Has your party ever managed to convince the BBEG that he was in the wrong ?

Has your party ever managed to convince the BBEG that he was in the wrong ?

or even better, Have you got him to commit sudoku ?

bump

Not really BBEG, but once upon a time we angered a questgiver so much, he attempted to have us killed - and succeeded with two of us.
A few years later, we (mostly accidentally) saved the world, and this very same questgiver took pity and decided that he was way too harsh on us - so he contacted us and gifted us a lamp with a genie, with two wishes still ungranted.
We fucked it up again.

Story time?

I've already told part of this story once, luckily I still have it.

>Some time later after this all happened, we grew in power.
>The monk even got his hands on a god-slaying sword.
>This sword was also sentient, evil, soul-stealing abomination that he wanted to get rid of immediately after picking up.
>But that's details.
>We became so powerful, we even stopped an evil vampire cult from summoning old gods.
>Despite us effectively saving the entire world from destruction, those in power are acting like thankless dicks to us.
>Everyone - except for the mysterious benefactor, who invites us to his house.
>We have some doubts - but after a while, we decide that if nothing else, we want to learn his identity.
>So we visit him, open the door and the very first thing we see is the Merchant Prince's smug face.
>Half the party immediately gets the fuck out.

>The other half stays - and listens to what he has to say.
>"I may have misjudged you." - the merchant admits. - "You may have flaws, but you saved the entire world. Whatever differences we might have had in the past, you deserve my gratitude."
>A few of us nod. At least someone recognizes us for what we are.
>"This is a lamp with a mighty genie. One of three wishes is already spent - but the other two are yours. Take your time, there is no..."
>Before he even manages to finish, the barbarian tackles everyone to the sides.
>"I HAVE A WISH TO MAKE!" - he proclaims, hitting his chest. - "I wish for Arkensir, the legendary sword of kings, to appear before me! There is no one more worthy to wield it than me!"
>There's a flash of light - and in a moment, a shining sword appears before the barbarian. For centuries, it's been thought to be lost - but now, with a simple phrase, a barbarian wished it into his possession.
>Triumphantly, he grabbed the sword by the hilt...
>And promptly cried in pain, as the sword burned his hand, deeming him unworthy.
>The sword hits the floor with a lound "Clang", and for a while, nobody makes a sound - nobody except for the barbarian, whimpering in pain and shock.

One time the party got our hands on a Helm of Opposite Alignment, and used it on the BBEG after beating him.

After much angsting and whining about the atrocities he had committed, he vowed to become an eternal protector of the people in order to atone for his crimes.

>"Well, that was wasteful." - the monk grins, stepping forward. - "But now it's my turn. Genie, hear my word - my soul has been wrestled away by the weapon of evil, the Leveler. I command you to free me from it's grasp!"
>The genie takes a while to answer, As it speaks, the doubt in his tone is unmistakable.
>"I am not sure I can do that, human. My power alone is not enough for such a task - I may try, but much of it will depend on your strength and willpower. If you fail, gods only know what will happen to your soul. Are you sure you..."
>"Do it." - scoffs the monk. - "I can handle it."
>Another flash of light - and the monk disappears into thin air.
>Only the sword, the Leveler, remains. With a loud "CLANG!" it drops on the floor.
>For a few minutes, everyone is struggling to accept what just happened.
>After a while, it becomes obvious that the monk is not coming back.
>We try to avoid the eye contact with each other, or the merchant prince.
>He just gives us that sad, disappointed look.
>"I can pay you well enough for Arkensir." - he finally breaks the silence.

>Years later, on our journey to slay the gods, we are joined by an old man.
>An incredible warrior with unmatched prowress - but without a purpose in life.
>Once, he has woken up on the shore, without a shred of memory.
>His youth has passed - and he doesn't even know what it was spent on, or which land does he hail from.
>In the end, when it was time for one of us to take the burden of the Leveler, he was the only one who volunteered.
>"I am an old man with nothing to lose." - he says, as he reaches forward for the wicked sword. - "Let me be the one who makes this sacrifice."
>As his fingers grasp the hilt, he suddenly gasps.
>One by one, his memories are returning - and as he remembers who he is, his face pales.
>He says nothing for quite a while, until finally, he admits.
>"Why, my wish was even more wasteful."

DM trixyness at it's finest

I'm fucking dying here user! More!

This. I want more.

I've had one. It was a standard fantasy game, but the PCs had to deal with an apocalyptic cult. The thing about the cult was that they raised most of their followers from birth, making them completely loyal.

What happened was that one of the PCs clashed a few times with this young Blackguard who was indoctrinated by the cult. His whole goal in life was to summon his dark masters, even though that would be of no real benefit to him - they'd all die, and probably in agony.

The thing was, the guy was just a kid. He was around 16. He just did whatever his masters told him to do. In the final confrontation, the PC talked him down from the summoning ritual, but he just sort of looked down at the artifact he was holding and went:

> "But what other purpose does my life serve?"

and made a half-hearted attempt to complete the ritual before he was killed by a well-placed Magic Missile.

He basically committed suicide by cop, because he didn't want to go on and couldn't imagine any other way to live.

There's little more I can offer, for now.

>BBEG

Ugh.

Your autism is next level shit.

>No I'm not the autist you are

Wow some great argumentation here, come back when you're 18

Made a thing for you user. Also made another version which zig-zags the first few posts instead of leaving a hug open area on the right, but the file size reduction was minimal, so unless someone asks, I'm only posting pic related.

It lacks the thing about merchant murdering some of the PCs.

You mean this post? I could add it to the front, but the actual description is in there (with the Commander Shepard post). I only left the initial post out because it it kind of spoils what's going to happen.

>A term used on Veeky Forums since the dawn of time
>Ugh.

Ugh.

I think the issue is that it's pretty clear only faggots and idiots used it and continue to use it.
I mean, look at how you just tried to justify being so lame. For shame.

>Talking to your enemies