Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/ : "I've never gotten to make one of these before" edition.

>daily dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=ihwCe5inTZ8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

First for Slaanesh and the Emperor's Children!

No. Second for THE IMPERIUM SECUNDUS!

You're in the monastery with your tactical squad when this guy walks in and slaps your sergeant's ass. What do you do?

Keep in mind he's a foot taller and has 2 wounds.

Report to chaplain because of slaanesh corruption.

Try not to be too obvious as I try and get him to do the same for me.

I would, because I think the current Space Marines look stupid.

oh boy I can't wait for several months of shitposting

>months
Oh, sweet user. It'll be years, perhaps decades.

Reasking from last thread.

Would it make sense for minotaurs to have numarines?

It has already been the case for quite some time.
And this is only the beginning.

with any luck the rules releases will stymie it

No, it only makes sense for minotaurs to have even more betterer newerer marines designed to kill primaris marines (nothing personal) because they always get the besterest most special stuff.

#
>Old One Eye was only ever seen on a single planet, he's fieldable
he's been to a few, part of his fluff is that he keepe getting picked up assumed a corpse talen to be sold for a bounty. Only to wake up somewhere and summon another hivelfeet.

The GSC codex mentions a cult that has him now

I fail to see how any of those things are bad.

I know formations are on the way out, but does anyone actually use the Emperor's Shield Company? Its so expensive for just guardsmen fire and move orders.

Because you're GW's new target audience. Enjoy the ten years they'll spend milking money out of you, before throwing you aside to chase the latest market trend.

So, any chance I'll be able to field my Frateris Militia/Redemptionist Cult as conscripts in 8E without having to pay the infantry Platoon tax (I usually run MechVet)?

Yoo what is this

>New things are bad
>upgrading marines is bad while they were replaced over thirty years many times.

Guard in general are just shit. Outside of summoning spam and artillery they are compete garbage.

Not that guy, but I've been into 40k for nearly twenty years and this has me hype as fuck.

Play with your goofy old models then.

Looks like a space marine.

Looks like unpainted plastic of the new DG models, sauce?

THE FUCK IS A PRIMARIS MARINE

Getting back to 40k for the new edition.

With oldmarines

www.facebookcom/StayFrostyStudios/

a chaos midget marine

So its it Just me or do Primaris marines look pretty much the same as normal marines?

Been playing already for 5 years, user. Really enjoying all this.

I seriously don't know why GW thinks making the good guys bigger and more threatening than the bad guys is in any way a good idea.

Apparently not as midget as we think.

Death Guard marine.

I mean they're really just old marines with Terminator legs.

because they are. just bigger.

they said CSM will also get their own truescale super-marines

What's relevant is all of those used the same rules and had the same fluff, despite their arms and armour upgrading and changing through thirty years of the game.

The new marines don't. They function as their own sub-faction, which is the sticking point.

>great new models
>fun storyline
Based Ward.

The imperial guard doesnt need shitty marinelets who are getting replaced by true primaris marines.

He's a big guy

Well fuck me that looks nice.

Can the Forgeworld Custodes Dreads be taken in 40k or are they 30k only?

Hasn't it always been so? The chaos models have always looked retarded.

I hope its todays reveal. I dont want to suffer this pain more than a day

Don't lie, you'd be madder if they just replaced your marines with new ones.

So about the same size as Primaris Marine then ?

They will have old marines being upgraded with new geneseed and armor for sure, Guilly is not douchebag Emperor, and old marines are not thunder warriors.

Why would I be? I've been playing since RT, and my army's been supplanted several times over by new kits.

whattup fellow 3e bro?
Still got any of your old stuff from when you first got into the hobby?

Yes that doesn't make it any better, it's just this weird shitty idea that GW clings to for some reason.

You mean that photoshopped thing that doesn't exist?

Rules wise chaos wont be getting primaris marines but theres nothing stopping you from using their models to make csm

Because you or other marine players would be mad you have to rebuy your whole army again.

Couple of old metal necron warriors and some CSM stuff my dude. Sold most of it unfortunately, but I keep one of pic related on my desk as a paperweight. I'm at work at the moment otherwise I'd take a photo :(

I feel like most of the shitting on the primaris comes from the idea they're going to be the new sigmarines. But that's not the case: primaris marines are not made to be a separate faction, they're more like an alternative to terminators and veterans. You can field an all-primaris army, but you could do that with terminators and bikes already.

If the problem is aestethics, there's literally nothing anyone can do to make you like them, if you don't like the rules, just field them as regular marines and enjoy the truescale

30k only

Damn, lookin good. I might end up picking up that starter set afterall.

Shit lol that was meant for you, I fucking (you)d myself. I let my nephew borrow my 3e rulebook and he loved the art so much that he wants to start playing (he's 12) and as much as Veeky Forums complains about kiddies in the hobby it feels good to be passing it on to the next generation

FatBoyNoSlim on dakka had several batreps with an ESIC army. He ran "pure infantry" (no tanks...at all), with lots of Grenade Launchers and a Conscript blob as well, and basically Zapp Brannigan'd his way to objectives. Riptide Wings and wolfstars killed him though he could take on Eldar (they couldn't kill him fast enough) and War Convo without much issue.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I've already seen that song and dance four times over now. I said what I had a problem with, and it isn't anything to do with the models.

