Rolled 6, 1, 1, 1 = 9 (4d6)

Rolled 6, 1, 1, 1 = 9 (4d6)

You don't have to REALLY do it, but, you know, is fun to roll and think about what would you do

>bloodvampirehunter.jpg

I guess i could rewatch that anime and make a Pbta out of it

Man Vs Man
Featuring Knights
and Vampires
Resolution Mechanics d6's dice pool.

Rolled 6, 3, 1, 2 = 12 (4d6)

Rollerino

raoul

Rolled 6, 1, 3, 2 = 12 (4d6)

I fugged it up

All right, man v. monsters is easy enough, we'll say the world is being invaded by demons as part of some foretold endtime.

We can mix it up a bit and combine columns two and three and make them the PCs. The end of the world comes in the year 21xx, when humanity has long since abandoned the pathetic constraints of biology; if we aren't more machine than man, we're damn close. But we aren't the standard shiny gold cyborgs; we've augmented ourselves with neomuscles that let us cross a room in the blink of an eye, as well as unobtanium claws and fangs. But since fuel is expensive, the more criminal elements if society choose to obtain it the old-fashioned way: by siphoning it out of unwilling victims.

1d12 sounds dumb but whatever.

Rolled 4, 1, 1, 2 = 8 (4d6)

>1d12 sounds dumb
Do the Lego Quest thing

Ronin fighting against the decadent kyonshi court and the country ruled by them with a d12 system?
I guess.

Rolled 1, 2, 3, 2 = 8 (4d6)

i just like rolling dice

Rolled 1, 6, 6, 1 = 14 (4d6)

Let's do this

Man vs Nature featuring revolvers and American folk lore, using 2d6. PBtA weird west? Pioneers fighting injuns by day and cryptids by night, that sort of thing. Sounds rad

Injuns ARE the cryptids

Rolled 2, 2, 4, 6 = 14 (4d6)

Ok

Rolled 5, 6, 2, 1 = 14 (4d6)

Wild West where you follow your dreams and can play as horses.

Rolled 4, 4, 3, 5 = 16 (4d6)

Lo Pan-esque evil wizards take over the world and it's up to Wuxia heroes to save it?

Rolled 3, 6, 2, 6 = 17 (4d6)

I'll do it, but only if I get the dice command right on the first try.

Wild west but you play as the horses?

Rolled 4, 3, 2, 1 = 10 (4d6)

I was just about to put together a little one-shot to play with some friends tomorrow, so this should be fun.

dice+4d6

Rolled 2, 2, 6, 2 = 12 (4d6)

Fuck, I'm an idiot, I have to stop posting in Veeky Forums drunk.

Focuses on scenarios of Man versus Society, features cyborgs and animals as playable races.
2d6 resolution mechanics...
So an "Eclipse Phase" hack of Lasers and Feelings!

Sounds like it could be some great fun.

Rolled 4, 3, 3, 2 = 12 (4d6)

At first glance, I read "katanas" as "kangaroos"

Rolled 6, 2, 2, 1 = 11 (4d6)

Man vs Man featuring revolvers and animal playing race, using a french deck for resolution. Fuck I hate decks. WHATEVER.

Look, the setting is Redwall in the old west. Maybe it's Fievel Goes West, even. Most characters are mice or other small rodents, most bad guys are cats and other predators, and the native americans are all animals that actually belong in this climate. We're going to conveniently ignore how that's slightly racist, and also ignore the lack of horses or horse-analogues.

The four suits represent the four ways to solve problems:
- Spades: Hard work. Probably involves digging a ditch.
- Clubs: Violence. Probably with a gun.
- Hearts: Persuasion. Probably a big damn speech.
- Diamonds: Money. It solves problems.

Every character has one suit that's their weakness, and one that's a strength. You can't ever use cards of your weak suit, but you can trade them for the top card on the discard pile whenever you like.

Everyone gets dealt six cards, the discard gets one too. Then you go do your plot (probably why the town is doomed) until someone needs to do something really hard, then the GM picks a target number (they're mostly small) and they have to discard that many cards of the appropriate suit or fail.

Whenever someone discards a card, they draw a new one from the deck. You do this even partway through a check, so you can keep going if you keep drawing the suit you need.

If you're trying to do something opposed by someone else, you do a simultaneous reveal discard of how many cards (of the appropriate suit) you're sacrificing for the task. If you have fewer, you take a minor consequence (GM-determined bad shit happens), then if you can both back down (and lose), but if neither do, you draw back to six and try again. If you can't play a card for your opposed check, you get a major consequence and insta-lose.

If you're doing a mismatched check (hearts vs clubs), the GM first penalizes one of you some number of cards (discard 'em).

Shit that's better than what I came up with ()

no, you're the cryptid

Rolled 5, 3, 6, 5 = 19 (4d6)

lessgo

Man vs fate and god, featuring cyborgs and greek folklore, played with a full set of dice?

Okay, give me a day or two and I'll have something ready.

Rolled 4, 4, 6, 3 = 17 (4d6)

Rolland

Man vs Monsters, featuring Knights and animal playable race, using 1d12.

...okay, I can work with this.

Mankind is beset from all sides. There are monsters out there - trolls under bridges. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts and what-have-you. Zombies, chupacabras, things that go bump in the night.

They haven't the slightest clue.

That's because you're protecting them. You're the cast-outs, the downtrodden - the strays and the pests. Yet, you are also brave knights, fighting to protect the unknowing humans from what they should not need to know.

There are four classes. Rodent, Bird, Skulker and Fallen.

Rodent is the tiny general, the leader of armies. When they are needed, your kin will come. Rodents are usually rats and mice.

Bird is the party face, the one who can walk in the open. You study man and monster alike, and even, at times, communicate. Birds are usually pigeons or crows.

Skulker is the guerilla, the one who does what has to be done. Destroy or steal, even fight, whatever it takes to hold back the darkness. Skulkers are generally racoons or foxes, depending on locale.

The fallen were friends to man - once, they were blissfully unaware of the darkness outside, living side by side with our human charges - no longer. They left, or were cast out, only to take up a greater charge. The fallen are usually cats, dogs or other pets.

...resolution will have to wait.

Rolled 3, 2, 4, 6 = 15 (4d6)

let's see

Rolled 1, 4, 5, 6 = 16 (4d6)

Rollan

Rolled 1, 5, 1, 6 = 13 (4d6)