Tabletop games are inferior to video games, and will continue to be pushed out of the market into obsolescence...

Tabletop games are inferior to video games, and will continue to be pushed out of the market into obsolescence. Think about it.
1) Everything is in your head. If you want to imagine worlds, you'd read a book.
2) Roleplaying is harder because you have to imagine your character. In video games, the character is made, and you make choices as the character.
3) Monster encounters in pen-and-paper rpgs pause the roleplay to start a boring encounter. In video games, the world is meshed with enemy encounters, making for a fluid experience.
Basically, imagination, roleplaying, and fighting, the things for which tabletop rpgs are known, are killing tabletop rpgs.

Nice try.

nice doubles, so bnasically

>you're telling me that card games suck?

what do you think people did before video game?

checkmate.

People were bored before video games.
Checkmate.

So... can we just have a thread where we get angry about stupid shit, since that's what we're gonna do anyway?

Because I am FUCKING LIVID when it comes to these 8th edition discussion threads. I mean, GeeDubs is FINALLY making Melee and Green Tide viable again,and what does Veeky Forums say?

>Meh, Orks will still suck.

I MEAN GOD-DAMMIT IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T WANT ORKS TO BE GOOD AGAIN. THEY'RE THE ONLY FACTION GW HASN'T FUCKED UP BECAUSE THEY DON'T GET ANY SCREENTIME, THEY'VE GOT THE MOST DECENT PLAYERS IN THE GAME, THE MOST ENJOYABLE TO PLAY AGAINST AND PLAY AS, THE EASIEST TO GET INTO AND THE MOST FUN TO IMPROVISE WITH!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! CHAOS WON'T GET SHIT FOR OPTIONS, MEHREENS ARE THE MOST BLAND FACTIONS EVER TAU ARE GAY... ACTUALLY WORSE THAN GAY BECAUSE AT LEAST FSGGOTS GET LAID, AND DELDAR/ELDAR HAVE BASICALLY BECOME THE SIDE-BITCH FOR IMPERIALFAGS!!!

Most things are inferior to other things. That doesn't mean that those things aren't worth doing.

>8th is good

Shut up, GW shill. Or did you miss where the Tau can now not only flat out leave melee any time they want, shoot on that same turn at full BS, AND if you want to charge them again they get overwatch?

No, 8th is a clusterfuck and only shills, masochists, or retards enjoy it.

Wise words from a shit-eater

>it's masochist-kun again
You really need to switch up your language if you want to avoid being outed so easily. These shitposts are weak.

Is what he said wrong in any way?

Sure.

FUCK YOU WIZARDS I NEVER GOT TO PLAY MIRRODIN BESIEGED AND THAT SHIT IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. I LIKE THE PHILOSOPHY AND THE HYBRID FLESH MONSTERS, WHY IS NEW MAGIC SO VANILLA AND BORING?! I JUST WANT TO BE A GRIMDARK EDGELORD.

What I said applies to every board game and tabletop rpg. It's just not fun.

No, what you said is accurate, but incomplete. It ignores the fact that jump-shoot-jump is gone, markerlights were brutally nerfed, that flamers no longer ignore cover and that point cost changes for most key Tau units are still unknown, among various other factors. These are lies of omission, of course, designed to trick the reader into perceiving a dire situation due to incomplete information.

But you knew that, unless your shitposts are actually representative of your beliefs, in which case you're simply a very silly man.

NO, FUCK YOU.

8th already looks way better than 7th ever did. The thing with the Tau is just a sign that GW is changing the way the game is played. You'll see, Orks will be at least 3rd tier.

I wasn't even him! KEK! Creating discord in threads, that is why I live!

Oh man, imagine if you knew about real Phyrexians instead of the dumbed down technicolor phazon mutants they passed off on us in nuPhyrexiaâ„¢.

I literally only know about yawgmoth.

Idk what you people's problem is. I love playing infect decks. Honestly, you guys just don't know what fun is.

Ha, nice try. I'll bump it.

what flower is that?.

al so i think mtg is a completely dead game total failure its for losers pokemon tcg online is where it's at

>mtg is completely dead
Yeah, in standard. They need to fix it
>pokemon tcg online is where it's at
honestly, it's better than mtgo.

I would rather spend a night chilling with my buds, having a few drinks, and make Monty Python jokes while fiddling with minis and dice than just stare vacantly at a screen pressing buttons by myself in the dark.

....you guys are being dumb... video games ARE BETTER!!!!!

>ok sop kids listen up, im an expert here at cards and bordes xddd blach blah blah

that is what ytou trolls sound l,ike

>oh wow its me im the trol in then thread

^that'
s what you are saying

{i used my troll translatyor}

You can play video games with friends, you idiot. Local co-op, or even over the internet.

>Monty Python jokes
yoy

I wish Squirrels could be competitive in Legacy.

> The thing with the Tau is just a sign that GW is changing the way the game is played.
Okay, walk me through this.
Because it *does* mostly look like they bent over backwards to make sure that the Most Precious of precious snowflakes* wouldn't be affected by the way the rules work now. What'd I miss?

*actually 2nd Most Precious, obviously, after Space Marines

But what do I do about the potato in my anus? My Potanus?

No you don't understand.
Every rpg is a masterpiece work of art except for dnd.

>wooooooooooooooow, look at me, I have no arguments to what he said, so I'm gonna post an image instead
get real, man.

>I only hate this rpg because it's popular

Oh, not much. I'm arguing about something I have no clue about because being deliberately ignorant about it actually improves my ability to make retarded comments that enrage and confuse anons and ultimately derail the thread because the content wasn't that great in the first place.