Is the Word Bearers Omnibus any good?

Bought Night Lords omnibus and thinking of getting that too.

Their background is the problem. Bobby G is a literal nobody who is only somebody because Matt Ward got such a hard on for ultramarines they're still shitting out bad fluff years after Ward left.

The models are great. Nobody is complaining about the models. People are complaining because it shits on the setting.

Visually they look great, the problem is the shitty ass lore and the fact that only vanilla loyalists will be getting proper models for them for the foreseeable future.
Like I'm really going to enjoy having to wait another 20 or so years for scale corrected rubrics.

Starting a repentia heavy SoB army. First model almost done, just needs some more details

Gosh I hope Repentia will be good in 8th edition. I'm so ready to buy three squads of them.

might try to make the fire a bit better as well

I'm pretty sure they invited Ward in as an advisor for Gathering Storm, hence all the fucking Wardian wankery.

Nice. I too sold most of my old stuff. Still miss those old school rhinos, even if they did look silly.
Still got all my books though. Every faction codex, rulebook, cityfight book, and the 3E imperial armor books.
Looks like 8E will be the first time since then that every faction has an up to date codex.

Dear GW, don't fuck me on the Plague Marine kit. Thank you.

You twat, rubricks are bigger than old marines and were made less than year ago.

Nah, Ward was there like 6-7 months before gathering storm started.

Takes 2 years at least to design and make the models.

The quality of the writing might be worse but they were always planning something like it.

You're dumb and I hope you get asshole STDs.

With the round doors right? Yeah I've got three of those lying around lol. The scale is off so they're not much use so I'm thinking of trying to sell them or maybe using them as transports for my 30k Militia army

I'm really excited for the new ed too man. All the factions getting rewritten at once with playtesting is something that has literally never happened before and can only be good for the game. People need to cool their beans

That's the fucking problem, they're still smaller than numarines and shittier to boot. So I'm going to have to wait ages for the next update if there even is one.

If the starter set really under 150$ just as the rumour said then I'll take it day 1.

are the new cult marines not all going to be primaris scale? How big are the numarines? Cuz the new DG are custodes size.

>they're still smaller than numarines
Does anyone have a size comparison for a rubric marine and a custodes? I would like to see how much larger the primaris marines are going to be.

>Takes 2 years at least to design and make the models
Maybe when they were hand-modeling them. No chance it takes that long now with CAD and such. Maybe a year max to COMPLETE production.

Looks really good. Happy for DG players even though I don't like Nurgle.

>new primaris chapter: the Hot Dogs
>primarch is Oscar Mayer

>Bobby G is a literal nobody who is only somebody because
The Primarch of the canonically best Chapter who wrote the Codex still followed to this day is a literal nobody?

And don't do yourself the disservice of proving you're a fucking newfag by going "muh Wardfluff" because this has always been a thing since 2nd, Matt Ward was just a little too wanky about it. Ultras were always canonically considered the best Chapter long before he ever worked for GW.

t. Xenos player who doesn't give actually give a fuck about marinewank, I just want to set the facts straight for these fucking DoW kiddies coming over from 1d4chan.

MORE
BELLS

IT TOLLS FOR THEE

+ Might not have to worry about swinging last
- Shooting buffed so hard they're probably even less likely to ever reach combat than now

>cant easily convert primaris to csm because of that giant chest eagle on every torso
>even harder to convert deathguard with that protruding ass cancer everywhere

Its down to a general super-csm box for me

A literal nobody who never did anything interesting until being resurrected to sell more models. All the interesting stuff during the heresy were committed by the traitor legions and the legions at Terra.

>With the round doors right?
Yeah, the armor was really slanted too.

>Yeah I've got three of those lying around lol.
Nice dude. Wish I still did. Not matter how silly they look, they give me massive nostalgia.

>I'm really excited for the new ed too man. All the factions getting rewritten at once with playtesting is something that has literally never happened before and can only be good for the game. People need to cool their beans
Exactly!
I'm so glad to have a real new edition, instead of backwards compatible add-ons to 3rd edition.
even though I love 3rd edition

pfft. 5 years. how old are you? 14?

A literal nobody that was reason why Horus challenged Emperor instead of siege. A literal nobody that conquered more worlds than Horus. A literal nobody that made all Imperial armed forces after Heresy.

I mean Magnus took the sculptor more than 300 hours to design. Obviously it's a smaller kit,but they must have done loads of back and forth to find their point. I fond it reasonable to believe Ward has not hand in the GS and Primarines.

Assuming standard working hours that's about 2 months to make Magnus.

can anybody post a size comparison picture of cuckstoodees net to a new rubric marine?

What you don't think the sculptor spent time off work, thousands of design drafts tacked to his walls, going days without sleep just to craft the patron saint of nipple horns?

Of all the fucking things they could add to W40k they choose BIGGER SPUSSMERINZ.

Why?

A literal nobody that was the single most influential character on Space Marine fluff? Creating the structure of the modern Imperium, breaking the Legions into Chapters, writing the Codex Astartes, being the gene-sire of the Chapter that single-handedly stopped the Imperium from being wiped out by the first Tyranid Hive Fleet?