On top of his current abilities, the BBEG can stop time for short intervals (5-10 seconds)

On top of his current abilities, the BBEG can stop time for short intervals (5-10 seconds)
How fucked is your party?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6VAnE83ViYA
youtube.com/watch?v=33kAMeHVzBA
youtube.com/watch?v=tn4D0g1Hs4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And move within the frozen time if that isn't apparent

But can he attack?

>bbeg

Bleh.

He can move normally as if time hasn't stopped, any onlookers can't tell time has frozen, just whatever he does takes effect instantly from another point of view, any force applied or anything thrown will hold its momentum until time moves again

If the time is stopped, how would you count 5-10 seconds?

Villain stops time, nothing happens forever.

I think he means from the villains perspective it's about 5-10 secs

We track him and kill him in his sleep.

Next boss.

>One Mississippi...
>Two Mississippi...

When you say 5-10 seconds, do you man actual 5-10 seconds, or Frieza/Dio Time?
There's an important distinction on how much he can do depending on which it is. youtube.com/watch?v=6VAnE83ViYA

That depends is this actually 5-10 seconds or is this Jojo 5-10 seconds?

Don't you know that time doesn't advance while you're doing a monologue? That's why the BBEG is so dangerous.

Dumb jojofags, you are the second bronies.

But he can already cast time stop, why would he want The World when his time stop is better?

I guess if he wants to monologue to himself

I thought the guys that suddenly remembered 10 years later that they hate JoJo are the new bronies?

>HEY GUYS HAVE I MENTIONED HOW MUCH I HATE JOJO TODAY
>JESUS CHIRST ISN'T IT SHIT?
>AND THE JOJOFAGS ARE SO ANNOYING HAHAH
>CONTAINMENT BOARD WHEN? LOL

How would you counter stopping time without being able to do it yourself? Even Araki couldn't write a way to do that.

That's about one free turn, right?

That's really fucking strong.

>Time Stop
>Better
Let me quote from the description:
>Normal and magical fire, cold, gas, and the like can still harm you. While the time stop is in effect, other creatures are invulnerable to your attacks and spells; you cannot target such creatures with any attack or spell.
How is that better?
Also The World is clearly and Immediate Action, and doesn't use 9th level spell slots. It's an infinitely usable ability with at most a few second/minute delay between usages.

Ok he has a 1 round time stop.... if he uses it well I guess it'd help some but in 3.PF it's nothing too wild.

I just powerup more, to god levels and beat his time stop

Well yeah, we knew this when we decided to pick our fight with Imperium.

But those bastards still started it by swiping Loli Empress simply because she's somehow able to defy fate.

Apparently you do what Kira did with that heat seeking explosive thing. Without Koichi there Jotaro was dead

Quite simple actually.
Make it so that the BBEG is their equal, instead of being the equal of 4 people 3+ levels above them.
Then, then, he's basically countering their strength by taking multiple turns.

Also, you might not even need to do that, because depending on the system, a lot of stuff that applied in JoJo might not apply.
For example, the BBEG might not be able to kill someone by impaling them on his fist in one motion, and his enemies might not be utterly defenceless outside of their techniques (Adventurers usually have armour, abjuration spells, or whatever else is appropriate for the setting/system). If they aren't, then at most what he can hope for is executing a few Coup de Grace attacks on helpless opponents in stopped time, before being bombarded with everything they have every turn until his ability recharges.

>It's an infinitely usable ability
If you're a vampire. Jotaro, a normal human, has an absolute limit of 5 seconds, it's exhausting to use, and in part 6 the strain's implied to have weakened his heart.

It's actual seconds, but monologuing doesn't count towards that time

Sneak up on them.

To be fair, the BBEG will probably be one of
>Magical being
>In possession of magic/extraordinary healing ability
>Someone smart enough to know how straining the ability is and preparing with some magic item or other to fix it
>Desperate enough during their final confrontation to use the ability even if it might mean he won't be alive into his 70s

Kakaroto plz

They currently work for him, so not very.

>MFW when I realize star platinum the world's power is deeply destructive to the user is a continuation of the themes of part 1 and part 2 where the joestars are cursed to die young if they fully realize their hamon potential.
>MFW when I realize that stands are gateways to a jojos own self-destructive power and can serve to either protect the jojo from it, or release it.

