OK Veeky Forums my players are going to a badass motorbike road race in sci fi 80s Japan...

OK Veeky Forums my players are going to a badass motorbike road race in sci fi 80s Japan, give me your best stuff that could happen. So far I've got:

- A mysterious masked biker who is secretly the cyborg reconstruction of a racing champ presumed dead in.a crash trying to hunt down the race fixing cartel who tried to kill him
- An alien assassin trying to kill a flashy Tony Stark like playboy billionaire / superhero who will be racing
- As part of the assassination plan the alien has released a xenomorph like creature
- Mafia trying to rig the race, thus outrageous cheating

I'm going for a Speed Racer/Cyber Formula tone here, the campaign as a whole has been pretty much a mix of Dirty Pair/City Hunter/Golgo 13.

Have a race queen for your time...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
youtu.be/ulQtpht27PA
1d4chan.org/wiki/F-Zero_RPG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Take stuff from Initial D?

That's one of the only notable racing anime I've not seen. The players are driving a Nissan Skyline at this point, though.

When in doubt, bring in the doctor

Did you try asking Veeky Forums? They probably would know something.

>romance subplot with two npc racers competing against each other, before finishing the race toghether thanks to the power of love

An extremely large vehicle bearing down on them from the rear - perhaps not especially fast, but it gives an impending doom kind of thing.
Maybe a mobile police HQ or something

Or you could make it fast, and use it as a way to close off the "main" highway and force the race onto the narrow streets - anyone on the faster wider road will get crushed/blown up

The racetrack is actually some kind of ancient migration route for some sort of magical being that arises only on specific planetary alignments, moves extremely quickly, and warps space so you can only follow it by staying very close (Which is why aircraft have never been successful), the racers have been placed there so they can follow it into whatever wish granting space realm it is journeying to.

This is genius, I approve.

It also ties in with an earlier plot point from the campaign of one of the contestants' bike transforming into a powered armour, Megazone 23/Bubblegum Crisis style

And my players have been expecting the return of CYBER GENOCIDE, a Most Dangerous villain from session 1 last seen crushed under a truck he had tried to hijack...

Watch the first episode of lupin the third. Thats pretty much exactly what you want.

Man, it's like you know the plot hooks I've been building.up - I've been hinting at some kind of mythological things going on in an ancient forest. Also allows me to bring back the tanuki fence who runs a nut stand.

An eccentric inventor has entered the race to show off his bomb-ass transforming vehicle. He doesn't actually care that much about winning, but he'll take every chance he can get to show off the features.

A bunch of bosozoku swing by in a mass ride... Going in the opposite direction in an effort to show their manliness in a huge game of chicken.

Throw in "Ultimate Muscle Roller" just because.

youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M

Make sure to include all three transformations!

Just crib off of this.

A ninja from the future has travelled back in time to win the greatest racing competition in the world, and prevent a world war.

One of the racers has a bomb strapped to the underside of the car and can't lift the gas pedal until he finishes or it'll explode.

Godzilla breaks the road and they have to drive vertically while being thrown around by a giant monster.

They drift round a corner into the X dimension, where gravity is screwed and the road goes haywire.

If you don't make the masked biker wear an all white suit I swear to fuck

The track ahead looks like it's broken, but then suddenly, out of an adjacent lake, the tentacles of a giant octopus reach out and connect to it. They have to race along it's merrry-go-round tentacles to reach the other side.

Pressure plates in the track trigger pop-up traps like spike walls, machine guns, flamethrowers, pits and whatever else. Watch the newer Death Race and combine those traps with whatever insanity you choose. Maybe some traps you have to hit, like driving at a sheer wall but a launcher will fling you up on top where the track continues. Of course, there are fewer launchers than cars in the race...

They meet a guy who sort of acts like their mentor in motorcycle racing. Really cool guy that uses some weird martial technique with steel balls.

Also later, one guy that's a world famous racer gets infected by a strange disease that allows him to turn into a velociraptor.

And the president of the united states is working on something big behind the scenes...

