>Big fat nerdy dragoness strikes up an unusual friendship with the knight sent to drive her away, each finding the perfect person and dragon to geek out over the latest medieval fantasy tech with.

Grey morality
P smart
Humanlike minus dragon OCD
Except for eastern dragons, which are from another plane but sometimes bleed into this one. Their morality is way more set in stone and they don't think like humans do.

I said autistic for a reason.

I prefer them extinct.

Sorry, they belong to tumblr now, you have to hate them

Seriously this comic looks cute. One of the best things about /trash/ currently.

>left to right
its trash

Go home /a/, you're suicidally depressed again.

The fuck is this from
I love it

kikurages.tumblr.com/post/107687360749/some-sketches-airborne-commandospecial-forces

Danke

Of course. Damn it furfags, can't you leave anything alone.

Dragons don't have fur.

>this nigga never played Legend of Mana

Inb4 RML implodes in another depressive fit and abandons it like everything else she does.

Is this neutral evil?

more like neurotic evil

my players all have different ideas about dragons

so i decided to place all the dragons
smart smaug-like dragons? check
feral killer lizards? check
friendly dragons? check
scheming dragons? check

the different dragons dont like each other though

touché

Am I sensing Beowulf symbolism?

To some extent. Tolkien also floated similar ideas in Hobbit, undoubtedly inspired by Beowulf ( I recall there is a short passage about the mayor of Lake town stealing a lot of gold the dwarves provided for reconstruction and succumbing to dragon madness).

If anything, wouldn't they have feathers?

People can make whatever threads the like, clearly. But arent these "Whats your favorite version of [thing]" threads kinda pointless?

It's just gonna be whatever version of [thing] best serves the story I want to tell.

name please

I like variety, but for the large and complete Capital-D Dragons? I prefer them to remain individuals of extreme importance to the campaign. Kind of like an Onyxia BBEG. Extremely full of themselves with severe personality flaws but certainly able to plot and make conversation and impact nations when they get motivated to actually make a non-apathetic attempt of something. Having rivalries with each other makes a good balancing factor to push some to subtlety.

The comic is currently being made on /trash/. Thread is here

Gargantuan miles-long napalm-spewing lizard-centipedes that store thousands of basketball sized winged drakes in pockets on their backs. Because if your giant living natural disaster can be killed without using a shitload of heavy artillery, then you're doing it wrong, or your setting is mostly at a lower power level and you don't want civilization to be totally fucked forever, which is reasonable, but I also think my way is pretty cool.

I prefer my dragons to start out as heartless, cannibalistic, reptilian worms that develop into dragons over a century (if they survive) and then develop sapience after another century or two.

Good or evil is up to the individual dragons.

Always thought dragons were over-rated.
Sea-Monsters are where its at.

I've always liked the idea of an evil overlord/dark wizard bad guy with a loyal female or submissive male dragon. Not even from a fetish viewpoint, but from the characterization of someone having to be SO cruel and SO powerful as they can make a dragon their footstool.

>not even from a fetish viewpoint
>that pic
>not even
>that pic
>fetish
>but that pic bro

When in Rome.

Each dragon is a unique, boss-level kaiju, like the tarrasque but (mostly) smaller. Only rumors in a given dragon's desolation will give any hint to its appearance and behavior, and that doesn't give much clue on how to fight it. None of this "black scales -> let's all cast acid resistance" garbage. That takes away the power, mystery, and majesty* of a dragon and reduces it to a statblock. Pic related.

*("Guy wouldn't know majesty if it hit him in the face!" "That happened once!")

>each the personification of the seven sins
Meaning a female dragon in your setting is the crazy bitch you dated in college who will beg for your cock 1 second and flip the fuck out and want to murder you if you don't get it up fast enough.

Source on those dragons user?

Creatures on the level of natural disasters that are only talked about in myth and rumor, the party never meets or fights them, but if they're lucky enough they might spot one flying in the distance, or if they're unlucky enough one might fly directly over them and fuck them over with hurricane-like winds. They can also see evidence of dragons all over in their travels, like craters or claw marks on mountains or unnatural lakes, or bones.

They're sapient and intelligent, but their intelligence is alien to mortal races. They would be capable of speech if they ever bothered learning, but they're solitary creatures so they never had a language or need for one. They can instinctively do the complex math required for powerful magic, in that sense they're like biological computers.