I'd hardly call Joseph "cursed to die young"

Considering his feats it's safe to say he's surpassed Jonathan, the three pillar men were far more dangerous than PB Dio

Well Kars was.
And luckily Jotaro nipped Dio in the bud before he could truly become DIO.

Joseph quit studying hamon. The curse is why lisa lisa did not teach him hamon before part 2. This shit is pretty clearly explained.

Heaven DIO ISNT CANON AAAAAAHHHH

Eyes of Heaven really wasn't very good. Completely missed the point of the Heaven shit on top of being a bad game.

We're playing Hell Cats and Hockey Sticks so I guess we'd be fucked. We're just a bunch of a teenage girls. It's not a combat game. Though if Dio losing wound be the funnier result, he'd lose.

But can he stop time that doesn't exist?

Joeseph proved himself equal or greater in strength to Johnathan the moment he beat Straitzo. Maybe not in proper Hamon power since Joseph squandered all his potential, but in sheer fighting ability.

Well, it doesn't have to be 1:1 canon. Point is, Dio was portrayed as someone with a lot of room to grow.
If he had ever reached the point he referred to, where he could stop time indefinitely, he could do pretty much anything truly relevant Heaven Dio could. While sure, he couldn't erase time, he could just stop it. Go for a casual jog across the Atlantic Ocean take a sip from some Hollywood Super Model's neck as a refreshment, do some stretches, pick up some building materials on his way back through New York and casually encase all his foes in a five mile thick concrete wall in his spare "time" between painting a masterpiece of himself and engaging in his hobby of destroying/deleting all copies of Mr Rogers' Neighbourhood.

>Proper Hamon Potential
>The most complicated thing that Johnathan did with his Hamon was hit people really hard with it
>Joseph turns a fucking bird into a hamonbomb

I do wonder how a fight between Dio and Diavolo would go down.

Note that " if they fully realize their hamon potential." Joeseph had prodigious hamon potential. But while I wouldn't call him "lazy", hamon was NOT his priority. He had to pushed to really do serious training at all, needed a stand as a crutch for his hamon after the grew rusty. He got downgraded from protag to comic relief sidekick in Part 2. And unlike other Hamon users, wasn't able to slow down his aging at all, even getting senile.

On the flip side, the aforementioned Lisa Lisa did seem to reach her potential and she was in her 50's when she died. Granted, she wasn't a Joestar by blood.

It would be very confusing for an outside viewer, that's for sure.

*part 3

To be fair, there's no vampires and all the pillar men were toast. There was no more need for Hamon til stands starting sprouting out of the joestar's asses showing that Dio had woken up.

how does actually king crimson. I mean, how the FUCK does king crimson? It doesn't make any god damn king crimson how it actually how the fuck?

King Crimson's ability renders The World's ability redundant, but Diavolo would have a rough time actually trying to kill DIO and make him stay dead. If he was fighting Jotaro, Diavolo would win hands down. Plus DIO has supernatural reaction times so he'd notice an erase pretty much immediately and could potentially counter depending on Diavolo's position. It's anyone's game really, but it'd be fucking confusing as hell.

We all know that pigeons and doves are natural conduits for magical sun energy.

It erases manga panels.

>King Crimson's ability renders The World's ability redundant
That really depends on which mutually-exclusive canon-based explanation we use. That shit is not consistent.

Oh, so it's another medium-aware stand that only makes sense in a manga, like echos. You're the first to give me that explanation and it makes so much more sense than the fuckery people try to explain with KC+epitaph.

Depends. Can the BBEG fuck someone in 10 seconds?

