/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Taking a break edition: Where does your party unwind? The tavern? The coffee shop? The riverside for a picnic?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=plgx--ABInA
youtube.com/watch?v=oNcJDXqmmQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm posting it again because I'm still angry.

>players have been invited to a noble function as the guests/body guards of a baron they helped save
>the fighter and bard decide it is their opportunity to hit on noblewomen
>have them make knowledge nobility checks to figure out who is who
>find a girl, daughter of a count, who is there with her fiance
>fighter decides to hit on her
>bard says 'yeah sure why not'
>other two party members are currently with the baron, doing their body guard jobs
>fighter gets crass with the noblewoman
>noblewoman's fiance shows up, tries to diffuse the situation
>have him and the bard make knowledge nobility checks on this guy
>turns out the guy was a commoner, but an extremely accomplished soldier
>fighter continues to be rude, threatens the guy
>fiance demands an apology
>fighter refuses
>the fiance, not wanting his betrothed's honor besmirched challenges the fighter to a duel
>the duel ends up happening in the gardens
>the baron the party is with is basically in 'oh geez they fucked up harder than I ever imagined they would' mode
>fighter gets his teeth kicked in by the fiance
>cuts off the fighter's hand (because the fighter touched his betrothed with that hand)
>tells him to get out of his sight
>next day the baron they were with sends the party away on a 'mission' that turns out to be basically nothing

>party pissed, especially the fighter
>pissed he couldn't just beat the guy

FUCK, what did they expect?

I'll start us off with something fun!
SPECIAL EDITION OF DRAGON GAME 2
Agent for R.I.N.K.A

>While The main party is off on a manhunt for a serial buggerer. Rinka (having been absent for the main session), was discussing the proper kind of pyrotechnics nessiary for a jazz act, with pianist/baratone vocalist/hooch master "Skinny" the kobold.
>This is cut short by Mune, Fluffy dragon maid, former consort to The Queen, Camp follower, and Rory's Steady Gal.
>"Someone's gotten a hold of The Queen's old magic items from an old lair of hers, Are you a bad enough R@ to find the magic items, hog tie the culprit, and rescue the things left in our collective mom's attic?"
>Turns out GUNSMOKE WITCH RINKA is such a Bad R@... though not literally a rat, that would be silly.
>She rushes out and searches for clues, asking the locals if they've seen the magic item dealer, Crazy Hassan. The most likely because she short and can't be noticed, it takes upwards of two hours before she finds a man with a sack full of suspiciously ornate items heading into an alley.
>Several men are loading up sacks and crates filled with magic items into a wagon.
>She sneaks behind, confirming the contents as what she's looking for then tosses in a thunderstone.
>"THUVIAN SECRET POLICE YOU ALL ARE GOING DOWN TOWN!!"
>"ITS THE FUZZ!! CHEEZE IT!"
> The wagon bolts, leaving the stunned thugs caught by the thunderstone behind. Rinka teleports into the wagon and hold up the thugs riding within.
>One of the thugs starts blindly activating the magic items in Rinka's face! Summoning garden snakes all over her! they dont hurt but they're annoying.
>Rinka blasts the guy burning him and lighting the wagon on fire.
>The Thug reciprocates by throwing a necklass at her. A necklass of fireballs to be exact.
>Either seven small explosions, or one big explosion later, the wagon erupts sending the magic item haul all over the street.

Are Spheres of Power and Path of War BOTH kill now?

What do we play if we want to play martials who can beat up wizards, arcanists, clerics, and druids from the start?

In Pathfinder, you cheeky cunts.

>After an attempted suicide via wand in the face backfires into a swapped gender, The Thug in back spills the beans.
>Crazy Hassan has been selling magic items he looted from a dragon lair he found in the desert. some of them are perfectly fine, some of them are a bit busted by age and disuse. but they all make money. They had to stop eventually due to a crazy golem though (You'll recall this lair is where Dragon Game one had their test)
>Old Hassan is trying to skip town via river ferry with all his loot, due to the guard catching wise to the unsafe goods he was peddling.
>Rinka in her magnanimous mercy, allows the transmographied thug run for his life while rushing to the warehouse.
>Old Hassan is trying to push the cargo through with a bribe when Rinka tries to bluff him a deal.
>Hassan's bodyguard is having none of it now.
>Rinka tries to do what she does best and BLAST, but wait!? The bodyguard pulls out his own magic guns and sends the blast right back at her
>"Only a Shimada can control the Gunsmoke Mystic power!"
>End side Session, And the duel of Spellslingers is soon to come.

>Was invited to a game that'll probably deal a lot with ERP
>Have a desire to make a hardass warder type character to cockblock vapid female PC's from getting raped by monsters and also to potentially beat down the other characters who won't be combat optimized if they try anything stupid with her or anyone else.

I know it's a shitty idea but I just want to do it.

