Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1498: Nightcore Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dvNzuj79jRM
youtube.com/watch?v=aQQWsihvyzM
pastebin.com/LAZA4s1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=V4nknAzQPHE
youtube.com/watch?v=df9TUIQK_ks
youtube.com/watch?v=F6GMVUrVLNc
youtube.com/watch?v=cyW2ajAVyfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is a Nightcore?

>Last Thread

Okay. Okay. I think we're alright now. The world isn't in any kind of obvious peril, things are bright and sunny, and I think I recognize this. No more hiding in the House of Mystery. I'm gonna get all of my companions together, and we're going to go on a normal, old-fashioned adventure. Everyone is going to be there. Hope, Eyes, Blue, Luke, Bastion, Azuka…

>"Yes, I'm sure they'll be absolutely delighted to see what you have in store."

Pffft, I know they will. It's been forever since I did…something…nice…

That's Zelretch in front of me. And he's holding something in his hand.

Oh no.

OH NO.

Jump 50: Fate-Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Perks:
Magic Circuits
Cute [1300]
Basic Magical Skills
Hypnosis
Mirror World Transfer [1200]
Jewel Magecraft [1000]
Magical Prodigy [700]
Zelretch's Apprentice [300]

Items:
Reagants
Zelretch's Notes [0]

Drawbacks:
Easily Embarrassed [1100]
Prisma Jumper [1400]

"Hello, everyone! It's Magical Jumper Decade here once again, here to save the day and fight for justice!"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
"Don't mind the outfit, it's my justice attire! I'm here to help everyone out and make sure everyone can see me!"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
"All thanks to the power of Great Teacher Zelretch, I'll be here to fight evil and retrieve the Servant Cards, and help out Illya and everyone, and be around them at all times! At. All. Times."
JUST KILL ME ALREADY
"Here we go! Love Kick!"
DON'T TAKE PICTURES YOU ASSHOLES

Would Space/Vacuum/Void be a valid Alternate Element for the Technology Domain in Captain Planet?

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

reposting:

Need a name for my secret conspiracy I picked up in the Infinite Stratos jump with Jumper Task perk. Currently have a few ideas based on conspiracies real and fictional but more are better.
>MJ13
>Propaganda Tre
>Gladio

It's basically taking a normal song and changing the pitch, usually raising it.

What kind of conspiracy is it? What are its' goals, is it primarily good, evil, somewhere in-between? Details like that are useful for coming up with names.

Jumpers! Post a pic of your wedding day

Okay…I've spent like…ten years. Being your patsy and apprentice. I have humiliated myself in such a grandiose fashion while being around very creepy and uncomfortable events, and I'm pretty sure my brain is about to break from sanity loss. I'm just going to take the power of the Kaleidoscope and go, now. At least I'll have the ability to use things related to the Second Magic, now. That's a huge gain for me.

"Oh, it would be, if you didn't have to start over again."

…what.

"You see, Jumper, I have purposely trained you wrong. As a joke. These notes include the actual instructions on how to use my magic. After you finish deciphering all of it, of course."

I…what…abuh…but…

"Yes, that's what you've been showing others for the past few years. You should wear less provocative outfits. Anyways, the cipher should take you about…oh, I'd say about fifty years to actually figure out. Take care on your next jump, Decade."

>If taken with Strategic-Class Magician, this perk can be taken again for free to receive another Superpower, and you will gain some very effective training in both.
>This perk can be taken multiple times for different powers.

So you can take this up to three times? One initial, another from Strategic-Class Magician, and the last on its own? Are multiple purchases discounted?

>re-activating a Activation Sequence after having cast it previously is around 20% faster than before, allowing for rapid-fire casting of a single spell.
So does this stack, or does it only shave 20% off the base?

youtube.com/watch?v=dvNzuj79jRM

More Magical Girl Decade, please.