His little forehead face (Epitaph) sees 10 seconds into the future and shows it to Diavolo, like he's got a little screen in the top of his vision showing him what happens before it does. This is FATE and cannot be altered. However, King Crimson's main ability lets him escape fate temporarily by 'erasing' time. For up to 10 seconds, King Crimson can make everything in the entire universe except for Diavolo stop existing. With nothing else around Diavolo is spared from whatever Epitaph showed him and can move however he likes. Once the erased period is up, everyone and everything pops back into existence up to the point in Epitaph's prediction King Crimson erased up to. So if King Crimson erased 7 seconds then time resumes normally from the point in the prediction 3 seconds (remember, the prediction is always 10 seconds ahead) before the erase started. Whatever was fated to happen in that time still suffers it's results, so if you got shot but that moment was erased when time resumes you'll have gone from standing up to lying on the ground with a bullet in your stomach with no idea or memory of how it got there, since it technically didn't happen. Diavolo of course is immune to this since he was the only thing in existence thus chose his own movement in that time.

It's not THAT complicated, it just takes a lot of words to describe properly in English as opposed to Japanese.

Nah that one's outdated and wrong, it was written by the guys who did the old P5 translation. The one where they confused Venice with Vienna and don't know what a comma or a period is. They've really over complicated it.

Actually it's more like this:
>It looks at what's going to happen in the immediate future, and makes it so that those exact events are inf-act going to take place. Everyone makes the same muscle movements etcetera.
>Then, it makes it so that no one will have any perception of the time so predicted
>Then it allows the user to do whatever the hell they want, fully aware of every action everyone would take, including getting out of the way of punches.

That, or it allows you to draw 2 cards.
I'm not sure.

Is this a JoJo reference?

DIO even says the world is very aggressive and would kill him if it wasn't for his incredible willpower

I personally love the idea of an "ace up the sleeve" some incredible self harming power that desperation forces the big bad to use

So, only half as long as the current BBEG can stop time anyway, and he has much nastier things to do than throw stuff in his time, like casting a pile of instant death spells, fully healing, and the rest of the BS that high level DnD wizards can pull.

Did Stands acting independently honestly ever come up besides then and the start where Star Platinum was keeping Jotaro from blowing his head off

Yes, there are some that act on their own.

Have a (You) on me, pal.

I forgot about Superfly and Cheap Trick and such, for some reason. Maybe because they aren't combat stands.

I don't think the humanoid ones usually do funky shit on their own, though.

ichio keika
sanbio keika

Well in part 4 for example, Bites the Dust protected the kid Kira put it onto even from Kira.
Also Echoes Act 3 talks directly with Koichi as a separate entity.

Talking is a free action.

the true power source of dio after all this years

The question is would your BBEG use this as a chance to taunt you during the frozen time?

Hey Ya!

The best stand in the entire goddamn series.

>engaging in his hobby of destroying/deleting all copies of Mr Rogers' Neighbourhood.

YAMMEROOOO DIIOOOO

It isn't though, he got his shit slapped while trying to stop time.

>ZA WARUDO
>bad guy spends most of it taunting you with sick burns before attacking
>he realizes afterwards you didn't hear any of it because time was stopped

How would you do a Pathfinder Jotaro/Dio build?

$50,000,000 in 1890 → $1,289,587,083.11 in 2017

I think Touhou did it by having one of them trick them into getting themselves stuck. Even with time stop they were stuck to the floor, unable to move

youtube.com/watch?v=33kAMeHVzBA

Just being honest.

>Sound waves were stopped too

You hear it all in one babbling rush when time resumes

Surely it would instead come out as a sonic boom instead.

Just fine

DIO actually acknowledged this, he said he was glad jotaro was aware during frozen time so that it would be easier to taunt him

Basically the villain gets an extra turn once a round as a reaction

>Actually spamming all the BBEG threads with shitposts

Well memed newfag but nobody gives a shit about your autistic opinions

You know as well as I do that it would come to this point and then Dio would reveal he actually threw knives or set off a bomb and had to preoccupy Diavolo.

Alternatively Dio almost fucking dies but manages to convince Diavolo that for 10 seconds he wasn't about to die.

Also Diavolo cant erase time when time is stopped.
Its a draw first kind if situation

Diavolo also has an advantage in this situation, with being able to see into the future briefly.

So it's a draw first, but Diavolo has 10 second notice on when Dio's going to draw.

No one can escape weaponized autism

Jojo seconds are how seconds are meant to be, it's just that Pucci sped up time and they got shorter since.

youtube.com/watch?v=tn4D0g1Hs4I