Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1499: On the Eve of the Final Day

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion
pastebin.com/97CY6uKc
pastebin.com/MdL1FEDh
pastebin.com/ws2d3KAi
pastebin.com/SXy4UDp6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just posting it at the top of the thread for visibility so people who wake up tomorrow can see it. I also added the small changes mentioned last thread like clarifying Empowered Quirk a bit, fixing a typo and adding a note for interaction between Empowered Quirk and Quirk Marriage.

If no one has anything else to say, I'll throw this up on the drive now.

Progress is still halted. That is if you were referencing this.

Guys, what do you think of this Yuki Yuuna Is A Hero drawback? Should I up the price

If you guys don't know what Sange is, it's basically like the fallout from accessing a super form. It takes away a part of you, like your memories or your voice. Although the magical girl outfit adapts to this loss (like having the costume walk for you if you lose your legs) so you aren't negatively affected by it in combat.

Younger Sibling (+200)
You have an adorable younger sibling that you must take care of! They won’t be much younger than you. They may even attend the same school as you. They’re such a sweetie pie. Too bad your parents are dead, leaving you to take care of them. And if they suffer, such as Sange stealing something precious from them, you’ll be hurt. You’ll suffer emotionally, even if your heart is the blackest it could be. And Sange will take something important from them, like their voice if they dreamed of becoming a singer, or the use of their hands if they loved drawing.

Oh yeah, they’ll be fighting with you. They have Hero aptitude. You won’t have to hold their hand in combat, but it’s a good idea to keep an eye on them.

And if they actually died? Well. You’re going home. You failed as a sibling and caretaker. Why should you be allowed to continue on your journey? You won’t have to worry about Sange taking something life threatening from them, so combat is the only big threatening thing here.

Although...if you get through the ten years here, you could take them along with you!

Can be a companion.

Hey Herculeanon, does becoming a god in Greek Myth end your chain?

Is there any way to prevent them from using Sange? Also, can we restore what they've lost with outside context stuff? If the answer to both is no, up it to 300. If the answer to either one, or both, is yes, keep it at 200.

I will unleash the fury of a thousand suns on any who dare to harm my little sibling.

Too bad we can't get Fire & Ice generation quirks.

>Want to do a big writefag series
>Do Pokemon Jump
>Don't know if I want to share it with my friends (who I've told about Jumpchain since we like writing prompts and CYOAs) because I flipped my gender in the first one arbitrarily and a mild magical realm choice, that have at least a decent justification in-narrative
>Can't decide where to go after Pokemon, too many jumps that I want to do and I feel like I have to write a huge essay for each one since I'm doing it for Pokemon
>Have a few jumps that I really want to do hashed out but still need an order
>Definitely want to do Jojo's, but I feel like if I take any amount of time stop powers from any source that I'll just be a Dio ripoff and the writing will suffer, either from the reader's perception or from my inability to write a character that will meaningfully differentiate themselves from Dio or live up to him and be sufficiently challenged.
Kind of making me not want to start the next Jump. I don't know how I'm going to solve these problems.

How would I go about being able to preform webm related?

Embrace the cheese. It's okay to go to Marvel and buy a suit of Tony Stark's armor. It's okay to go to Harry Potter and be Draco's twin brother who got sorted into Gryffindor.

Don't feel guilty about it. Jumpchain is for fun. Fun things are fun.

Roll for it and then go back afterwards to figure out what the hell happened and how to make it interesting to read.

>Can't decide where to go, but have a few Jumps that I really want to do
Well, my best suggestion for that is to write them down. A short list. It's easier to get a feel for which Jumps you really want to do first when you see them all in a row instead of jumping between Documents. Even if it's just a general feeling of "I don't like that being the first Jump I do." kinda thing.

Alternatively, if you're really stuck, you could simply take that list and roll to see which one you head to first.

>I feel like I have to write a huge essay for each one since I'm doing it for Pokemon
Start with an outline. If you like the setting, it's safe to say you have certain things you know you would want to do in it. Just get the major ideas down. Even if it's just a few words per paragraph you want to write or even a major event you want to see happen.

>Want to do Jojo, but would feel like rip off Dio.
The obvious answer is to not take a time stop power. Take a left turn, explore a different desire. Or, hell, just throw a monkey wrench into the plan and see what happens.

Most of all, my advice to you is this: "Don't be afraid of something you write not working. You can always try again. The trick is to learn from each wrong turn while you're telling your story."

But, as Crux pointed out, just have fun with it. It doesn't matter if you have to gloss over or handwave away a few details. As long as you're having fun.

Wow, vegetarians are getting pretty authoritarian.

My Hero Academia Universe-
0/1100
Student
Free Superficial Mutant
Empowered Quirkx2
Quirk Marriage-Four Arms
Free It Might Be Desinty
Free Push Through
Discount "Do You Ever Do Something UN-Cool!?"
Discount Herotaku
Discount Plus Ultra!
Quirk- Tier 1(Disintegration)

Combo-Quirk is bumped up to Tier 3(Hands of Destruction)

Bitter Rivalry+100
Tragic Backstorty+0- Mostly because I like Bacon characters, but don't want to suffer the negatives of the actual drawback

So who was your rival?

