Objectively, what colour looks best on Space Marines?

Objectively, what colour looks best on Space Marines?

Pic not mine, found it on Normiebook

Black and white.

>what subjective thing is objectively best
This thread is objectively shit.

I think that really depends on your skill as a painter.

I've seen people work wonders with an airbrush and create some goddamn stunning yellow color schemes. Namely HH Fists.

Blue kinda bores me, I'll be honest, though red (the other headliner color) can be fucking amazing if done right. The difference between different reds is great, and a bright fiery red can look amazing.

Black is fine, but a bit dull. Purple is fine, but a bit bright.

Green is the hardest because people (including GW) can never decide EXACTLY what shade of green Salamanders or DAngels should be. Dark greens can look very interesting though.

So my vote, even though it's not my favorite color, is for yellow. A well-done yellow is eye catching and easy to pick out the detail on.

Ultra blue and gold.

The ever illusive, just-right Alpha Legion colour. A blue-green somewhere between carribean current and cerulean. Darkly opalescent without being metallic or candy-coat.

A good post-HH Alpha color scheme comes from being able to do gradients. Nicely fading from indigo up to scale green, rather than just painting the legs green and the helmet blue and calling it a day. Doing neat designs also helps.

Doing a good pre-HH Alpha color scheme is about finding a good company to sell you metallic teal and then jizzing your pants at how good silver looks next to metallic blue.

Bold solid colors that aren't too metallic

Midnight

It depends on what your favorite color is, duh.

I love darker shades, especially of green, and I lean towards metals like brass rather than brighter ones like gold. So I tend to prefer schemes like the Sons of Horus or the Dark Angels. The Sons of Horus I think had a particularly inspiring combo of colors that was hard to paint correctly, and many painters had different shades of green.

Black.

Should clarify I mean post-heresy Dark Angels.

Metallic red, gold and white.

Steel with black and white chevrons.

But seriously, this thread is stupid. There's no such thing as "objectively best colour.

That highlighting looks a little too cyber for my liking.

*black and yellow Perturabo damn it

Gettin the legion color scheme wrong? That's a decimatin.

If you actually had to paint a Chapter in a reasonable amount of time, I think I'd plump for Astral Claws.

9 out of 10 times I get it right

>Normiebook
>Normie book
>Normie
>using that word at all, in any context
Fucking really, dude?

Honestly just really bold colors/metals

The more bright/complicated design the worse the marine tends to look.

grey

second post best post

This thread is dumb as fucking shit, but I'll give my subjective opinion anyway.

Personally, I've always felt that brass and red were the most visually impressive look for Space Marines (even though I realize it's more of a Khorne color scheme).

Still can't get over how great the pre-HH Thousand Sons look. The decision to go hotrod red rather than just matte red was genius. And it pairs so well with sorcery blue.