Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tau Are Immune To Melee edition

>daily dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=ihwCe5inTZ8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNJuSl91qY
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tau-empire/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the most hilarious thing a Knight can throw?

Its pilot.

Are the Japanese Astartes folded over a thousand times?

the game

Yuri sisters when?

Hey, nerd!

You're gonna pick up some Chadmarines, right?

>joined too late to get value out of manlet marines and their terminators/rhinos/dreadnaughts
>joined too early to make a full truescale army

Fucking hell, 8th seemed a perfect time to start. Now im stuck in no man's land, cause theres no way im buying and painting models that will get phased in a couple of years.

Then play Sisters.

Gay for xenos sisters when?
>the ultimate forbidden love

don't pretend they aren't cute with those plasma guns

The Emperor's Shadows can attest to that.

They're canon IH sucessors, by the way.

nth for melee combat isn't real

Hey, it's kimono-san!

>Playing apocalypse
>Knight oneshots rhino
>Throw him towards wounded Abaddon
>Dies
Was a good day

this is extended universe tier shit

I wont. The stats gave zero reason to take them, I'd rather have Terminators when I want resilient dudes, and Sternguard when I want something that rapes things from afar with bolters.

And since GW is making it clear that they want to cater to the truescale autists, and those crying that the 'story' never progresses whilst failing to understand it is a setting that you should use as a framework to make your own stories ... I don't think GW actually wants my money.

Enjoy walking your tank off the board

What would make you unironically support numarines? I'll start
>$20 for a box of 10

Quick! Do I take the combi inferno bolter or the power sword on my scarab occult sorcerer?

price is one vial of tears from a SM player

>be 10,000 year old god of war
>fighting loyalist scum
>letthegalaxyburn.gif
>screaming at my troops to stay in formation and kill the slaves of the corpse god
>hear noise
>look over just in time to see a rhino flying at me
>next thing I knew I woke up on the flagship and no one would tell me what happened

The fact that every culture can be found on some world in the Imperium is one of the best parts of 40k.

Maori Space Marines when?

Now you take the sword for the extra CC attack and to at least have AP 3 (fuck Force staves and their AP 4)

Next edition depends on if they can take Force axe/swords rather than staves, and what benefit having two melee weapons gives.

could someone calculate how many sniper drone shots it would take to kill t4 3+ 3 wound character?

>tall marines wont sell
>expecting new kits for anything else astartes

keeping the same old marine price point of 40 USD for 10, or 55 USD for a sweet sweet armored assault box

I don't hate the Numarines, though I think that's only because I want their guns on other units.

Isn't that the space sharks
Does anyone have that islander metal music link?

Space sharks

Have you considered rare-earth magnets?

I would lean towards the combi-flamer because combi-weapons in 8th are no longer one use only and because your dude doesn't want to be in melee.

Assuming we do get special rules for , bets on what they'll be like? I hope Bork'an gets something nice.

I was thinking the same thing Did you try using green stuff again or are you going to try and cut corners and start off by getting your hands on robed Dark Angels?

Honestly, I'm thinking of starting a Space Marine army because for the first time I actually like the a Space Marine standard infantry model.

41 at bs2

3 unsaved armour saves needs 9 wounds. 9 wounds need 15 hits. 15 hits need 45 shots taken.

>mfw charging first turn

there isn't a more glorious feeling

You mean for the stats we have for 8th?

Assuming they're at BS 2, you need just over 40 shots, giving you around 8-9 wounds for them to save.

If they're BS 5 thanks to a drone controller, you'll only need around 17-18 shots.

Not exactly the most threatening thing for a typical HQ

You and me both, especially if there's an equivalent of Kill team or SW:A in 8th, then I would pick up a box or two.

Maybe branch out into one of Guilliman's new Chapters of Space Marine Marines from there.

My friend wants to get into 40k stuff and enjoys comics.
Are there any decent ones? I personally don't read comics.

Those plasma guns are hot af

There's Damnation Crusade, about Black Templars.

Literally, yes.

Were you referring to an extended universe other than 40k's?

Seriously, do you think GW jumped the shark with this primaris thing?
The only thing that could be worse would be female space marines or end times.

How could I forget such a badass chapter?

Honestly I would have been less upset about them if GW would have been honest about them, and just came out saying "Look, we wanna slowly replace marines with larger models, so for now just use them as alternative marine models, but over time all marine versions will be like this"

It would have been way better than this PR bullshit like "No worries, you totally won't have to replace your marines now" and replying to "I don't want to use new marines models" with "But why would you pass up the opporunity to buy these totally cool new models ? Just wait untill you see model X, that will convince you"

I just can't stand sly, dishonest bullshit like that.

what a waste of double 7s.

yup and convert them

>he doesn't use old ass 2ed minis still
it's all legal you absolute pillock

If I ever played space marines I would use tyberos as my HQ even if I wasn't running SS, he just looks so badass
>friendly reminder all space sharks fight in total silence, not making a sound as they slaughter

by your logic, we should all be using models that were the original, and never had any updates

GW jumped the shark ages ago, when things like Stormraves, Stormtalons, Centurions, GK babycarriers and the like appeared out of thin air. And the fluff explanation always being that they had this stuff all along.

Mark my words, in another 50 year Primaris marines are going to be replaced with even bigger marines, untill we play 40 with knight-sized infantry.

Hey look, it's some idiot that thinks the sisters' line will be updated soon.