Is Princess user still here? and if so can you give me a progress report please

Hmmm... This is going to take a while figuring out what Quirk(s) I want...

Could a Quirk Marriage combination of Blood Manipulation and Brainwashing allow me to control the blood of Brainwashed subjects?

No fucking idea! I'd pick a canon character, but I haven't read/watched the series yet. It's in my backlog.

Though I would like them to be appropriate as a rival to Justice, considering his attitude.

The other problem that I'm running into worth noting is that I'm really trying to avoid infringing on the canon plots. I was planning on going into the Fullmetal Alchemist jump and taking homunculus, but I don't know if I can fit into the plot as either a replacement or a prototype-twin of an existing homunculus and make an interesting story out of it. I guess I'm just acting like a faggot because I hate it when headcanon/OC's and shitty writing completely overtake a plot that's already good. There's something sacred about it to me that I don't really understand. I really want to do the jump, but I want to be a different story that happens in the same setting and has fuckall to do with the main characters and their plot.

>Can't decide where to go
I was planning on doing it. In the example I gave, I was probably going to do FMA:B early since I'm going to do Jojo and I was planning on taking Vampire. A Homunculus turned vampire doesn't make a ton of sense, but it seems like it would be more believable than a Vampire becoming a Homunculus. Not to say there isn't a good way to write that one, just that one seems like a better logical progression. I'm probably going to do the Vampire: The Masquerades: Bloodlines Jump eventually, I want more Vampire powers and I know the setting. Now whether I do that via a JoJo vampire getting dropped in WoD or a Kindred using the stone mask remains to be seen. Both sound decent.
Either way I was thinking about writing jumps at different points to keep me interested in writing as a hobby.
>Start with an outline
So far I've only been picking Jumps that go to IPs that I already know and like. I'll probably do that if I want more jumps in IPs that I don't know.
>Dio Ripoff
I don't know what other powers to take. Time stopping vampire already so cool to me, but I don't think I can be cooler than Dio.
Cont.

Use the Fourth Magic to erase the concept of hamburgers. Might as well do bacon while you're at it. For great justice.

Yeah, that sounds fairly reasonable, though perhaps not as well as your own at base level. Careful not to do too much damage with it or the Brainwashing will wear off, or make sure to do enough damage all at once that it won't matter.

To be fair I'm completely rewriting the history of the Marvel cinematic universe, so I can't really find the fault there. What's the fun of going to a place and then hiding from the plot? Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy! Explode Nazi heads!

Just write it from the perspective of other people and try to make the portrait of yourself interesting, if not realistic.

NuBee would T3 empowered Magnetism be like Magento's power? Not as powerful as his maximum wank, but like similar to Xmen TAS?

>What's the fun of going to a place and then hiding from the plot?
Well, it's not like there isn't a world outside of the plot that also has interesting haplenings. Fuck, the concept of spin-offs pretty much hinges on that premise.

No, sorry. The Magnetism power is more about magnetizing people and utility related to that, instead of controlling magnetic fields to manipulate metal and other things already affected by magnetism.

The best way I can think of developing that in a way that will be a satisfying narrative is in the main themes. For my character is that she's on the run (from the past, the police, the heroes, the villains) and the resulting sense of isolation, envy, ambition and voracious hunger to wash away that loneliness, powerlessness and sorrow, and the last is being greater than the sum of her parts. From that, I was thinking of some memey power copying or soul-absorption shit: Most powers can be learned if observed long enough, but learning, keeping and improving them is strenuous, as not to become a story-breaker.

My main problem with showing a story where my gender is inverted is it's an choice. I'm normally very secure in my identity and sexuality. I just don't want a question to be posed where there's not a good answer. This sort of ties into my "sum of the parts" bit. I understand that things like my race, gender and sexuality play into my perception of life and my values, but I feel like even those aspects themselves are not core to my identity. I feel like if I was born as a different race or gender, I'd still be mostly the same person and hold the same opinions that I do. I think that the exact circumstances of my genes and my body do not define who I am.
Yea, I was thinking of doing the 77 rings challenge for Jojo. I could do that without infringing on the main plot, but still take advantage of the plot devices and cool shit in the setting.

>Explode Nazi heads!
A man after my own heart.

Well, not to get philosophical or anything... because I've got better things to do than argue on the internet.Yes, really.... but being born a different race or gender would change a person right down to their core. Sure, there would be some similarities, but a person would experience different stresses in their life, encounter different situations, and adapt as all lifeforms do into a different end result.

That aside, it sounds like you have an overall narrative to run with. So go for it.

Why? So you can add a few new notches to the bed pole? I'm glad he hasn't poked his head in here again. It was a bad idea from the get go.

>that spoiler
Holy fuck are you me? I've made much of the same choices you did for many of the same reasons. Even down to the slight magical realm bit.