That's how I ran them in the last setting I did that had dragons. Basically background fluff and not something for the party to meet.

>bad guy with a loyal female or submissive male dragon
I prefer full on LOYALTY in such cases, stemming not from pure power but from a long cooperation towards a common goal (which might be already achieved and the dragon just stuck around) or a trade. The dragon will still obey without question, but they still have their pride, more so in public.

WORLD CLASS.

A combination of Metalic/Chromatic morality and personal morality.

Blue might be comfortable with the idea of being a selfish douche, but she can turn around and be ok when it suits her.

Gold might be a good guy but he is capable of being a self-absorbed prick.

>blonde

Dropped

>being so autistic you call rainbow hair blonde

The Elder Dragons are fallen angels who killed their pantheon so they could rule without their interference. As they bred amongst themselves, the dragons grew lesser, with smaller and smaller sparks of divinity within them. They're nigh unto immortal, so breeding became a sort of sin to them; why create lesser copies of our majesty? As such there are only five generations of dragon, with the lastmost being basically human in intelligence, though still incredibly magical

Many subspecies. Most range fall into the 'clever animal' category but some of the rarer types are fully sapient.

Personality wise they're all big largely solitary predators so they tend not to be friendly but also smart enough to try not to piss off other sapients as one of the few things that could pose a real threat to their long lives. However they're also all individuals so exceptions of all types exist.

rodrigo-vega.deviantart.com/

I'd read it and fap throughout. But also do in depth analysis to make sure her personality was fleshed out and her character was properly developed and seemed real and likable

Proper writing is my fetish

My dragons are monks that meditate upon the duality of Fire.

Cool. What is it?

>But then there was Fire and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark.

Not even the same guy, but it was too good a quote to not use.

I have to agree Dark Souls completely understand the duality of fire

You have to agree with the Dragones, Bardiche is a 10/10 weapon.

I don't know, why not just get a proper axe, or go all the way and get a halberd, voulge or fauchard?

Different dragons for different settings.

I prefer them the way they are in Shadowrun.

Not good or evil, just intelligent, scheming, greedy, and powerful as fuck.

It doubles as a gun stand.

Cute and cuddly.

It's got to have a good deal of feel-good goofiness too.

Larger than life practically indestructible demi-gods who have lived so long as to become completely bored and jaded.
They've just taken to loitering and sleeping around settlements all day and just talking or sharing wisdom with whoever comes their way and brings them food. If only because it gives them something to do.

basicly, I prefer the overlap with demons and other spiritual beings, while being quite human in their essence.
They often live solitary since they are literally autistic, and have obsessions with specific things.
I prefer unorthodox arstethics, like covered in feathers and fur or looking like amphibs at time, while having some physiological traits similiar to humans, such as dexterous hands with thumbs and a similiar brain structure.
and they are, due to their magical genetic material, quite the xenophiles. That's were the myth comes from that many strong warriors and wizards are born with dragon blood

Ancient and reclusive creatures, remnants of an age long past that have faded into obscurity and have become so legendary some believe they never existed at all.

Dragons that look like dragons >>>>> """dragons""" that look like weebshit

>Says the furfag
Don't you ever talk to me or my daughter again.

>liking feral dragons = being a furfag
We're reaching advanced levels of shitposting here.
I don't even wanna fuck 'em, they just look cool. Nice projection though, weeb.

Adding incest to your list of degeneracies, I see.

>feral
user please don't make it so obvious you browse e621

I don't. Is it no longer a commonly-used term in place of quadrupedal? How else am I supposed to distinguish actual dragons from bipedal furry "dragons"?

Why does that dragon have dog feet?

Because nobody actually knows what dragons look like IRL, and those that do are sworn to secrecy.
So dragons get all sorts of body types.

Well, wouldn't they have reptilian feet?

No clue. I prefer them with reptilian feet, though. Claws look better on a dragon than mammal paws.
And lizards are cute.

>Liking a cute girl and calling her your daughteru = incest
Let me guess, you also call the police any time you see a grown man with a little girl in the park?

What comic is the from? Who is RML?

I'd like to run into a Wall Street type dragon, one who could easily kill you by virtue of being a fucking dragon, but instead rules through backroom business deals and shit.

The idea of a dragon being a CEO to the largest bank in the land seems funny and interesting.

faggot dragon detected

After thought: how much cocaine would be needed to satisfy a dragon?