People don't understand the point of Primaris marines.
For years theres been a logical inconsitancy with space marine miniatures. They are supposed to be bigger than regular human miniatures but they aren't.
This is GWs first start in fixing this issue. Expect tru-scale imperial guard in the future.

>Complaining about stuff released ages ago jumping the shark
Fuck off old fag we will never go back to 3.5

Feels great to be loyal

Anything else? It looked a bit confusing for a newcomer.

Have they ever updated the standard model for an army, but used different rules for those new models instead of just saying they're the same thing?

I honestly don't think they even needed to try to sell them with new rules, the model could have sold itself on aesthetics alone.

Yeah, I was considering the sword for the looks and now stronger assault phase, even if it'd give up extra ranged power from the bolter.
Unfortunately, I can't magnetize worth anything and don't want to ruin this model. Thanks though, user.
>combi flamer
Scarab occult can only use combi bolters.

Fucking christ.. I'm debating buying a pair of Dreadclaws, which would give me the magic number of three. Someone stop me.

Not at all, what I mean is GW should just not have gone out of their way trying to explain away even bigger marines. Just release the things, say this is how marines are gonna look from now on, done.

>charge tau T1
>get over watched
>kill some drones
>they fly back
>you die to shooting

M-man! Melee s-sure is great!

Its just a stepping stone. Expect regular marines to get the redone scale later.

>Melee army takes casualties on the charge

WHAT AN ENTIRELY UNPRECEDENTED DEVELOPMENT

You'll have to asseble and paint those fuckers.

>Main reason I don't own a drop pod army is how much of a nightmare those things are to paint.

>they fly back
>die trying to run like the shitty cowards they are
Wow it's like you didn't read

I already think they look better than the old ones, so there's that.

Some cool looking tanks and planes which they share with other imperial factions?

If they somehow manage to fuck up the space wolves and kill all the furries then change the chapter name to something less retarded and erase all records of the previous version, that would make me buy like ten boxes just to give GW the money.

T'au*

Fluff wise, what are the advantages of Renegade Guard over their loyalist equivalents?

Can someone tell me which SM models wont need to be up-scaled?

you know you can literally use them as regular tacticals if you want right?

So which chapter(s) is GW going to screw over by saying they reject the Primaris marines?

I'm guessing Black Templars........

No stopping to pray to big E

And you could just use regular tacticals for them, as long as you aren't playing in a tourney.

This already happend like 2 times, from metal to plastic to redone plastic. But why does the new stuff need its own snowflake rules this time ?

Not only that, but it's going to be even less casualties on the charge than it is currently because Tau can't use markerlights to boost their ballistic skill like crazy anymore.

Enjoy losing 1 or 2 dudes to those snapshots and then kicking their faces in.

Maybe charge with something more threatening than grots next time

Except they can still shoot you while they run. Sweeping advances do not exist anymore.

The Commissar doesn't need a reason to shoot his own men. Blood for the blood god and all that.

>Scarab occult can only use combi bolters
Sorry about that. I got confused when I saw "Inferno" in your post because I was looking at "Inferno pistols" earlier...which aren't flamer weapons either.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNJuSl91qY

As far as im aware they have not made true scale marines yet user this is a first you gobshite.

If they want to sell a bunch of models, they generally need to have rules which are specific to those models. Few people will buy something they already have models for even if the new version looks better.

you get to worship 4 gods instead of 1, spikes are cool, arrows are cool, daemons are helpful sometimes, if you're good or lucky enough you might become a daemon, hell you might get the chance to become a csm, take what you want

Kek, BTFO

What else?

I would have said Space Wolves if they weren't practically name dropped in the trailer.

You guys think they'll do a Start Collecting: Primaris Marines box?

Recently played Mephiston as my HQ aT a FAAC tourny and for the most part I got a lot of good use out of him just cracking open transports and murdering the contents with his STR 10 sword power and Biomancy.

But holy fuck, why doesn't he have an invuln save (or at least fucking FNP, he survived the Black Rage ffs.) It's just silly that the Lord of Death just gets removed by AP 2 weapons. Hope he gets love in 8th.

And a new model.

Does anyone have the old white dwarf thing, with like different types of cadian camo?

So, what the fuck happens to Sternguard, Vanguard Vets, Scouts, and pretty much everything else?

I play Blood Angels, what the fuck about my Death Company and Sanguinary Guard? They just going to be midget marines now? I sincerely doubt GW is going to make new Primaris models for such specialized units.

The point is that now, even if you make it all the way to the crisis suits and get some swings in, they don't take the damage. A nearby unit of drones does. The the suits, no longer locked in combat, jump a few inches and shoot you in the face. Then you get to run overwatch all over again against a 0 casualties unit with supporting fire flamers.

Now I want to see a Khorne-worshipping Commissar.

Where in the fuck does it say they can shoot *while* running? The only thing of that sort I see is you being able to get one last shot/whack at them as they try fleeing, not the other way around.

Read the fucking faction focus holy fucking shit.

They've basically been T'au since their first codex.

I hope and bet they do. I hope because some of the more recent marine boxes are ass.
Truscale derpcompany pls

Nonono, you're all good user.

>that new Arch video
jesus christ talk about being a grognard, why are people flipping out so goddamn hard, no one is taking the old marines away from you.

Maybe... don't charge Crisis suits with something that can't kill them turn 1?

Stormhawk interceptor.
That's basically it.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tau-empire/
"Oh, and did I forget to mention [Crisis Suits] have the Fly keyword? This allows them to Fall Back from combat and still shoot at full effect. Brutal!"