The only real difference is that I know I'd rip off things if I could get away with it and I've more or less accepted that. That and I have no qualms about messing with plots. If it's all "real" then it stops being a plot in my opinion.

Hell, why not embrace the stupid and shamelessly rip shit off when you can get away with it? I keyed my DnD time stop spell to activate with the phrase 'za waurdo' among many other things. It's hilarious.

>Philosophical bullshit
Yea I know that. It's impossible that I wouldn't change. Too many little cheers, insults and subtle discriminations over the course of a lifetime might make me out to be a completely different person. There's not a good way to prove that either way. I guess the main point I'm trying to get at here is that I'd still generally be the same person at heart even if the exact details change.
I mean given the choice I'd remake myself as someone radically different, partially out of dissatisfaction with my life and for a new experience, I feel like I'd adapt rather well to having a different race or gender because who I am and what I believe isn't really founded on my body or genes, but more on being a jaded outcast and only relying on myself. I agree to disagree since I respect your desire to drop the subject. Let this be the end of it.

I'm just worried that my writing's horrible and I won't have my friends to give constructive criticism because of my shame. I feel to a certain extent that my drawbacks so far haven't really caught up to me but the narrative for the Pokemon jump hasn't reached it's apex yet so that's fine. I also don't really want to over or understate the character's sense of turmoil since it's kind of integral to this jump. I have the problem where I don't know if I'm conveying my intentions properly. I'm trying to make it so that my character is a person who reacts realistically to things that happen to her, instead of just being a doll which the plot affects and the pokemon use to speak.

Other problems include I don't want to have a character who's personality radically changes between jumps because of how I feel. It's dumb and bad writing. I'm aiming for a sort of slow descent into villainy due to circumstances mandating moral lines be crossed. "I can't just let so and so die. Being a little more bad won't really matter in the grand scheme of things, right?"

>Why? So you can add a few new notches to the bed pole? I'm glad he hasn't poked his head in here again. It was a bad idea from the get go.

What?, Look user I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just trying to get an answer from him so don't please don't use my comment for funposting

Jump #332: Marvel Cinematic Universe, Volume I
>The Empress: Initiative and practical actions that promote prosperity, comfort and luxury.
Is this some sort of Greater Good thing? Is this like, to get Star Trek, you have to have the Atomic Horror at the start of the 21st century?
>Age: 1,210
>Location: Austria, 1942
>Identity: Tech Expert
>Drawbacks (+1000): Glory of a Monster, End of an Era, Deus Ex Machina
[mistakes were made]
>Soundtrack of the Galaxy (Free)
The swingin' sounds of the big band era, more like!
>They Call Me "Star-Lord" (Free)
No they don't. Nobody calls you that, Peter.
>Professor of Asskicking (Free, Tech)
I don't think the details matter, really. I'm an alien as it stands already, I don't need to hide my knowledge.
>I Am Iron Man (1800, Tech)
Now, this is a useful thing. Being able to create Stark tech is great - especially since this is a century ahead of where I start. Not that this has ever stopped me, of course.
>Retro Engineer (1500, Tech)
This sounds like a rather useful thing - reverse engineering, finding uses, experimenting without breaking things.
>A Funny Thing Happened (900)
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. I accidentally fell out of the sky in 1942 and accidentally-on-purpose stopped the Holocaust. Whoops.
>Super Soldier (700)
Well, I wouldn't say I'm a super soldier per se, but I'm an alien, so by human definitions... sure, I'm a super soldier.
>Asgardian (300)
An Asgardian not of Asgard. Shades of Babylon 5. If the Collector wasn't worried about accidentally sparking a war, he'd probably be all over me.
>Holotable (Free, Tech)
Into my warehouse you go. People aren't ready for you and I kind of don't need this unless I'm TRYING to look flashy.
>Nitramene (Free, Tech)
Joy, another unstable compound for me to play with. How about I just lock it up in a vault for now, it worked for Howard Stark, right?
>Asgardian Armor (Free, Asgardian)
Stylish yet functional! I can get behind this armor.

>Arc Reactor (0)
Cold fusion! Too bad it requires relatively rare elements to be sustainable, and synthetic elements to actually be clean.
For anyone who doesn't realize it: palladium is more expensive than pure gold. This is not the ideal solution to the energy crisis... but it is a stopgap.

Side note: Asgardian plus retro engineer plus all my other tech-related perks? This I can figure out Asgardian tech given a little bit of time... but Asgardian plus Super Soldier plus A Funny Thing Happened? More bullshit than bullshit, though it's not my raw power that we're worried about during my stay. At least not yet.

Now, it is said that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I disbelieve this to be true involving anything but the laws of physics, and even then I don't quite trust them, but I found the statement to be true here. I fell out of the sky in Austria, true, and was promptly set upon by Chitauri. Sure, it's only a small squad of them, but they were definitely waiting for me. They knew where and when to hit me. And sure, they're cyborg aliens with energy weapons, but I don't think they were prepared for an Asgardian to turn into a shoggoth and show no mercy, rather than battle honorably.

