Don't need to get the consent of all the other chapters if you fill them with your marines first

>Don't need to get the consent of all the other chapters if you fill them with your marines first

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHy_2vZ_4Nw
youtube.com/watch?v=me94UXN-MLM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Every Chapter Master and notable Brother-Captain ever:
So these guys are replacing us?

No, no! They're just auxiliaries to help you in the coming crusade! They're extremely powerful!

Well... are they sapped of free will or something? Are there any defects? Or will Guilliman's new warriors just be taking over from us in a few centuries?

>The answer will soon be seen

This is the fault of everyone complaining about 'truescale marines'. You got your wish.

Best legion.
Best Chapter.

Get with the times.

Daily reminder that Guilliman deadass said he's using these things to replace dead chapters and to pad out decimated ones

There aren't any Blood Angels in this thread yet

Not really, Primaris Marines are going to be featured in all chapters afaik. Plus what's the point in making spacemarines space marines if you're not gonna make them available to everyone equally? Also it's pretty ironic that the guy who wrote the Codex Astartes so no Primarch would have the same power that Horus had is at the head of the Imperium to begin with, getting new tech out of his ass as if it were candies.

We're not talking about best primarch, we're talking about marines themselves

Please. I'm will to bet even the Space Wolves of current Imperium would bend over backwards to suck Guilliman's dick.

It doesn't even matter which Primarch returned, I bet the number of chapters in all the Imperium who wouldn't line up to blow him could be counted on one hand.

Gullimans a okay primarch but his legion and chapter are mot the best
First of all they shouldn't be the standard marines their job is building the empire
Second off the amount of wanking and plit armor they got was outrageous(not as much as armless or space wolves tho)
Other than that they're a fine chapter and legion

All I care is if I'm adding them to my red scorpions.

If any of you actually read that FAQ it said that some chapters are greeting the new dummies with outright hostility.

Chaos marines are gonna laugh their asses off with history inevitably repeats itself. Pic very related.

As the politician/Empire Builder Primarch, he's the one the Imperium needed the most. Memes and Veeky Forums hate aside he was the most logical choice even disregarding the Ultramarine's poster boy symbol.

A primarch like Leman Russ returning would probably just result in him blowing a fuse and fucking things up even worse.

>new tech out of his ass as if it were candies.
>Tech that's been in development for years but no one authorized it's release till now

Vulkan would have been fine. Maybe the lion. Even Dorn or the Khan.

Perhaps Khan, he was also an empire builder, but just like his historical source material, perhaps not a great empire maintainer.

>GW
A PRIMARCH WILL RETURN

>Fanbase
OMG WHO??

>GW
FUCKIN' JAGHATAI KHAN

>Fanbase
Um... alright?

I'm a fan of the Scars and even I admit Khan would not have much to contribute by himself, or would even be considered for resurrection on the same level as Dorn, Gill, or Lionel.

>OMG WHO??
But honestly, who didn't see Guilliman coming?

Implying space wolves would trust this bullshit

Just going over some hypotheticals, Gilly is the only real choice, followed by Dorn and the Lion, the Vulkan (cause he is bro) and the the Khan. He was the the last to show on Terra, he should be the last one back.

i want the angel one to come back

I have a feeling that the Khan might return, see the state of everything and just leave.

>Fabricator-general, what is your report
>Ah yes, fellow Lords of Terra. As it is we are currently stockpiled over 8 million next-generation space marines in stasis, ready to fight, ordered by primarch Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines almost 10k years ago. Our newest power armor model has been perfected and is ready to enter mass production as is our new bolter model. Both have given perfect scores in all test. Shall we issue them to the chapters of Adeptus astartes?
>No, halt that. On to the next issue, Ecchlessarch, your reports tell us that the rate we are losing loyal worlds is far outpacing our efforts to gain them...
Lords of Terra, not even once.

The Khan isn't an empire builder, but he is more of a symbol of Manifest Destiny than any of the others.

He was the far-ranger, the man that couldn't be contained by fuckin' anyone. He'd be a good symbol to get behind for an Imperium Resurgent.

>He was the the last to show on Terra, he should be the last one back.
That was Sanguinius. The Khan showed up with time to spare. The Blood Angels still aren't to Terra yet in the current fluff.

> Giant loyal any that nobody has ever heard about, or even hinted at.

