Post ideas for magic items and relics

40k, DnD, wargaming and RPG welcome.

A gun.

Because think about it, guns are practically magic. You pull a small trigger and someone far away from you dies.

A bolter possessed by a lesser daemon of nurgle.

It shoots poorly.

A combat weapon that give it's wielder a craving for food.

Pretty good combat stats, but after a few days you need to make a will save to avoid spending part of an action eating during combat. If you run out of food you try to bite your opponent.

Minus to diplomacy because you talk with your mouth full.

>It shoots like shit, always performs like it's half-jammed, shots go wide more often than not, but the ammo doesn't lower and you can't afford anything better.

Gunmace.

It always made me wonder, how the fuck do Nurgle worshippers things work. I mean, Orks teknology is shit but Ork waaagh mumbo jumbo makes it somehow work. I don't remember reading anywhere that Nurgle somehow makes a power armor with hundreds of rust holes in it behave as if it didn't have hundreds of rust holes in it.

I always liked the idea of magic objects that give you extreme powers at a terrible cost, but not a e sword or some shit

A banner that if brought into battle will guarantee you victory, but the banner carrier will always die

An amulet that makes you invincible in the next battle you fight, but you will die in the one after that

A chime that allows you to soothe restless spirits, but when used it attracts ill fortune the next day

A mask that if worn allow you to shapeshift into a wolf, but you can't remove it until the next full moon

This kind of shit. Everyone can make a magic swors

Chaos magic n shiet

Yeah I know, but it's kinda weird every time Nurgle's blessings are described, there is a mention of looking like shit and suffering from all kinds of diseases never healing wounds, but not suffering from them. I don't remember anyone mentioning heavily damaged equipment with fist sized holes in it somehow still acting normal.

What happens if you wear the amulet and the banner in the same battle

You are completely invincible during that battle, but die at the end of it

An old book labeled "using blunt objects as weapons". Have a Tzeenchian Deamon bound to it. Like all daemon vessels it's stupidly durable and can stop lascannon shots. It's a detailed work on basically what it says on the cover. Deals D10+5+SB damage if you smack a person with it, double damage is that person is illiterate. If you have at least +5 in any Forbiddrn lore the book grows a handle with a chain from it's spine so it could be used as a flail (gaining flexible trait and loosing WS penalty for using improvised wapons) - it this mode it deals 1 additional point of warp weapon damage for any frobidden lore you know to the maximum of your Int bonus.

Because unlike the Orkz, it's not a low-key aura of magic WD40. It's a god acting consciously on your behalf.

Chaos magic and mutation. Otherwise, they're so tough that a few rounds making through don't bother them that much.

So nonstop murderhobo-ing got it

The Go-Go Ray.

A weapon that programs the motor functions of the brain to make the body start dancing. The person will dance themselves to death usually within 24 hours due to dehydration and fatigue, unless shot again by the same weapon with opposite polarity.

An auto pistol found in the skeletal remants of a hand aboard an ancient derelict rogue traders vessel. It seems to keep firing without need of reload in the most desperate situations but functions normally if you take the time to count your shots.

Really works best if you roll results as the DM, just don't mention to the player the need to reload unless they ask about it and see if they ever catch on.

Going from a place to another to fight is not continuing a battle, it's fighting two battles.

The moment someone, anyone, yells "we've won" or "retreat", or as soon as the fighting stops because the enemies are either dead or running, you die

Super fun idea, well done!

Basically it's just the standard zombie theme. They are already dead making them generally impervious to wounds. Shooting them in the heart doesn't matter so much because they don't need blood to circulate. They're animated by a dark power and not beholden to the limitations of frail living creatures. As far as weapons go, the lore and rules used to forbid them from using heavy weapons in devastators because of nurgle rot. Think of thousand sons though, they have weapons that spew warp fire and magic shot. It's not inconceivable that plague marines have bolters firing plague magic rounds.