Regardless, first thing on the agenda is to end the Holocaust before it gets going too strongly. Sure, I can't prevent it entirely, but I can intercept train cars full of people so that they're taken to safety. And then start stealing all the people from the camps and systematically destroying them once they're empty. All the while, Chitauri trying to take my head almost as often as I pop up.

Lacking anywhere else in the world that can support millions of people on no notice at all... I end up bringing the would-be victims of genocide to Konasse. Yes, the city still follows me. Right now, it's in a nice spot in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific, and definitely not to be seen on a map. Honestly it doesn't change anything in the war beside giving the Germans a reason to scream about sabotage, but every time they start rounding people up and persecuting them, I just swoop in and disappear them.

After all is said and done, in the autumn of 1942, I go to the United States, give Roosevelt a phone call (because I have his phone number, thank you West Wing), and after scheduling a meeting at a convenient time, I walk into his office, introduce myself, and tell him what's going on in Europe. Yes, I'm from out of town, as they like to say. Did you know that Hitler cut a deal with aliens called the Chitauri who are being very stingy about sharing their technology but who are also attacking other people beside me? Allied soldiers, for example? Not a happy time. Now, I'm not going to hold your hand, but I can give your people a lot of ideas, and you have a lot of people that can work on them. What you need is a force multiplier.

What you need is a mecha.

By the way I'm starting the Illuminati because there's a secret organization that wants to end the world and I want to save it, because there needs to be a fallback to stop the worst case scenario after it starts. Welcome to the club, Frank.

In any event, it takes a lot of work and negotiation, but sharing my knowledge (very sparingly) and pointing people in directions they'd never considered... well, let's just say that when Captain America starts storming the front, he's not just going to have men behind him getting shot down, he's going to have diesel-powered mechs behind him, charging forward.

So here's the V0.3 of THe Irregular At Magic High School.
Changelog: Changed Aura Glasses to Aura HUD Lenses and added a HUD function and flashbang protection to them.

Oh, speaking of Captain America, by early 1943 I've earned enough trust that I can be one of the bland men in a suit standing by when Erskine's experiment takes place. And when the Hydra agent goes for his gun to shoot him, I pronounce four words in an eldrich tongue: "YOUR HEAD A SPLODE."

The hydra agent's head transforms into a crimson mist in an instant, and Erskine is saved. (I freely admit I did this because I want that formula, mostly to fix future mistakes because people are idiots.) Erskine enters witness protection afterward, and I erase his paper trail so he can live a quiet and happy life. I even wipe part of his memory on his request, so that he can't follow the steps that he did to replicate the formula without years of study. He becomes a high school biology teacher, and finds himself surprisingly fulfilled in that role.

Moving right along: the war comes to a close in the usual way. The Metal Gears ("You knew?!") help even the battlefield with the progressively crazier shit that the German army pulls in Europe, while the battle in the Pacific takes a more traditional route and history goes the way it did. The Soviets copy the Gear design based on wreckage they are able to swipe and find that normal tanks are frankly more efficient. So does the United States, but a certain degree of flexibility is present and the Cold War occasionally sees skirmishes between US-built Metal Gears and much more shoddy Iron Curtain Gears. Or just Iron Gears.

It's a good thing nobody has ICBMs yet, and frankly in the real world you'll find SLBMs are too damn big for a walking platform to deploy. Also massively unsafe. Unlike some universes, no one decides to make the walking tanks nuclear-capable in this universe, a fact which many people are grateful for in retrospect.

This post got too long to reply to you too.
The magical realm thing is just a piece of clothing I fetishize a bit being more common than you'd think/is cannon in a given region. I feel like I can get away with it due to the climate and backstory for my character. I didn't inject anything too strange or overtly fetish-y into my story and I don't really plan to. I'll actively avoid jumps that would require me to, or write them as optional NSFW jumps that won't impact the story at all if I decide to include them. I really don't think it'll come up.

My problem with doing a spinoff where "What if we did X series but with Y" is that even if it's an alternate timeline or some other excuse, it's usually just done shittily and is completely incompatible with established canon. Going back to FMA:B, I don't want to completely rewrite the plot or even a single homunculus' actions, the alternate timeline is kind of a dumb excuse when there's often plenty of ambiguity before the story began and after it ends where you can do things where canon has nothing to say on it. I guess my grief with the whole thing is that all fanfiction and jump writefaggotry is already implicitly saying that they're diverging from canon, I can't see a good reason or way to explicitly fuck with the rules or plot premise without rewriting a decent part of the plot or resorting to a shitty handwave excuse. I know handwaves are acceptable because Jumpchain fun, I just hate doing it.

Moving forward: the Chitauri continue to attack, both me personally and Europe, and their attacks spread throughout the world. SHIELD is formed. It is given a mandate by the UN security council and is to protect the world, hold the unsteady peace from non-state actors, and conceal the secret of hostile extraterrestrials until the world is ready. It and employs a great many men in black to confiscate what they can, even if 99.9% of the tech is trashed. SHIELD pulls Captain America out of the ice shortly after the end of the war, though once he's free of the wreckage of the aircraft, the wreck breaks away from the ice and buries itself in mud at the bottom of the ocean, beyond anyone's reach for now.