This is lucas-tier writing. How lower can GW fall?

Guiliman and Cawl did this in secret though. But there's no way GW can asspull something that makes Mars not involved into this. They must have known.

>The Khan isn't an empire builder, but he is more of a symbol of Manifest Destiny than any of the others
The greater good is the manifest destiny of T'au
>He was the far-ranger, the man that couldn't be contained by fuckin' anyone
Nothing has stopped T'au
>Khans dream was to unite the galaxy into a single empire.
This is also the goal of the T'au
>White scars are white
Shadowsuns army is white
>Both are fast and decisive
>Khan vanished suddenly to the warp, never to be heard.
Ethereal just appeared nowhere.

Wait..could this mean...

me too :(

Is going to be worse than the heresy. Girlyman is no Emperor. There is going to be a 3 way split between emperor loyalist, Girlyman traitors, primaris chaos. On top of every chapter fighting itself instead of groups joining a side.

As a chaos player it gives me so much joy to see an loyalist primarch bring the source of the imperium ending. Make no mistake, that's where this is heading.

>This is lucas-tier writing. How lower can GW fall?
Could go to Dîsney-tier. That's a long ways lower.

The tau don't even go fast!

>I'm thinking we make giant space marines
>But we already have terminators, sir
>Nono, I mean literally. Just a regular marine. But we make him big

Yet everyone and their mothers are crying how they can't catch a riptide.

>Implying Space Wolves get any
Implying Space Wolves are loyal

You can take them and flavour them as wolfs that have been empowered by Khorne even further.

Nothing is impossible for Matthew!!!

>loyalist primarch bring the source of the imperium ending. Make no mistake, that's where this is heading.

>Says Increasingly Nervous Tzeentchian Daemon for the 245,285,295th time.

Thirteenth founding 2.0?

Which chapter do you think would have told Guiliman to fuck off the hardest with his Primarines?

I feel like the Iron Hands would rage at these young primarines who know nothing of their traditions, culture, and sheer lack of cybernetics.

All the heretical ones.

I would jizz for a Lion model. We don't even have a 30k model yet.

>primaris cybermarines
why not just tell those primaris marines that cybewrnetics are awesome?

I think most wont accept them. Space Wolves would outright reject them since they haven't been initiated by the trials on Fenris and shit. The Lion is probably active and awake by now and his untrusting nation would reject them outright - he even didnt trust Dark Angels that come from Terra rather than Calliban. Iron Hands would hate them.

I can see Imperial Fist accepting them, Blood Angels at a push and Salamanders to a degree.

>Space Wolves would outright reject them since they haven't been initiated by the trials on Fenris and shit.
>The Lion is probably active and awake by now and his untrusting nation would reject them outright - he even didnt trust Dark Angels that come from Terra rather than Calliban
Geedubs said all the "unique" chapters have them, naming dropping the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and the Space Wolves.

That's the wrong kind of fast

Yeah I read that this morning, but I think fluff wise it will be hard for them to accept them. They aren't just going to turn up to the Space Woves/Dark Angels chapters and just fit right in.

Nah, Khan founded the tau. You'll see.

>implying that the primaris space marines wont just accept whatever trial the space wolves throw at them, even stupid joke initiations
Logan G:to become a space wolf, you must first catch a wolf
i mean 2 wolves, i mean 20 wolves

this

"some chapters, however, did not accept the primarines'

"hey guys, let us in, we're your reinforcements"
"you guys dont.. hmm.. which chaos god did you say you worship again?"
"haha all of them bro let us in we brought some melta charges and everything"

Could someone please explain the Dark Angels to me? Meme-free?

>MOST LOYAL

I don't really get their angle? Is the idea that the Lion was actually a heretic and Luther was the loyalist and now modern DAngels are trying to cover that up?

They always seem to make a big deal about the Fallen, which seems stupid since very legion had some sect of traitors, and vice versa with traitor-legion loyalists. Also the Fallen make no sense to me because they seem to act in unison like the Alpha Legion even though some are actually loyal and some are unabashed Chaos worshippers.

I want to get more interested in the DAngels, since I like their secretive angle, their unique gear, and etc. but I really have no fucking clue what they're supposed to be about.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHy_2vZ_4Nw
youtube.com/watch?v=me94UXN-MLM

no one does
it is a mysteryyy

:3

Would the Black Templars not rage over the creation of primarines that were not designed by the Emperor, himself?

user you're asking the Iron Hands to be reasonable.

