/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

How Do I Run Open Playtests edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

>>Second Edition Playtest rules (such as they are)
drivethrurpg.com/product/211293?

Making Characters chapter just dropped. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/507486226/eclipse-phase-second-edition/posts/1884590
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Your career choice will also determine your starting gear package
Oh neat, that helps people pick gear appropriate to their skillset and circumvents the problem of being a broke infomorph with godlike skills and stealing everything. Finally, a change I like. Of course, it's counterbalanced by Exotic Skill being "all the things we cut, plus a few niche things that would just be a specialty in another skill," but at least it's something.

Also, rest in peace INT + SAV + WIL checks.

They also updated the game mechanics in response to feedback - notable "rest" is now "recharge" so you can be less butthurt and it explicitly says per 24-hour period, so nobody can be an asshole about how long a venusian day is.

>it took them a week to find Rest and replace with Recharge

Editing pass was on the CC section, pretty sure.

>Exotic Skill (Field)

Well, this is either the best thing or the worst thing - it probably depends on how big an assholes your players or GM are.

Also, you can clearly see the FATE version really rubbed off on them with the skill terminology.

And yet we still have three seperate skills for social interaction, and four for using the mesh.

At least weapons got condensed from eight skills down to two.

>you can spend 2 CP to raise SAV by 1 point
>or you can spend 1 CP to get +5 on SAV tests

That might only increase the base aptitude tests, not related skills.

Yeah, it's kind of unclear - I hope that gets a bit more clarified in future revisions.

kickstarter.com/projects/507486226/eclipse-phase-second-edition/posts/1884590

So, sample of the music, a new stretch goal (which totally isn't a goal ) and talk of their plans for release over the next couple years.

Notable is the "Solar Gazetteer" release, possible "reprint" of Sunward and Rimward or just a locational focused release without maybe the tighter factional discussion? Crime & Coercion still on the block, and Space Combat also planned for 2018.

What does this one entail?

It's a module written by the guy who made the Lamia morph.

It's a gatecrashing adventure.

Solid meme

>3 skills is too many for social interaction

Are you serious?

Are you?

I mean, if you want to get minimalist, why need skills at all? Don't all 6 aptitudes cover everything?

How do you feel about weapons skills being condensed from seven down to two?

Me personally? I mean, I've stood on the side of the very fiddly and technical definition of keeping ranged weapon skills seperate, but if we're streamlining we're streamlining. I'll only be bothered if those fine technical differences don't carry over well into the classes of weapons themselves though it does seem like they still might. Weapon diversity is good for the game, it can keep the combat from becoming even more generic and repetitive.

Also it's still like three skills, Exotic Skill can cover really exotic/archaic weapons still.

What we should be concerned about with the combat system is what "armor piercing" means, as that seems to just be a quality of some weapons now. Because if it means "fuck you no matter how much AV you have" then that's probably gonna cause some issues. Like "why the fuck do I invest in armor if any srcub can just pick up a 2d10 Microwave gun?".

But that's yet another discussion we'll have to delay until the combat section appears.

And while we're on the subject, let's talk about E and K armor...

Well, it still exists, probably, as AV for various armors is listed with the /.

This is /probably/ good since guns are rolled into one skill - if you encounter an enemy with higher kinetic than energy you might use a weaker weapon which is resisted less and can do so without a skill switch. Again, unless AP is just really fucking good.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how E and K armor is distributed. In 1E, if something didn't have equal E and K armor, it almost always had more K.

Looking through the listed starting gear and implants it looks like this is still true.
My guess is that it ignores half, but that's a pretty naive guess.

I think it's going to be like the new Delta Green. "Armor Piercing" will mean the weapon ignores flat value from the target's armor, probably 5 or 10

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I shouldn't sleepypost.

You can be forgiven for assuming Eclipse Phase wouldn't make sense.