Status quo is maintained throughout the fifties and sixties, but thanks to ideas being dropped that make scientists research in different directions, breakthroughs keep occurring regularly in many fields. Moore's law doesn't apply so much as would be expected - instead of processor power doubling every year and a half, it's more along the lines of just under a year. Medical science advances apace, and while the Weapon Plus program lacks mutants to play with, they do crank out would-be heroes who generally work under the SHIELD banner. In the background, there are heroes at the street level, and certainly not just in the United States, despite what some would have you believe.

Some countries draft them. The USSR is not an exception to this and the Red Room is one of such programs that use them. Omega Red is the pinnacle of the program - or would have been if his head hadn't spontaneously exploded after he'd had carbonadium tentacles implanted in his arms. Such a pity.

Explorer-1 is the first satellite to reach orbit, launched by the United States, and the space race was neck-and-neck in the mid-fifties for a while until a joint moon mission saw the United States and the Soviet Union land a six man crew on the moon in 1959. No one has flying cars of course, but ARPANET is made in the sixties and rolled out to major universities in the early seventies. Eight tracks are a product of the fifties, and by the mid-seventies, disco is being distributed on SDAT players. In late 1977, satellites pick up what appears to be a number of comets making their way from the outer solar system, expected to have a close pass to Earth the next year. The Cold War conflicts are rapidly negotiated to armistices in fear of the Chitauri trying a new tactic.

October 1978. The comets change course for Earth. SHIELD prepares for war. World governments are briefed. The latest generations of arc-powered Iron Gears and Metal Gears meet the Ultron forces that land, and are badly outnumbered. Perhaps not outgunned - the Iron Gears utilize particle beams, while NATO's Metal Gears use railguns - but fighting off the alien invasion needs more.

They need heroes, and they will get them.

The Avenger initiative doesn't formally name the hero groups, but in addition to soldiers worldwide fighting off the aliens, heroes join them. Dr Druid. Magneto. The Winter Soldier. Captain America. The Iron Man, Howard Stark. Stonewall. Doctor Doom. Union Jack. The list goes on. They expected a Chitauri invasion, not an invasion of mechanical beasts from the world over, but the technology on Earth is in the sweet spot where it's effective, but not easily subverted by what calls itself Ultron.

The war takes three years and costs five hundred million lives. A tenth of the global population. Ultron has literally decimated humanity.

April 1981, victory is declared as the last remnants of Ultron on Earth are hunted to extinction. A new golden age is seen as technology of all kinds advances by leaps and bounds, and the Thirty Month War sees political boundaries redrawn in its wake. The Winter Soldier is repatriated after fighting beside Captain America awakens his supressed identity.

The status quo is no longer proxy wars, but heroes and villains playing cat-and-mouse games and military developments casting a wary eye but few active conflicts. Arc reactor derived power is useful in remote areas, but solar is king and bioplastic is durable but breaks down on exposure to enough sunlight or bacteria. Villains are a far cry from terrorists - Doctor Doom and Magneto are tolerated, largely because they are smart enough not to gather up a body count. Hydra is a known factor by now, however, and hero and villain alike can be seen joining forces to deal with them, as they've become known as the reason the Chitauri continue to attack the Earth.

And so it goes, until 2014. The Avengers, with squads led by Captain America (now Bucky Barnes wearing the mantle), Iron Man (passed down to Tony Stark by his father), and Thor (an Asgardian welcomed with open arms) burn out the final infestation of Hydra after an attempted takeover of SHIELD that failed miserably, and only served to expose the last remaining agents.

SHIELD never found the Tesseract - never needed to - and instead it found a place in my warehouse... alongside five other baubles, because when you have portal devices, you're hardly bound by distance or dimensions.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the universe, both the Collector and Thanos were cursing my name as the jump drew to a close.

What do you mean it isn't over? I checked, that's all of them.

Speak up, I can't hear you.

Ỳ̝͖̘͖̳̘͙͚̘͉̖̟͍̳̭͔͇͟͜͠Ơ̶̵̻͎̘̱͙̘̺͈̭̘̯̞͓͎̕͢Ú͇̟̯̠̥̦͉̙͈͘͠͝
̭̖͓͙͕̠̼̬̗͇͇̺͓͟͢͝
͉͙̱̻͉͇̤̙͞͠͝M̶̢͖͕̮̗͇̣͠I̸̶̡̝̜̗̹̥͕̣̰̜̮͙̟̼͇͕̮S̷̥͓̙̞͖͇̼̗͈̮͙̗͢͝͞S̷̶̯͕͙͈̬͍͘E̸̵̘̯̯͉͚͖͎̺̳̯̳̙̙͓͈̳͔͔̘D̴̸̸̠͔͕̖̝̩̻͖
̴̶̛̯͍͓̙̖̙̟̮̺̼̹̟̱͝
̷̷̧͍͉̺͍̥̝̝͙̹̤̫͓̞̞͡ͅO̢̧̘̣̹̼̤͈̜͈̕N̛̤͇̜̬̻̠͔̦̙̪̫͇̪̕ͅÈ̶̵̛͚̺̮̱̜̹̠̘̻̻̝̠̻

Does Erasure work with non-quirk powers?