When in doubt, just name it The Conspiracy. They'll never figure that one out!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This Was taken during the reception dinner

Classic Zelretch! [laugh track]

Goddammit Japan, you're crazier than my Great-Uncle who kept white Arabian horses only because "They look majestic in the morning light".

How do I turn 14 year olds into heroes?

are they normal 14 year olds or do they have powers?

Apparently if you kill their parents, that helps.
t. popular forms of media.

Why?

pictured: the last bandit getting his ass kicked. A bandit hoard thought it could show up and raid our royal wedding. They thought WRONG.

Psst! Someone call Chris Hansen!

1. Go full Gimmick creation In all the kamen rider jumps
2. Create a set of five color-coded gimmicks of equal power that are not too different from each other
3.give the gimmicks to the teenagers
4.find an evil worthy of their power
5. Power Rangers ensues

Curse them into becoming negative karma sponges, so the rest of the world becomes happier as their suffering continues. It's just a more efficient version of what normal heroes do.

There's a jump called something something Quizard or Puzzle Castle or something. There's a perk in it that lets you train someone to be a hero.

Do you have no other option than child soldiers?

>What kind of conspiracy is it?
Secretive terrorist paramilitary. Agents are just humans (until I start awakening their Essence and teaching them Terrestrial Martial Arts, most likely White Veil Style (a martial art that does not exist that is not taught to members of a nonexistent secret society in the Realm). Also maybe have a companion teach them Sorcery.)
>What are its' goals
Right now murdering Phantom Task in the face (I have the Phantom Task wants to kill you drawback), in the future supporting the activities of the Jumper and her associates by any means necessary.
>is it primarily good, evil, somewhere in-between?
Full on ends-justify-the-means territory, with a bit of excess in the means department (part of the perk is your conspiracy is a bit overzealous).

So how does a Wild Card gain Personas? It says that "through fusion" you may unlock more... but doesn't Fusion need more than one? Or is the name just misleading?

They're normal 14 year olds. I'm bored and decided to unleash some world ending threats on to a relatively mundane earth, and I want 14 year old kids to be the ones to fix them.

Highschool of the Dead has a perk that lets you teach decades of experience in five weeks. Then just use social perks to keep morale high as you lead your child soldiers to victory.

In the games, it varies. In P5 you coerce defeated enemies into joining you, for example.

>What is a Nightcore?
youtube.com/watch?v=aQQWsihvyzM

Well, mine involved Death too.

It's disturbing enough when you have a big skeleton making loud weepy sounds behind you as you're trying to say your vows, but I think seeing him drunk at the party was even worse.

I ended up spending most of the night reassuring him that his granddaughter would be alright. Even after she'd been busy fighting off a couple of hooded guys who crashed the wedding and got really worked up about how our marriage would be the end of the cosmic order or something like that. Bunch of douches.

In the original Persona, you negotiated with demons to get their cards, which were used as fodder in the velvet room.

In Persona 3 and 4, you accumulated Persona as you went through the dungeon, which could be fused into stronger ones. P1 is the method closest to the SMT series.

I have made a thing!

It doesn't feel quite finished and I don't expect many people to be familiar with it, so tell me what needs to be expanded on.

pastebin.com/LAZA4s1Q

It depends. Usually you acquire them from enemies. In the first game you kill them. In the second you have the option to kill them or negotiate with them for chances of better drops. In the third and fourth it's back to killing them. And in the fifth you only get them from negotiating with enemies. In general, the ones you get in the wild (so to speak) are weaker than the ones you can get from fusing.

You married Susan? Oh my.

Aren't we kind of the enemy, in this setting?

I wish to make spiders each with a different power and unleash them upon the world so when they bite someone the person gains the power while the spider dies, how do I do this?

Here's a few ways, results may vary.
>Magical/technological/biological armor
>Cybernetic/biological/magical enhancements
>Magic items
>NANOMACHINES
>Make them an orphan

I kinda like this and I don't know how to feel about that...