Fuck it, just make it Steel Ball Run already.

>motorbike road race
>sci fi anime Japan
>badass

I don't follow

Gunships or some flying robot making strafing runs with machine guns, rockets and the inescapable missile. Bonus points if it is law enforcement

>le funny British guy memes
Fuck off

>Some say he has absolutely no sense of humour
>and that he wants people to stop liking what he doesn't like
>All we know is, he's called the autist

While the Stig is a classic and as a bong I should respect my roots, my initial inspirations were Char, Kamen Rider and Racer X to fit the setting.

Just ditch the weeb shit and do wacky races instead

>Just ditch the weeb shit and do wacky races instead

There's a game for that too!

Bumping a good thread for once.

youtu.be/ulQtpht27PA

Taken from us too soon, it had potential damnit.

police/yakuza helicopter trying to stop the race
Helo/bike chases always offer tons of opportunities because both protagonists are very dynamic but very different.

And since it's sci-fi you can go with some aircar or vertibird instead of a helicopter.

OP back

Now I just want to run a Redline campaign, what started out as a simple one-off session idea has spurred a bunch of really good ideas for a motorsport themed campaign.

As a fan of /m/ and Veeky Forums this is a good feeling.

He actually transforms into an Utahraptor, thanks

add The Stig, please, also i want in on this game, is it only by any chance and is there still a spot

>the power of love
You mean the part where one puts their special super-fuel into the other's finely-tuned engine?

The ending should have been like 10 minutes longer and more elaborate, but they were running out of budget.

Race against a weird, cybernetic driver that can plug directly into vehicles and control them as skillfully as their own body.

Being paid to chase down experimental animals, now capable of outrunning most cars and equipped with military grade weapons.

Driving through the turf of multiple gangs, each of which have a driver in the race and try to fuck up other racers. Perhaps they use nonlethal means if the race is more about everyone showing off and their leaders have forbidden anything that could start a war. EMPs to take out your battery, expanding foam to cover windshields, altered route markers to send people off course, oil slicks, etc.

Kaiju attack!

Crime bosses are using the race as a cover to transport drugs, hot goods, cash or even human trafficking, and some gung-ho bounty hunters have entered in an attempt to catch them. Try to avoid the crossfire.

Someone is using RC vehicles to fuck with the racers. Whether improbably fast toy cars or flying drones, they're a hassle to deal with as they get under tires, spray paint on vehicles, blow up and even if you capture one they're all carrying messages mocking you.

>super soldier put on stasis and put into a satellite that orbits the planet suddenly crashes down and awakens
do this OP

The game is run in person sadly and has been a glorious weeb version of those "what if ALL THE SUPERHEROES WERE REAL" things

The PCs have fought satanic sukeban gangs summoning yokai, yakuza running alien bloodsports, a post apocalyptic muscle dude called Jago, a cyborg samurai with a reverse blade sword, mad scientists building android sons,
and a killer cyborg from space called CYBER GENOCIDE who was trying to activate the DEATH PROGRAM, a supercomputer that would call in a robot army to destroy humanity

They have, in the process, pissed off an empire of blue space nazi elves, met an alien princess in hiding on Earth who is secretly building a super robot, been on a trip to Hell to meet the Oni Emperor's appalling in-laws, befriended a lecherous skeleton and a tanuki selling nuts and sold a bunch of "dream crystals" from "the moonlight mirror realm" to a totally trustworthy woman in black bikini armour called Hell Sorceress Palina.

It might sound like your worst nightmare of LOL RANDOM REFERENCES but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

The first session of the whole campaign had an MD Geist homage in. They've also fought not-Tekkaman Evil (and killed him with.a double barrelled shotgun and balls of steel)

>Now I just want to run a Redline campaign
There's a game for that too

1d4chan.org/wiki/F-Zero_RPG

>I JUST WANT TO GO HOME! I HAVEN'T SEEN MY SON IN 7 YEARS!

I'm stealing some of this for my The Strange campaign.