I think I said that last thread. I'll post what I said there below.

>It would continue to work post-Jump on powers similar to Quirks. Weird superpowers with a biological basis. Same flaws as before, can't be used on stuff like Mutations which are always on, but anything activation based would be able to be shut off just like a Quirk would.

it doesn't even work on every quirk.....

Next time, on Crux Is A Spammy Motherfucker Why Don't You Just Pastebin It Already You Bastard:

"Excuse me. Are you the Secretary of State? Thaddeus Ross?"
>"Yes...? What can I do for you?"
"I'd like to have some words with you about the Sokovia Accords."
>"Is that so? What do you have to say?"
"YOUR HEAD A SPLODE."
>"WhaaaaaAAAAAAA-" BOOM.

Ross is a dick, and exploding his head is justice.

Oh, sorry. Went to bed early and missed the last thread entirely, and I just did a quick read of whatever seemed most relevant. I must have skipped that.

No worries dude, honest mistake.

I have a feeling that would make the problem worse instead of better. Like, much worse.

The jump is a little hard to read. Could you undo the centering so that the text is offset to the side? Maybe lower the fort size?

Does Non-Systematic Type Magic work with other magic systems?

>If taken with Strategic-Class Magician, this perk can be taken again for free to receive another Superpower, and you will gain some very effective training in both.
>This perk can be taken multiple times for different powers.

So you can take this up to three times? One initial, another from Strategic-Class Magician, and the last on its own? Are multiple purchases discounted?

>re-activating a Activation Sequence after having cast it previously is around 20% faster than before, allowing for rapid-fire casting of a single spell.
So does this stack, or does it only shave 20% off the base?

I thought about it, and I'm going to stick to the general plot of VtM:B for the jump. I was going to replay it soon anyway, so that'll be good to refresh my memory of it. If I end up doing the Jojo jump first, I might drop the initial siring and just get picked up as a Caitiff and be slated for destruction, or retool it to fit a random Kindred appearing with atypical powers and weaknesses falling into the world under the would-be sire's tutelage and go from there. I was planning on chronicling the events of the game in my words, and then expanding on what happened afterwards, whether I become prince, a renegade, a diablerist, or something else?

I guess the real question is does it make more sense for a JoJo Vampire to randomly show up in the WoD, possibly with a Stand, or does it make more sense for a Cainite to go to the Jojoverse and pick up a stone mask as a power grab?

Forgot to add "Or forget it and do VtR or another vampire setting." I really don't know how much I like VtR since I've never played that as opposed to VtM. I'll need to read the jump and find out I guess and maybe go into a sourcebook.

I guess the overarching plan is gain some measure of immortality and useful powers through FMA:B and then JoJo and WoD settings to grab more cool powers and fuck around in fun settings before moving on.

Would a sufficiently-powerful Wild Card be able to recruit one of the Chaos Gods as a Persona?

That seems like an INCREDIBLY bad idea. On the other hand, there are a not insignificant amount of metaphysical similarities... Just. I hope you know what you're doing.

That's like trying to nyarly as a persona.

To be fair, these are almost literally just giant Shadows. As far as I know, Nyarly differs in that regard, as he's at most the "souls" of infinite Eldritch Abominations rather than mortals.

NEW END-GOAL ACQUIRED

>Does Non-Systematic Type Magic work with other magic systems?
Since this world's Magic is more like applied Psionics than 'proper' magic, i'd say it works on most psionic techniques.

>So you can take this up to three times? One initial, another from Strategic-Class Magician, and the last on its own? Are multiple purchases discounted?
Yes, three times like you described. Multiple purchases are discounted to Born-Specialized Magician as usual.

>So does this stack, or does it only shave 20% off the base?
It shaves 20% off the basic casting speed.

Here's a new try at formatting.

...There's no way that could end well. Then again, what sane person wouldn't say the same of the canon method of fusing Demons with your soul?

>Additionally, the user only has 100 seconds total per day that they can use to see and decide their future.
I've got a question about Peek. If we decide to use our power for, let's say 1 second, how many simultions could we run in that time? And can that number be increased? Also, are the 100 seconds per day a hard limit or can the time be increased with training? Same for the length of the simultion. Is it fixed or can it be increased?

How fast can you think in one second? Apply some logic on your own instead of demanding such handholding.

You could burn through all 10 of your 10 second simulations in that one second if so desired. The 100 seconds per day can be increased with training, but the length of each simulation is hard at 10 seconds.

>Here's a new try at formatting.
That looks much better, although I was mostly talking about the introduction..

