Power Armor Thread

Post power armor, mech suits, etc. I'm not going to be a stickler on "mechs v power armor". Just bring those glorious, snug, powerful suits.

Talk about your favorite power armors, power armor tropes you like, etc. Always in favor of some good, quality discourse to go along with all the art.

For keeping things even more Veeky Forums, what are some of your favorite settings and systems for power armor/mech simulation and representation?

>Power Armor CYOA (for those wanting a jump-off point for designing suits, as well as just being interesting)
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/the-power-armor-cyoa/images/a/a9/Power_Armour_page_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140629063004
vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/the-power-armor-cyoa/images/f/f6/Mechanon-pacyoa-2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140331093201

Other urls found in this thread:

keiththompsonart.com/pages/sequester.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll drop some quick images to get things rolling.

>Classic egg-suit

>Dick camera power

Bump before bed

I've always preferred big bulky Starship Trooper-esque almost-mech suits to sleek and slim Halo-type suits.

Teetering dangerously close to mechsuit, technically
w/e it's damn cool

What the fuck are you on about? That there's a mech.

I love this thing, from here keiththompsonart.com/pages/sequester.html

SEQUESTER

A group of desperate bandits wring what little worth they can from the surivivors that spot the dust-blasted wastes along the Urals. They descend from higher ground, beating scavenged drums and taking cover in the shadow of their bullet-spewing saintly idol: the Sequester.

Completely silent but cooperative in the raids, the Sequester only takes regular infusions of water and canned food in exchange for its presence; something that has effectively turned the bandit group into a incontrovertable force of nature that strips everything to the bone and leaves only human misery in its path.

It is devoutly worshipped by most of the bandits as some sort of nomadic holy site; a walking bulletproof Tabernacle. Some, under the influence of drink have discussed amongst themselves their theories on its nature as a military robot in service before the missiles fell, now aimlessly fighting according to some gameplan devised by its long gone original directors.

Recently there had been a man who had joined the bandits briefly and was struck aghast when he first witnessed the Sequester. He spouted long and detailed stories about what the robot actually was, that the Sequester was a NATO QAPS unit, or Quadruple Amputee Power Suit, not a robot, and he desperately ran his hands over it looking for some access panel. He stammered that it appeared to be running autonomously, keeping its pilot cut off from the outside world, but still taking in food and water to keep him alive. His heretical calls for help in "cracking open the damned thing to save the poor bastard inside" were completely rejected, and the more pious bandits hastily had him broken on a wheel and left for dead.

Half of the things posted so far are more mechs than power armour.

Obligatory.

i mean it says "Post power armor, mech suits, etc." meaning post either

>Tit-lifters
>Clit-squisher

Upteched gimp suit

Is that jesus on its dick?

Yeah, but the guy was saying "tetering dangerously close to being a mech suit" like it's something special.

They taped a picture of Jesus to it, yeah.

i hate this design for arm controls.
Look at the articulation in the arms.
Look at uncomfortable position.
So the movements and actions they will use to control it will entirely rely on them rotating their wrists and pressing buttons?
It's possible, but the learning curve for such a control method would be fucking horrible.

Yeah it's bad. Would be better if there was more room in the torso to manipulate the arms regulary.

MUHREENS

Mk.X is fucking awsome

The Power Armor from Fallout 4 is pretty cool imho.

>cyoa for ants