Melee will be good again in this edition, we promise

>melee will be good again in this edition, we promise
>oh by the way we are making the shooting faction better at shooting

Classic Gee Dubs

Battlesuits are fine and cool, but I'd like more auxiliaries, especially now that the lost Fourth Sphere of expansion has spread Tau colonies across all the corners of the galaxy while Fifth is going on expanding the Empire.

This please. I really enjoy playing my Space Cow people but the Auxis are actually more fun.

It would be cool if they added aux psykers

I'd like auxiliaries more if they retained more of the Tau aesthetic; I never liked the contrast between firewarriors and Kroot.

Personally, I would pay for a Vespid Queen as an HQ or elite Monstrous Creature. If Tau are Space Japan, it only makes sense their insect-warriors should also have a radiation-breathing Space Mothra.

After saying stormsurge can shoot 10 weapons at 3+ and reroll 1s and fall back from combat while shooting all its guns with no penalty.. Dunno kinda worrying

>add an entire aux IG army

>markerlights only provide a reroll of 1
>over-watch thusly isn't as strong.

>hitting on 3+

Needs to stay still, so you can't do it if you fall back from combat

>reroll 1s

Is the new bonus for markerlights, replacing getting things up to BS 5 with twin-linked guns

>fall back from combat

Depending on if it survives. Likely if you just charge it with a tarpit. Not as much if you have another superheavy try to cut it to bits.

It cant anchor and fall back in the same turn, so it can still fire while retreating but itll be at 4+

So there's some penalty in opportunity cost

But its a giant fucking artillery platform, it SHOULD do lots of damage

Not to mention that hitting on 3+ is in place of just firing everything twice. I'd say that's a pretty significant difference.

>Rerolling 1s
>Instead of BS 5 ignores cover

Yes, much better at shooting indeed. Those Imperial Fists were always beating Tau in prolonged gunfights on the tabletop.

>theorycrafting before you've even seen the rules

hmmm

Do we know what they're doing to MCs? If they're more in-line with vehicles in terms of durability it'll be balanced.

>humans outbreed Tau dramatically
>by the time the Imperium deals with the sentient Damocles Firewall, the Tau Empire will be comprised primarily of humans with a smattering of xenos

If the Tau live for 40 years, it is highly likely that they breed like rabbits to compensate for their short lifespans.

Not to meme but if this really is all markerlights are now Tau are fucking D E A D.

I want to know what the tau melee will be like. Do we keep our billion and one relics from previous editions? Do we keep the fusion blades? How does wargear work with narrative points? WHAT ARE RAILGUN STATS? Are the weird and more tactical formations going to have equivalent design space? Deep Strike?

Wait! What if they release so many broken rules for Tau that in order to play them in official tournament play they have to be castrated to the point of unplayability, essentially removing Tau from the game!

Markerlights got nerfed hard. In the example they gave, a single markerlight allowed re-rolls of 1. At the most, a full set of markerlights is basically going to allow re-rolls, hitting on 4+ for most of the army. Tau are strictly average at shooting without BS increases, even re-rolls with 4+ is not fantastic. Tau just dropped hard in applicable firepower.

>can brainlessly ram your dudes against 19/20 armies in the game
>playing against one that actually tasks the melee player to think further than just "i roll to charge"
Good to know those hundreds of playtest hours haven't gone to waste.