How does one Fuse Personas if you can only have one out at a time? Does the Velvet Room just uniquely allow several to be manifested?

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion

Okay then, how's this?

It looks pretty good. Are you still soliciting for feedback on this?

Wait, so you can only use 10 simulations per day? I thought the 100s were meant to apply to realtime, not the time spent simulating. That is pretty disappointing.

If you want to provide some feeback, I'm always eager for some. Otherwise I'd call it a finished jump, unless someone has something else to say about it.

Maybe put some space between the picture and the paragraph? I think that would make it look quite a bit better.

Done. will post it on the Drive unless someone else has criticism to add.

It could use a little more flavor to the perk and item descriptions. Like, what's the basis/context for this stuff in the setting? The explanations for what they do is all there but there should be more details about what they are in relation to the world at large.

Drawbacks: Quirky, Endless Suspicion, Bitter Rivalry, Tragic Backstory (1500)

Scenario: Pillar of Peace

Villain, age 24 (1300)

Superficial Mutant (Free)
Slasher's Smile (Free)
Gallows Humor (Free)
Disarming Disposition (Free)
Dark Ideology (1000)
Pyrrhic Victory (700)
Snake Skin (400)
Empowered Quirk: Erasure (300)
Quirk Marriage: Repulsion (0)
Black Market Costume (Free)

Oh ye gods, this is one of THOSE worlds isn't it. It's like setting a broken bone that's already healed wrong. Dammit I'm going to have to use THE CYCLE.

A young fanboy suddenly wakes up one day to find himself with Batman's superpower: Money manipulation! Also situational gadgets. Elsewhere, local frogchild leaps tall buildings in a single bound.

Villainy can't be outright erased, of course. Instead, the Shards amplify guilt and regret, accelerating infighting.

So this menacing power nullifying crime boss suddenly gets hit by a midlife crisis. The forsaken and outcast flock around him for safety, but-he says he's out of the game. That being a villain isn't fulfilling anymore, and he's desperately looking for a purpose in life.

Mainly I just float around the skyscrapers, rocking the sad messiah look. One day One For All /throws/ All Might so hard into me his power got transfered. Cue JUSTICE TRANSFORMATION!

The first Friendbringer is a giant flying turtle-shaped behemoth-manse, and it challenges the entire city to a duel to find its' worthy opponent. I play support with cushions of hardlight so nothing and nobody gets seriously hurt, even as the thing shrugs off most attacks. The situation is dire, and this high stakes cavalcade of trust falls brings out the best in the quirky community-even as some kid shouting about the power of justice or whatever finally knocks it out.

And as per it's programming, the thing forms a bond with the child and together-they fly off into the sunset to fight crime.

THE CYCLE: pastebin.com/97CY6uKc

Adding some flavor text now. Will post the results later.

Bordering on spammy, yeah, but nice AU writefagging (and better than some of the stupid shit Marvel writers actually get paid money for producing). So thumbs up.

...how do Wild Cards recruit things as Personas. I thought you just got them with social links and stuff.

For big bad conspiracy, it says the Villain Alliance is too strong to defeat without allies. Is that talking about just with purchases from this jump or does it buff them to above your level? Because after a point being able to defeat a strong enough jumper means that all the outcasts you recruit as allies aren't going to be able to make a difference.

Violence.

In Persona 3 and 4, you beat them up and randomly find ones that want to tag along. I'm not sure of all the details of how it's done in Persona 5, but from what I've gathered you sit down and convince the Persona to join you after roughing them up a bit.

Yeah, what you said.

Coiling Dragon perks ahead.

Added two free perks and a choice to become one of the Supreme Warriors.

pastebin.com/MdL1FEDh

Getting people together to help at all is part of the challenge and helps with your victory, even if under normal circumstances you would be able to handle the whole altercation by yourself and the aid of random people would be negligible.

If it helps any, think of it as the comic relief in a fantasy story or one of the side characters in a heist movie. You'd think they wouldn't be helpful at all with the gang of competent heroes that actually leads and then here they are coming in in the clutch and ultimately contributing to the victory.

>it's basically the same as SMT

Huh. And here I thought you needed social links or whatever.

Social links make personas that you make by fusion stronger.

Social Links do make Personas stronger when you fuse them. That's where they come in.

Starting a new chain, not sure if i should writefag it or not. What do you guys think? I´ll post the build.
Alter Dominoes- Jump 1 Fate/Zero
Origin:Servant
A servant summoned from another world, unaware of why the Grail would-or even could- do such a thing, as it is considered a myth in her home world. After being summoned with the Alter template, she attempts to maintain a cheery disposition, if only because she´d rather not be, in her own words "an edgy bastard- I mean, look at me, i´m already dressed in red and black!". While she doesn´t really want much out of this war other than surviving, she is overjoyed to be able to fight the legendary heroes participating in it, and would likely wish that there was a less lethal way to end these Wars- after all, if it was a friendly fighting tournament, everyone would have so much more fun, right?
She wears light armor in the normal Alter coloration, though when not fighting she prefers to dress casually.
Archer Class 200CP/200CP C STR C END C AGI E MAN E LUK. Class Skills:IAction C, Mres E
Alter Template:150CP/350CP +1STR +1 END +2MAN
Stats before buying more: BSTR, BEND, CAGI, CMAN, ELUK
2xAgi-100CP/450CP- A rank Agility
2xMana-100CP/550CP- A rank Mana
1xLuck 50CP/600CP- D rank Luck (Dont want no E rank Luck, i ain´t a lancer gal)
Final Stats:
STR: B
END: B
AGI: A
MAN: A
LUK: D