The galaxy is at greatest war it ever had, if templars have enough time to complain they aren't crusading enough.

Nah, it's a bit of a meme. Theres a book where a fallen is being questioned and he basically says he is loyal whereas the new Dark Angels weren't anymore. Yet in a horus heresy book that came out a year or so later, that same fallen teamed up traitor space marines and caused a lot of shit. He was obviously lying about a lot and the book is suppose to make you question a lot.

The Fallen seem to be a mix of people completly loyal to the Lion and some that have completly fallen to Chaos. I have no idea how an organisation like this can function. All Dark Angels are obviously loyal to the Lion and the Emperor but they might not be completly loyal to the current modern Imperium, but the same can be said for half the chapters - including Space Wolves.

Jaghatai has always been boring.

ALWAYS.

Have fun with your crap opinion. I'm gonna enjoy my space Mongols.

Like the other user said, it's a big mystery but one of the theories is that the Dark Angels of the present are descended from the marines 'exiled' to Caliban during the Great Crusade. (The Lion would basically send back people who gainsaid him ostensibly to be garrison and train new marines for the Legion.) The marines who joined Luther's rebellion changed their black armour to green, while the Lion's marines kept wearing black.

There's a chance that the Calabanite Dark Angels had a change of heart or realized they were on the losing side of history and turned their cloaks again. Now they're hunting the Fallen who were scattered through time by the Ouroboros, Tuchulcha, and the unnamed third Warp engine out of shame, guilt, and a desire to hide their past treachery from the greater Imperium. At the same time the Fallen are not a monolithic group with aligned goals, some were always loyalist, some are Chaos-tainted, some are just renegade, some have changed their minds in the intervening years, etc.

Fuck, I can add the far eastern thematics to the similarities of Khan&tau list too. It's pretty obvious at this point.

last night people talked about the new marines relegating the standard marine to a more guardsman position, with them being looked down upon by the guard for lack of basic skills like filling sandbags, and i quickly wrote this for my mate

The groundskeeper of the imperial barracks had always been big. most tought him a sanctioned mutant, like the ogryn, but less enthusiastic. he never talked, when he was alive. when they found him, wrinkled, old and small in the bed of his hut on the edge of the grounds, they found another thing. only one other thing in the hut. a set of Mark IV 'Heresy' space marine armour, in bright blue heraldry, and pristinely clean. no one could fathom how the groundskeeper had come across such a treasure, but most assumed his simple mind filled it's nights imagining an exciting life as one of the 'space marines' of mankind'

You are also forgetting in Prince of Crows, it shows Lion eager to get to Earth before Horus which proves Astelan was lying all along.

The chapters theme is not boring, it's just that nothing interesting is ever done with them.

So are they shipping primaris gene-seed out to chapters or are they sending dudes with the gene-seed already implanted to the chapters and indoctrinating them into their chapter culture?

the latter

Not completely out of keeping I suppose. When they turn over the zygotes of their gene-seed it'll be cycled into the chapters so new generations will be made with them as part of their regular recruiting process. Then again they don't go into detail about the time scale of all of this happening.

I can only begin to imagine the sexual tension between the Primaris marines and the 1st Company/Termies

>"You may have the fancy new gene-seed but you still have to do the right of passage for our chapter"
>Various lockers close and the 1st company veterans close in around the Primaris Marine towels held in adamantine grips...

That depends. We don't know anything yet on the creation process of these new marines.

They are fermenting inside of tube things, so I wonder if they've adopted some of the Blood Angels sarcophagus/coffin thing where they stick a neophyte in it with the genseed and let it just grow. No word yet on messy surgeries and whatnot.

Also, all of the Apothecaries would have to be re-trained from the ground up on the new Primaris marines.

So Space Marines got cucked out of a job?

Will there be Primaris super terminators?

Well this also comes with chapter re-organization right? Wasn't the idea to rebuild the chapters to legion strength? So on top of sending out dudes with the new gene-seed would also facilitate re-training and updating of the codex as well. Some chapters will be made of entirely of Primaris so they are ready to go off the bat so maybe these guys will come in and assist the partial and non-codex compliant marines as well.