So, jumpers, how do you come up with interesting uses of your powers? Thanks to magic and technology perks, a jumper is really only limited by their imagination, at least in so far as they have the possibility to do anything even if they can't necessarily muster enough power or control to accomplish it. So where do you go to for inspiration on what spells or gadgets to invent and add to your repertoire?

Option to wreck the PPC from the inside and sew chaos? Besides, why do you even like the PPC if you're in Jumpchain of all things? the PPC would be losing their shit over the concept. They wouldn't allow any jumpers to join them.

...That introduction makes this IP sound... incredibly Sue-ish and cringe-worthy, tbqh famalamasenpai.

>Post a pic of your wedding day

youtube.com/watch?v=V4nknAzQPHE

>"Gee, I'd sure like to set those people on fire over there, but I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them..."

Where do you get ability of Wild Card? Do we have another persona jump?

Speaking as someone who used to be a fan, they are cringe-worthy, actually. Anyone who complains about mary sues in the context of jumpchain is a hypocrite.

The new Persona 5 jump, yes.

Closest thing I could find.

Looking good Jumper

>You cannot take anything to prevent abuse

Why, though? Aren't most things tied to their local metaphysics? What's the harm then?

Anyway, we already had a meta-fanfic jump with Undocumented Features.

So... self-righteous Mary Sue edgelords who kill other Mary Sues? Fitting, I suppose.

There will never be a wedding.

Even more examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=df9TUIQK_ks
youtube.com/watch?v=cyW2ajAVyfA

It's its own thing to be sure. I usually use it when I'm building for magical girl jumps or writing about magical girl jumps.

In P5 you literally hold them at gunpoint. You demand money, items, or them to join you.

I'm having trouble imagining my jumper being in a relationship satisfying enough to evolve to the marriage stage.
Or even the "relationship" stage, to be honest.

Thanks user.

>all jumpers are knock off shonen jumpers
no

Christ, the PPC would hate Jumpers.

More seriously, I like the presentation and how perks are written. The bits directly saying "this perk..." are a bit jarring, but that's just personal opinion- although I feel people with less tolerance or patience than me are not gonna like the setting itself on principle.

Mini and Sprout options are adorable though.

You mean that's not how you're supposed to make friends?

Unless you are on a perpetual hands-off police, chances are you are.

It kinda comes with the whole SI.

Fuck, brings me back. In retrospect, quite a lot of their characters were kinda Sues themselves, but it was fun while I was there.

Coup when?

Serious time: the Words perk needs to mention why it's split between Free and 300. Items seem a bit powerful for their cost (SEP is useful as hell, arguably more useful than the CAD depending on the setting you're in).

Uh, no? Of course not. You make friends by shooting them with giant laser beams, everyone knows that.

Oh fuck. It's here? And you can get ability of wildcard without out of jump shenanigans? Bitchin.

Be careful tho. If you take it then you can't post writefagging of jumps past 77th jump and you can't post writefaggotry about you beating bosses

I'm married to my duty.

>all people who enjoy SI want to replace the protag and be a shonen shitter
no

>PPC see Jumpchain (non-potatoes edition)
>Eldritch abominations jumping from multiverse to multiverse fucking up the local cosmology
>Deranged gods fucking everything they come across, even rocks in some cases, just because they can.
>Walking forces of 'good' killing everything that they deem not correct to their moral, even before said people had a chance to do anything bad
>Even the friendly jumper who just wants to have an interdimensional bar is a threat big enough to endanger most settings
>And then there is Tera

How bad would they want to purge us?

>Is a literal self insert who goes around getting out of context powers and items and using them to solve problems
>Somehow thinks they're not a mary sue

They'd make the Imperium at its' worst look overly tolerant.

>You need to replace the protag and be a shonen shitter to be a mary sue
no

Are you the guy on the left making his dolls kiss?