2xIndependent Action 100CP/700CP- Independent Action A. Magic Resistance E
Noble Phantasms:pastebin.com/ws2d3KAi
Master:pastebin.com/SXy4UDp6

Drawbacks: Saberface. Because i want to confuse Saber.

So does anyone else use real eater and Amazo backup data on cosmic fact to be a part of All the universes?

>Boku no Hero Academia
>Drawbacks: Bitter Rivalry (+100)
>Age: 14
>Origin: Student
I was thinking on going villain, but I don't really need an origin for that, and since I'm here, I may as well mingle with the main cast.
>Quirk: Warp Gate (-300)
Because I always felt that Black Mist could make for an awesome hero. This is both an awesome combat ability if you're going a for a non-lethal solution and perfect for rescue operations.
>It Might Be Destiny (free)
>Push Through (free)
>Do You Ever Do Something UN-Cool!? (-100)
>What's in a Name? (-200)
These two will help me to make a name for myself.
>All Might Memorabilia (free)
>Backup (-100), import:Uriel, Student, Quirk: Double
I guess that the only way to keep this quirk under control is to handle it to one of my Overlord's NPC with a good alignment. I can see most of my other companions ending up fighting among themselves otherwise.
>Mentor (-400), import: Zero, Hero, Quirk: Erasure (+ other perks that I have yet to decide)
Oh boy. it's being a real long time since I had Rose doing something like this. Probably the last time I asked her to be a cape was in Worm, and that was like half a chain ago. But I can't think no one better for the 'cranky mentor' archetype. I really pity her co-workers.

My first action on this world was, once All Might passed down OfA to Deku imparting bit by bit of kryptonian physiology (Superman: TAS) to him via the Eleventh Commandment (SDS) and do some minor healing. Nothing to big that he would notice immediately, but he quickly found that after passing down his quirk his health was steadily improving and he hadn't lost his touch at all.

I would enroll in UA and specialize in rescue operations, as well as indulging myself with some good ol slice of life shenanigans.

After landing in class B, my rival would be none other than Monoma, who has changed his canon fixation with class A to me, partially for the reason that we would get assigned together a lot and he couldn't seem to be able to use his copycat quirk on me. Which for some reason makes him really frustrated and is constantly

That being said, I also mentioned that I wanted to go villain in this world. Originally I had planned to take over the criminal underground with my companions while I chilled out, but I have done that far too many times. So
Using of my Avatars(Generic Creepypasta) and Roleplay (SAO), and load it with the following powers: Extreme Shapeshifting (Injustice), the entire Toon perk-line (Who Framed Roger Rabbit), Teleportation + Shapeshifting (Samurai Jack), Soft Physics (Worm) and the entire Clown perk-line (Space Station 13), Presence Concealment: EX + Espionage: EX + Information Erasure: A++ (Fate/), Lunar Dial (Touhou)

And that's how the Clown, one of the most feared villains in recorded history was born. the Clown didn't distinguished between his targets, seemly content with mocking everyone that tried to make a name for themselves.

Trying to become a hero? Chances are that all the recordings of your first appearance have farts sounds every time you tried to talk. Want to give a grandiloquent speech to the world? Cake to face. Trying to steal a bank? All the money has been replaced with Monopoly bills. Government officials, corporations and villains and heroes alike would often find their high-tier equipment replaced with circus props.

The Clown would regularly get blown into pieces, either by quirk or just exploding like a Super Sentai villain after being defeated, fall from cliffs or skycrapers, or simply being punched by All Might into the stars, justo to reappear a few days latter in another part of the country.

And since no camera seemed to be able to capture his image, the only way to distribute his image was via drawings.

You know real eater cannot make something more powerful right? Also isnt that an item?

You know, I'm actually amused by the idea of someone with the same power as Black Mist, going to UA, going into the same field as Thirteen and probably getting along just fine with the guy.

I'm not making it more powerful . I'm changing which universe it works on then using Amazo backup data to duplicate the new version Technologically, integrate that into myself . Then changing it to another universe.

Thirteen was the cutest non-All Might hero.

Our quirks would combine pretty well, if instead of having him killing himself with his own quirk you were to combine the two to do more surgical extractions.

I need a theme for my latest Jumper, what should it be?

Power-hungry villain

cats

Pic related

Shields.

Agreed, not killing Thirteen with his own power would be incredible for improving relations and working together in the future.

hypocrisy