Primaris apothecaries will sort that out, you old apothecaries just sit back and relax.

And Super dreadnaughts too somehow

I think the primaris are created in a similar way to the primarchs. they are probably grown in a lab from day one and were never a normal human.

Bet that won't have any nasty psychological side effects or anything.

>Not Alpha Legion
>But also possibly Alpha Legion

Blackies would probably accept them as long as they super duper love the Emperor like they do, don't have any psychic shit and probably if they go through whatever bullshit initiation they have.

>they haven't been initiated by the trials on Fenris and shit
that... cant be done anyway because Fenris is basically dead now, they are turning their nose at a chance at not going extinct over tradition

I'd assumed they were similar to the Raven Guard Talons before the taint, is this the case?

To be fair, I really don't think he wrote the Codex expecting to be the only Primarch left standing.

>No, we refuse to accept these abominations. Why did you think they would be improved by the addition of MORE flesh?
>These ones come with pre-installed toasters
>We will take 1000

The models are A+ and I want them but did they really have to make them super super marines? It's really dumb. They could have just had the plot development that they could make marines much faster and arm them with better tech.

The only way this works out in a way that doesn't impact the setting for the worse is it this because the thirteenth founding 2: electric boogaloo.

Someone once said when they saw the map they were picturing a Roman Empire split situation and I'm starting to believe it. Empire A being Gullyman's on the south side of the rift, Empire B being on the opposite side without Primaris. Probably not a literal civil war horus heresy style rebellion but more recalitrants refusing Gullyman's reign and him choosing to let such fairweathered friends fall off the vine rather than focus on them when there is chaos to fight. Given that's within Roboat's tradition of when the going gets tough the robot runs away.

Besides aforementioned mystery I figure Lion and his Dark Angel's sin being they were willing to wait and decide who would win. I don't think there's really any other chapter that pulls that team-stacking angle and it is a pretty major concept to leave blank. You've got a faction that entertained separatism rather than getting involved (ultramarines), hardcore loyalists, hardcore traitors, traitors forced by circumstance (Thousand Sons), so loyalists forced by circumstance or half-hearted loyalists is the missing theme.

Blood Angels for sure.

I think not. They welcome any geneson of the Angel, especially at a time when they're being overrun in several corners of the galaxy.

I keked

Sanguinius

He understood how to maintain control of a world, but he was ultimately disinterested in the concept of enlightenment. People need to distinguish empire from civilization. Empire is territory and government structure. Civilization is collective knowledge, culture, and institutions which form the pillars of a given people.

>One of the returning primarchs is Sanguinius (through warpfuckery/science bullshit)
>Sanguinius comes back with the Black Rage permanently affecting him
>Falls to Khorne and becomes a Daemon Primarch endlessly believing he's facing Horus

They're not Genesons of the Angel, though. They're Guilliman stock, through and through.

Read the Primaris pages again. These marines can be installed with genestock other than Guilliman's.

They were made from various Primarchs.

>SM community wants tru scale marines for years now
>GW delivers
>SM community is not happy somehow

>"EVEN IN DEATH I'M STILL YUGE."

Primaris models look fucking gorgeous

>The SM community is one person

I never wanted truscale, it's a shitty meme. Everything in the game is the wrong scale anyway. Vehicles are too small, guard are too big.

The models are ace, it's just you can't field them as true scale marines without explaining "No, these aren't primarines, my regular marines are just really tall!"

And god help you if you want to run both at once, do you need to make GiantMarines to differentiate, because you're using primarines for your regular marines?

TWO WORDS:

BLACK TEMPLARS.

Primaris Marines are agents sent by Guilliman to keep tabs on other chapters and spread ultramarine influence.
Guilliman desires his own empire and his father is in no state to oppose him.
Why is Cawl 10000 years old as a human, has unique regeneration abilities and could create new and better marines with primarch's gene seed in secret? Because he's using necron living metal parts in himself, after all tech priests always had affinity for a certain necron god.
That's the only explanation for his abilities, longevity and even ingame stats.
How can the primaris be created with the right gene seed for every chapter when many chapters have unknown origins or were possible loyalist groups of traitor legions? They simply can't be the right marines. They're all build up from only one gene seed, all Primaris are built in Guilliman's likehood.

Guilliman is a new villain and Cawl is his xenosloving accomplice, calling it now.