>Where does your party unwind
Can't speak for the others, but I unwind in a private place with a handsome fella

There's no reason why this can't be taken into account. If it's a good rule, then put it in. If you're already at 60 pages, what's two more lines? Just do a CTRL-F then delete any newly written DCs in the errata and you're fucking done.

I've edited pdfs before and deleting 10 to 20 characters at a time is not a big deal, if that's your concern.

They expected to cuck some weak princeling.

PoW isn't kill, in any way

>Are Spheres of Power and Path of War BOTH kill now?
what'd I miss?

>tfw try to cuck some princeling
>chad thundercock shows up
NOOOOOOOOOO

>Thuvian Secret Police

Top kek.

Stop listening to Veeky Forums's opinions for a start.

The issue is making people cross out the maneuver save DCs in their printed books, user.

Everything Forrest has said in irc and other talks sounds like the top two bosses at DSP (not Forrest) want this to be as easy as possible for non-forum people without much system mastery (you know, the most numerous customers) to use it.

EhnJolly said about 2 hours ago
I am reading over these suggestions, and something I want to note here is that so many of these are a radical overhaul to the system that we couldn't implement these in a reasonable amount of time. We only have so much time to work on this, and massive system wide changes like this are going to change so much about the mechanics as to delay things much more than we'd like. At this point, we're hoping to try and implement smaller changes to fix existing issues such as focus cycling, although with the amount of strong swift actions we have, we'd like to think that choosing to regain focus or keeping one's swift action is still a difficult choice in and of itself.

MichaelSayre said 4 minutes ago
We don't really agree that there's any fundamental flaw in focus, just some issues with the current way things interact that we're working on fixing. A complete rewrite of the book simply isn't going to happen, both because we don't agree that such is necessary, and because we don't have the time or money to throw out a perfectly serviceable and functional system for something that a majority of players may or may not consider "better". More than that, many suggested "fixes" are actually things we already tried and discarded for various reasons early in development, so while we're not going to go around telling everyone "sorry, tried that and it sucks", there are suggestions we aren't going to be able to run with because we've already been down that road and we know how it ends.

"Oh my god, we might inconvenience people by making some of their powers better instead of worse!"

Spheres of Power is fine.
Spheres of Might is fucked.
Path of War is, at least, always going to be playable ignoring any errata.

How does this affect path of war?

You killed it! You killed it you fools!

Anyone who read over 2hu's playtest showed how insanely broken SoM is

Which game? Overlewd?

So houserule it, user. PoW was never any good, they won't fix anything.

Not a /pfg/ related game.

That's the easiest crap in the world, you know that? Hell, even Paizo will delete whole paragraphs.

Kobold memes are weak, but make up for it in their numbers and industriousness!

What was great about PoW was I didn't need to houserule that much of anything, or I could be a player and reasonably expect my shit to work if the DM allowed it.

You know what, fuck this. This entire thing is threatening to go full retard, so I'm going full retard first.
I'm making a Dvati Discordant Crusader // Sorcerer / Oracle / Mystic Theurge and NONE OF YOU CAN STOP ME.

Except for that houserules about PoW stating something like Broken Blade being banned if not more.

So uh

yeah.

Deleting a whole paragraph is different from deleting a sentence from every individual maneuver.

It's nowhere near Path of War's damage.

Be a paladin instead. It will fit thematically for the protector of the innocent and virtuous

ok but mystic theruge is banned in gestalt usually.

Let me tell you that's pretty much only a thing in /pfg/ and forum circles.

But I can accomplish the same thing with Zweihander sentinel+ordained defender without being shit.

hahaa
HAHAHAHA

I almost want to do the same with my Nicolas Cage character. Just have him kick down the door and Cage it up whenever somebody wants to get some.

>Spellslinger duel
youtube.com/watch?v=plgx--ABInA

It's not. When you see Save DC, cross that shit out. Woah, so overwhelming.

What part of full retard did you not get?

Honestly though, that entire half of the gestalt is going to be doing jack and shit aside from non-combat utility, considering it'll be 4 levels behind on both casting fronts. And on a Dvati, who are godawful casters. I'd say I'd be fairly likely to get a reasonable GM to give it the OK.

>Adrian

I'll be honest, I have a hard time seeing that ending up any other way but an assassination of one or the other.

No, it's actually way over. Look at the numbers for the Alchemy sphere stuff, it's crazy.

>The issue is making people cross out the maneuver save DCs in their printed books, user.
Treating people like idiots is how you make people act like idiots. Do it right or don't do it at all.

So wait, they're nerfing PoW? Why?

>Treating people like idiots is how you make people act like idiots

how very social darwinist

Because PoW is broken in the damage department and warps the entire game?

Make sure to do lots of unnecessary screaming to stay in character

>Biggest complaint about PoW: Too much damage
>Errata aims to fix: Too much damage
>People complain
????