>That second paragraph
Huh?

>>Is a literal self insert who goes around getting out of context powers and items and using them to solve problems
>mfw that was like half the PPC
>no agent you are the sues

>b-but it's ok when we do it! we are saving the multi-verse!

I actually want this jump now simply so I can go tell the PPC that and watch them do mental gymnastics trying to tell me how they're different as I munch popcorn

No, that's my faithful quartermaster Homunculus Bob. I gave my crew gifts for the ceremony and Bob got the shiny. Bob loves shiny shit.

What is ppc?

Where can I go to get a shit-ton of ammunition or some item that can manufacture ammo for me.

I'm going to the Metro jump and I want to be prepared.

I find weddings over romanticized, why can't we stay with "I like you, you're fun and I like spending time with you, why don't we hang out and sometimes have sex until it's no longer fun?"

To defeat a Sue one must become a Sue.

A good number of jumps have arsenal options.

Alternately, just raid military bases.

The restriction on companions and items also needs to be expanded to include powers you might learn, improvements that might be made to you, etc. Really, just give a blanket ruling that nothing in the word worlds works at all outside them.

>OCs have the same age and gender as their last jump, and cannot pay to change it.
This could theoretically be an instant death condition if your last jump was, say, Eldar and you don't have immortality.

>I exist
>or the direct manipulation of fate/probability to ensure a fatal attack
How is that a "fiat cease-to-exist effect"?

>Part of the Story
Seems much weaker than the 400CP I Exist. Should probably switch them.

>Setting Things Right
So you can undo what someone has done by killing them, but only if the effect needed their continued effort to sustain it? How is that any different from normal?

>World limited
Slightly less punishing than the average no power drawback, so should be reduced to the standard +300.

Supreme commander, make a literal mountain of ammo in like, 10 minutes. 15 tops.

The Starcraft Terran jump has exactly what you're looking for

Go to DMC and grab the crafting capstone for infinite ammo.

Unless sasuke can do more damage than a nuke I do not understand how he can hurt supes.

>mfw Resplendent Destiny-ing "PPC Agent" and walking around mentioning how sue-like some agents are
>PPC devolves into an Urple Terror
Sids are too stronk.

>the arrival of a Jumper is heralded by every arsenal and "secret weapon" cache on the planet being raided all in a row

Protectors Of The Plot Continuum is this thing where they have agents go around killing mary sues because apparantly they don't understand what fun is. They used to summon Cthulhu to eat the mary sues a long time ago but they stopped doing that. Yes, that was as cringey as it sounds.

It's in my profound opinion that a PPC jump is not IMPOSSIBLE in the context of jumpchain, but you'd have to have some sort of justification for them NOT to purge jumpers immediately, as the PPC would just think jumpers were a weird class of Sue and try to destroy them.

Doesn't Naruto ninja-magic become pretty conceptual at the end of the series?

Putting aside him being killed from space in an instant, if the speed was equal (or this was the nerfed DCAU superman), I think he could do something.

Don't do marriage, kids.

...Okay so I have a /theoretical/ conundrum here.

Let's say for a second that in Percy Jackson you became a child of the Emperor.

Then you bought Blood of Kings twice... to become a descend of a demigod of Isha and Tzeencht.

Then you bought minor blessing six times. For Gork, Mork, The Void Dragon, Nurgle and Slaanesh.

And it was actually the TTSD pantheon.

W-what would happen. Asking for a friend.

>Sir, someone's stolen Groom Lake.

I mean, yeah from a meta perspective, removing spoilers is bad... But are you sure that "Remove Spoilers" should give you CP instead of costing it? Seems like a no-brainer otherwise.

Don't underestimate the power of plot armor

Eh, endgame chakra can do some weird shit. But yeah, if you fanwank supes as hard as they fanwank sasuke, supes wins.

> ' O W D O I U S E D I S Z O G G I N ' I N T E R W A R P ?