Do it. I'll play my cockblocker warder and you go full fucking cage.

the errata complainers are just being retarded and wrong

I'm actually going to be trying out Dueling rules for this.

also i was more thinking this.

youtube.com/watch?v=oNcJDXqmmQw

PoW is a meme.
A bad one.

Who would have thought? The people who don't see the damage as a problem didn't complain. My real problem, however, is that they're fucking over boosts and not fixing maneuver DCs to be workable for more than a handful of levels.

>>Using an initiator
>>not being a shit
you have to pick one

Are they making non killy maneuvers good, action economy wise?

Being a good Nic Cage is pretty tough. Any tips?

I sure will. Godspeed, man.

You're a cocksucker

I may be, but I'm a cocksucker thats right

Tell me how attack boosts not working with my defensive focus is a good change I should be happy about.

Because some still will and some won't

Because it's not a blanket change, but changes to individual boosts?

The ones I want to work with defensive focus are the ones that last for one round because that's going to help my opportunity attacks and let me do my fucking job. The ones I don't care about are the ones for one-off attacks.

Cutting his hand off altogether is a pretty dick move though. Everything else like him getting his ass beaten is fine.

Die about halfway though the adventure in the most contrived manner you can for no real reason other than writing a gorn fanfiction. Let the other players know is HAS TO BE THIS WAY.

So only pick the boosts that do that.

What is wrong with you?

>TWF maneuvers and stances will now only boost damage on the first hit

Soooo why be a twf initiator? What use will thrashing dragon have?

Most of them are apparently going to be limited to your first attack, because some people used them to do a full attack and that is the devil.

A side session has NO RIGHT to be this epic.

Isn't that Sean Bean, though?

No, see, it'll be great. You can now use a boost to add a DC 13 check to DAZZLE instead of doing better damage and ending the fight.

Oh, yeah. I love dazzling and proning people. That's why I focused on thrashing dragon

Guess I better save the SRD now before it gets replaced.

>i was able to outdamage barbarians and oneshot cr+7 encounters this was fine.

Is this the power of Chuunibyou?

I really don't give a fuck if Initiators outperform Paizo classes or if they're really good at their job.

Ok, so you're just fucking useless, kys.

>It's okay that we're nerfed now we can influct laughably bad conditions that can be saved with a piddly DC while casters get to just be better at everything again

It's the best. I would love it if Flash Kick was just a glorified Trip. Amazing!

>Its totally ok that I was able to one shot cr+7 encounters. This was balanced.

Being able to outperform barbarians is a shit. Initiator's abilities should not be just 'dealing stupid damage' they should actually add something to the class besides a flavorful way to cause 36 damage when a barbarian can do that in one attack.

While I don't like the latter, what's wrong with initiators outdamaging barbs? Somebody's got to teach those savages their place.

Alchemy =/= all of SoM

Thrashing Dragon isn't receiving changes
NO SHIT, THATS THE POINT NIGGER

Almost like there could be some sort of balance between being reduced to shit but not being OP

Tell me why I should give a fuck about Paizo martial classes. They're badly designed and take a lot of work to be good at anything

Nic cage does it a lot too, he's just more prone to playing a protagonist who dies, so its not quite as such a meme.

it doesn't mean its not a huge problem

The other chars also did insane damage, alchemy just did RETARDED damage

Stances and boosts are being hit to only affect the first attack roll. So you know, all those extra attacks are gonna get.... what again?

is bestiary 6 ever going to be added to the megas?

>The other chars also did insane damage

But nowhere near Path of War's damage.

Ah, alright. So gratituous death and copious amounts of screaming are in the works. Any other tips?

They should if thats the point of the build. Otherwise whats the point if every initiator build possible outperforms all the melee in the game?

>But nowhere near Path of War's damage.

this

I'm cool with less damage, but don't fuck with my boosts. They're a vital part to my operation as a Warder

>one person has a cool session with investigation, action, and story ties into the other concurrent game
>five people have a session that's just watching Rorymei get "raped"

hmm

OH WOW MAYBE THEY'VE HIT IT BUT YOU DON'T KNOW SINCE YOU'VE LITERALLY NOT EVEN SEEN THE CHANGES

you should give a fuck because balance does actually matter

No you absolute mongoloid, SOME stances and boosts are being changed, not ALL stances and boosts

they also did it far less interestingly than PoW, there's basically no reason to use SoM over default paizo

But the biggest problem with PoW's damage output is boosts on full attacks

wrong rory

Its almost like players matter

It's almost like you really shouldn't be playing a standard martial in a PoW game unless you're also using an initiating archetype.

>No you absolute mongoloid, SOME stances and boosts are being changed, not ALL stances and boosts
They said all damaging stances and boosts are being changed to do that.

>they also did it far less interestingly than PoW, there's basically no reason to use SoM over default paizo

Only if you build SoM characters in a boring way.